ralis

Third Eye

I remember learning some 25 years ago about an earlier experiment (a rather cruel one, perhaps) in which kittens had their optic and auditory nerves crossed. Most fared very badly, as you might expect, but some seemed to learn to see sound and hear light (or somethng...)

That's both interesting and horrible. Poor kittens!

Excellent posts.

Given that our friend Drew is IMO and IME (current) correct in his evaluation of "left-brain chatter" - in other words that which we mistake to be ourselves (well, it is, but only part of it and not necessarily the whole truth) is there anyway the "DO" theory could be constructively linked (mapped) to the rest of the 3rd eye practice technically-speaking? Or is it just basically Proust and turtles all the way?

Since he decides to attack me on a level beyond merely this board. I will like to counter his mis-understandings through this medium and maybe he can be a little humbler and look more at himself rather than projecting intense and self solidified judgments of others, which like I said, I can feel.

Maybe you could try and restrain your urge to correct people? I don't think anyone knows the difference if you did or didn't correct him. As for drew haunting you psychically when you post, maybe you're just projecting that into it? If you can't handle it, don't be compelled to correct him, then.

By the way, the above sample of your writing is but one example of what many of us feel ios your unclear writing style. It sounds kinda like Sarah Palin. Your syntax is often screwed up, and you always deny it. It's like this when you're preaching Buddhism, too.

Excellent posts.

Given that our friend Drew is IMO and IME (current) correct in his evaluation of "left-brain chatter" - in other words that which we mistake to be ourselves (well, it is, but only part of it and not necessarily the whole truth) is there anyway the "DO" theory could be constructively linked (mapped) to the rest of the 3rd eye practice technically-speaking? Or is it just basically Proust and turtles all the way?

Since the 3rd eye is connected to space, or ether. Focusing on and contemplating time and time again the endless nature of space, the encompassing nature of space, the empty and full nature of space, the pervasive and persistent nature of space, one can have 3rd eye opening arise dependent upon these contemplations where the consciousness ceases to be limited by the seeming confines of individuality and one is able to see, feel, hear, smell, and even taste multi-dimensionally beyond the 5 senses but connected to the 5 senses.

Since the 3rd eye is connected to space, or ether. Focusing on and contemplating time and time again the endless nature of space, the encompassing nature of space, the empty and full nature of space, the pervasive and persistent nature of space, one can have 3rd eye opening arise dependent upon these contemplations where the consciousness ceases to be limited by the seeming confines of individuality and one is able to see, feel, hear, smell, and even taste multi-dimensionally beyond the 5 senses but connected to the 5 senses.

huh?!? :huh:

Can I try a translation into what I personally understand?

"Since the 3rd eye is connected to space, or ether."

Translation: whatever is termed "third eye" refers to "something" that is directly connected to non-semantic, non-visual, non-auditory, non-etc (insert one of the "5" senses here) awareness

"Focusing on and contemplating time and time again the endless nature of space, the encompassing nature of space, the empty and full nature of space, the pervasive and persistent nature of space,"

Translation: focusing on a non-semantic, non-visual, non-auditory, non-etc (insert one of the "5" senses here) awareness

"one can have 3rd eye opening arise dependent upon these contemplations"

Translation: one can have direct awareness of "something" that is directly connected to non-semantic, non-visual, non-auditory, non-etc (insert one of the "5" senses here) awareness

"where the consciousness ceases to be limited by the seeming confines of individuality"

Translation: where consciousness ceases to be limited by habitual concerns of semantic, visual, auditory, etc (insert one of the "5" senses here) awareness"

"and one is able to see, feel, hear, smell, and even taste multi-dimensionally beyond the 5 senses but connected to the 5 senses."

Translation: and one is able to be aware without being limited by habitual concerns of semantic, visual, auditory, etc (insert one of the "5" senses here) awareness

Does that work?

Ohh, why didn't he just say that!!

I'm joking. One "can have 3rd eye openings dependent upon these contemplations" is where I have trouble. One can, certainly have this, but it does not mean that 3rd eye opening is necessarily caused (or dependent) on these things. It may arise independently of those things, too. I think he is using language in such a way as to "prove" dependent origination, and is working backwards, attempting to show how the third eye awakens. Proximetry in time/space does not guarantee causality.

Exactly how does the 3rd eye connect to space? A connection links objects. To objectify space and time as you have, contradicts your basic Buddhist premise of emptiness. However, it is more appropriate to see the 3rd. eye as a type of gateway.

To make assumptions as if you have it all figured out and are able to quantify the cosmos by Buddhist semantic arguments does not hold water.

ralis

Edited by ralis

Something new today. I had this sudden intence bout of horniness come over me, so I got into full lotus to deal with it, and I got really hot, and felt a lot of pressure in my head. Wonder why???

I would like some feedback on awakening the third eye.

ralis

From what I have read of the posts on this topic, it seems that most are confusing enlightenment with the 3rd eye.

Enlightenment contains the 3rd eye process - whereas the 3rd eye process does not necessarily contain enlightenment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I borrow this from one of Steam's posted discoveries

at

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/11802-awakening-psychic-abilities/page__st__100__p__153573__fromsearch__1entry153573

post #118 .

Edited by ~jK~

I was going to try to avoid posting not because I dont think the topic isnt important.

Before in my previous energy work before stillness movement I was taught that opening one type of energy center was not just dangerous.

Why I say not just dangerous is because the energy that isnt developed tends to move into the same area afterwards. The result is usually seen when I would work at opening energy centers at one time, then the results would dissipate over time. Generally I found that my ability to see with the third eye was still very limited. There were other specialized meditations you can learn that deal with the problems related to this.

Its like a higher dense energy containing blockages moves into the cleared area. High concentration to low concentration area.

The meditations I would use are nothing but a form to "prop up" ones own previous work on the centers.

That is why S-M tends to be very innovative because you are not just focusing on energy centers, you tend to cover it all.

So, in hind sight it creates instability in the mental mind. It makes you more "jumpy" and fearful when you begin because you are nto ready for such an event. Now I was taught to be calm and not to be afraid no matter what by my old master (who has since passed on). But it is much better to learn to be calm, and focus on doing that. Stillness Movement is one of those ways.

Although I would not want any one to hurt themselves there is the "light-disk" meditation I was taught which can be use somewhat to clear ones energy. I recommend caution because it still tends to cause a type of duality fixation.

Simple, create a large circular disk of gold or purple light and move it downwards through your energy field to clean it, including your body.

You should keep a journal and write extensively about your feelings and experiences before (a day or a week before) and during using this method. If you have to do it quickly and dont have any time for reflection, this is not the mediation for you. If you stop the meditation the effects will go away rather quickly. If you dont like go for a walk everyday instead. Would be better for you.

With complete respect, any fixation on the third eye really isnt anything people bargain for and will rewire things very fast. So, even though my recommendation is a very light form of a precautionary measure.. just dont. Being a veteran of learning the hard way it is much better to learn something like Stillness Movement.

Edited by TheWhiteRabbit

Can I try a translation into what I personally understand?

"Since the 3rd eye is connected to space, or ether."

Translation: whatever is termed "third eye" refers to "something" that is directly connected to non-semantic, non-visual, non-auditory, non-etc (insert one of the "5" senses here) awareness

"Focusing on and contemplating time and time again the endless nature of space, the encompassing nature of space, the empty and full nature of space, the pervasive and persistent nature of space,"

Translation: focusing on a non-semantic, non-visual, non-auditory, non-etc (insert one of the "5" senses here) awareness

"one can have 3rd eye opening arise dependent upon these contemplations"

Translation: one can have direct awareness of "something" that is directly connected to non-semantic, non-visual, non-auditory, non-etc (insert one of the "5" senses here) awareness

"where the consciousness ceases to be limited by the seeming confines of individuality"

Translation: where consciousness ceases to be limited by habitual concerns of semantic, visual, auditory, etc (insert one of the "5" senses here) awareness"

"and one is able to see, feel, hear, smell, and even taste multi-dimensionally beyond the 5 senses but connected to the 5 senses."

Translation: and one is able to be aware without being limited by habitual concerns of semantic, visual, auditory, etc (insert one of the "5" senses here) awareness

Does that work?

Good... good. Thanks for trying.

What I meant is that every chakra predominantly vibrates with one or the other elements. The 5 elements in traditional Indian thought is ether/space, air, water, fire, earth. The 3rd eye or ajna chakra is considered connected to endless and limitless space or ether which is why the 3rd eye is associated with transcendent knowledge of inter-dimensional objects. For example; spirits, auras, other realms, parallel universes... etc. So by contemplating how space permeates everything equally, and how everything is merely space manifest in a kind of sense, one's mind stretches beyond it's parochial concerns into more cosmic, or expanded states of knowing. Knowledge beyond 3 dimensions is available for one who contemplates the nature of space and successfully opens the 3rd eye.

What I mean when I say that it is all connected to the 5 senses, is that seeing through the 3rd eye is merely expanding the experience of the 5 senses. One has clairaudience (hearing beyond the physical), clairvoyance (seeing beyond the physical), so on and so forth for all the other senses.

Edited by Vajrahridaya

Ohh, why didn't he just say that!!

I'm joking. One "can have 3rd eye openings dependent upon these contemplations" is where I have trouble. One can, certainly have this, but it does not mean that 3rd eye opening is necessarily caused (or dependent) on these things. It may arise independently of those things, too. I think he is using language in such a way as to "prove" dependent origination, and is working backwards, attempting to show how the third eye awakens. Proximetry in time/space does not guarantee causality.

The 3rd eye can open dependent upon various causes and conditions, not just the ones I've stated above. There is not a single occurrence that doesn't arise due to causes and conditions.

Edited by Vajrahridaya

The 3rd eye or ajna chakra is considered connected to endless and limitless space or ether which is why the 3rd eye is associated with transcendent knowledge of inter-dimensional objects.

There are different ideas out there, but the one I liked from Healing with Form says that throat to crown is earth element, heart is space, navel is fire, secret chakra is water and wind is through the whole body (or maybe solar plexus).

There is something to be said about the third eye being related to the heart, though.

The 3rd eye can open dependent upon various causes and conditions. Dependent origination still holds water.

Why do you keep flogging the "dependent origination" horse? You seem to have a Buddhist lens on, and you can't understand that not everybody agrees with you. I don't think it applies here.

There are different ideas out there, but the one I liked from Healing with Form says that throat to crown is earth element, heart is space, navel is fire, secret chakra is water and wind is through the whole body (or maybe solar plexus).

There is something to be said about the third eye being related to the heart, though.

Yes, the Buddhist conception is that none of the elements nor chakras are static. It's all relative to what your particular goals are. You can do many different things with the energy centers as they are not static poles of power, bur rather relative modes of mind or personal energy.

Why do you keep flogging the "dependent origination" horse? You seem to have a Buddhist lens on, and you can't understand that not everybody agrees with you. I don't think it applies here.

Why because fixed concepts tend to only mess up ones mind! :lol:

Or you develop some irrational concept of how things work, become aloof or both :)

Okay ill leave this thread alone.

Edited by TheWhiteRabbit

Good... good. Thanks for trying.

What I meant is that every chakra predominantly vibrates with one or the other elements. The 5 elements in traditional Indian thought is ether/space, air, water, fire, earth. The 3rd eye or ajna chakra is considered connected to endless and limitless space or ether which is why the 3rd eye is associated with transcendent knowledge of inter-dimensional objects. For example; spirits, auras, other realms, parallel universes... etc. So by contemplating how space permeates everything equally, and how everything is merely space manifest in a kind of sense, one's mind stretches beyond it's parochial concerns into more cosmic, or expanded states of knowing. Knowledge beyond 3 dimensions is available for one who contemplates the nature of space and successfully opens the 3rd eye.

What I mean when I say that it is all connected to the 5 senses, is that seeing through the 3rd eye is merely expanding the experience of the 5 senses. One has clairaudience (hearing beyond the physical), clairvoyance (seeing beyond the physical), so on and so forth for all the other senses.

In terms of contemplating space time, I think you are engaging in a circular argument. You have a preconceived ideology of space time and seek to prove it by contemplation. Further, space is not what you think and may not permeate everything equally.

It is space that is expanding since the big bang. Further, if space permeated all things equally, then matter would be uniformly distributed throughout the cosmos. I don't believe there is evidence for that.

Maybe Seeker can enlighten us on that.

ralis

Edited by ralis

In terms of contemplating space time, I think you are engaging in a circular argument. You have a preconceived ideology of space time and seek to prove it by contemplation. Further, space is not what you think and may not permeate everything equally.

ralis

No, there is beyond space, which is why there is the Crown chakra, or Sahasarara.

Other than this... I have my experiences that are backed up by yogis of antiquity. So, I'll go with that. Anything that exists within relation to experience through any of the physical or psychic senses exists in one dimension of space or another.

:lol:

It is space that is expanding since the big bang. Further, if space permeated all things equally, then matter would be uniformly distributed throughout the cosmos. I don't believe there is evidence for that.

ralis

Yes, you are talking about physical space. I am not referring to merely physical space. But the space of the 6 realms and 31 planes which includes this physical realm. I am basically referring to infinite space. The space of the mind can transcend the physical space of this particular physical universe.

Edited by Vajrahridaya

Looks interesting. I like the idea of merging the heart with the 3rd eye as well, as ones sense of transcendent love and compassion or the 4 immeasurables/brahmaviharas will expand beyond the mere physical realm into endless space or vice versa, and one will be able to have compassion in subtler states of consciousness including and during experiences as mundane as the dream realms. Of course the dream realm also does not have to be limited to mundane reflections if you are akin to spiritual contemplation and experience.

No, there is beyond space, which is why there is the Crown chakra, or Sahasarara.

Other than this... I have my experiences that are backed up by yogis of antiquity. So, I'll go with that. Anything that exists within relation to experience through any of the physical or psychic senses exists in one dimension of space or another.

:lol:

Beyond space? What does that mean? Must be fluidic space or maybe the singularity before the big bang? Fluidic space is from several episodes in "Star Trek Voyager" where these dinosaur or lizard like creatures live. They were the greatest enemies of the "Borg". Is that your home? :lol:

You believe we live in one dimension? Certainly no one debating on this thread believes that!

ralis

Edited by ralis