tulku

If the Universe gives you the power & authority to destroy this old world so that a new, better world can be reborn..

20 members have voted

1. 1. Will you destroy this old world and give birth to a new better world?

• Yes
    • No

If the Universe gives you the power & authority to destroy this old world so that a new, better world can be reborn..

do you have the courage to destroy this old world?

If you have the power to transform the whole of humanity into a race of Enlightened Immortal Gods .. but first of all.. you have to destroy the world and humanity as we know it...

will you destroy this old world?

Edited by tulku

If you have the power to transform the whole of humanity into a race of Enlightened Immortal Gods

No one has this power, for more than one reason.

Who knows what powers each person possess?

Do you know, for sure, what powers the Lord Buddha or Jesus Christ had or didn't have?

Anyway, the focus of this thread is not on the powers of any specific individual.

Rather, the focus is on what do you do if you indeed possess the power to destroy this world so that a new better world can be reborn..

Edited by tulku

Rather, the focus is on what do you do if you indeed possess the power to destroy this world so that a new better world can be reborn..

Only parts of it, at the right times. Not the whole thing, at the wrong time.

So: hell no.

• Like 3

If you have the power to transform the whole of humanity into a race of Enlightened Immortal Gods .. but first of all.. you have to destroy the world and humanity as we know it...

I think you haven't learned from your past mistakes, simply because you don't see them as mistakes. If you continue down the same path you walked before, don't expect to reach a different destination.

Aaron

I think it takes real courage to take this old world and make it new, rather than wave away all the problems. All things return in time, but resolution leads to liberation.

I think you haven't learned from your past mistakes, simply because you don't see them as mistakes. If you continue down the same path you walked before, don't expect to reach a different destination.

Aaron

oh i have learned from my past mistakes but i don't think you have learned from yours..

this is why i am now walking a different path..

the path i am walking on now will finish at the end of this year, one way or another..

Edited by tulku

I voted no.

I suspect these many struggles and challenges exist for a reason. And if your here on Earth your here for a reason. Instead of playing with fantasies of becoming a God I think it's best to be humble for the blessings that come into your life.

That said, I love playing God of War 3 on my PS3 and wiping out the Gods of Olympus!!!

Edited by Cameron
  • Like 2

Maybe not the whole world but people like Chairman Mao did a pretty good job of destroying parts of it to try to rebuild it, there were many other individuals with the power to destroy civilisations like Ceasar and Ghenghis Khan. If you study history this process of destruction seems to happen anyway, there have been many great civilisations which get pretty much eradicated over time so it seems to be a natural process, hopefully the collapse of our current world will be less violent but I wouldn't like to be the one responsible for it.

oh i have learned from my past mistakes but i don't think you have learned from yours..

this is why i am now walking a different path..

the path i am walking on now will finish at the end of this year, one way or another..

Yeah, yeah, yeah... same song, not even a different dance. The really funny thing is that you have a teaspoon of knowledge and think it's a gallon. You might want to consider actually talking to someone who knows about this stuff, rather than believe the little bit that you've learned in your short young life can equate to wisdom. At least wait to proclaim your greatness til you're out of your teens.

Aaron

One problem with the question is the assumption of the second part.

If you can build a new better world, maybe you should roll up your sleeves and work on this one. If you can't make this one better, no sense throwing a temper tantrum and killing everyone on this planet and all the others.

Thats raises a point too, instead of saying destroy, why not use the word murder? If you would murder everyone you know face to face on this earth, then go on to murder face to face all the people you don't know. Just kill'em off one by one, there lives are worth less then nothing to you. If you can do that, do you really have the soul and compassion to create a better world? Doubtful, very doubtful. Maybe the real use of question is a litmus test.

• Like 3

The "power to transform the whole of humanity into a race of Enlightened Immortal Gods" lies in the hard, selfless, un-gratifying work of doing evolution. There are no short cuts, and if there were, it would render the entire experience pointless and without merit.

It's silly to fantasize about global awakening to a future messianic era when you are unwilling to do the work. How much more so if we are secretly unwilling to abandon the "old world" within ourselves.

The war outside manifests from a war within.

-jd

Anything claiming to bestow that power and authority on anyone has gotta be having a laugh and is looking for a sucker/dupe for its own nefarious ends.

• Like 1

I would destroy it, and then recreate it with everyone in it exactly as they were before, with all their fascinating good points and flaws and all the potential for growth and change that offers.

I WOULD, however, remove all mosquitoes, deer flies and other nasty, biting insects. :lol:

Vote Enishi for Omnipotent World Destroying Buddha. Vote for a better future, TODAY!!

Edited by Enishi
  • Like 4

i'm afraid its pure conjecture, so really this thread isn't about anything to do with actually creating a better world, its about the ego mechanations of tulku.

i'm with joeblast, its a preposterous question. It takes time and energy to think about but accomplishes nothing, except gives tulku either the idea that "yes people agree with me!" or "no they don't agree with me!" which really just revolves around tulku, and not on the reality of actually making the world better.

I would destroy it, and then recreate it with everyone in it exactly as they were before, with all their fascinating good points and flaws and all the potential for growth and change that offers.

I WOULD, however, remove all mosquitoes, deer flies and other nasty, biting insects. :lol:

Vote Enishi for Omnipotent World Destroying Buddha. Vote for a better future, TODAY!!

+1 for Origniality.

Oh, no! Now you may have earned re-birth as one of those critters, lol!

Yes, the world I think i hold in my mind. That one can joyfully f5ck off.

Actual world? I've heard this before and it generally doesn't turn out very well.

(Re)creation is divinity. So yes. I'd recreate much of what is already here, of course ;)

But...

This "power" is just "time"... it's happening inbetween every moment where the nothingness dwells; between each moment.

One problem with the question is the assumption of the second part.

If you can build a new better world, maybe you should roll up your sleeves and work on this one. If you can't make this one better, no sense throwing a temper tantrum and killing everyone on this planet and all the others.

Thats raises a point too, instead of saying destroy, why not use the word murder? If you would murder everyone you know face to face on this earth, then go on to murder face to face all the people you don't know. Just kill'em off one by one, there lives are worth less then nothing to you. If you can do that, do you really have the soul and compassion to create a better world? Doubtful, very doubtful. Maybe the real use of question is a litmus test.

Destruction is different from Murder.

Destruction goes hand in hand with Rebirth.

But Murder means complete perpetual annihilation.

There IS a Difference.