ralis

Third Eye

No, there is beyond space, which is why there is the Crown chakra, or Sahasarara.

Other than this... I have my experiences that are backed up by yogis of antiquity. So, I'll go with that. Anything that exists within relation to experience through any of the physical or psychic senses exists in one dimension of space or another.

:lol:

ooh, you're just so darn special!!! It's amazing that your experiences are just unfolding one after another to back up the Buddhism you're learning about! Just like that, and now you're in line with all the yogi's of antiquity! Special!! You've convinced me, it must be true!! We should just hang it up now, and follow behind you. Hey, if you're getting these same lessons in your meditation, then everyone else must be off the mark.Keep meditating...no surprises, now! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by TheSongsofDistantEarth

Beyond space? What does that mean? Must be fluidic space or maybe the singularity before the big bang? Fluidic space is from several episodes in "Star Trek Voyager" where these dinosaur or lizard like creatures live. They were the greatest enemies of the "Borg".

You believe we live in one dimension? Certainly no one debating on this thread believes that!

ralis

How many times have I mentioned multi-dimensional throughout my time here? With all your arguments against my statements, you sure don't have much of a memory of what you were arguing against. :lol: :lol: :lol:

But, at the same time, all dimensions of space are all connected, inter-dependent and empty of inherent existence, transcending both ideas of one or multiple. This is the blast off experience of the sahasarara transcending space, time, and notions of any sort.

Yes, you are talking about physical space. I am not referring to merely physical space. But the space of the 6 realms and 31 planes which includes this physical realm. I am basically referring to infinite space. The space of the mind can transcend the physical space of this particular physical universe.

Let's get back to the third eye discussion. If you don't mind disposing of your abstract explanations and offer concrete explanations as opposed to imposing your larger than life view of yourself!

ralis

How many times have I mentioned multi-dimensional throughout my time here? With all your arguments against my statements, you sure don't have much of a memory of what you were arguing against. :lol: :lol: :lol:

But, at the same time, all dimensions of space are all connected, inter-dependent and empty of inherent existence, transcending both ideas of one or multiple. This is the blast off experience of the sahasarara transcending space, time, and notions of any sort.

Without spacetime, those other dimensions would not exist. Further a dimension by definition, must have measurable characteristics. Space provides those relationships. Therefor, you have not transcended spacetime.

ralis

Edited by ralis

Without spacetime, those other dimensions would not exist. Further a dimension by definition, must have measurable characteristics. Space provides those relationships. Therefor, you have not transcended spacetime.

ralis

:lol: Never mind ralis. You should have put me on ignore loooong ago and left it at that.

All dimensions of experience exist within space and time. I'm talking about transcending experience, experiencer and experienced. So... no... conventionally speaking, "I" did not transcend space-time.

:lol: Never mind ralis. You should have put me on ignore loooong ago and left it at that.

All dimensions of experience exist within space and time. I'm talking about transcending experience, experiencer and experienced. So... no... conventionally speaking, "I" did not transcend space-time.

:lol:Special!!! :lol: You should have put yourself on ignore and just attained the Rainbow Body loooong ago! :lol:

Edited by TheSongsofDistantEarth

:lol:Special!!! :lol: You should have put yourself on ignore and just attained the Rainbow Body loooong ago! :lol:

:lol: Not including the sarcastic intention... this is quite funny! Which is why of those that scorn my presence here. I more prefer your version of scornful commentary which at least includes some creative comedy. :)

The pineal gland sits in the 3rd. ventricle between the two hemispheres of the brain. Several names are give: Crystal Cave, Cave of Brahma etc. When the 3rd. eye is active, I wonder if the brain achieves a greater degree of neuroplasticity and the brain functions on more optimal levels.

ralis

:lol: Not including the sarcastic intention... this is quite funny! Which is why of those that scorn my presence here. I more prefer your version of scornful commentary which at least includes some creative comedy. :)

Are you absolutely certain?

ralis

The part V is right about is the multidimensionality of things. However from the writing it sounds more like from a book.

If ones awareness is gradulally raised a person becomes aware of this. The awareness tends to defy some logic. That is where the lack of understanding occurs. This also contributes to the erroneous logic sometimes applied to the subject and the degree of strange ideas that people develop along with delusions.

Some time back i used to try to preach about how to do this or that. When it comes down to it most were not aware enough to know. So it only became a way to become frustrated about the subject. People who are aware of certain things will always seem to clash with people who can not "get their head around" another persons experiences of something.

If you theorize in an armchair, like I have seen people do in spirituality circles or in taoist or buddhist circles you dont get anywhere. That is why you will find so much bickering on these subjects.

EDIT: Some parts of the energetic world dont really have any time. A better way to describe it would be a type of time Dilation

You have to keep that concept in mind when working with higher energy that time doesnt exist in the awareness of that type of reality.

I will finally try to stay away from this topic.

Be kind and let live, give concepts that have worked and dont judge others.

Pink Light

Edited by TheWhiteRabbit

Let's get back to the third eye discussion.

Yes, lets do that :)

Be kind and let live, give concepts that have worked and dont judge others.

_/\_ Pink light

The part V is right about is the multidimensionality of things. However from the writing it sounds more like from a book.

From a book? HA! If you only knew the truth my dear. I live constantly dealing with non-physical experiences. I wish it were only from a book, I would only desire mundane answers to mundane questions, due to limiting mundane experiences. I speak about 3rd eye opening because my 3rd eye has been opened.

I have experienced what you are talking about with time dilation. Where it seems one is reading past and future events in the seeming now. This can be discombobulating at first and lead to mind scattering. I have found that mantra is the greatest friend, just repeating it in layers and following it deep into my own consciousness, subtler and subtler offers so much protection from all that seeming chaos that can happen when the 3rd eye starts to open more and more. Having self compassion is deeply key here as one's unlocked inner secrets will come to light and not all of it will be wondrously cute, furry, cuttley care bear stuff. Though... at the same time, plenty of it will be as well. Very beautiful! :D

I recommend just breath meditation and not really trying anything per say. It will all happen naturally in my opinion.

Oh.

"earth" - "water" - "fire" - "wind" - "void" - frequencies ?

Yeah I keep seeing them stacked like that from "lower" to "higher" (no moral judgement here) or in Taoist 5E they have a different relationship and the systems are more connected. I'm not sure there are even chakras in there? I think there are dantiens which are sort of big chakras.

Anyway, IMO (and small experience) chakras (and elements) are a mnemonic system that may or may not have actual "connections" to other parts of "reality" - depending on whatever that is.

I agree that it's a great meditation system and the associations that flow out of it are awesome. If you read my thread, I got direct connections with different animals at 2 chakras - and who's to say I didn't really connect? You'd have to ask the elephant and the whale.

What's way more cool is if the associations (animals for example) are consistent - even in people who would never have seen the actual animals themselves. But there's big problem with that due to people's tendency to want to validate their experience.

From a book? HA! If you only knew the truth my dear. I live constantly dealing with non-physical experiences. I wish it were only from a book, I would only desire mundane answers to mundane questions, due to limiting mundane experiences. I speak about 3rd eye opening because my 3rd eye has been opened.

Do you want to know why what you say sounds like it is from a book? Because I dont hear any specific experiences from you. Even though experiences are somewhat different is some ways from person to person there are still many things that remain the same. Just in case there was any question whatsoever. I may sound arrogant, but im not obsessed with my 3rd eye either.

I have experienced what you are talking about with time dilation. Where it seems one is reading past and future events in the seeming now.

Ah okay *secret handshake* *goes separate ways*.

This can be discombobulating at first and lead to mind scattering.

You are doing it wrong then. Calmness of mind is needed.

I have found that mantra is the greatest friend, just repeating it in layers and following it deep into my own consciousness, subtler and subtler offers so much protection from all that seeming chaos that can happen when the 3rd eye starts to open more and more.

There is no chaos, you just have to be able to set your intention on what you are looking for. Otherwise you can get anything.

Having self compassion is deeply key here as one's unlocked inner secrets will come to light and not all of it will be wondrously cute, furry, cuttley care bear stuff. Though... at the same time, plenty of it will be as well. Very beautiful! :D

It is better to have compassion for ones fellow human beings. Which is why I asked before about your opinions on the bodhisattva vows just to see how you would respond. You may be Buddhist, but most of the Buddhist I know dont throw stones.

I recommend just breath meditation and not really trying anything per say. It will all happen naturally in my opinion.

Have you ever hear of a guy on the forum named RJ? He was a real jokester and liked playing around with people. Besides that his energy was high, maybe not as high as someone I met last year but it was considerable. I dont know what made me say that.

Today I was harsh with you. Tomorrow I will probably jest with you. Life is full of surprises. Either way I gotta stay outta this thread.

Peace and Pink Light my friend.

Do you want to know why what you say sounds like it is from a book? Because I dont hear any specific experiences from you. Even though experiences are somewhat different is some ways from person to person there are still many things that remain the same. Just in case there was any question whatsoever. I may sound arrogant, but im not obsessed with my 3rd eye either.

I have noticed his writing style changes as if it were from different books. I agree that the process should not be disturbing and if so then there are blockages in the nadis that need to be addressed.

ralis

Will you be more specific as opposed to being elusive?

ralis

Is being very sensitive to other people's energy / emotional state a third eye issue or something eles, because I am extremely sensitve to other peoples emotions, and I wish I knew a way to shield myself somehow because I don't like it.

Is being very sensitive to other people's energy / emotional state a third eye issue or something eles, because I am extremely sensitve to other peoples emotions, and I wish I knew a way to shield myself somehow because I don't like it.

Yeah -- typically the training to open the third eye is done in isolation, with an energy master, or in a monastery, etc. where the other males are training as well.

So when I did my training I was in graduate school, I had my own room, I was on a special diet -- I had been vegan for years and then I switched to a salt-free diet -- so it was very strict. I was meditating 6 hours a day -- and then I was just reading meditation books. I had very little interaction with other people and as my energy developed I definitely noticed I was more aware of other people's emotional blockages and energy blockages -- and as I stated this awareness increased in my practice.

As for the pressure in your head -- when the third eye opens up then the pressure releases through the transmission of energy out of the third eye.

That's the macrocosmic orbit -- there is a continual flow of energy out of the third eye and then energy back into the body through the perineum.

Chunyi Lin was asked how can he deal with constantly taking on people's energy blockages -- constantly healing people, being aware of their illnesses, etc. Chunyi Lin said he just goes "deeper into his heart" for stronger energy.

That's how the full lotus works as well - the heart is the pivot point for a cycling of energy which is impersonal -- so while there might be pain there is also increased bliss as well as deeper love.

So I just sit in full lotus and rely on the full lotus -- the energy is from the impersonal resonance of complementary opposites as an infinite process.

Then when we rely on this process of complementary opposites resonance -- the solutions are given to us from the consciousness itself which self-organizes. That's why meditation appears to be very simple yet is very profound and powerful -- there is an always new and always fresh level of information.

Right now we just entered the full moon energy -- yesterday was the strongest and then three days after the full moon will be strongest again.

Still to open up the third eye there has to be an accumulation of jing energy -- it takes a lot of jing energy to open the third eye. This is why Vivekananda stated that spirituality is just sublimated sex energy.

So the energy can either be transmitted out of the person as healing chi energy from the jing energy -- or you can keep storing up the chi energy into shen spirit energy which will open up the third eye to a greater level and open up the heart even further.

Eating food also becomes an energy blockage at the advanced stages as well -- so when we eat food it slows down the energy in the third eye since all the blood creating the pressure has to go back to the stomach. That's why qigong masters rarely eat food -- the "modified bigu" diet means fasting one day a week and then eating one little veggie meal a day. But for the third eye training with the increased shen spirit energy -- then there's no food, no water and no sleep taken in.

The goal is to have a "permanent center of gravity" in the middle of the brain -- which again is a permanent electromagnetic bliss in the center of the brain. The third eye can then sense where other people have their electromagnetic center of gravity.

http://qigongmaster.com is where Chunyi Lin did his 49 day cave meditation -- of no food, no sleep and water -- just full lotus.

But this "seven week" third eye meditation -- with no food, no water and no sleep -- is also described in the book "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" translated by Charles Luk.

Edited by drewhempel

Yeah -- typically the training to open the third eye is done in isolation, with an energy master, or in a monastery, etc. where the other males are training as well.

So when I did my training I was in graduate school, I had my own room, I was on a special diet -- I had been vegan for years and then I switched to a salt-free diet -- so it was very strict. I was meditating 6 hours a day -- and then I was just reading meditation books. I had very little interaction with other people and as my energy developed I definitely noticed I was more aware of other people's emotional blockages and energy blockages -- and as I stated this awareness increased in my practice.

As for the pressure in your head -- when the third eye opens up then the pressure releases through the transmission of energy out of the third eye.

That's the macrocosmic orbit -- there is a continual flow of energy out of the third eye and then energy back into the body through the perineum.

Chunyi Lin was asked how can he deal with constantly taking on people's energy blockages -- constantly healing people, being aware of their illnesses, etc. Chunyi Lin said he just goes "deeper into his heart" for stronger energy.

That's how the full lotus works as well - the heart is the pivot point for a cycling of energy which is impersonal -- so while there might be pain there is also increased bliss as well as deeper love.

So I just sit in full lotus and rely on the full lotus -- the energy is from the impersonal resonance of complementary opposites as an infinite process.

Then when we rely on this process of complementary opposites resonance -- the solutions are given to us from the consciousness itself which self-organizes. That's why meditation appears to be very simple yet is very profound and powerful -- there is an always new and always fresh level of information.

Right now we just entered the full moon energy -- yesterday was the strongest and then three days after the full moon will be strongest again.

Still to open up the third eye there has to be an accumulation of jing energy -- it takes a lot of jing energy to open the third eye. This is why Vivekananda stated that spirituality is just sublimated sex energy.

So the energy can either be transmitted out of the person as healing chi energy from the jing energy -- or you can keep storing up the chi energy into shen spirit energy which will open up the third eye to a greater level and open up the heart even further.

Eating food also becomes an energy blockage at the advanced stages as well -- so when we eat food it slows down the energy in the third eye since all the blood creating the pressure has to go back to the stomach. That's why qigong masters rarely eat food -- the "modified bigu" diet means fasting one day a week and then eating one little veggie meal a day. But for the third eye training with the increased shen spirit energy -- then there's no food, no water and no sleep taken in.

The goal is to have a "permanent center of gravity" in the middle of the brain -- which again is a permanent electromagnetic bliss in the center of the brain. The third eye can then sense where other people have their electromagnetic center of gravity.

http://qigongmaster.com is where Chunyi Lin did his 49 day cave meditation -- of no food, no sleep and water -- just full lotus.

But this "seven week" third eye meditation -- with no food, no water and no sleep -- is also described in the book "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" translated by Charles Luk.

Should all the energy accumulated in the head be brought down to the lower dantien for cultivation purposes?

ralis

Should all the energy accumulated in the head be brought down to the lower dantien for cultivation purposes?

ralis

Yeah that's why the "small universe" or microcosmic orbit is the foundational practice -- I used the practice tape -- now sold as a c.d. for $11 -- Level one sitting meditation -- which has the 1/2 small universe track:

http://www.springforestqigong.com/instructional_tools.htm

But then when the macrocosmic orbit state is reached the cycling of energy goes on outside the body as well. So then there's retreats to further build up the energy.

At first the person needs 3 months with no external fluid emissions -- to build up the jing energy to create enough chi to open up the third eye.

Then there's the week long fasting for the final breakthrough to "lay the foundation" -- or open up the third eye -- this is called "achievement of cessation" in Theravada Buddhism -- the week of just meditation -- no food, next to no water.

After that traditionally the person would then work on the other two "kayas" -- in solitude in a cave -- but it's not necessary -- you can also do healing in the mundane world. Healing does not accumulate the energy in the lower tan tien but it heals others while also maintaining your own health -- as the energy just cycles impersonally -- again through the complementary opposites.

So with the third eye open any blockage from emotions around you is apparent -- also any internal food blockages. That's why there has to be the "modified bigu" state after that. Of course if you have an energy master constantly transmitting the shen into you then you can continue to further open up the third eye while still in mundane reality -- to fully open up the third eye.

That's the "alchemical agent" state described in Taoist Yoga -- the Dharmakaya is also called seeing the Original Face or seeing the Moon -- but it's just the first half of the alchemical agent. So there has to be more storing up of chi to create stronger shen from the jing -- for real astral travel. If there is astral travel before the shen is strong enough then the spacetime vortex just creates dizziness. These are the issues of chapters 9 to 11 in "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" -- the first one is making sure not to lose the alchemical agent through any type of sex emission. The 2nd is making sure the chi doesn't get stuck in the head and also making sure not to use the spiritual powers -- as will be very tempting -- and so that level of training requires a special situation to further open up the third eye.

That's why Bodri and Nan state that the microcosmic orbit path of "esoteric yoga" is very effective and fast but also very specialized, requiring an energy master to supervise the practice. Also Bodri and Nan state that any practice of emitting chi and then taking in jing energy is just a type of pollution -- no different than phlegm or excrement. So their focus is on nirvikalpa samadhi state -- to get to the Dharmakaya -- and then to keep going in solitude, as Nan did his training as a 3 year hermit meditation.

Should a person build up their jing before doing small universe or should they do it even if they are low on jing from recent over ejaculation?

Drew continuing thanks for all your wonderful answers to my questions.

I got another one. Based upon my limited understanding of the heart, heart center, heart chakra, middle dan tien (I'm not sure how connected or not they all are) I think I'm beginning to have issues with this area now, with the associated emotions ect... Thoughts?

What's way more cool is if the associations (animals for example) are consistent - even in people who would never have seen the actual animals themselves. But there's big problem with that due to people's tendency to want to validate their experience.

When my heart center opened, I found that I was more able to be sensitive to all living beings feelings and be empathetic towards them on an intuitive level. I have experienced direct communication with animals after 3rd eye opening, but I wasn't sure if I was merely channeling an outside spirit or hearing another psychics thought waves through the animal as I was translating everything I felt the animals were thinking into English, so it sounds far fetched to me, even though there were actions that were serendipitous to what I was hearing. I had an x-girlfriend who could control animals with her thoughts... she was pretty dark in her magic though and not at all interested in enlightenment. This was many years ago and she refused me to talk about enlightenment theories in front of her. She had amazing seduction powers though, and I was a fool. :lol:

You are doing it wrong then. Calmness of mind is needed.

Mantra is deeply calming. I'm talking about when it first started happening, I started freaking out a bit. Seeing through walls, hearing thoughts, smelling things from a distance, etc. I thought I was bonkers, even though the texts I was reading talked about such things. Reading about and experiencing directly was entirely different. Plus I was able to actually feel another persons feelings so acutely at first, even if they were sick. Being able to see inside a person, or see their various spirits around them, dark or light, or both, or in-between... etc. At first it was a bombardment that kept me up at night. Hearing the thoughts of people in cars passing by the house late at night. I had to leave the urban life for a while and just focus on practice and intense mantra. I've calmed down now and am more able to control it. I've acclimatized more, even if far from mastered anything.

There is no chaos, you just have to be able to set your intention on what you are looking for. Otherwise you can get anything.

Exactly.

It is better to have compassion for ones fellow human beings. Which is why I asked before about your opinions on the bodhisattva vows just to see how you would respond. You may be Buddhist, but most of the Buddhist I know dont throw stones.

You can't have compassion for others unless you have compassion for yourself first. I'm also not a believer in doormat compassion though. I will protect myself, even if I genuinely feel care for the person wishing me harm. The hardest thing to do is to enact violence even if it's necessary. I do my Bodhisattva vows, the version where I vow to attain enlightenment for all sentient beings, every time I sit for practice. I have not mastered that either though. -_-

Have you ever hear of a guy on the forum named RJ? He was a real jokester and liked playing around with people. Besides that his energy was high, maybe not as high as someone I met last year but it was considerable. I dont know what made me say that.

Today I was harsh with you. Tomorrow I will probably jest with you. Life is full of surprises. Either way I gotta stay outta this thread.

Peace and Pink Light my friend.

Ok... I've noticed pink light. I prefer the blue though, lapiz lazuli, it's more calming and integrated in my opinion and experience. This is also what my various lineage masters have taught as well.

Anyhow... Pink light to you as well!

P.S. I don't know RJ, but that sounds like fun.

Edited by Vajrahridaya