Aaron

Religion is the poison of Spirituality

we could sure use a thomas paine and thomas jefferson now,

these fine gentlemen usually show up on the other threads tho and not in turkish bath houses.

Yeah history is so full of crap in my opinion, every country usually talks about how great they are and how they were so dominant, often they exclude or talk bad about certain ethnic groups or religions eg china tibet, india pakistan, england empire,

One mans greatest warrior is another person most brutal warlord...

What is so magnificent about war? Only an idiot would be proud of such things?

Oh look at me I beat up 5 people today, me so cool

• Like 1

Not to derail the thread but I was in a Turkish Bath house in Istanbul once a 'hamam'.

The massive massage guy doing the business put me into positions I never knew possible, sorted out my bad back a treat it did and cost about one pound (two dollars back then).

Yeah history is so full of crap in my opinion, every country usually talks about how great they are and how they were so dominant, often they exclude or talk bad about certain ethnic groups or religions eg china tibet, india pakistan, england empire,

One mans greatest warrior is another person most brutal warlord...

What is so magnificent about war? Only an idiot would be proud of such things?

Oh look at me I beat up 5 people today, me so cool

You beat up five people today?

Respect bro!

Get round to that dojo in Stockwell I told ya about they are always on the lookout for handy lads.

Well you could factor out spirituality then and simply say that some people do nasty things to others and use religion as an excuse for doing so.

Maybe we need to define spirituality.

My take on it kinda excludes being nasty to others.

a thread to define spirituality will probably be 50 pages , 10,000 views , and 650 replies but will it get us closer to spirituality?

but i agree with what marblehead redlined

Edited by zerostao

everyone always has a reason for doing as they do, no matter how much of their past it took to create that reason, no matter how much flawed thinking and remembering went into their reason, no matter how much outside manipulation and deception goes into it, EVERY deed, good, bad, beautiful, and ugly, has a reason.

God or Devil, Angel or Demon, Good or Evil, Right or Wrong, these re opinions and cannot place true weight on the actions of another person, no matter how (mis)understood.

• Like 1

I nursed in what were then termed special hospitals for the criminally insane Broadmoor, Rampton and Moss Side and a unit (since closed) up on the moors above Ramsbottom that did not officially exist at the time cos it housed inmates who, had Joe Public known where to find them there would have been a vengeful mob at the gates every day.

Interesting work and you never ever turned your back on a patient.

Very few of them could give a coherent reason for the actions that brought them under our care but amongst those who did 'The Devil told me to do it'

. Or

'an evil spirit made me ' were popular closely followed by 'the voices...'.

Reasoning that true and genuine truth cannot be delivered by the physical senses alone, knowing the difference between God and the Devil are rendered little more than opinion based on other opinions. It is all hearsay until first hand experience allows for testimony.

My first hand experience was delivered at 3 or 4 years old when my Grandfather Died of a Heart Attack and i saw him off. I witnessed his departure from the physical body, assisted by two bright and shining spirits who shone so bright it wasblinding except for the fact that none of the light escaped their bodies or illuminated anything around them.

I was born taught that everyoen KNOWS the TRUTH between right and wrong in their HEARTS. I tend to look there for answers, and find more confirmation than contest later on to support the heart.

As a HUMAN BEING, I can never know true God or true Devil until i transcend my Human Body and become spiritual incarnate. But i do not suspect my words will change widely then either; to know truly is to experience first hand.

You can never cast a stone that has never struck you! You cannot call evil that you do not KNOW evil; you cannot distinguish that which you have not contributed and/or experienced directly.

You cannot be a victim and know a criminal; ONLY another victim! You cannot be a criminal and know a victim! Only another criminal!

You cannot be only good and know anything about evil. So how can you judge what you have not been?

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

edited:

The right way to judge is to limit your judgments to the things you yourself have done and do so withotu comparing to other things that you have done or that the otehr person has or has not done...

Edited by Hot Nirvana Judo Trend
  • Like 1

You could usually tell the baddies from the goodies in the old cowboy movies.

The baddies wore black hats and smoked or else they were Indians.

The goodies tended towards white hat wearing , won in the end and always got the girl.

Things were much simpler back in the old days.

Regardless of who said to do it, or *"WHY"* you did it, no one but YOU are to blame for the actions you willingly undertake.

There is NO SUCH THING as "just doing my job" or "the devil made me do it". Those are nothing but sorry ass cop out, pitiful excuses for trying to shed personal responsibility for the actions you take.

YOU did the deed, that is no one's fault but your own.

• Like 1

I know a retired dentist Kibbutznik from Kfar Blum who says much the same things.

Is that you Stephen?

Tell me to tomorrow, I'm off to bed.

Night all.

I suppose you and I have very differing opinions here, et...

I do believe that there is an ultimate authority which is the being of all truth(s), and furthermore that we are all this being, but are behind an illusory separation from this divine self. Until our illusions are lifted, and/or we are reunited with the whleness of the untimate authority, we cannot truly possess knowing of true truths, only the elements of our physical senses.

WE CAN know what our senses tell us, literally, but we CANNOT know what our senses were truly derrived from, except in comparison to those senses themselves, whioch is in and of itself dilusional.

Religion cannot tell us what s true and false, nor can it tell us what is right and wrong, good or evil, or how to distinguish "God" from "Devil".

In my spiritual beliefs and practices, I've done away with "versus". Duality is not much good for anythign except descriptive writing :D

God versus Devil? NO! Balance and Harmony of Tao! Black will look white when viewed from a darker blackness... God will look like the devil from the view of greater good than god.

Again, wordplay and no essence, as "greater than god" is a verbal fallacy in contrast to teh concept that god is the greatest good. "est" a finalization, does not exist except in transition in the contrast o eternity and infinite.

If god is infinite good, then god is never stationary, always moving, always becoming "more good", and that means that god must make progress, which suggests that there is more than god, which is verally contradictive to "god is the greatest".

So obviously ,i am to throw all of that away and not tie knots in my mind with the silliness of duality.

• Like 1