thelerner

Q's...ONLY Teachers may Answer.

Question to teachers, where to find powerful teacher? What are the different levels of teachers?

I am only a beginner and finding the right teacher is essential to future success.

Edited by Zetsu
  • Like 2

I've got a question:

My practice has a lot of static holds. I find that my shoulders have become very sore, making daily practice difficult. What should I do to counteract this? Should I rest and dismiss the idea of daily practice? Should I continue and hope that the practice will eventually tone up my shoulders to the point where the holds become easier?

Qigong teacher 

1- Practice Reverse Breathing everday 

2- meditation (lower dantian) morning and night at lease 1hr daily

2-taiji everday 30mints to one hour everday 

• Haha 1

What is the definition and criteria of a "teacher " for the purpose of this thread. ?

I know what teacher/student means . Im both a teacher and a student but feel more like a teacher than a student.  I don't want to barg in and start teaching until I learn the correct criteria for this thread. 

Thanks for reading !!

to me (I started the thread) the definition is a person who's had years of formal training in an art and has been teaching students for awhile, preferably a couple years.   In general there's no specific definition used, but its nice if a person is experienced and been teaching, rather then a less formal person speaking from opinion. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great,  thanks I guess i'm still a student . I've never done much study in the Te Ching or any formal teaching . I only have my life experience as my reference.  I have done extensive study in subject of polarity . Unity and duality, but that's about all . I may start a fresh topic called Unity/duality . It's not a way of life,  just observations of life and what we observe in life in our everyday life.  For some it will be like fingernails on a chalkboard and for others it will be blissful pleasant music to their ears.

The new topic will be a good place to start teaching for the first time. Then i'll be able to post as a teacher here some day .

Thanks for the kind reply 

On 7/20/2018 at 12:09 AM, Maybe said:

I've got a question:

My practice has a lot of static holds. I find that my shoulders have become very sore, making daily practice difficult. What should I do to counteract this? Should I rest and dismiss the idea of daily practice? Should I continue and hope that the practice will eventually tone up my shoulders to the point where the holds become easier?

Some suggestions/considerations:

Generally static holds take time to work up to because among other things such as the muscles getting acclimated - certain channels need to open up in order to support the holds and it may be that you have jumped ahead of your channels capacities. Start with increments that push the limits just a bit and allow time for them to become relatively easy and then move up a few minutes to another level. 

It can also be that you are not breathing deeply enough and or that you are supporting your "efforts" with too much effort and the adrenals are coming in to play. Most students do not breath deeply enough and as frequently as would be most beneficial.

It can also be exacerbated by timing - how soon after a meal as an example. Also obviously diet in general. 

The posture is obviously a concern but if we go past that and assume your posture is good, breathing OK and overall stance is correct - then where you hold your awareness is often also a simple factor and can easily effect several factors mentioned above. 

Are you breathing into your lower dan tien (LDT)?

Breathing and Awareness in this center is particularly helpful to general pain - blocked energies - overloads - and stress/strain. 

It is where the Mountain is owned - it is the root - the base - the foundation - all the limbs have their core strength in this. It is a place of neutrality and power and compassion.

If you find that awareness is somewhat difficult to simply have in the LDT - do not worry - but try to have it in the central axis. 

This axis is seen in the gross physical from the perineum to just slightly back of the top of the head - awareness anywhere along this axis is in touch with the root. I am not referring to the central back channel. 

Feel your breath as you are in your stance - feel it come in the nostrils - cool the bottom of the eyes balls - circulate near the ears - and pass down into the LDT. Be in the center of your head or in the central core of your middle dan tien - anywhere along the central axis - and find yourself dwelling more and more in the lower dan tien as you are in your stance. Do not pass judgement upon yourself if you float up or down on this axis - simply find yourself there and move down when it occurs to you - if this is difficult it does not matter - awareness in the central axis is a far greater asset.

Hand and foot massage prior to practice is extremely helpful - foot is very helpful and hand is generally completely overlooked. 

Energies that must move out of the hands may be held there and have repercussions elsewhere. Energies that are required in the side channels and elsewhere will require the feet to open up. Twist the toes and the fingers from side to side and press the tips where small chakrams can often use a boost to open them up. 

Bend all the fingers  back and open up the wrists.

In general the pain does go away - it will be replaced by a warm effortless sensation.

Perhaps this will be of some help

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 1