ralis

Third Eye

People have been poisoned

so much. Every person that you see overweight (overfat) is overweight (overfat)

because of poisonings. It ain't a calorie surplus. The fat is created to get

toxic substances away from the body.

Interesting view, but maybe at least not the whole truth. It just doesn't match up with my observations.

Take for example a very healthy actor who needs to gain weight for a role. He eats huge amounts of ice cream and becomes overweight as required for the role. Poisons in the ice cream? Or in his body? Then what does the body do with poisons when they are not stored as fat?

Then there's me. I can eat sweets all day, super-greasy-fatty food, but won't gain weight. It will show on my skin, though. So apparently my body just doesn't have the tendency to store fat. Does that mean that my body doesn't hold much poison? How can that be considering an unhealthy diet?

In short, it seems quite apparent that some bodies just have the tendency to store fat and some don't, independent from probable poison intake.

Interesting in this context is that when my mother was pregnant with me, she ate lots of sweets. Looks like a natural specialization and adaptation process.

Hey Drew

I've been loving your advice, and am grateful for it. I got a couple other questions. Is half lotus still beneficial even if less so? because I can do that quite a bit longer than a full lotus. Also what about standing meditation? Can that do the same thing, or is it different? I had tried doing it for a few months because I heard all the ranting and raving about it, but I don't know, maybe I was doing something wrong, but I found that when I got up to about 15 min of standing in the "hold the ball" position that afterwards I would be more emotionally agitated, irritable, ect.. Not sure why, but I stopped it because of that. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on that, as well as in regard to half lotus. Thanks

Oh a couple other things I forgot to mention. I've also been attempting the MCO but can't seem to get the chi to rise past the sacrum??? Also the full lotus is great for reducing desire as you stated, but does it also make .. er. "mr. happy" smaller?

Oh a couple other things I forgot to mention. I've also been attempting the MCO but can't seem to get the chi to rise past the sacrum??? Also the full lotus is great for reducing desire as you stated, but does it also make .. er. "mr. happy" smaller?

The standing active exercises work to increase the jing energy through the bending of the knees, the shaking, and the yin/yang resonance between the upper/lower body and right/left hands. So at first there is a three to one ratio of standing to the sitting passive exercise. But the sitting exercise is focused on uniting the chi of the brain with the jing of the lower body, thereby increasing the chi and then storing it in the lower body. The key to the small universe exercise is relaxation of the body with concentration of the mind and so with the body relaxed then the jing can flow up through the sacrum through the kidney and up into the brain.

While the small universe exercise on its own can take a person to the most advanced stages it needs to be done in a harmonized environment whereas the full lotus will close off the lower gates of energy loss (from up to down loss) and also the full lotus will open up the sacrum channel and open up the third eye. So the energy is going in through the perineum and out through the third eye. The sacrum and the lower back is the key channel that needs to be stretched open which is what the full lotus does -- this lower back blockage was called the "kundabuffer" by Gurdjieff -- a crucial concept of Gurdjieff is that modern people are controlled by their kundabuffer, this lower back blockage.

So the half lotus does not really stretch open the sacrum because you're not getting the complementary opposite resonance of both feet on both thighs -- still the half lotus definitely does some stretching, just as sitting with a straight spine, yet in a relaxed mode also enables the energy flow up through the sacrum.

As for Mr. Happy -- this is an experiential learning -- essentially when the body is full of jing then Mr. Happy will be, although relaxed, still full and large -- and also the voice will be deep and full. At the same time this stage of full jing means two things -- 1) the jing at night will be deconverted back into sex fluid and lost (or used for sex, etc.) or 2) the jing will be converted into chi and then safely stored in the lower tan tien as the shen spirit energy pill. The experiential learning is how to balance this dynamic in terms of physical exercise, food intake, emotional blockages which then affect the shen/spirit level of mind emptiness for meditation, also the sleeping posture, how much heat at night, the lunar cycle, etc. That's why the "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" book devotes quite a bit of focus on how to safely convert the jing into chi and shen for sleeping -- and, yes, "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" states that Mr. Happy will naturally go back into the body at advanced stage of practice.

In terms of tantra -- which is the practice on a more worldly level -- well there's various ways to restore the fullness of Mr. Happy -- obviously from food -- especially meat -- but also if the energy transmission is studied well enough then when the chi energy is "lost" -- i.e. transmitted to another person -- at the same time that person's life force jing energy can be taken back into the full lotus vortex through the perineum, then the jing is harmonized or converted back into chi energy. So when this cycle is happening in real time you can be transmitting chi but also taking in jing -- so that you have the fullness of Mr. Happy while also the fullness of the chi energy.

So, as I stated, when a female climaxes she actually releases testosterone as jing energy -- and if the female is young and healthy this is a lot of jing energy. So, instead of relying on food to restore the jing as the fullness of Mr. Happy -- in fact the mutual climax with a female through tantra will actually create an excellent source of jing energy.

But, at the same time, that jing energy still has to be converted again into chi and shen energy -- and while it is still jing energy then it will be easily perceived by pervs, creating a Perv Attack. The pervs are on the look out for strong jing energy because that's the lower frequency of energy they're focused on to deconvert into ejaculations. The pervs are confused by the chi energy since it's at a higher frequency then their level of perception. So if the Perv tries to deconvert your chi back into sex fluids but the perv loses and can't do it then their own sex energy will get converted to their liver, causing the perv to get anger.

Anyway the more chi that is stored then the stronger attraction it creates to females -- and anyone needing the chi energy -- and so at that point the focus is on how to "control" the chi energy, by keeping it stored in the lower tan tien. Chunyi Lin stated that at first, when he was learning to control his chi energy, he could not wear watches because the watches would always break. Still at the advanced stage of practice you want to have a harmonized environment to practice in -- unfortunately in modern times there's tons of pervs or people victimized by pervs -- and there's pollution of the environment, and the male/female dynamics are more physical instead of spiritual, etc. So I never got the stage where I was able to keep increasing the storage of my chi energy and instead I just keep cycling the chi through external third eye transmissions and then taking in new jing energy through the perineum or be converting food.

Also at the level of the third eye transmissions the energy channels have to be really pure -- so since I rely on food for my jing energy then I'm constantly dealing with energy blockages from impure food. So I have this magnetic bliss in the center of my brain which I can transmit but I am also off-gassing or leaching toxins out of my brain as the impure jing energy from food. So Chunyi Lin says that in qigong you have to eat only till 70% full and to eat pure food -- or else the food "goes to your head."

Whereas sex energy as jing energy is a pure source of jing energy. Ideally if enough chi is converted to shen energy then the third eye can be fully opened and then you can recharge the jing energy from the shen energy directly -- but this also requires having the shen energy stored up in the lower tan tien. This is described in "Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality" as bringing up the shen spirit from the lower tan tien -- up to the third eye to "SUCK" for more shen energy -- as if your third eye spirit is breast-feeding on the Emptiness. haha. So the shen then cycles back into jing energy and when the shen is intense enough from combining with the jing energy then another physical "yang shen" body is formed.

Edited by drewhempel

...Also what about standing meditation? Can that do the same thing, or is it different? I had tried doing it for a few months because I heard all the ranting and raving about it, but I don't know, maybe I was doing something wrong, but I found that when I got up to about 15 min of standing in the "hold the ball" position that afterwards I would be more emotionally agitated, irritable, ect.. Not sure why, but I stopped it because of that.

Since (to my knowledge) that posture helps opening the heart, maybe what you experience are heart-related issues that you should not put away, but freely live them in order to heal them. Or maybe your heart just became more receptive and you have to get used to that state.

So then around the same time when I sat in full lotus the whole room would spin around me as a spacetime vortex -- and that's when I had a nirvikalpa samadhi type (in Taoism it's just called Emptiness or in Buddhism it's called Dharmakaya) experience.

The experience of Dharmakaya is different from the transcendent extreme of nirvikalpa samadhi.

They are not the same experience. Nirvikalpa Samadhi is an experience of transcendent faceless consciousness. Dharmakaya is an experience of integrating emptiness with every aspect of being from conscious to sub-conscious, where the unconscious becomes completely illuminated through insight into dependent origination, not due to a focusing samadhi where one harnesses ones consciousness into self transcendence. It's not the result of meditative samadhi or a focusing technique. The intention is different when the term is used in Buddhist texts.

Nirvikalpa Samadhi is equivalent to what the Buddha talked about in the 4 formless samadhi/jhana or meditative states of absorption.

The experience of Dharmakaya is different from the transcendent extreme of nirvikalpa samadhi.

They are not the same experience. Nirvikalpa Samadhi is an experience of transcendent faceless consciousness. Dharmakaya is an experience of integrating emptiness with every aspect of being from conscious to sub-conscious, where the unconscious becomes completely illuminated through insight into dependent origination, not due to a focusing samadhi where one harnesses ones consciousness into self transcendence. It's not the result of meditative samadhi or a focusing technique. The intention is different when the term is used in Buddhist texts.

Nirvikalpa Samadhi is equivalent to what the Buddha talked about in the 4 formless samadhi/jhana or meditative states of absorption.

I started this thread and it is not about Buddhism! Certainly not about dependent origination. If you have something constructive to add, then add it.

ralis

Yeah, like ralis said. Now scram, kid, go play in the street! ^_^

Yeah, like ralis said. Now scram, kid, go play in the street! ^_^

Tweedle dee and tweedle dum. Tag team!! YEAH!!

People should not be confused about the term Dharmakaya and what it really means. Drew mentioned it. So I will correct his mis-assumption. It doesn't matter who started this thread.

Same goes for ralis, the other side of the same wooden coin.

I started this thread and it is not about Buddhism! Certainly not about dependent origination. If you have something constructive to add, then add it.

ralis

:P

People should not be confused about the term Dharmakaya and what it really means. Drew mentioned it. So I will correct his mis-assumption. It doesn't matter who started this thread.

How many times have you iterated your theories around dependent origination and other Buddhist ideological terms? You have posted 3096 times and the vast majority are redundant i.e, repeating the same blather ad nauseum. Further, your incessant need to correct and preach is not welcome here!

Most could care less about what any of the three Kaya's mean.

Would you care to really step up and be a part of this? Or, will you continue the Vajraji charade.

ralis

Edited by ralis

This entire thread and in particular Drew's thoughts have helped me refine my practice. Further, with Drew's explanations, I have a better understanding of the energetic aspects of my practice.

As usual, our resident preacher (Vajraji) has some need to disrupt this thread! :lol:

ralis

I've noticed an interesting sensation... For a little over a week now I have been doing sitting meditation in the lotus and half lotus, getting good results, but I have noticed something...

All my life I have had somewhat of a duck walk with my feet going out to the sides. Now sitting in either the lotus or half lotus position (being generally uncomfortable as it is anyhow) seems to be the most uncomfortable for me in my hip ball and socket joint, especially on the top part of it. When I get out of the sitting position its very sore and stiff and I sort of hobble around like a grandpa for a while, but I also notice that my feet are starting to walk more straight due to it and less of a duck walk.

Since my main motivation for doing the lotus position was to over come lustfull thoughts and compulsions, and since I believe a lot of these come from sacral chakra blockages, and since I think that the hips are related to the sacral chakra, I'm pondering if perhaps all this might be somehow connected....

Does a sacral charka balance result not only in the lustfull thoughts and feelings, but the duck walk and the stiff hip joint? I have always had a problem in Karate making my side kick high. I can kick high with other kicks, but I always get in trouble with side kicks, because I might intend to aim for the abdomen in sparring, but usually end up nailing my oppenent in the nuts unfortunately :-(. So anyways not to get off topic, but just wondering how much or not this might be interconnected?

I've noticed an interesting sensation... For a little over a week now I have been doing sitting meditation in the lotus and half lotus, getting good results, but I have noticed something...

All my life I have had somewhat of a duck walk with my feet going out to the sides. Now sitting in either the lotus or half lotus position (being generally uncomfortable as it is anyhow) seems to be the most uncomfortable for me in my hip ball and socket joint, especially on the top part of it. When I get out of the sitting position its very sore and stiff and I sort of hobble around like a grandpa for a while, but I also notice that my feet are starting to walk more straight due to it and less of a duck walk.

Since my main motivation for doing the lotus position was to over come lustfull thoughts and compulsions, and since I believe a lot of these come from sacral chakra blockages, and since I think that the hips are related to the sacral chakra, I'm pondering if perhaps all this might be somehow connected....

Does a sacral charka balance result not only in the lustfull thoughts and feelings, but the duck walk and the stiff hip joint? I have always had a problem in Karate making my side kick high. I can kick high with other kicks, but I always get in trouble with side kicks, because I might intend to aim for the abdomen in sparring, but usually end up nailing my oppenent in the nuts unfortunately :-(. So anyways not to get off topic, but just wondering how much or not this might be interconnected?

Can you just let the thoughts be i.e, neither good or bad. If you can accomplish that, there is a great deal of energy available. Also the more you push on what you believe is undesirable, the more energy it has.

So called lustful thoughts are only from social conditioning which are nothing more than the opinion of a particular group. Basically a trance.

ralis

{edit- stinging retort to Vajra reconsidered and removed- even though I was right, I decided

to leave the poor kid alone with his illusions}

have a nice day!

:)

Edited by TheSongsofDistantEarth

drew, can you elaborate on the pineal gland as being the seat of the third eye? I know Rick Strassman, a psychologist, has investigated the role of the DMT molecule that is capable of being manufactured in the pineal in times of extreme stress, such as at the time of death, or in exalted mystical states. I have always been fascinated by that peculiar dream-like state of shock that occurs when something dramatic and bad, like an accident has happened, I wonder if that is DMT mediated.

Having experienced DMT related realities by ingesting it by means of smoke, I experienced a profoundly intense rocketship into a rapidly shifting reality, that was actually terrifying for a few moments before it became blissful. The DMT induced visions tended to be infinite and repetitive, much like those Alex Gray paintings depicting internal realities...they are right on the money.

As an aside, there apparently has been research involving Fluoride being toxic to the pineal glands. Wouldn't that have been an epic tragedy if our capacity for mysticism and transcendence has been blocked or curtailed by the public "health" projects that fluoridated our water supplies?

Basically our thoughts -- our left-brain chatter -- is just a reflection of our emotional energy state -- and these electrochemical emotional blockages are, in turn, a reflection of our electromagnetic state. When we sit in full lotus the electrochemical energy is reversed and this reverses the electromagnetic energy which then empties out our brain -- turning the thoughts back into shen light spirit energy. Once the electrochemical blockage is gone then the thoughts are gone and the state of possession is over.

So with more practice you learn to read and feel where the electromagnetic essence is in the body -- for example the perv attack (which btw keeps happening on this thread!) -- the perv, as I stated, has the electromagnetic essence stuck in the lower chakra and so they lie and use whatever scam to hide this fact.

In other words - words are used more often to cover up the subconscious blockages. For pervs the blockage is conscious so the perv thinks they can lie to hide their true intentions -- and most people are fooled unfortunately while others get pissed off. Most people have lower emotional blockages but with left brain dominance (instead of the right brain dominance of the perv) the blockages are subconscious and then the electromagnetic center remains diffuse throughout the body.

If you study say Tom Brown on Native American shamanism and tracking -- it's emphasized to walk with the toes slightly pointed inwards. There's minor body language tips that indicate these disconnections with the subconscious emotions - we all have them to different degrees. For example eating with your mouth closed. Most people eat with their mouth closed -- it's either taught as polite or it just makes sense. Some people though like to smack their mouths -- why? -- Because their minds are so fixated on the material perception of taste and eating so their mind can not perceive the obnoxious sound of their mouth opening wide and their lips smacking. haha.

For the perv there is what I call the "bouncing leg epidemic" which is used as a means to desperately suck people off -- but the perv will also use reverse breathing, etc. As long as their electromagnetic essence is stuck in their lower chakra -- then that's who they are whether their left brain says so or not. They can lie to themselves and think they're in control, etc. but the perv is fixated on the electromagnetic essence creating external male ejaculations.

For me, I have the case where my molars don't meet on my right side and so I chew on my left side but then my front incisors will knock together while I'm chewing. I have big front teeth. I don't perceive this sound of my front teeth when I'm chewing -- because it's liking hearing your own voice which sounds different externally, on a recording. So I had a good friend at the University who studied qigong and advaita vedanta. One time I asked him -- what can he say to criticize me. Because in the midwest there's this "Minnesota Nice" culture where people are repressed. So I said - whatever comes to mind. He completely surprised me when he said that my front teeth make this noise when I'm eating. haha. I was very glad to get that feedback as I had not been aware of it.

Another obvious subconscious blockage is smell -- smell bypasses the prefrontal cortex conscious awareness and then smell is a quantum resonance perception. So the brain is trained to adjust to the quantum resonance and then the smell is no longer perceived at the classical sense of awareness -- the standard left brain perception. That's why the first breath on waking up in the theta mind dream perception can also smell ourselves but then the next breath the waking beta mind state blocks out the smell.

But the third eye then perceives smell as an electrochemical blockage called proprioreception -- it's the tingling sensation of an electrochemical blockage. So although I (my left brain awareness) can't smell myself, unless it's a new smell, I (my third eye) can perceive the electrochemical blockages, a tingling sensation, which would manifest as smell -- these are internal impurities from bad food.

When the third eye awareness gets really purified then it can smell cancer -- I had this perception of cancer smell once. When I went 8 days on just half a glass of water and I did qigong the whole time -- then I went to the Level three retreat led by Chunyi Lin. There was a big conference room filled with people but there was one man in front who smelled like death. I was truly amazed that no one else seemed to notice this person smelled so bad -- even though he was way on the other side of a huge room. I was farthest from him -- how could anyone even stand to be in the same room with him!! haha.

Then this man announced he had come up from Arizona just to get special healing from Chunyi Lin since he had a serious disease. Turned out his room was next to me and then after he got healing from Chunyi Lin he had sex with his girlfriend!! He wasted the qigong healing energy! haha. I could barely stand the smell of this men from the next room over -- yet his girlfriend could not smell him! haha. Anyway cancer smells like rotting flesh to the third eye perception when the energy channels are really open.

So for the third eye awareness there has to be a very pure internal cleansing which I often don't have from eating sugar, etc. Alcohol and vinegar are good antiseptics against sugar (the antiseptics clear out the smell blockage through the third eye internal proprioreceptive electrochemical tingling sensation). But more important is just to not eat any bad food -- this includes caffeine and even salt on an advanced level, not to mention meat, fried food, etc. So the real spiritual training is not really conducive to a material mundane reality -- taobums is a mundane reality. haha.

So anyway when we sit in full lotus the subconscious energy blockages are made apparent - which is preventative as the symptoms are not yet manifested strong enough to be conscious. This is a great thing -- for example I had a full time job as a relay operator for the deaf community so I had to type as fast as people talk. About half the workers wore braces on the wrist from carpal tunel. My girlfriend had a data job as well and so we both slept with wrist braces! haha. That was before I did qigong. So then I got workers comp for carpal tunel -- $600 -- and I went to S.F. to look for Effie P. Chow, qigong master!! haha.

Anyway my dad once asked me why I don't have carpal tunel as I'm always typing -- I took another data entry job which I did part-time for 10 years, etc. I told my dad it's because I sit in full lotus. My dad was immediately confused -- how could the position of my legs affect my wrists? haha.

Definitely the hips will loosen up amazingly from full lotus -- and that is the great secret. If I go a few hours without full lotus, if I'm digesting food, then my hips and sacrum, and the small of the back, start tightening up. So then when I go back into full lotus the bliss goes back up into my brain and it feels great and then the electromagnetic sensation in the third eye increases.

Qigong master Jim Nance, the assistant of Chunyi Lin, was a kung fu master back in the 1960s. Jim Nance is a big athletic African-American -- was a professional basketball player as well. Anyway so he always won his martial arts fights and he said he would see his opponent's moves before they happened! It was like in the Matrix -- how time slows down because your perceptions are faster in relation to time. The brain is processing information faster -- there's more conscious awareness of otherwise subconscious perceptions.

Even though Jim Nance always won -- after he won he always wept. So then this Chinese master came to witness their fighting and when Jim Nance wept after winning -- the Chinese master said that Jim Nance should learn "internal martial arts." Of course in the 1960s in the U.S. there were no internal martial arts masters to be known about -- and so thirty years later Jim Nance met Chunyi Lin.

Anyway Jim Nance would weep because when he perceived the other person's moves before they happened -- he was also perceiving and taking in the other person's emotions. So the energy is impersonal and flows into another person and then the electromagnetic field enables the third eye to process the other person's electrochemical blockages.

So when Jim Nance was fighting someone else he was really fighting himself. That's why qigong masters focus on healing and love -- because this division of self and other gets broken down.

Chunyi Lin has had students who increased their height -- after they had spent a life being way too short -- and even paralysis has been healed -- and so changing the bone and nerve structure is part of the qigong training. The skull bone gets soft and the skull will expand from the energy. haha. That's because Chunyi Lin does the laser or shen transmissions.

So with more practice you learn to read and feel where the electromagnetic essence is in the body -- for example the perv attack (which btw keeps happening on this thread!) -- the perv, as I stated, has the electromagnetic essence stuck in the lower chakra and so they lie and use whatever scam to hide this fact.

Drew,

I felt you last night. It's like you have hate for your lower chakras and you have so many mis-conceptions around sex that I doubt you would know how to be truly intimate with an actual female partner? It was like I was encased in this dark bubble of judgment by you on a psychic level. I used to be like this when I was as extremely into transcendence as you are. Just, up, up, up. You will become a god in a high realm, but that's not liberation.

It's sad, because in certain respects you do know what you are talking about, but it's mostly all quite subjective and limited to your own level of experiences, all of which I've had. All your energy is caught "up" and not very grounded. You are kind of stuck "up" in a way... which is better than being stuck "down", but your subconscious projections and judgments arising from your inability to really love your human nature blocks you.

I personally haven't even ejaculated for a number of days. I don't count the days because I'm able to bring the essence of the energy up to my head during orgasm, even if I let go of a little bit of sexual fluids as waste, thus I wake up after orgasm when most men get tired. Sex is not a block for me anymore, neither mentally nor spiritually. Me and my wife don't have sex every single day and go many days without being intimate. I also don't release much sexual fluid at all when I do orgasm, having long and strong elongated orgasms that fill my entire body due to the fact of practice. So... you my friend suffer from some aspects of schizophrenia. I remember when you were called out for many of your projections on me and CowTao and you stopped talking for a little while.

Drew, you are on a high horse of judgment and you don't really read as clearly as you think you do. You probably could use some real female intimacy in order to break free from your hate for your grounding and earthly chakras. Some great Masters actually recommend this to their students, in order to help the student get over many mental dogmas which you seem to worship as true spirituality.

EDIT: Due to your practice, your judgments and self limitations can be felt quite powerfully and are quite stressful to deal with especially since I am the focus of these judgments and since I have done much 3rd eye work and opening up. The only way out of your powerful projected judgment bubbles for me has been complete surrender to emptiness, then the experience of the tension is transformed into easy and soft energy, malleable instead of hard. Also your understanding of emptiness is equivalent to the meditative state of infinite space, or the ether that all things have their space in. This is not the same as Buddhist discussion or experience of emptiness in reference to dependent origination, just so that you are clear.

Edited by Vajrahridaya

When the third eye awareness gets really purified then it can smell cancer -- I had this perception of cancer smell once. When I went 8 days on just half a glass of water and I did qigong the whole time -- then I went to the Level three retreat led by Chunyi Lin. There was a big conference room filled with people but there was one man in front who smelled like death. I was truly amazed that no one else seemed to notice this person smelled so bad -- even though he was way on the other side of a huge room. I was farthest from him -- how could anyone even stand to be in the same room with him!! haha.

Are you sure you smell the cancer, or could it be that you just smell the general condition of bad health that can accompany cancer and might contribute to its occuring?

By the way... do you know about Dr. Ryke Geert Hamer? He had a theory - actually seems to have been verified - that cancer is a kind of emergency overreaction of the body, following a kind of emotional trauma. Quite interesting matter, and 'of course' he was hunt down and died in prison.

I would like some feedback on awakening the third eye.

ralis

Find yourself a good master who is not about money.

Kind Regards,

Xian

Proprioception different than what you stated, drew. did you mean something else? It means how the body is aware of itself, spatially. Smell is not proprioceptive.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_7687/is_20091214/ai_n45434823/

PROPRIOCEPTION

Proprioception originates from passive and active movement of muscles, joints, and tendons (Blanche & Schaaf, 2001). Sir Charles Bell called proprioception the "sixth sense," defining it as "perceived sensations about the static position or velocity of movement (whether imposed or voluntarily generated)" (McCloskey, 1988, p. 36). These sensations are sometimes differentiated into kinesthetic (conscious) and proprioceptive (unconscious) awareness of movement and body position, but for this article they will be referred to collectively as proprioception.

The new Brainport device (used by special forces) http://www.technovelgy.com/ct/Science-Fiction-News.asp?NewsNum=603 is a good way to understand proprioreception.

Veteran Navy Diver Michael Zinszer used it to sense compass direction and depth while in a swimming pool. He said it felt like having Pop Rocks candies on his tongue.

"You are feeling the outline of this image," he said. "I was in the pool, they were directing me to a very small object and I was able to locate everything very easily."

device-lets-blind-see-with-tongues_1.jpg

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=device-lets-blind-see-with-tongues

Seiple works with four patients who train with the BrainPort once a week and notes that his patients have learned how to quickly find doorways and elevator buttons, read letters and numbers, and pick out cups and forks at the dinner table without having to fumble around. "At first, I was amazed at what the device could do," he said. "One guy started to cry when he saw his first letter."

http://www.mechaps.com/cgi-bin/board/post.cgi?action=replyquote&forum=4&topic=258&postno=5

"You are feeling the outline of this image," Michael Zinszer, director of the Florida State University's Crime Scene Investigation School and an experienced diver, told the Associated Press after testing the system. "I was in the pool, they were directing me to a very small object, and I was able to locate everything very easily." He compared the tongue device to feeling tingly Pop Rocks candies.

Funded by the famed Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency -- most commonly known as DARPA -- the project also aims to enable infrared vision via the tongue, resulting in the appropriate tongue-twister of "infrared-tongue vision."

With infrared-tongue vision, divers, soldiers, or pilots could see behind themselves or move in the dark without night-vision goggles, according to project lead scientist Anil Raj.

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/future-warriors-to-taste-battlefield/8737-11.html

http://aintnogod.blogspot.com/2004_11_01_archive.html

The apparatus, called a BrainPort, worked beautifully. By "buzzing" her tongue once a day for 20 minutes, keeping the pulses centered, she regained normal vestibular function and was able to balance.....

"I have never seen any other device do what this one does," said Dr. F. Owen Black, an expert on vestibular disorders at the Legacy Clinical Research and Technology Center in Portland, Ore. "Our patients are begging us to continue using the device."

Dr. Maurice Ptito, a neuroscientist at University of Montreal School of Optometry, is conducting brain imaging experiments to explore how BrainPort works.

Dr. Eliana Sampaio, a neuroscientist at the National Conservatory of Arts and Métiers in Paris, is using the BrainPort to study brain plasticity. Sensory substitution is based on the idea that all sensory information entering the brain consists of patterns carried by nerve fibers....

Dr. Ptito is scanning the brains of congenitally blind people who, wearing the BrainPort, have learned to make out the shapes, learned from Braille, of capital letters like T, B or E. The first few times they wore the device, he said, their visual areas remained dark and inactive - not surprising since they had been blind since birth. But after training, he said, their visual areas lighted up when they used the tongue device. The study has been accepted for publication in the journal Brain.

It's the inner ear but it's also a tactile sensation (balance is multi-sensory) -- so through "sensory substition" the tongue takes the place of the vestibular nerve. Sensory substitution replaces any of the senses with the electromagnetic pulses from the electrochemical inputs -- http://www.sensorysubstitution.co.uk/ So just as the tongue is connected to smell through tactile taste, so too does the inner ear proprioception connect to the vagus nerve for the electrochemical smell perception via the third eye pineal gland. Or -- the brainport -- if you want to be wired into the matrix.

http://www.lariaminfo.org/pdfs/WaPo-McCredie-It-Just-Takes-Practice.pdf

http://discovermagazine.com/2008/jul/23-the-blind-climber-who-sees-through-his-tongue

Paul Bach-y-Rita, the cocreator of the system Weihenmayer is testing, challenged conventional wisdom when he proposed that “we see with the brain, not with the eyes.” He insisted that the brain was flexible enough to learn to interpret data coming in on a different kind of channel. Bach-y-Rita died in 2006, but Wicab— the company he cofounded in Middleton, Wisconsin, in 1998— continues to work on devices based on the idea that one sense can substitute for another. By 2004, Wicab had gained support for its research from the National Eye Institute, one of the federal agencies of the National Institutes of Health.

http://www.technewsworld.com/story/50153.html?wlc=1282514822

People see with the brain rather than the eyes, says Bach-y-Rita. The brain has the ability to adapt and decode transmitted pulses into visual information whether using eyesight or another sense to gather source material.

Building Super Warriors

A snake can smell with its forked tongue and hear with bones on the side of its head. Some snakes have infrared-sensitive receptors in the grooves between their eyes and nostrils that allow them to see radiated heat.

http://www.intellectica.org/archives/n40/6.Bach-y-Rita.pdf

http://www.seas.upenn.edu/~kuchenbe/pub/pdf/Kuchenbecker07-ICORR-Proprioceptive.pdf

This article states "as there is no universal definition for proprioception in the literature...." yet proprioception is the key to sensory substitution:

http://jodea.net/papers/senses-experience.html

A Proprioceptive Account of the Sense Modalities

(formerly "The Senses and the Structure of Experience")

John O’Dea

Abstract

....Employing J.J. Gibson’s distinction between exploratory and performatory behaviour, I point to a proprioceptive element in perceptual experience, and identify this as crucial in any account of what makes a particular way of perceiving a sense modality.

http://billangelos.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/06/coming-to-your-senses-part-two-adrift-in-the-psychodiaspora.html

In the case of the so-called BrainPort it's an electronic signal that originates outside the subject and is introduced tactiley - that is, through the sense of touch and more specifically through the tongue - which is also part of the largest "sense organ" - the skin. AND! It is the Senses that initially adjust as a result of the signal.The CNS and the Brain just do what the Senses tell them to do! In fact Paul's original paper about the phenomenon had the term "Sensory Plasticity" in its title, not "Brain Plasticity" or "Neuroplasticity". You can look it up for yourselves. The publication date was 1972.

And yet those individuals who are presently sitting in the catbord seat of mainstream Science - the neuroscientists - keep looking for answers in the Brain and the CNS for the causes of Autism, and Parkinson's and Alzheimer's and similar dysfunctions. But in each of these, it's the information acquired by the sensory systems or more correctly the perceptual systems that is being somehow blocked or disrupted in its attempts to reach the Brain and CNS.

The resulting suggestion - therefore - is this: It is a fact that Perceptual Systems are attention-based functions of the entire organism - not just a single part of it. If all of the dysfunctions mentioned above indicate a deterioration in the relationship between perceptual functions and the ultimate bodily actions which are presently (and erroneously) believed to be a product of only the Brain and the CNS, then perhaps what must be addressed - and possibly even be "re-educated"- is the relationship between the perceptions and the actions that are involved in the proper functioning of human beings. That's precisely what the Brainport does. And it is that relationship which deserves further study in the dysfunctions mentioned above, rather than just delving deeper and deeper into the myriad individual parts that are involved in the amazing, infinitely complex process we call life!....

Fast forward to Madison WI -2003. When the term proprioception suddenly took center stage I was reminded that Bohm had made the point that it was a capacity that could be accessed by both mind and body. If that capacity was the basis for some kind of learning, perhaps this was a key to understanding how it was possible for Paul’s invention to produce the mysterious “residual effect” of balance that subject’s using it were experiencing even after physically disengaging from it. Maybe some kind of learning was taking place.

This all took a while to percolate in my mind, until one day I mentioned it to Paul and we were suddenly off on a mutual quest in an entirely new direction -- to discover a "core mechanism” of his invention that might be the source of some kind of learning. If this was true,that's what enabled the subject to maintain their balance even after disengaging from the device--some form of learning was taking place. We soon also observed that this learning in the form of a residual or therapeutic effect was lasting for increasingly longer periods of time... much like the crawler eventually becomes a stable walker and then even a runner. After a few months of observing (and videotaping ) subjects, before, during and after their sessions with the device, I began writing a book about our observations.

Prompted by psychologist James J. Gibson’s radical re-interpretation of Proprioception, which rejected Physiology's generally accepted view of it as a purely physically-based phenomenon, I titled the book “The Proprioceptive Self” . When I showed the title and the first few pages of what I was writing to Paul, he responded more than approvingly -- he graciously asked if he could write the book with me; certainly validating the notion that this was a track worth pursuing. But life got in the way of us continuing on that track as a team.

Edited by drewhempel

Drew,

I felt you last night. It's like you have hate for your lower chakras and you have so many mis-conceptions around sex that I doubt you would know how to be truly intimate with an actual female partner? It was like I was encased in this dark bubble of judgment by you on a psychic level. I used to be like this when I was as extremely into transcendence as you are. Just, up, up, up. You will become a god in a high realm, but that's not liberation.

It's sad, because in certain respects you do know what you are talking about, but it's mostly all quite subjective and limited to your own level of experiences, all of which I've had. All your energy is caught "up" and not very grounded. You are kind of stuck "up" in a way... which is better than being stuck "down", but your subconscious projections and judgments arising from your inability to really love your human nature blocks you.

I personally haven't even ejaculated for a number of days. I don't count the days because I'm able to bring the essence of the energy up to my head during orgasm, even if I let go of a little bit of sexual fluids as waste, thus I wake up after orgasm when most men get tired. Sex is not a block for me anymore, neither mentally nor spiritually. Me and my wife don't have sex every single day and go many days without being intimate. I also don't release much sexual fluid at all when I do orgasm, having long and strong elongated orgasms that fill my entire body due to the fact of practice. So... you my friend suffer from some aspects of schizophrenia. I remember when you were called out for many of your projections on me and CowTao and you stopped talking for a little while.

Drew, you are on a high horse of judgment and you don't really read as clearly as you think you do. You probably could use some real female intimacy in order to break free from your hate for your grounding and earthly chakras. Some great Masters actually recommend this to their students, in order to help the student get over many mental dogmas which you seem to worship as true spirituality.

EDIT: Due to your practice, your judgments and self limitations can be felt quite powerfully and are quite stressful to deal with especially since I am the focus of these judgments and since I have done much 3rd eye work and opening up. The only way out of your powerful projected judgment bubbles for me has been complete surrender to emptiness, then the experience of the tension is transformed into easy and soft energy, malleable instead of hard. Also your understanding of emptiness is equivalent to the meditative state of infinite space, or the ether that all things have their space in. This is not the same as Buddhist discussion or experience of emptiness in reference to dependent origination, just so that you are clear.

:o :o :o WTF?!

Edited by TheSongsofDistantEarth

If Buddhist emptiness and dependent origination are so wonderful, why the need to come back here at all to duel with drew hempel?

When I post, he psychically haunts me a bit and puts me into an energy that I can feel. It's not very nice, nor compassionate.

I'm not an unenlightened being pretending to be enlightened. I am just an practitioner on the path pointing out a few of his mis-interpretations since he is deciding to use some Buddhist phraseology.

Since he decides to attack me on a level beyond merely this board. I will like to counter his mis-understandings through this medium and maybe he can be a little humbler and look more at himself rather than projecting intense and self solidified judgments of others, which like I said, I can feel.