BaguaKicksAss

Yin? (yang?)

And yes, the looping energy thing, that definitely makes sure neither partner are depleted, and enhances and strengthens the energy for/of both people.

On a side note, it also seems to prolong orgasm in both parties ;).

Good for building up a magic charge for the talisman, or rite, or whatever...

OK so I'm getting a bit off topic now.

• Like 1

I believe a depressed person is lost in false yin. Didn't someone say that "depression is anger minus enthusiasm?" That's your false yin in a nutshell.

Lost in true yin feels awesome. I was lost there once, in Peru... I wasn't depressed in the least, I was feeling awesome in the primary sense of the word -- ecstatically terrified.

Can you attempt to give us a better idea of how the feeling of yin felt - feels?

(In common terms - I don't know half the words used in this section that are not traditional english ones - thanks :)

If you ever come to see auras with your eyes open

The most advanced being on the planet that we know of at this point is only able to perceive an aura when he unleashes his full potential, normally he does demonstrations with less than 1% of his maximum ability.

People who think they can see auras are deluding themselves.

My breath caught in my throat. “What color is my aura?” I blurted out without a hint of subtlety.

“I don’t know.” He raised a hand to silence my protest.

“I can see the deepest color of your aura only when I am at full power, during the times when I am training in the mountains. Not now.”

Danaos, Kosta Nei Kung: The Secret Teachings of the Warrior Sages (p. 10)

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 1

mistaken point regarding the ability of the open eye to see a magnetic field?

Again I will give you people can believe they see something, but I've seen all sorts of silly newage people claim to see all sorts of silly things.

• Like 1

Yin is first and foremost 'open receptivity," so, e.g., learning to open your joints is a lesson in feeling yin. Few modern people can open their joints without years of proper training, few can melt the hardness, stubborn determination to be "just so," tensions in the way of feeling yin. Then there's mind-fracks from ideology that are also in the way. I wrote about "endarkenment" as the yin alternative to "enlightenment" years ago, but I can't really explain to those who are chasing a radioactively glowing cat in a brightly lit room that she isn't there.

Could you please expand on "opening the joints"

Perhaps in a new blog titled " opening your joints "

I am very interested in knowing about this topic - i did not know it was a topic :)

The most advanced being on the planet that we know of at this point is only able to perceive an aura when he unleashes his full potential, normally he does demonstrations with less than 1% of his maximum ability.

People who think they can see auras are just sad delusional newagers.

Different people have different abilities, from what I have found.

And I'd need to re-read the insult policy again before responding to that second part ;). I am soooo not a newager.

Seriously though... just because you (or others) cannot perceive a certain thing, does not mean it does not exist.

• Like 4

I do not know where your certainty comes from regarding the feeling of yin.

Lot's of people claim to be able to feel yin and what they call yin energy may be a real energy.

The problem here is what Chang refers to as yin energy is something else altogether.

Two separate things sharing the same name here is causing massive confusion.

• Like 2

And I'd need to re-read the insult policy again before responding to that second part ;). I am soooo not a newager.

Seriously though... just because you (or others) cannot perceive a certain thing, does not mean it does not exist.

Well it isn't directed at anyone here in particular.

Imagine you met a God like being, who came down and demonstrated abilities like walking through walls, the ability to fly, heal stage 4 cancer instantly, virtually anything you can imagine.

And he told you that even he couldn't see an aura unless he was using near his maximum potential.

Then the group of people next to you spurt out with well DUH you are wrong cause I can see auras...

Lot's of people claim lots of things, and lots of people claim they know better than the most advanced beings on earth, doesn't make it so.

Most of these people who claim to see spirits in waking consciousness, feel yin energy, see auras, even if told directly by such a god like being they were delusional would only argue with the teacher and call him a fraud.

That's sort of what I am getting at.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 2

Well it isn't directed at anyone here in particular.

Imagine you met a God like being, who came down and demonstrated abilities like walking through walls, the ability to fly, heal stage 4 cancer instantly, virtually anything you can imagine.

And he told you that even he couldn't see an aura unless he was using near his maximum potential.

Then the group of people next to you spurt out with well DUH you are wrong cause I can see auras...

Lot's of people claim lots of things, and lots of people claim they know better than the most advanced beings on earth, doesn't make it so.

Most of these people who claim to see spirits in waking consciousness, feel yin energy, see auras, even if told directly by such a god like being they were delusional would only argue with the teacher and call him a fraud.

That's sort of what I am getting at.

Arg multiquote, why hast though forsaken me?

Yes I figured you didn't mean anyone in particular, hence why the smiley :).

I think one this small bit, we might have to agree to disagree. Though I do have to say I enjoy the posts back and forth (thanks for not getting too frustrated by these threads) as I feel I do learn a lot, even if it is by questioning every single thing!

question those sources or restrain from "teaching" with certainty based on assumptions if that was the case.

Not based on assumption, but rather fact. The sources are from one of the most advanced beings alive on earth, one of the few who agreed to be investigated by scientists and medical doctors.

• Like 1

And yes, the looping energy thing, that definitely makes sure neither partner are depleted, and enhances and strengthens the energy for/of both people.

On a side note, it also seems to prolong orgasm in both parties ;).

Good for building up a magic charge for the talisman, or rite, or whatever...

OK so I'm getting a bit off topic now.

Definitely prolongs the experience. Also, with advanced practioners there is no need for physical contact.

• Like 1

You saw John Chang walk through walls and fly? Sweet! Did you catch it on video?

Re: yin energy, imagine I defined aluminum/aluminium as being composed of unobtainium and then, every time someone mentioned an aluminum can, I insisted they were delusional....

Re: "spirits," it is kinda like chi -- until you have personal experience, you laugh at those who claim to have "seen ghosts" but after you've had personal experience, you laugh at those who claim they aren't real.

There's an old building in town that the recent out-of-town owners are renovating. They are searching for a third contractor now. The last contractor and his crew refused to even go back into the building to collect their tools. As far as we know, they knew nothing of the building's unpleasant history... ;)

Edited by Brian
  • Like 3

I guess it boils down to credibility.

If a teacher demonstrated god like abilities to scientists and medical doctors and had thousands of published studies, and no one on earth doubted his level of advancement.

If that teacher told you that virtually everyone else on earth was wrong, deciding to believe him or not is your call.

When two people have conflicting statements, I go for the person with the most evidence backing them.

That's just me though.

• Like 2

Hmmm, also, this makes me think about all the yin channels in my body and how I run energy along those (and the yang as well) in certain exercises.

This would be an interesting topic.

I also do certain circulations based on the meridians. I developed one to 'clear my legs' using the loop of Yin-upward to belt loop around back and then Yang-downward (back to same leg)... Once you get this with one leg, just split the vision and do both at the same time... this was much shorter than taking it through all the meridians up and down... and we're a very 'time' conscious age :D

• Like 2

Hmmm, this thread is getting a little... tense.... I recommend everyone go test out my dual cultivation yin/yang theories, with their s/o (or random stranger even), presented on page 1 before further posting ;).

Re: yin energy, imagine I defined aluminum/aluminium as being composed of unobtainium and then, every time someone mentioned an aluminum can, I insisted they were delusional....

It's more like this:

I say gold is a yellow metal, that is very rare, very dense, and very heavy.

All these people are holding up brass and saying look it's GOLD!!!!

I am saying no it's not gold because it lacks the density and volume that gold has.

You can weigh it, and see how much water it displaces and figure out if it is real gold or not.

Archimedes was said to have had a eureka moment over this.

Still these people are insisting NO ITS A YELLOW METAL THIS IS GOLD!

That's more akin to the situation.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 1

So what's a better name for it? If people have been calling brass gold for years and haven't had a name for gold, seems,the appropriate thing to do is come up with a fitting name for the precious metal rather than invent a new name for the amalgam and try to force everyone to change common usage.

Sounds like maybe John Chang had something in mind other than what is generally referred to as "yin" and "yang," perhaps?

Edited by Brian

This has been a very interesting topic. I generally agree with MPG's point about Yin and how this gets confusing with Chang's talking of Yin.

I think what some say is experiencing Yin is to experience Yin-ness; the relativity of the energy spectrum of Yin<--->Yang. Even a slight movement on the Yang side, towards Yin, is a feeling of Yin-ness.

I can think of many partner's work, in class and clinicals, where we send Yin(ness) vs Yang(ness)... The difference is discernable, but it is a relative sense too; meaning, you can discern it better when you try to compare it with another energy mix.

Through experience and experimentation, you find that different people feel it differently and some even see it differently (colors change to them). I won't get into whether they are truly seeing colors or think they are seeing colors... there is a change effected and discerned.

This brings me to the point that people clearly experience energy differently... I have been exposed to three different 'masters' and all three claim mostly from their way or lineage but they offer very different opinions at times. It reminds me of the argument about why do true masters not agree on the simple stuff: Like the color of the chakras, etc... I think it is mostly due to their own physical/energetic/chemical composition which are interacting with this non-tangible realm of energy and spirit.

I can only say that while I don't discount what others claim, I do not always believe it as gospel... but I accept that they believe it. And I accept that is it possible that their experience is wholly theirs and may not be mine (nor never mine to experience). I am following my path and my journey brings me to places where they have not journeyed either...

• Like 2

Hmmm, this thread is getting a little... tense.... I recommend everyone go test out my dual cultivation yin/yang theories, with their s/o (or random stranger even), presented on page 1 before further posting ;).

I have posted somewhere else, quite a bit ago, of doing that while flying... I saw the person next to me reading a book on energy and decided to start a conversation with her... found out that she was really interested in this thing called "Qi" and was just reading around.

I asked her if she wanted to experience something right there and then... she agreed... and I showed her how to feel her own energy and then to feel my energy (projected)

I was once asked to come teach the first class of Taiji at an acupuncture school... and I asked them what they thought of the Qigong class they just completed... they said it was disappointing as they learned lots of movements but did not have any 'feeling'. As this was an indoor-outdoor class (outdoor to learn movements), I said we would go find a very large tree when outside and I would show them how to feel it's energy... and then we partnered up for more energy sensing.

I think there is a lot to be learned by using partners.. and there is a time to go hug a tree :)

• Like 3

I have posted somewhere else, quite a bit ago, of doing that while flying... I saw the person next to me reading a book on energy and decided to start a conversation with her... found out that she was really interested in this thing called "Qi" and was just reading around.

I asked her if she wanted to experience something right there and then... she agreed... and I showed her how to feel her own energy and then to feel my energy (projected)

I was once asked to come teach the first class of Taiji at an acupuncture school... and I asked them what they thought of the Qigong class they just completed... they said it was disappointing as they learned lots of movements but did not have any 'feeling'. As this was an indoor-outdoor class (outdoor to learn movements), I said we would go find a very large tree when outside and I would show them how to feel it's energy... and then we partnered up for more energy sensing.

I think there is a lot to be learned by using partners.. and there is a time to go hug a tree :)

That was cool she was so open to such things :>.

I have found that with students.. if they are new or having trouble perceiving stuff, we can just connect energetically for a working, and then they can perceive and work fine... even after I make sure we are all disconnected later. Also I have noticed that folks just don't know what to look for sometimes.

Perhaps you gave the person on the plane the kickstart they needed.

It is similar with martial arts I have found, though not all teachers do it consciously, but there is definitely an energy exchange and help between teacher and student. Many teachers do it with the applications shown.

I guess it boils down to credibility.

If a teacher demonstrated god like abilities to scientists and medical doctors and had thousands of published studies, and no one on earth doubted his level of advancement.

If that teacher told you that virtually everyone else on earth was wrong, deciding to believe him or not is your call.

When two people have conflicting statements, I go for the person with the most evidence backing them.

That's just me though.

How about a guy who has helped thousands of people cure their cancer (this is how he sees it as opposed to just him doing it), yet also writing a few books which include topics such as how to work with spirits, and sometimes how to perceive and work with the weiqi fields? ;)

So what's a better name for it? If people have been calling brass gold for years and haven't had a name for gold, seems,the appropriate thing to do is come up with a fitting name for the precious metal rather than invent a new name for the amalgam and try to force everyone to change common usage.

Sounds like maybe John Chang had something in mind other than what is generally referred to as "yin" and "yang," perhaps?

As far I as can tell what people call yin is really just yang or some variation thereof.

Common usage is wrong, that's not Chang's fault, then again mo pai was never really intended for common usage.

• Like 1

How about a guy who has helped thousands of people cure their cancer (this is how he sees it as opposed to just him doing it), yet also writing a few books which include topics such as how to work with spirits, and sometimes how to perceive and work with the weiqi fields? ;)

I would say he is wrong without question. He might be correct insofar as his schools teach, but if he says that you can feel a yin chi in a normal state of awareness he's just wrong. What he is describing could not by definition be the same thing described in mo pai.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy