Aaron

Religion is the poison of Spirituality

Still talking huh? I am starting to think you may actually be incapable of not responding. I've given you nothing to even reply to in several posts now. :lol:

I am always accused of derailing and hijacking threads. But it seems you have an immunity, you may derail any thread as you wish

No language, no symbols....talk about god

" through your use of word games..."

What be is what be.

Amusing stuff, no?

:D

@GMP

"cum retreat resort" ... I think you may mean that literally.

Well that's what I was thinking. I was thinking of visiting the Vatican one of these days. Lots of very good food, apparently. Where I live, the divorcees just go to swingers clubs. Actually, so do the married people. But they're not very religious here.

Actually ... if you want to state what I stated you would had written : what be be what be

Actually, i had not wanted to state what you stated.

But thanks be to you anyway.

Edited by C T

Well that's what I was thinking. I was thinking of visiting the Vatican one of these days. Lots of very good food, apparently. Where I live, the divorcees just go to swingers clubs. Actually, so do the married people. But they're not very religious here.

Biscuits and wine I heard... at the Vatican not the Swingers Clubs.

... God's level is much more divine and fun...

LOL

A Buddhist correctly said: "Start knowing what you really know, and stop believing what you really don’t know. Somebody asks you. "Is there a God?" and you say, "Yes, God is." Remember: Do you really know? If you don’t know, please don’t say that you do. Say, "I don’t know.". . . False knowing is the enemy of true knowledge. All beliefs are false knowledge."

• Like 2

how does the spirit become poisoned?

Spirit,...the in-breath/out-breath of duality, does not become poison, but manifests circumstances for poison to be seen. Spirit's sole purpose is to show the way back to Source. Spirit is not part of Source, Spirit arose as a consequence of the illusion of separation from Source. No product of the illusion of the separation from Source (such as the 5 Aggregates) can enter Source.

I have already explained but let me do it again. I am under attack because of:

1- Prejudices of Western people about Islam. The 9/11 attacks, etc. can be given as example

2- There is a hidden thought of Crusaders in the minds of Western people. According to Western mind, the Crusaders and particularly Templar Knights were good people. In fact, they were blood thirsty warriors serving the negative side. Nobody mentions it but it is quite obvious many people attack me with Crusader spirit.

3- I am confronting many thoughts that have been memorized by people here.

It is Islam. You can find it in Holy Quran. Even a single letter of Holy Quran was not changed. And in the video that was given by Viator, the man says "Holy Bible was written by many writers in a rather long duration". He is right. Unfortunately, the original Holy Bible was changed by men.

This is also a shortcoming of modern Western women and men. Of course, God Almighty has created us with the energy of Love, no objection. However, this is a rather childish explanation of God and God's creation. Yes, God created us with Love. Period. What else? Which qualities of God is related with Human Beings? There is no answer? Only Love? The Western world is not aware of the 99 Beautiful Names of God. (http://en.wikipedia....of_God_in_Islam):

God wants us to know all these names and learn them and get the Nur, the light of these 99 energies within ourselves. So God can not be reduced to only one word as Love.

I don't think people are attacking you because you are muslim, or because of a repressed bigotry towards Islam, but rather how you address people. When you come at a man with a sword pointed at him, what does he do? If you come at a man with your hands open and your arms stretched out, what does he do? A man's spirituality can be easily seen by how he communicates with others.

Now with that said, the crusades were a bloody business, and I mean business. It wasn't about religion, but riches, yet in the same way we examine the crusades, we can look at many of the jihads and find the same thing, especially the early conquests of Spain. Even in recent history there were horrible practices, such as the devsirme, which still way heavily on the conscience of those whose ancestors suffered under it. We don't mention these things when we talk about Serbia and Bosnia, but the fact of the matter is that the majority of the hatred the Christians had towards Muslims was misplaced. It was a hatred handed down generation after generation, based on things that happened over two hundred years ago. The Christians remembered the oppression because their parents remembered it. The muslims in that area most likely felt this anger was misplaced, that it was strictly racism that was occurring. After all the Ottomans believed they were doing the Christian boy's that they took a service by castrating them and forcing them into the service of the Empire, they believed it was much better for the boys to be converted and have the potential to become high ranking officials in the government, rather than live as peasants in darkness outside of Islam, however the loss of one's child is never easily forgotten and as for the loss of hundreds of thousands of children, well that's not easy to forget, even after a few centuries. None of that is an excuse for the atrocities that are happening or have happened in modern times, however without remembering the past, tracing the hatred back, we will never find a way to quell it.

Out of respect for Islam and it's precepts, I wont dishonor the religion, but what I will say is that I was told by an imam that according to Islamic law there was nothing wrong with the Devsirme, in fact there was nothing wrong with slavery at all. However I wonder if we look at the pain and suffering caused by it, if we can still honestly say there was nothing wrong?

When I say religion is the poison of Spirituality, I'm not saying Mohammed was, or Christ, or Buddha, but the leaders who came after who used it as means of control over the people were the poison. The words of the prophets are misused, even today.

As for Muslim holy men, Rumi is a favorite of mine. I think his views on the notions of love and compassion, of insight into the self, were profound and beautiful. The fact is every religion has a beautiful side, but it also has an ugly side, it's only when we address it and call it out that we can put it down, much like a rabid dog. It's only when we see the past clearly, understand the wrong done and do something to make it right, to let others know that we are sorry for what was done in the name of religion, that there is the possibility of removing the poison that lives within it today.

Just so I'm perfectly clear, I'm not saying religion is evil, I'm saying people use religion for evil purposes.

Aaron

Edited by Aaron
  • Like 1

When I say religion is the poison of Spirituality, I'm not saying Mohammed was, or Christ, or Buddha, but the leaders who came after who used it as means of control over the people were the poison. The words of the prophets are misused, even today.

Aaron

Okay. That has been reclarified.

But you should leave those dogs alone.

There is a human instinct tending towards religion.

Another instinct in some humans tends towards exploitation.

Happy bedfellows those two instincts.

Clerics all would be out of work were it otherwise.

Okay. That has been reclarified.

But you should leave those dogs alone.

Thanks for the advice, but I'd rather just do what I know in my heart is the right thing to do. If a dog is dangerous, then who am I to let it wander around harming innocent people?

Aaron

Edited by Aaron