Birch

Is it just me?

I have an impossible dream:

May all human beings open the eyes to the Dharma.

I will dedicate the rest of my life working towards this noble goal.

Please, I need your help.

Blessings,

:)

What a noble pursuit, Gerard. The fact that you post the incredible words you do on this site goes a lot further than you think. I see your words as being the small ripple of a pebble being thrown into the lake, the ripple ultimately extending all the way out to the lake's shore.

I feel that I have dedicated my life to this also, although I never thought of it in those terms before. It seems like every conversation I have with anyone, I see it through more awakened eyes than I ever have before. I see people in their upward struggle, even if they don't know they're doing it. All souls want to merge upward, I think - but sometimes the dross inside the person is so thick and heavy that the light can't get through at all.

If you just Be, it will come to you. Spirit, Tao, the Intelligence...whatever; it knows what it's doing, and it will cause each and every event in your life. Your intent is perfect, and that is what will cause the unfolding of events and personalities around you for a particular purpose. It's a dynamic that happens only by not pushing it.

Oh totally.

Or a quick sense of rebellion, thinking it's a mod.

Mods always try and keep me down B)

Right I'm going to PM you just for saying that ... maybe not .... :lol:

I love this place ... I only worry its slightly obsessive ... occasionally life intrudes ... and I am supposed to do some practice.

NeiChuan, I'm still waiting on the Mo Pai manual... what gives, I've gotta get past level 2!!!

what the hell!? LOL

I had a kind of interesting visual just now.

It occurs to me that in the cosmic scheme of things, The Tao Bums are making ripples in a very altitudinous lake.

It's amazing that there's a place with such a high density of quality people and experienced practitioners.

I second this, especially if you look into some of the older threads and the personal practice threads of some of the more prominent members of the forum, they can be really insightful and quite useful in developing your own practices. :)