FixXxer1846

My first full lotus experiences

One time Chunyi Lin also said that the reason we were in the class with him was because of past karmic connections -- which I assume meant past lives.

I think that karmic connections can be generated by both where a soul has been and where it is going. The latter being related to the whole notion of intention and manifestation.

• Like 1

Chunyi Lin told our class that he can read past lives but he rarely tells a person their past lives unless it is necessary to heal the person. Then he said how this lady was afraid of knives because in her past life she had been stabbed to death. So that was a case where he told the person. One time Chunyi Lin also said that the reason we were in the class with him was because of past karmic connections -- which I assume meant past lives. Chunyi Lin also said that he is focused on helping us have a better life next time round and that he's serious about this! Because when he said that I smiled because it was difficult for me to take the reincarnation/past life thing seriously -- I mean considering the huge human population now and -- I don't know. I mean I've read about how ghosts -- when we die - then our spirit can get stuck in a rock and so that's our new life to be a rock. haha. But it seems like if it happens we won't know it happens since we'll have rock consciousenss. Chunyi Lin also hinted at this when he said there's no center to the universe and we all will continually be reborn into new types of lives, continually cycling through all the different types of lives.

Interesting how much sense Chunyi makes on this topic. So maybe's he's also right on the full lotus' effectiveness. ;)

Now I'm even more interested in getting his take on my past lives (to compare with other sources). I remember reading John Chang's take on life after death (how about before death I always ask?) and that was so incredibly primitive I immediately became sceptical about much of the claims. Basic "superpowers", okay, that's demonstrated, but still don't believe much of those battles described in Kosta's first book. Not a word.

I've studied reincarnation for a couple of months, watching all docu's on it, reading all books, comparing it and writing a point-for-point summary on it (which used to be online, briefly). And then compared it with reports on Near Death Experiences. The thing is... it all overlaps and it answered pretty much every (sceptical) question I had related to:

• how souls are created as small pieces of individual, unique consciousness from "the source"
  • the numerous places where souls can be "detailed" to (you can have a population of 50 billion without souls running out... in contrast to natural resources)
  • how part of the soul stays in the in-between-state and can even lead more than one life at the same time on earth
  • before birth, the in-between-state
  • life planning (with soulmates and soulgroups), alternatives and putting karmic relationships in place (to learn, experience and/or balance things out)
  • how and when a soul attaches to a fetus and interacts with the human host/ego (nice for the abortion question)
  • different life paths
  • soulmates and soul groups
  • emotional adversary
  • suicide (when it's okay, when not and the ramifications)
  • death and the holographic life review
  • what ghosts are and how they perceive time
  • back to the in-between-state (pure love)
  • how souls learn to create physical life (planets, animals, etc.) from the other side and/or manipulate natural evolution
  • how a soul will ultimately go back to the source

Different ways to study reincarnation:

• Basic Ian Stevenson approach: find children who talk about their most recent past life and find the old house, town, family and other details. Some docu's on this also... only rational conclusion: we come back.
  • Brian Weiss: past life regression (can be used to find out the old life also... docu's on that).
  • Michael Newton: deeper trance than Weiss and others, which takes 5 hour sessions. Goes to in-between-state. Has a sample of 5000 people or so. Really incredible. True or not, it makes so much sense to me it's crazy. It's how I look at the world, relationship and everything else these days. My "religion".
  • Read up on NDE's and the holographic life review. More sciebnce studies on that. Overlaps completely with reincarnation.
  • Learn conscious out of body experiences. Eventually you can go and find out about your past lives. Probably related to what Chunyi can do.
  • I dunno, maybe DMT helps a bit (can you program your mind before the trip, like with dreams?)... never used it (yet).
  • Remember there's a ton of scam artists out there. You need personal experience or verification from different sources. But only personal experience/remembering is healing.

Anyway, this was for people who are interested in studying reincarnation themselves. As for me, I'll definitely be asking Chunyi some day on my past lives.

Update: Ow, seemingly earth is a harsh planet to incarnate to, not suited for many souls, since here we experience both severe physical and emotional pain. Many souls also need serious breaks in between their incarnations and sometimes don't want to come back at all. In most other places it's less severe, you experience one of the two, or none at all (as in the in-between-state, which is pure love, the energy of the source).

Edited by FixXxer1845
  • Like 1

I really, really wish I could have full unwavering faith in reincarnation/life after death. It'd make living much easier.

What's holding you back?

What do you mean?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LzlXNfEGRs

This show is a must-view - "I Survived...Beyond and Back" -- I just saw two new episodes tonight....

Wow two new episodes of "I Survived...Beyond and Back" were on cable tonight. That show is AWESOME. So one dude WENT TO HELL -- the gates of hell. When he came back to life - -he completely changed from his perv pimp lifestyle! He became a faithful husband and he called his grandma and wailed on the phone that he was ready.... ready to be SAVED. haha.

Amazing. Another woman - 20 years old -- she flies into heaven and mets her alcoholic dead uncle!! He says she can go back but it will be really painful. Then she recovers from traumatic brain injury -- having to learn to speak again and everything and she gets her college degree!!!

Wow another man said he met MOSES and then "I AM" was touching his shoulder but Moses said - "you can't look at I AM." Then Moses said how humans were no longer following the commandments of God and so this person had to help to change that when he returned back to life.

Another person committed suicide but his grandmother comforted him on the other side and said it wasn't his time yet to go to God.

http://naturalresonancerevolution.blogspot.com/2010/12/i-survived-beyond-and-back-flat-lined.html

I blogged on it -- so more episodes of I Survived Beyond and Back are available through my link

Edited by fulllotus

A few different approaches here. I guess mileage varies because different people may have different bottlenecks. I guess the key is to find out which you have and then customize your approach accordingly...

For me, my SHO is not open yet, so I do need to rely upon physical stretching to get to full lotus. In addition, physically opening my kua would allow me to assume that pose spontaneously at any time and the increased flexibility also aids me in any daily activities without preparation.

For a long time, I've been wondering exactly why full lotus might be the "ideal" pose in Eastern meditation? I've heard a number of explanations, but I had another "inspired" idea this morning - that the slight strain induced from the bending/flexing of our large leg bones/joints in this pretzel position create a piezoelectric effect and the grounding of our sitz bones allow an infrasonic resonance with the Earth. It's like stringing a bow (or musical instrument) and then staking it into the ground.

A few different approaches here. I guess mileage varies because different people may have different bottlenecks. I guess the key is to find out which you have and then customize your approach accordingly...

For me, my SHO is not open yet, so I do need to rely upon physical stretching to get to full lotus. In addition, physically opening my kua would allow me to assume that pose spontaneously at any time and the increased flexibility also aids me in any daily activities without preparation.

For a long time, I've been wondering exactly why full lotus might be the "ideal" pose in Eastern meditation? I've heard a number of explanations, but I had another "inspired" idea this morning - that the slight strain induced from the bending/flexing of our large leg bones/joints in this pretzel position create a piezoelectric effect and the grounding of our sitz bones allow an infrasonic resonance with the Earth. It's like stringing a bow (or musical instrument) and then staking it into the ground.

I'm in the same boat as you except that I'm quite a bit younger and thus can push myself a little harder. I'm mainly focusing on stretching my hip flexors and glutes, it's making quite a difference for me. Every day the full lotus becomes more and more comfortable.

Yeah in my book I go into this -- my theory is ultrasound through piezoelectric pressure -- http://www.filejumbo.com/Download/E87E698A59E79E6F Someone PM'd me saying they were block to the url - - and that happened before to me when I had a different antivirus software -- so otherwise you need adobe or a free file zip decompressor - "Justzipit" works great as free download to read zip files.

O.k. so when you hear that high pitch sound activating the kidney energy -- actually it resonates up into ultrasound and there's sonofusion and sonoluminescence. From studying "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" again it's stated clearly that it's the LIGHT from the heart -- the spirit that converts the generative fluid/force into chi electromagnetic energy. So as "Taoist Yoga" states if the small universe is too complicated -- then just make sure to focus the mind/light below the water/lower tan tien. Then this will create the fire.

So I just did another hour full lotus and got the nice tummo fire bliss going -- it's the beginning sign of making the chi electromagnetic energy.

Anyway the full lotus is a tetrahedron so you get the simplest three dimensional form that resonates as complementary opposites -- 2:3 is yin and 3:4 is yang -- so a tetrahedron is made up of four equilateral triangles and an equilateral triangle is made up of two 2:3:4 triangles. Only in the West the equilateral has to be irrational while in the East -- this is infinite sacred geometry natural resonance -- it "collapses" due to the complementary opposite resonance. Master Zhang calls this Pyramid Power meditation -- the full lotus http://qigongmaster.com

Anyway back to meditation.

• Like 1

I'm in the same boat as you except that I'm quite a bit younger and thus can push myself a little harder. I'm mainly focusing on stretching my hip flexors and glutes, it's making quite a difference for me. Every day the full lotus becomes more and more comfortable.

The stretches worked great the first couple of days for me. But this recent week I haven't noticed any improved flexibility. Did notice that my right hip is tighter than the left. There's are also a bunch of painful knots, so I guess I've got a bunch of trigger points in those places. Have been giving them (very) hard massages to get them out. Will need to wait if it works.

Did notice my typical right-leg spasms again. I always have them with heavy energy movement. Had them in the beginning with massaging every point along the front Ren channel and also when I began my tan tien breathing combined with Zhan Zhang. They always go away for me after a while, but I guess I'm also rubbing out some energetic knots in my right hip - always good.

Did feel pressure in my heart just stretching, rubbing out these spots on my right hip. So now I'm starting to doubt if that effect wasn't just from strething out one or more meridians going through the muscles in the leg. Could well be.

Ow well, I just went back to practicing ZZ combined with tan tien breathing while waiting to go asleep. Works like a charm and in contrast to regular meditation - even in full lotus - I can do it much longer and in great comfort. You see, I'm one of the few Taobummers who HATES to do meditation. I just have to it.

Will keep working on my lotus flexibility though. Love to be able to get into lotus without even using my arms, like Eddie Bravo in the video.

I just wanted to add two things to the whole flexibility/stretching issue:

1. Yes, in my experience the microcosmic orbit/small universe meditation definitely does help to get into full lotus and stay in it for a longer period of time.

2. Concerning the stretches. I've had it happen to me a few times now that, during very intense meditaion sessions, my body was beginning to stretch on its own (and then got back into full lotus more or less automatically. So it seems like my body actually wants to go into full lotus). So the stretches that I've been doing during those "automatic stretching sessions" were the one that Eddi Bravo practices at the very beginning of the video. One stretch that is similar to the tortoise pose: basically trying to get the upper body as close to the ground as possible, while leaning forward and staying in full lotus. And then also the "opposite" version of that stretch: Lying on your back and trying to get the legs as low as possible, while still maintaining full lotus.

So, I'm not really sure what to make of this just yet, but seeing that I never did any of those stretches before in my life, I would assume that they are exactly the stretches I need to stay in full lotus for a longer period of time. So those stretches might be helpful to you people as well.

I will definitely try to incorporate those stretches into my routine more often and see whether they do anything for me.

@Taomeow: That gender/polarity specifity you mentioned is very interesting. So am I correct to assume that the same thing also applies to sitting in the normal cross-legged position, that one way to sit corresponds to yin and the other to yang? And if so, which position corresponds to which polarity?

@FixXxer1845: That whole past lives business you mentioned is also highly interesting. Any documentations you can recommend, that you found especially informative/insightful/helpful?

Edited by madMUHHH

I just wanted to add two things to the whole flexibility/stretching issue:

1. Yes, in my experience the microcosmic orbit/small universe meditation definitely does help to get into full lotus and stay in it for a longer period of time.

2. Concerning the stretches. I've had it happen to me a few times now that, during very intense meditaion sessions, my body was beginning to stretch on its own (and then got back into full lotus more or less automatically. So it seems like my body actually wants to go into full lotus). So the stretches that I've been doing during those "automatic stretching sessions" were the one that Eddi Bravo practices at the very beginning of the video. One stretch that is similar to the tortoise pose: basically trying to get the upper body as close to the ground as possible, while leaning forward and staying in full lotus. And then also the "opposite" version of that stretch: Lying on your back and trying to get the legs as low as possible, while still maintaining full lotus.

So, I'm not really sure what to make of this just yet, but seeing that I never did any of those stretches before in my life, I would assume that they are exactly the stretches I need to stay in full lotus for a longer period of time. So those stretches might be helpful to you people as well.

I will definitely try to incorporate those stretches into my routine more often and see whether they do anything for me.

@Taomeow: That gender/polarity specifity you mentioned is very interesting. So am I correct to assume that the same thing also applies to sitting in the normal cross-legged position, that one way to sit corresponds to yin and the other to yang? And if so, which position corresponds to which polarity?

@FixXxer1845: That whole past lives business you mentioned is also highly interesting. Any documentations you can recommend, that you found especially informative/insightful/helpful?

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=1792

Wow Kostas doesn't even sit in full lotus because of "creaky knees".....

Great to hear your take on flexibility. As for docu's, nothing special. I just found four or five on Google Video (whcih often has longer videos, which have been broken down into various parts in Youtube) and Youtube. I want many more, but that's the way it is.

(believe I loved this one)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpaCY_aSK5Y (same)

(love the accent in this one)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QDT58Q6Zxo

(not seen yet)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZTtU7akrfQ

(among those I haven't seen yet)

(Ian Stevenson speech I haven't seen yet)

(not seen yet)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR-F5ZrT6mA (seen, don't remember if its good)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZvAXMuJ1GM&feature=related (Weiss)

As for the rest, read the books of Ian Stevensen (and his colleages), Brian Weiss, Michael Newton (the most in depth) and stuff on NDE's (I gathered a bunch of scientific articles on it from some databases, but there's enough on it in books. Sorry, nothing else I can say. But it should keep you busy for a couple of months.

Edited by FixXxer1845

Great to hear your take on flexibility. As for docu's, nothing special. I just found four or five on Google Video (whcih often has longer videos, which have been broken down into various parts in Youtube) and Youtube. I want many more, but that's the way it is.

(believe I loved this one)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpaCY_aSK5Y (same)

(love the accent in this one)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QDT58Q6Zxo

(not seen yet)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZTtU7akrfQ

(among those I haven't seen yet)

(Ian Stevenson speech I haven't seen yet)

(not seen yet)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR-F5ZrT6mA (seen, don't remember if its good)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZvAXMuJ1GM&feature=related (Weiss)

As for the rest, read the books of Ian Stevensen (and his colleages), Brian Weiss, Michael Newton (the most in depth) and stuff on NDE's (I gathered a bunch of scientific articles on it from some databases, but there's enough on it in books. Sorry, nothing else I can say. But it should keep you busy for a couple of months.

http://fulllotusqigong.blogspot.com/2011/12/nirvikalpa-samadhi-and-mind-yoga-death.html

Nirvikalpa Samadhi and mind yoga -- the death experience. It's just not good enough is it. haha.

On multiple yang physical spirits and holographic awareness and full lotus cave meditation and the golden aura.

Just wanted to say, this thread has been a good inspiration for me. :)

I'm trying to spend more time now in full lotus, even though I currently have trouble going beyond 15 minutes without the pain/discomfort interfering with my focus.

Edited by Enishi

I'm trying to spend more time now in full lotus, even though I currently have trouble going beyond 15 minutes without the pain/discomfort interfering with my focus.

Good luck dude

Take it easy, you only get one pair of knees.

• Like 2

Just stick with it.. I was in your situation about two years ago, then a year ago I was able to sit comfortably for half an hour, now an hour is no problem.

I used to feel some pain in the knees in the beginning but it soon started to feel more in the thighs, bottom and lower back as they began to adjust. I don't seem to have damaged my knees at all in this process. Keep at it, it's a great way to sit! :D

• Like 1

Glad to see you back, Sonhoffman. :D

Thanks Rainbow! Glad to bum around, this time I was not born a King but a humble Sonhoffman :)

• Like 1

This is a really good stretch and she has a perfect full lotus - I envy her, motivation to achieve.

• Like 2

This is a really good stretch and she has a perfect full lotus - I envy her, motivation to achieve.

Her knee is off the ground! haha. Perfect. Sure she's got the feet facing up -- which is something to envy. But then Master Zhang doesn't have his feet facing up.

http://www.qigongmaster.com/images/zhang/Zhang-Clipart-03.png

http://www.qigongmaster.com/inc/galleryimages/3/MZ09.jpg

I don't know -- is his one knee also slightly off the ground?

http://www.qigongmaster.com/inc/galleryimages/3/MZ18.jpg

Not in this shot. haha.

http://www.qigongmaster.com/inc/galleryimages/3/MZ22.jpg

Edited by fulllotus