FixXxer1846

My first full lotus experiences

I'm the most flexible person I know, much more flexible than all the women in my family (women are notorious for being much more flexible than us men) and yet I still have trouble getting in the full lotus and even more trouble staying in it. I stretch 3x a week with a special emphasis on my hip flexors/groin/hip area, it's incredible really.

What can I say? If you can't get your ankles onto your mid-thighs, your feet will slide off.

Here is a post I made about what helped me get into a more full lotus:

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/4549-full-lotus/page__view__findpost__p__214815

Edited by Creation

hm. Good post I like it. I agree, full lotus makes me feel better when I'm feeling down, and I don't even have to be meditating.

What about siddhasana and headstand? My friend says these are probably even better for meditation, though I'm not sure if he was also emphasizing "as a qigong" like you guys would prefer.

What about siddhasana and headstand? My friend says these are probably even better for meditation, though I'm not sure if he was also emphasizing "as a qigong" like you guys would prefer.

Ha... I was messing around with homeopathy a couple of years back. Caused dramatic problems. All of a sudden my hair began to fall out like crazy. The thing that finally stopped it were neck bridges/rolling over the top of my head with my full weight.

Hurt like hell the first couple of times. Was crying from the pain. Then... no more hairfall. Probably some blockage of the orbit there, because after I stood up from the headstand the first time I started sneezing and my nose itched.

Basically a superpowered acupressure session.

I just now realized that SFQ appears to be headquartered out of Eden Prairie, MN. I used to live in the Twin Cities! Maybe I can stop by to check it out next time I'm visiting my folks in MN.

If only such opportunities were available in Houston. There is that Shaolin Temple, but I expect there's going to be some heavy Buddhism coming with any training from there, and I just don't think Buddhism is my bag of tea.

Well to be honest the "phone healings" from Chunyi Lin are just as effective as taking a class -- if not more so! Chunyi Lin says that on the phone there's less hang ups about superficial blockages and the energy over the phone feels like a laser insider your body! It's awesome.

O.K. but Master Zhang teaches in Texas -- I know it's a huge state -- but http://www.qigongmaster.com/events/index.php Fort Worth, Dallas, Rowlett, Denton....anyway.

I think that Chunyi Lin studied with Master Zhang -- he mentions him by name and also the same name of the mountain that Master Zhang teaches at and also Master Zhang does the long cave full lotus fasting -- which is what Chunyi Lin did for seven weeks nonstop in the cave on the mountain where Master Zhang teaches.

Well to be honest the "phone healings" from Chunyi Lin are just as effective as taking a class -- if not more so! Chunyi Lin says that on the phone there's less hang ups about superficial blockages and the energy over the phone feels like a laser insider your body! It's awesome.

O.K. but Master Zhang teaches in Texas -- I know it's a huge state -- but http://www.qigongmaster.com/events/index.php Fort Worth, Dallas, Rowlett, Denton....anyway.

I think that Chunyi Lin studied with Master Zhang -- he mentions him by name and also the same name of the mountain that Master Zhang teaches at and also Master Zhang does the long cave full lotus fasting -- which is what Chunyi Lin did for seven weeks nonstop in the cave on the mountain where Master Zhang teaches.

I talked about this in the topic where an interview with Chunyi Lin is posted. I didn't feel much of anything during two phone healing sessions - but twice I got a little nauseated so that's why I'm pretty sure something happened. Still, didn't change anything for me. Had to do a ton of acupressurre and ZZ to improve my health. Still gonna do another session one day and have him give an opinion about my body. Also interested in his supposed ability to see past lives, which you mentioned, Drew. Chunyi was pretty surprised when I asked him about it. I remember he didn't confirm or deny it... had to call him on a later point for those kind of questions. But I never did.

Btw, can't you just ask Chunyi with whom he studied? You seem to know him to some extent.

Also, I heard Chunyi's wife got cancer. Do you know how all that went. Hope she's doing well, but that got me really worried. How is that possible when she's living with someone as Chunyi?

Edited by FixXxer1845
  • Like 1

I talked about this in the topic where an interview with Chunyi Lin is posted. I didn't feel much of anything during two phone healing sessions - but twice I got a little nauseated so that's why I'm pretty sure something happened. Still, didn't change anything for me. Had to do a ton of acupressurre and ZZ to improve my health. Still gonna do another session one day and have him give an opinion about my body. Also interested in his supposed ability to see past lives, which you mentioned, Drew. Chunyi was pretty surprised when I asked him about it. I remember he didn't confirm or deny it... had to call him on a later point for those kind of questions. But I never did.

Btw, can't you just ask Chunyi with whom he studied? You seem to know him to some extent.

Also, I heard Chunyi's wife got cancer. Do you know how all that went. Hope she's doing well, but that got me really worried. How is that possible when she's living with someone as Chunyi?

Yeah Chunyi Lin has listed on the learning strategies bio that he studied with Master Yao, Master Zhang and others that he can't name. But Chunyi Lin was first healed by Yan Xin and then Chunyi Lin told our Level 3 retreat that he studied with Yan Xin's master as well. Chunyi Lin also said Master Yao is a Buddhist monk at Shaolin and that's where Chunyi Lin did his 2 hours non-stop horse stance meditation -- he said they did that for three months at Shaolin and then their third eyes were fully open and were taught to do long distance healing. So that was the first time he did long distance healing and he healed his uncle of a stomach condition. Master Yao the Buddhist monk at Shaolin then diagnosed Chunyi Lin's wife of breast cancer and Master Yao spotted two lumps that had been missed by the Western-trained doctors but then were later confirmed by the Western doctors. Then Master Yao healed Chunyi Lin's wife of breast cancer -- so that was probably in the late 80s or maybe early 90s as Chunyi Lin was in the U.S. in 1993 or so. I know Chunyi Lin returned back to the U.S. for a bit and then returned to the U.S. so I'm not sure if he finished his qigong master training during that return to China or not.

Anyway Chunyi Lin's wife was apparently not practicing qigong! I didn't know this but she had been a successful professor and she stopped her career to help out Chunyi Lin. So then yes I heard her breast cancer came back but then Chunyi Lin said that she is fine now and that also she is now practicing qigong regularly. So Chunyi Lin has said that he can help people heal but that if they practice qigong then they heal much more effectively. I'm not sure why his wife was not practicing qigong before -- Chunyi Lin joked how if she thought she was getting fat then she would ask Chunyi Lin for healing to trim her fat. haha.

When I got my phone healing from Chunyi Lin I had not seen nor talked to him for six years even though I had posted about him every day online for almost ten years. haha. So Chunyi Lin let me ask him a lot of questions - -and I blogged on this - -but at the time I was in the worst pain of my life because I accidentally ingested a ton of charcoal that was very painful to pass out of my rectum. haha. So Chunyi Lin didn't instantly heal me of what would be termed "wrong medication" -- I'm not sure qigong is the best for a type of traumatic injury like that -- instead Chunyi Lin focused on the deeper blockages I had. Certainly the healing I got helped with my charcoal pain as well -- but the healing felt really deep.

So for me Chunyi Lin said my kidney, heart and lung energy was weak and that I needed to store the chi in my lower tan tien. So when I said I was sitting in full lotus for several hours a day he said that was great but until I started storing the energy in my lower tan tien then my transmissions would be weak. So I asked if it was o.k. that when I transmitted energy to females there was bliss. He said this was o.k. but again until I started to store the energy in my lower tan tien then the transmissions will be weak.

So I knew this was true but I really needed it confirmed from Chunyi Lin. So that the healing I got was also just as much about my long term practice to build up my energy. Chunyi Lin also asked if I had my glass of water which I had forgotten. So he waited on the phone while I went upstairs to get a glass of water. haha. But the charging of the water is definitely real and helps the healing and then you do a half hour meditation before and after the healing.

Previously I had always relied on the energy from taking the classes and I had never gotten a personal healing from Chunyi Lin. Did the energy from the classes seem comparable to my healing? Yes I had some amazing energy healing transmissions in the class. haha. So I guess I was lucky to take classes from Chunyi Lin before he became better known and before he built his healing center in the far suburb of Eden Prairie -- I've never been to the healing center. Then Jim Nance told me that Chunyi Lin was not going to teach as much and sure enough I noticed Level 3 is now just taught once a year. It used to be taught as a normal class but now it's just a retreat. My most powerful experience was when I took the Level 3 as a retreat because beforehand I did the week long bigu meditation so the electromagnetic energy was very strong. Then chunyi Lin read my aura at the retreat and he left the room and then the center of my brain was on fire! He was working to open my third eye but it was just too intense for me and then he said my mind wasn't ready yet. haha. That was ten years ago. The energy was so strong and then I accidentally pulled this old lady's spirit out of her body even though I wasn't touching her and then I had some initial astral travel with some serious spacetime vortex dizziness. So then I stopped practicing and began researching intensively, reading one book a day -- to translate my experience back into western science. chunyi Lin said that instead of stopping my practice I should have called him. haha. But he also said I had an "enlightenment experience" and then he touched his finger to my forehead and after that I've had permanent brain magnetic bliss -- even though I stopped practicing for a couple months the magnetic brain bliss never went away.

Edited by fulllotus
  • Like 1

I saw this somewhere but there is a full lotus posture in which the arms go across the back and meet the opposite foot. I forgot what it's called.

Oh wait nvm this is the bound lotus posture :P.

Yea I thought it was another thread someone was talking about how they connect with the feet in the front of the body.

Hey Drew.. whenefver I tried doing the "Secret" method from Yan Xin ie making the head face down.. I sometimes think I am looking too down. Is it an exaggerated chin lock or is it Just the regular chin lock? And you look at your hands that are in the Zen mudra right?

Edited by Spirit of the Tiger

I can feel very different effects in FL then in ZZ. It's amazing. I never thought I'd come to this position in my journey. The seed was planted to try it 3 weeks ago. I saw Wim Hof (The Iceman) sitting in full lotus in just shorts in a snowy environment and doing his Tummo to warm himself up.

Then this topic was just a catalyst and encouragement to try it out on a personal level.

Yeah, I like a cushion. Lotus is easier when you lean forward a bit - or sit on a cushion. Eventually you could push yourself to be just as comfortable without. But I guess it's not necessary.

Seriously dude, EM fields to get into full lotus? Fill that tan tien, Drew. Come down to Earth a bit. ;) Maybe that helps with stopping the pain when you're sitting into that a long time, but otherwise... just stretch daily.

Eddie Bravo on flexibility and WORK ETHIC

1:50 - a stretch I do to warm up to full lotus.

2:33 - Lotus stretch

3:54 - Goes into lotus without using his hands while standing on his head.

Bravo brings up a good point here. Most guys cry and moin for 3 years before getting into a specific position. But a college football guy, who stretches 30 minutes a day, does it better within 2 months. Work ethic.

Initially I had a lot of pain on the outside of my upper legs and in my knees (you should focus on stretching the muscles surrounding the hip! Not the ligaments of the knee!). That largely went away after a few days and I began to feel the upper most portion of my quadriceps. If I sit in lotus for a while I still need to take a brake for a day or 2, probably because the microtears need to be repeared (otherwise it keeps hurting). But things go easier all the time. It's quite a painful experience though.

I have no doubt body type plays a role. I did quite a bit of fitness without that much stretching over the years, so I got stiffer. However, I still have long, relatively thin legs and little fat around my hips/thighs... so with quite a bit of warming up and pain I was able to fold myself into full lotus. But no way taht everyone with short, thick legs can do that without practice.

Update:

As for those two stretches of Vortex. I just tried them. I'm stretching different muscles with those two than with the full lotus. In full lotus I now primarily feel the top portion of the quadriceps - not my ass muscles (hip/leg extensors) or the adductors on the inside of my leg. That is because when you fold your heel onto your other thigh and start pressing the folded leg down, you specifically stretch out that tiny portion of your quadriceps.

Sit on your knees and lean back and you'll stretch the middle portion of your quadriceps.

So when one is attempting to sit in full lotus - unless you are VERY stiff in every aspect - practice the full lotus or try to get as close into it as possible.

That video is awe inspiring, especially the upside down no arm full lotus. He doesn't mention any specific stretches you can do to achieve that, though?

That video is awe inspiring, especially the upside down no arm full lotus. He doesn't mention any specific stretches you can do to achieve that, though?

Here's a nice stretch to try out- it's slightly unusual though as it is designed to confuse the body/mind and thereby help reprogram the tissues :

1. Lye down on you back with your knees bent and your feet on the floor. Then let both your knees flop out to gauge how wide they can go.

2. Now bring your knees back together but place your left hand on the inside of your left knee and the right hand on the inside of the right.

3. Now, with as much force as you feel comfortable with squeeze your knees together AND at the same time push in the opposite direction with your hands, really engaging all the muscles on the inside of the thighs.

4. Continue doing this but every 10 seconds or so let your knees separate 2 inches then bring them back together 1 inch, whilst continuously maintaining the squeezing together of the knees and the pushing apart of the hands.

5. Keep doing this for about 5-10 minutes until your knees are far apart as is comfortable. (By this time you should probably be shaking alot and some parts of the body might be achy too- massage these areas, trying to relax and release the tissues).

Now go back to stage 1 and notice any difference, then try lotus position- you might be surprised!

a

I saw this somewhere but there is a full lotus posture in which the arms go across the back and meet the opposite foot. I forgot what it's called.

Oh wait nvm this is the bound lotus posture :P.

Yea I thought it was another thread someone was talking about how they connect with the feet in the front of the body.

Hey Drew.. whenefver I tried doing the "Secret" method from Yan Xin ie making the head face down.. I sometimes think I am looking too down. Is it an exaggerated chin lock or is it Just the regular chin lock? And you look at your hands that are in the Zen mudra right?

Yeah I need to try that Yan Xin secret again -- but it's with the forehead pointed towards the hands and then the shen third eye energy should be sucked in by the hands and then from there into the lower tan tien. I've been relying on the "vacuum" suction diaphragm breathing and perineum as the diaphgram is the strongest muscle in the body. haha. So basically the in breath has the diaphgram go down and this in turn pushes the generative force fluids up the spine so they mingle with the spirit heart energy thereby getting sublimated and then on the out breath it's supposed to go down the front channel to get purified at the heart. The book "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" gives all the details -- whether it's the small universe step by step practice of just one breath in and out for the back channel -- as in breath -- and the front channel going down as out breath.

Then I realized that the John Chang practice is essentially the same as the Taoist Yoga practice since "taoist Yoga" states if you can't follow all the levels and stages of small universe just make sure to focus on the lower tan tien to get the heart spirit energy underneath the water so that fire is created. I reposted a comment from Martial Development bout the John Chang training -- or close to it. http://fulllotusqigong.blogspot.com/2011/12/how-to-train-in-john-changs-lineage.html

thks for reminding me of the Yan Xin secret! The neck is just bent about 45 degrees -- not too severe -- but this also helps open up the bottom of the skull center.

After performing the stretch Eddie Bravo is doing in his video for a few minutes while browsing the web the full lotus became much easier. My legs didn't slip at all today.

I've never had much luck with distance anything. Energetically I'm about as sensitive as a doorknob, it seems. Although apparently I'm a very good ground - I held a friend of mine's hand and she remarked almost instantly that I was excellent at grounding.

As a matter of fact, almost all energetic type things have failed to have an effect on me...aside from a Reiki attunement I had, and I barely felt that.

I've heard about Master Zhang...Dallas is about four hours away, so not really something I can go to for continuous training, which is what I'm looking for. Might be worth checking out a workshop though.

I've never had much luck with distance anything. Energetically I'm about as sensitive as a doorknob, it seems. Although apparently I'm a very good ground - I held a friend of mine's hand and she remarked almost instantly that I was excellent at grounding.

As a matter of fact, almost all energetic type things have failed to have an effect on me...aside from a Reiki attunement I had, and I barely felt that.

I've heard about Master Zhang...Dallas is about four hours away, so not really something I can go to for continuous training, which is what I'm looking for. Might be worth checking out a workshop though.

Well Chunyi Lin is exceptional -- it always feels like a laser for me. He's now got the Mayo Clinic doctors saying external qi healing works -- and that right there overturns Western science. http://www.springforestqigong.com/medical_research.htm

What amazes me is how the Western person will reject this amazing healing energy -- Check out this new healing testimony of severe epilepsy of a person

This healing was done by Lesley Vincent, the second new qigong master trained by Chunyi Lin!!!
  • Like 1

Well Chunyi Lin is exceptional -- it always feels like a laser for me. He's now got the Mayo Clinic doctors saying external qi healing works -- and that right there overturns Western science. http://www.springforestqigong.com/medical_research.htm

What amazes me is how the Western person will reject this amazing healing energy -- Check out this new healing testimony of severe epilepsy of a person

This healing was done by Lesley Vincent, the second new qigong master trained by Chunyi Lin!!!

That's a pretty cool testimonial.

I may have to give a phone healing session a try sometime. I don't reject healing energy, I just haven't run into one yet that works on me.

After performing the stretch Eddie Bravo is doing in his video for a few minutes while browsing the web the full lotus became much easier. My legs didn't slip at all today.

I stretch both legs, first one then the other; I just wait until I can grab my toes and then ease a stretch on the hamstring until I feel I can breathe. I suspect it's years of half-lotus on both sides that now enables me to get into the lotus, but there are specific coordinations that I call to mind to stay in the lotus and relax. The hamstrings and the quads reciprocate activity out of stretch, and that puts a stretch on the ilio-tibial tract. Stretch in the tract generates activity in the sartorius muscles that pivots the pelvis on the hips, left and right; with that pivot and stretch in the ilio-tibial tract, activity will be generated in the gluts that also pivots the pelvis left and right on the hips. Not volitive activity, activity generated by the stretch of ligaments and fascia that translates into different motions.

The left and right pivot of the pelvis on the hips puts the balance forward in the lower abdomen, and that slight stretch generates activity in the obturators that extends the hips slightly from the pelvis. This allows the activity of the legs from the soles of the feet to travel up the back of the spine to either side of the skull and the top of the head in inhalation; the return from the top of the head to the soles of the feet depends on the free movement of the mind , technically the free occurrence of consciousness, and the stretch and activity occasioned as consciousness takes place for the complete exhalation. That's because it's really about the generation of the cranial-sacral rhythm by nerves at the sagittal suture, so the real return is in the motions of the sacrum and the way the rhythm extends through the body.

In short, it's the sense of place, the one that moves in falling asleep (and in waking up, although that's harder to see). That's the source of the action. The more you see it, the more you can rest in it, and so you gain it.

That's how I sit in the lotus. Why it took so long to be where I am, I can't say!

I stretch both legs, first one then the other; I just wait until I can grab my toes and then ease a stretch on the hamstring until I feel I can breathe. I suspect it's years of half-lotus on both sides that now enables me to get into the lotus, but there are specific coordinations that I call to mind to stay in the lotus and relax. The hamstrings and the quads reciprocate activity out of stretch, and that puts a stretch on the ilio-tibial tract. Stretch in the tract generates activity in the sartorius muscles that pivots the pelvis on the hips, left and right; with that pivot and stretch in the ilio-tibial tract, activity will be generated in the gluts that also pivots the pelvis left and right on the hips. Not volitive activity, activity generated by the stretch of ligaments and fascia that translates into different motions.

The left and right pivot of the pelvis on the hips puts the balance forward in the lower abdomen, and that slight stretch generates activity in the obturators that extends the hips slightly from the pelvis. This allows the activity of the legs from the soles of the feet to travel up the back of the spine to either side of the skull and the top of the head in inhalation; the return from the top of the head to the soles of the feet depends on the free movement of the mind , technically the free occurrence of consciousness, and the stretch and activity occasioned as consciousness takes place for the complete exhalation. That's because it's really about the generation of the cranial-sacral rhythm by nerves at the sagittal suture, so the real return is in the motions of the sacrum and the way the rhythm extends through the body.

In short, it's the sense of place, the one that moves in falling asleep (and in waking up, although that's harder to see). That's the source of the action. The more you see it, the more you can rest in it, and so you gain it.

That's how I sit in the lotus. Why it took so long to be where I am, I can't say!

The important thing is to sublimate and purify the sex energy -- people instead obsess over flexibility and the physical level. haha.

I sat in full lotus during the night but this morning I was being hit on by a young female in my dream. So in my dream I did reverse breathing -- actually holding in the muscle that controls the urine. So then I woke up and went into full lotus on my bed. I sat as long as possible till my bladder was exploding and then this piss was all foamy. This means I didn't properly sublimate the sex fluid up the spine and instead it went to the prostate.

On the other hand at least my kidney energy is strong enough now that I have to convert it to chi energy or else I'll lose the alchemical pill. But I need to meditate more which is a pain. haha.

The important thing is to sublimate and purify the sex energy -- people instead obsess over flexibility and the physical level. haha.

I sat in full lotus during the night but this morning I was being hit on by a young female in my dream. So in my dream I did reverse breathing -- actually holding in the muscle that controls the urine. So then I woke up and went into full lotus on my bed. I sat as long as possible till my bladder was exploding and then this piss was all foamy. This means I didn't properly sublimate the sex fluid up the spine and instead it went to the prostate.

On the other hand at least my kidney energy is strong enough now that I have to convert it to chi energy or else I'll lose the alchemical pill. But I need to meditate more which is a pain. haha.

The left and right pivot of the pelvis on the hips puts the balance forward in the lower abdomen, and that slight stretch generates activity in the obturators that extends the hips slightly from the pelvis.

There can be a sexual energy connected with the balance forward in the lower abdomen; Kegels with the pubo-coccygeus would be connected with that. There are three motions at the sacrum, pitch, roll and yaw, that translate into three stretches in the ilio-sacral, sacro-spinous and sacro-tuberous ligaments respectively. The pitch motion, forward and back, not only stretches the ilio-sacral ligaments allowing the sacrum to move to a lower horizontal pivot on the pelvis, but stretches ligaments connected with the pubo-coccygeus muscles, and generates activity in these muscles that carries into the pubic bone and the rectus muscle of the lower abdomen. The external oblique, internal oblique, and transversus abdominals have ligamentous connections to the rectus, and these connections are of equal mass at a point about two inches below the navel. I'm still learning about "as before, so behind; as behind, so before" but I think it has to do with these stretches and the activity that results.

Fuxi's poem is a great guide for me:

"The empty hand grasps the hoe handle

walking along, I ride the ox

the ox crosses the wooden bridge

the bridge is flowing, the water is still"

The practice of "as before, so behind; as behind, so before" is I think connected with the first line. The second line would be about the stretches and activity from the stretch of the sacro-spinous ligaments, side-to-side. The third line would be similarly the stretches and activity from the sacro-tuberous ligaments, out of the motion of yaw at the sacrum (on the diagonals). Last line concerns action solely from the place of consciousness as it occurs and the cessation of action through the exercise of volition. All the steps are linear, and simultaneous, so I might as well just be where I am, and hope to "tower up like a mile-high wall and see that there aren't so many things".

Shunryu Suzuki said all a person can do about the practice is to be grateful. He also said, "only zazen can sit zazen". Kobun Chino Otogawa said, "you know, sometimes zazen gets up and walks around!"- this experience is still my only light.

Good to hear some of you revived your full lotus practice because of this topic (and also noticed a difference!). And also that some benefitted from the Eddie Bravo stretching.

My hips hurt at the moment because of the full lotus. So have to give it a bit of rest. Do notice less and less of an effect from the lotus. It's the same with the microcosmic orbit, which I hope to be doing tonight for several hours. In the begiining, with 15 minutes of practice before bedtime, I'd wake up with this strong energy feeling going up the back. Later on I'd just wake up feeling a general buzzing all over my body. Now... nothing... even after 30-45 minutes. So those initial "symptoms" are very important to me and I always write them down. So I know a particular practice works. Got those sensations while lying on my side in bed and on my back, just getting ready to fall asleep. Nothing fancy necessary, but I think the lotus gives results faster - except I can medidate lying down for much much much longer than lying or sitting up. Ill get back to this.

For now I hope get some of these sensations back by doing the orbit for several hours. Once read about a person doing the orbit for 4-5 hours the first time at a seminar. She collapsed afterward with powerful electric like shocks going through her body... I love it! That way I know something works. ;) ;)

Anyway, gotta question, Drew: How did you know Chunyi Lin can read past lives? Do you have any examples of that? Any other freaky stuff Chunyi can do which you haven't really discussed in detail yet?

Ow, and I thought Chunyi's wife had gotten cancer this or last year. Wouldn't understand that, even if she didn't do qigong. Why on earth wouldn't Chunyi not have detected that?

Edited by FixXxer1845

Good to hear some of you revived your full lotus practice because of this topic (and also noticed a difference!). And also that some benefitted from the Eddie Bravo stretching.

My hips hurt at the moment because of the full lotus. So have to give it a bit of rest. Do notice less and less of an effect from the lotus. It's the same with the microcosmic orbit, which I hope to be doing tonight for several hours. In the begiining, with 15 minutes of practice before bedtime, I'd wake up with this strong energy feeling going up the back. Later on I'd just wake up feeling a general buzzing all over my body. Now... nothing... even after 30-45 minutes. So those initial "symptoms" are very important to me and I always write them down. So I know a particular practice works. Got those sensations while lying on my side in bed and on my back, just getting ready to fall asleep. Nothing fancy necessary, but I think the lotus gives results faster - except I can medidate lying down for much much much longer than lying or sitting up. Ill get back to this.

For now I hope get some of these sensations back by doing the orbit for several hours. Once read about a person doing the orbit for 4-5 hours the first time at a seminar. She collapsed afterward with powerful electric like shocks going through her body... I love it! That way I know something works. ;) ;)

Anyway, gotta question, Drew: How did you know Chunyi Lin can read past lives? Do you have any examples of that? Any other freaky stuff Chunyi can do which you haven't really discussed in detail yet?

Ow, and I thought Chunyi's wife had gotten cancer this or last year. Wouldn't understand that, even if she didn't do qigong. Why on earth wouldn't Chunyi not have detected that?

Chunyi Lin told our class that he can read past lives but he rarely tells a person their past lives unless it is necessary to heal the person. Then he said how this lady was afraid of knives because in her past life she had been stabbed to death. So that was a case where he told the person. One time Chunyi Lin also said that the reason we were in the class with him was because of past karmic connections -- which I assume meant past lives. Chunyi Lin also said that he is focused on helping us have a better life next time round and that he's serious about this! Because when he said that I smiled because it was difficult for me to take the reincarnation/past life thing seriously -- I mean considering the huge human population now and -- I don't know. I mean I've read about how ghosts -- when we die - then our spirit can get stuck in a rock and so that's our new life to be a rock. haha. But it seems like if it happens we won't know it happens since we'll have rock consciousenss. Chunyi Lin also hinted at this when he said there's no center to the universe and we all will continually be reborn into new types of lives, continually cycling through all the different types of lives.

On his wife -- I'm sure Chunyi Lin could read that she had cancer but Chunyi Lin also doesn't dismiss Western medicine. So I'm sure she sees a Western doctor and would want to have the standard Western treatment while the qigong treatment complements it. http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/dpp/health/third-grader-heals-friends-with-qigong-mar-1-2011 So Chunyi Lin's wife is mentioned in this news report. The first I learned of it was on his facebook comments. But actually if a person practices qigong or not does make a big difference in the healing process -- so if you study the testimonials most of them also practiced qigong on their own along with getting the healing from Chunyi Lin. Chunyi Lin actually says he helps people heal themselves. So the news report says how Chunyi Lin's wife had a bad prognosis from the doctor but instead of dying she is now doing fine -- thanks to the qigong. Chunyi Lin also said that he keeps an eye on Esther Trejo, for example, who he healed of serious lung disease -- just to make sure that her health stays good. So I suppose the blockages can come back if people don't practice prevention. For example Chunyi Lin said how he was treating this one woman through phone healings and the doctor had said she only had two months to live but she had lived for many more months because she kept a jug of water that Chunyi Lin charged up with energy over the phone. But then her husband freaked out about her drinking energy water and so he threw it out and didn't let her drink the water and then she died soon after. But in the case where he can't heal a person then he helps them in their transition to find peace -- and he does this for ghosts as well. I saw ghosts come to Chunyi Lin and then he said this happens regularly when he does chi-emitting lectures -- and he then helps the ghosts find peace -- which to me means going into a more intense light. One time he said that when one person died Chunyi Lin knew the spirit was passing over because it was when Chunyi Lin was in his house and his t.v. suddenly did this bizarre energy trip -- and so Chunyi Lin then knew that this person had passed on and that was the spirit communication.

• Like 1

Yes, I wondered this at my last workshop: "How might I be connected in a past life with others in this room?"

I have wondered the other day how are we here on TTB connected, it is peculiar.

I really, really wish I could have full unwavering faith in reincarnation/life after death. It'd make living much easier.

It seems to me that the idea of siddhasana is to plug the energy of the feet into the central channel through the first two chakras, creating a sort of feedback loop. Also, if your perineum is erogenously sensitive, it can provide a sexual stimulation that, assuming that it doesn't distract you, has a supercharging effect on energy flow. So it's a very good posture. Quite a different feel than padmasana, though, and less stable. Padmasana does something completely different, which I can't put my finger on. I like both.

I have heard of using headstands for sexual sublimation in the more hatha oriented yoga lineages. There are specialized methods and precautions for doing this. Tao Semko teaches that kind of stuff, if you are interested.

Edited by Creation