Eviander

Kundalini

John, I hate to be silly as usual, but the outside IS the inside. The "K" IMO (not humble opinion) is the realisation of that fact whereas I'd spent my life imagining something else (maybe the opposite? or a mix of the two? or a flipping around of the whole thing until I fall over? Again :wub: )

I don't know why you say that you are being silly. Ultimately you are right of course and the outside is the inside. I just think that the experience of the two is quite different. In making the difference I was relating to my own experience that it was the changes in the outside world which I found particularly difficult while others found that the internal changes gave them issues.

Well, i'm not sure that they are the same thing.

The internal and the external are reflections of each other, yes.

What you do in the external world affects your internal experience.

What you do internally, affects your external experience.

In the end of course, you can say "all is one", which is true from a certain perspective. But the internal and external is not necessarily a duality, its two entirely different environments with completely different rules and different factors.

I would love to hear others' thoughts on this...

Well, i'm not sure that they are the same thing.

The internal and the external are reflections of each other, yes.

What you do in the external world affects your internal experience.

What you do internally, affects your external experience.

In the end of course, you can say "all is one", which is true from a certain perspective. But the internal and external is not necessarily a duality, its two entirely different environments with completely different rules and different factors.

I would love to hear others' thoughts on this...

I find my self agreeing with both Kate and S-curve (because I am a non-dualist). I started a thread to discuss this but I have neglected it I suppose - I am going to post a few more thoughts later.

Cheers

John

Kriyas are often discussed as blockages/karma, and this is certainly a valid paradigm. But IMO, many times, kriyas are spiritual excitement, swaying with the ebb and flow of the Great Mystery...the dancing of Divinity. And this may mean the same or the complete opposite, depending on yr perspective. :)

Edited by Kameel

Kriyas are often discussed as blockages/karma, and this is certainly a valid paradigm. But IMO, many times, kriyas are spiritual excitement, swaying with the ebb and flow of the Great Mystery...the dancing of Divinity. And this may mean the same or the complete opposite, depending on yr perspective. :)

yes, can be both.:)

depends upon where one is at.

John!

How can "I" be a "non-dualist"??????

I just thought of that one. Please congratulate-I because I think it might appreciate I ;-)

Of course if I'm wrong, it will be very upset, but nevertheless a bit proud as I thought it came up with that one all by I-self. :blush:

You know, at some point IMO the "bigger" people than I has to take some part of responsibility for I. Why?

Of course I may be wrong (as I tends to me without the other perspective) - whether a big I or an eye for an eye.

----rational commentary: That sounds weird.

John!

How can "I" be a "non-dualist"??????

I just thought of that one. Please congratulate-I because I think it might appreciate I ;-)

Of course if I'm wrong, it will be very upset, but nevertheless a bit proud as I thought it came up with that one all by I-self. :blush:

You know, at some point IMO the "bigger" people than I has to take some part of responsibility for I. Why?

Of course I may be wrong (as I tends to me without the other perspective) - whether a big I or an eye for an eye.

----rational commentary: That sounds weird.

Kate,

I believe in an I for an I, a truth for a truth.

Everything sounds weird.

John

An upanishad related to "I":

(for anyone interested)

---------------------------------

Khandogya Upanishad, VII Prapathaka, 23rd Khanda.

1. The Infinite (bhuman) is bliss. There is no bliss in anything

finite. Infinity only is bliss. This Infinity, however, we must desire

to understand.

Sir, I desire to understand it.

1. Where one sees nothing else, hears nothing else, understands

nothing else, that is the Infinite. Where one sees something else,

hears something else, understands something else, that is the finite.

The Infinite is immortal, the finite is mortal.

Sir, in what does the Infinite rest?

In its own greatness - or not even in greatness.

2. In the world they call cows and horses, elephants and gold,

slaves, wives, fields and houses greatness. I do not mean this,

thus he spoke; for in that case one being (the possessor) rests in

something else, (but the Infinite cannot rest in something different

from itself)

1. The Infinite indeed is below, above, behind, before, right and

left--it is indeed all this. Now follows the explanation of the

Infinite as the I:I am below, I am above, I am

behind,before, right and left--I am all this.

2. Next follows the explanation of the Infinite as the Self: Self

is below, above, behind, before, right and left - Self is all this.

He who sees, perceives, and understands this, loves the Self,

delights in the Self, revels in the Self, rejoices in the Self--he

becomes a Svarag, (an autocrat or self-ruler) he is lord and master

in all the worlds. But those who think differently from this, live in

perishable worlds, and have other beings for their rulers.

1. To him who sees, perceives, and understands this, the spirit

(prana) springs from the Self, hope springs from the Self, memory

springs from the Self; so do ether, fire, water, appearance and

disappearance, food, power, understanding, reflection, consideration,

will, Mind, speech, names, sacred hymns, and sacrifices--aye, all this

springs from the Self.

Om

Edited by 3bob
  • Like 1

Darn internet connection....

Okay, round two.

I want to take KAP, but need to save $. I bought 'The Backward Flowing Method: The Secret of Life and Death" by J.J. Semple.

It is on its way, in the mail.

I just listened to a podcast by Semple where he says that once you go past the 'point of no return', you can no longer procreate at will. And that you can still have kids, but that you have to be very prudent with your emissions.

So, what might I expect if I follow through with this and succeed with opening/arousing Kundalini? will i no longer be able to have sex as usual?

Please, clarify...please....

Thanks-

Nate

I just listened to a podcast by Semple where he says that once you go past the 'point of no return', you can no longer procreate at will. And that you can still have kids, but that you have to be very prudent with your emissions.

bscard01.jpg

So, no worries then?

exactly, bunch of BS as demonstrated above. LOL too many BS artist around in general. actually heard someone talk about being in Nirvikalpa too, even here. bunch of crapola. dont believe everything you read, especially when it comes to esoteric meditation sciences or any meditation science in general and more to the point what most western teachers, MASTERS and the like that supposedly know something talk about. crap crap crap (and i am a westener LOL) then again, alot of fradulent East Asians on the market to. so the worries you are concerned with you need not be, its everything else you must be worried about. We have waaaaaaay to many MASTERS of the western background running around as it is. And to be quite frank, you shouldnt have to save up money to have your Kundalini awakened by a REAL teacher/master. remember that. Unless you want to travel.LOL and dont take bits and pieces of this method and that method from different schools of thought, stick with one. if it is a REAL one and you get a REAL teacher (IE.NOT FROM A BOOK OR ON THIS BOARD) it will be what you need. good luck.

Edited by yuanqi

Have been having kundalini experiences for the past two years now and they have not been well to say the least. My third eye is starting to open and I am having semi-clear visions of snake entities, snake eyes, and sometimes a blue eye (I have brown eyes) that is in the center of my head. I also am developing clairvoyance outside of my inner eye.

Anyways..I would like some people to share their kundalini experiences they have had and share some good ways to deal and develop the energy.

There is a Yin and a Yang to all.

Kundalini, relying on movement, is Yang.

Savasana, being pure meditation, is Yin.

Cost of doing things assbackwards is only your Time AKA: Life.

To see the truth in Kundalini movements, one first must master the Yin.

Ok I don't know much about Kundalini per se, but had an experience today while meditating and was wondering if its related. So I was sitting in half lotus doing Samatha. After a while (this is hard to put into words) I get this notion/impression of "the feminine" (I know its vague but I'm not sure how to explain it in language). Then at this point my tail bone starts to hurt really bad. The pain was intense so I eventually got into child's pose and that was pretty much the most bearable way to deal with it, but I kept meditating.

When it started hurting I would just try to be aware of the pain with detachment. After a while it would subside and then I'd resume Samatha and then again after a while this awareness of "the feminine" would return and then my tail bone would hurt bad again.

This happened a few times, and I'm not really sure what it is?

• Like 1

Could well be the beginning of shakti saying hello! treat with respect and you should be fine!

Peace and good luck :)

• Like 1

Could well be the beginning of shakti saying hello! treat with respect and you should be fine!

Peace and good luck :)

Wow that is so weird. Ok so I am less familiar with the Indian side of things, so I googled "Shakti" lol, and she looks a lot like Kwan Yin. Well thing is, is that after the first hour of meditation I did a brief walking and then standing meditation before I sat again. Well while doing the standing portion I was standing in front of a picture of Kwan Yin and just sort of staring at it as I meditated. Too weird lol.

Oh haha,, seems symbolic for sure! i was meaning shakti as the feminine rising energy within us, a terms used for kundalini.. doesn't take anything away from the symbology that you just had though :)

Stay grounded dude.. shakti can make one so blissful it can be ungrounding an if you are not careful cause attachment to feelings.. you probably know all this anyway!

Peace

• Like 2

Oh haha,, seems symbolic for sure! i was meaning shakti as the feminine rising energy within us, a terms used for kundalini.. doesn't take anything away from the symbology that you just had though :)

Stay grounded dude.. shakti can make one so blissful it can be ungrounding an if you are not careful cause attachment to feelings.. you probably know all this anyway!

Peace

Thanks

It seems that the theme of the day for me is Yin and Yang. So there was that experience that I already mentioned, and since then I feel myself somewhat baffled by the "feminine" which of course is Yin.

Aside from that I've noticed something the past couple days relating to Yang as well. So the first occurrence was yesterday. My brother contacts me and wants to play x-box which is something we do from time to time. So I get online and we are playing call of duty online. Obviously most of the players online are male, and most of them young males. Well after a while I find myself just feeling "put off" by them (sorry again finding terminology for these kinds of things is difficult). It seems that by interacting with them, even online that I feel their energy, their state of mind, their outlook on life, and their outlook and feelings about sex and women. So it gets to the point where I tell my brother that I've had enough and I go and meditate to "undo the damage" lol.

As I'm meditating I become aware of this "put off" feeling that I get (not only this time) but from time to time when around other males, especially males of the more mundane type. Naturally I felt this a lot in the Army lol. So eventually I meditate and end up feeling pretty good again.

Well today my roommate (female) and her bf come by very briefly to drop something off. I could tell that her bf was "put off" by me by reading his energy, even though on the surface he was trying to not show it. Then I found myself being "put off" by him from feeling him "put off" by me lol. They were only here for a few minutes but it left me feeling not so good, in a very similar manner as I felt yesterday playing x-box.

I've noticed this past week that as I've been meditating a lot that women are becoming very friendly towards me, and that men are becoming more antagonistic. At school the guys say little sarcastic jokes which on the surface they try to play off as just joking around, but I can feel on an energetic level that they are trying to get a rise out of me. Realizing this I just laugh at it and stay happy so they don't get that rise out of me lol. At the same time the females seem to being trying harder to get "a rise" out of me, but in a different way lol. Like a few days ago I had my female roommate exposing parts of herself to me and dancing provocatively and modeling slutty outfits for me to see if I thought her bf would like them lol. I had to go meditate after she left too haha.

So but beyond the manifestations of it all whether its my various interactions with men and women, or my tail bone hurting like hell when this feeling of the "feminine" comes over me, it seems like the mystery I feel like I need to solve, which is underlying all of this is Yin and Yang. Well time to go meditate some more so I can deal with that "put off" feeling from my roommates bf lol.

Kundalini sucks, stay away from it.

Well that's the thing. I'm not doing any kind of Kundalini practice intentionally, this was spontaneous.

Wow that is so weird. Ok so I am less familiar with the Indian side of things, so I googled "Shakti" lol, and she looks a lot like Kwan Yin.

It has always bugged me that the number one result for a google image search for Shakti is actually a painting of Guanyin. Ah, new-agers who appropriate Eastern images without actual knowledge of the traditions from which they came...

Edited by Creation

Well that's the thing. I'm not doing any kind of Kundalini practice intentionally, this was spontaneous.

I'm a bit biased towards kundalini given my "spontaneous kundalini arousal" experience.

What I would say, even if it's "spontaneous", that you should research and get a better overall understanding of what kundalini is.

I believe it's not something to meddle with, at all. Well, to those lucky enough to be able to make the decision to meddle or not

Ok I don't know much about Kundalini per se, but had an experience today while meditating and was wondering if its related. So I was sitting in half lotus doing Samatha. After a while (this is hard to put into words) I get this notion/impression of "the feminine" (I know its vague but I'm not sure how to explain it in language). Then at this point my tail bone starts to hurt really bad. The pain was intense so I eventually got into child's pose and that was pretty much the most bearable way to deal with it, but I kept meditating.

When it started hurting I would just try to be aware of the pain with detachment. After a while it would subside and then I'd resume Samatha and then again after a while this awareness of "the feminine" would return and then my tail bone would hurt bad again.

This happened a few times, and I'm not really sure what it is?

Hi D :)

Yes, the pain in the tail bone is the start of the kundalini activation. When this occured to me, I had pain so bad in the tailbone that I could not sit. This lasted for a week, but it did go away. It is the piercing of the knot at the tailbone. It shows that you've accumulated enough prana/chi to fill your lower body and now kundalini is trying to start it's ascent.

In another of your posts (later), you said that you could sense your room-mate's bf energy. This is also another sign of kundalini. On several occaisions, I was just standing on the sidewalk when someone would walk by. As they walked by, I could 'sense' their entire being, knew what they were thinking, knew what they ate for breakfast, knew what their parents looked like.. it was like being them. At first it was novel and amazing. After a while, it was so digusting and overwhelming, to realize the complexitiy of mental accumulations and functioning of both your own and somebody else's mental constructs, to taste the mundanity and whole other set of desires, thoughts, hopes, etc made me recoil with disgust. A peron's being is so complex and most of it is so useless and trivial. Imagine, instead of one being's set of internal dialog, you experience two, or three other persons' inner dialog and thoughts at the same time.. You can see what garbage dumps we are.. For this reason, I stay away from crowds and spending too much time with other people. Luckily, disinterest seems to abate the kundalini surges.

However, your story says to me that your kundalini is becoming active. It gets way more intense as your kundalini energy comes out to play.

Yes, shamatha. The most powerful practice to activate kundalini (for me) is Eckhart Tolle's "Sensing the inner body". Basically you just sit and 'feel' the lifeforce in the body. You just focus on the feeling and hold that as your meditation object. Eventually, the body and mind dissolves and kundalini activates. Shamatha practice is very close to that. But shamatha practice doesn't seem to overload me, it is much gentler. I can't do the 'sensing the inner body' as a regular practice because I won't sleep (I just witness sleep) and I'm so sick of ecstasy that I'm trying to avoid it.

Hopefully, you have cleared enough blockages that should your kundalini blow open, it will go up the central channel and out of the top of your head. Enjoy it and try to retain as much of the energy as you can.

Good luck.

:)

TI

• Like 1