Birch

Is it just me?

Call me soppy. But I just noticed that TTB's seems to have an awesome range of folks on it. :ph34r:

I don't think I've (so far) had the experience of being in the company of so many "high-level" (whatever that means to you) people at one time.

Woah.

:)

Thanking :)

• Like 4

Call me soppy. But I just noticed that TTB's seems to have an awesome range of folks on it. :ph34r:

I don't think I've (so far) had the experience of being in the company of so many "high-level" (whatever that means to you) people at one time.

Woah.

Yeah!

I signed up exactly 1 year ago today and have met the "high-level" folks I thought I would meet.

And then there were some fun surprises as well!9cyPFQbgCkhhjuld9036zPsGo1_500.jpg

:lol:

Thanks all for a killer year!

• Like 1

Woah.

See you in Canada by 2014, in the Canadian Rockies, no less!

Yeah!

I signed up exactly 1 year ago today and have met the "high-level" folks I thought I would meet.

And then there were some fun surprises as well!9cyPFQbgCkhhjuld9036zPsGo1_500.jpg

Who are these people???

See you in Canada by 2014, in the Canadian Rockies, no less!

By 2014, there won't be a Canada, dude :ninja:

Who are these people???

Pee Wee Herman, Rodney Dangerfield, David Lee Roth

Show people! (not TTB) but a good time none the less, funnybone fun!

Taobums Rocks! my own spiritual development has evolved so much since discovering this amazing site. Thanks to Taobums I now know the spiritual path I would like to pursue in life so I thank every taobummer here for their wonderful contributions :)

Woah.

Haha Yea same here. I joined a couple years ago. Plenty of moments where threads on ttb's have come (strangely) at the right time, some times even reminding me why a happening occurred.

Also plenty of full personalities, Cool people, like yourself *soppy*

Yeah!

:lol: Awesome.

I quickly fell in love with these forums. Everyone here has been so helpful and kind with answering my questions. :wub:

I can't even put into words what this forum means to me.

Where I live, we have nobody at all to talk about abstract concepts with, particularly if they tend toward the spiritual.

I feel like talking with TTB's is exercising my metaphysical legs every day, something I haven't done in a very long time. Reading your posts, and writing mine, has helped me to define what it is that I'm really thinking.

It is really apparent to me that there are stratified circles of like-minded mentalities that hold us together in the world, at some cosmic level. I would imagine that TTB's and other sites like this one are one of the very highest concentric circles. If there were one much higher, they wouldn't have to type; they would merely think back and forth at each other and wink.

When you listen to highly evolved people, say someone like Fareed Zakaria or Deepak Chopra or even the Dalai Lama, who's to say? Maybe one of them is amongst us right now.

And it feels to me that this forum is evolving as well. It seems like our conversations get a little higher and a little higher. Like Marbles, I too am retired and have the time to pay attention and check in a couple times a day; without TTB, my ideas would become stale very quickly.

I do love each and every one of you.

Barb

Yup I love this forum too. As others have stated there are not a lot of people and places to discuss such topics, so this forum is wonderful. I just wish Drew Hemphel would return here, that zany guys rants helped me tremendously. Maybe we can get a petition going to get him back haha.

Yup I love this forum too. As others have stated there are not a lot of people and places to discuss such topics, so this forum is wonderful. I just wish Drew Hemphel would return here, that zany guys rants helped me tremendously. Maybe we can get a petition going to get him back haha.

Really, I Know haha. His stuff contributed to some of my experiences personally.

It'd be good to see him on the site lol.

I feel like talking with TTB's is exercising my metaphysical legs every day, something I haven't done in a very long time. Reading your posts, and writing mine, has helped me to define what it is that I'm really thinking.

I agree, Barb. I'm trying my best not to be retired, so I'm not here every day- but almost. When I am, it's such a good time.

A long time now I have tried to write things I didn't know before I sat down to write, to let the writing channel some part of me, to express in words the relationships I feel in a way that is meaningful to me even if not to anyone else. I love to use only words that are necessary and sufficient, as they say in mathematics. Sometimes Tao Bums brings it out of me.

The sincerity of everybody is the most striking thing about Tao Bums. People write from the heart, they lay their innermost beliefs on the line, they put intimate stuff on the page that no one can relate to and yet it's eerily familiar like we've all been there before. And collectively we know what to do with it, some times.

Drew Hempel pointed out some stuff about Kurt Godel I'd never known, that meant a lot to me.

A friend gifted me a copy of "Notices", the magazine of the American Mathematical Society; it's an issue about using computers to dot the i's and cross the t's and formally prove mathematical statements that have been rigorously proven, but only on the basis of other math already accepted. The first proof they formally vindicated was Godel's incompleteness theorem (the theorem says that you cannot put everything that is known in mathematics on an axiomatic basis; if you did, your axioms would also allow contradictions- and if your axioms didn't allow contradictions, you couldn't build everything that's known in mathematics from them).

The Tao that can be put in words is not the true Tao.

Edited by Mark Foote

I quit going to A.A. so this is where I stop in to connect. I like being allowed to be myself here. I used to be intimidated by all the males on here but y'all seem pretty cool to me now. It's awesome to be able to discuss things with like-minded individuals...not a lot of Taoists here in Las Vegas!!!

• Like 1

This forum just rocks. It's definitely one of the best thing that happened to me in the last decade.

I wonder how many of us "landed" here through sinchronicity or been somehow guided.....that's true for me and I'm grateful everyday.

Anyone else here get a little thrill of excitement when you open the tb page and a PM quickly unfurls in a little rectangle in the coolest way? Can you say "dopamine squirt"? :wub:

Edited by TheSongsofDistantEarth

Anyone else here get a little thrill of excitement when you open the tb page and a PM quickly unfurls in a little rectangle in the coolest way? Can you say "dopamine squirt"? :wub:

Oh totally.

Or a quick sense of rebellion, thinking it's a mod.

Mods always try and keep me down B)

I love this place, a wide variety of souls who come together and are actually able to share!

NeiChuan, I'm still waiting on the Mo Pai manual... what gives, I've gotta get past level 2!!!

*group huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuug*

• Like 1

I have an impossible dream:

May all human beings open the eyes to the Dharma.

I will dedicate the rest of my life working towards this noble goal.

Please, I need your help.

Blessings,

• Like 2