zerostao

What made YOU laugh today/tonight ?

On 12/07/2020 at 3:35 PM, virtue said:

@moment, now is a time that we start building a safe space for all living beings. Someone's feelings could really get badly hurt because of that video you posted!

The above video titled "5 funny monkeys dancing" seems to feature apes of chimpanzee origin, so it has been titled in a bigoted, species discriminating manner. We want to have politically correct human and chimpanzee relations and thus we are obliged to give our chimpanzee cousins a proper dignifying designation "ape" instead of the inappropriate slur "monkey." In the current year we don't want to remain ignorant or claim that all simians can be categorically labeled with misidentifying terms without asking their explicit consent first, which is to recognize that some minority of chimpanzees could actually feel that they themselves are monkeys and not apes and should be identified as such by their proper designation.

Furthermore, the dancing sequence and the accompanying music seems inspired by traditional Irish dance and music. We will have to talk this through with the Cannabums department heads and make sure that human cultural activities are no longer improperly appropriated by playful simians of any species. We further demand that human diversity is increased among simian entertainers in order to prevent a simian monoculture agglomerating on this campus.

We want to have pre-emptive lead against all discriminating specist behavior. Therefore I am going to recommend that our human members have exchange periods among simians. Hopefully this will lead to new heights in mutual respect and understanding, and also sharing vital technological skills. Humans in particular could learn from simians how to settle fights and wars with flinging fecal matter against the opponent instead of waging prolonged campaigns of destruction and violence.

Yours truly,

virtue

The Self-Righteous and Self-Declared Dean of The Dao Bums Department of Political Correctness, Social Justice, and Reconciliation Between Species

Your protests regarding cultural misappropriations are rather ill informed .     Having the appropriate university degree , ancestry  and experience in the field, please allow me to inform you  that   ;

U39ggHJAiO4wFr6EsrBEhtQsyR6dYYSURtbwdDrd

source.gif

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nintendao said:

Whenever I click on a post link that looked like this one ...  it deletes the post  ?????   :unsure:

1 hour ago, Nungali said:

Whenever I click on a post link that looked like this one ...  it deletes the post  ?????   :unsure:

Yo I have noticed some weird behavior trying to embed Twitters on here. Maybe FB better luck. LOL! :D 

@natural why the sad response to Nunchuck Bear? I did at first think maybe it was stuck or something. The more I watch it though I think that bear is genuinely having fun whipping that thing around. Maybe just the idea of animals in captivity? That they would be reduced to such boredom. Given the other recent posts this seems serendipitous. I agree with @virtue! We must be mindful of objectifying these beings for our own amusement.

Spoiler

I should probably stop, but, I feel it in my heart, that dang bear is showing off! Get it, bear! Do yo thang.

Edited by Nintendao
  • Like 1

Oh come  on .... its   edited in .

A bit like this one , which is done a lit better

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I think captivity is (in most, although not all cases) cruel and unusual punishment.

Edited by natural
grammer
  • Like 3

Yep !   Feral pets ; they come and go as they please .  You can go on holidays and not have to worry . No vet bills either.  You still gets delightful moments ;  a curawong  that sings on the front steps for his morning rosemary cracker  ( he doesnt seem to like the other sort ) ,  a passel of possums in the trees , occasionally feather tailed gliders in the tree by the back door  ,  I had one inside for a while

220px-Feathertail_glider,_Acrobates_pygm

Paddymelons in the back yard

Pademelon.jpg

No wombats though  :(   I do play with the idea of having a pet wombat .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, virtue said:

@Nintendao It was user @natural who posted the sad response.

I liked the bear, he's got mad skills. This time I'm not sure if even Chuck Norris could defeat such a fearsome enemy.

This bear would kick Chuck's ass!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Nungali said:

Oh come  on .... its   edited in .

A bit like this one , which is done a lit better

Bruce Lee had mad skills !  But, his Yang was, going seriously, out of balance toward the end.  When he died, he was taking a variety of pain killers and muscle relaxants because of pushing too hard (tremendous over-training). 

Since this is supposed to be a laugh thread and my last one was a downer:

• Like 2

Seriously.

Tonight my roomer nuked his deli sandwich.  It was the left over half from his lunch today.  It was still wrapped in the deli paper.

He pulled the sandwich out, unwrapped it, and four flies came out, flying as if drunk.  In circles.  

I'd swear one of them resembled Jeff Goldblum.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, SirPalomides said:

That story turned ME into 'WTF man "   (but not the superhero version )

Okay ; camels then -

Baby Camel :  "Mummy , why do I have this big hump on my back ? "

Mother Camel ; " Why, my son, it is to hold water, so we  may traverse far across the desert sands where there is no water to drink . "

BC; "Oh I see . But mummy, why do I have these big flat feet ? "

MC ; " Those, my son, are to keep your feet from sinking deep into the soft sand , when we traverse far across the desert ."

BC;  " Oh .... but  Mummy , why do we  have these thick long eye lashes "

MC; " Those, my son,  are to keep the sand out of eyes when the strong desert wind blows . "

BC ;   ......    "   Mummy ? "

MC ;   "Yes, my son?"

BC ;   " Why do we live in a zoo then ? "

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

11 minutes ago, Nungali said:

That story turned ME into 'WTF man "   (but not the superhero version )

Okay ; camels then -

Baby Camel :  "Mummy , why do I have this big hump on my back ? "

Mother Camel ; " Why, my son, it is to hold water, so we  may traverse far across the desert sands where there is no water to drink . "

BC; "Oh I see . But mummy, why do I have these big flat feet ? "

MC ; " Those, my son, are to keep your feet from sinking deep into the soft sand , when we traverse far across the desert ."

BC;  " Oh .... but  Mummy , why do we  have these thick long eye lashes "

MC; " Those, my son,  are to keep the sand out of eyes when the strong desert wind blows . "

BC ;   ......    "   Mummy ? "

MC ;   "Yes, my son?"

BC ;   " Why do we live in a zoo then ? "

I know another version...

A baby ascarid sticks his head out of a cow's butt for the first time.

"Mom, what's that huge shiny yellow thing overhead?"

"That's the sun, baby."

"Oh...  and what's that great blue expanse around it?"

"That's the sky, my child."

"Ah...  And that green stuff below...  smells so good...  and those tall things around, also bright green -- what are they?"

"That's a field of grass, darling, and some trees around it."

The young ascarid turns his head this way and that, awe-struck.

"Mom...  what is all this?"

"That's the world!"

"Oh...  The world is so beautiful!"

"Yes, it is, baby."

"Mom...  but then why do we live in a dark, smelly, shitty hole?"

"This is our country, dear."  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, moment said:

It did not make me laugh but, it all was damn good!

And you have to admit, the jewelry did look great hanging on the tree -

• Like 1

2 hours ago, manitou said:

And you have to admit, the jewelry did look great hanging on the tree -

Leonora is one of the great short-story tellers and painters of all time.