Yoda

Kunlun follow up poll

K follow up poll  

132 members have voted

1. 1. For bums who have tried Kunlun:

• I still do Kunlun regularly (daily, weekly, etc)
    • Not doing Kunlun but am doing a spontaneous motion practice regularly
    • Have tried and discontinued Kunlun, not for me.
    • Never tried spontaneous motion chi kung or Kunlun and have no interest
    • May try spontaneous chi kung or Kunlun someday

Hey Yoda, thankyou for sharing some details of what was going on for you, I have been pondering what you shared, and it occurred to me to share something back: when I first met Max, I felt a pressure in my throat, maybe a line around my throat. I felt it just sitting opposite him, straight away. I have felt it quite a lot of times, since, when I have been in that half state between sleep and wakefulness.

I assume it is something to do with throat centre cleaning/awakening. I share this because it is possible that the pressure of 'hands around my throat' that you mentioned .. which is really pretty freaky to have felt, I sympathise with you!.. may have been what I have felt, but with some added imagery!

I really dont think you are a drama queen. I think all kind of weird things happen on this path, definitely NOT just on the KL path, but on this path in general, if you get very far along. We are lucky to have truth tellers and sources of great experience and groundedness like winpro and 5elT.

When I first started with Healing Tao, I woke in the middle of the night to find a very tall black guy in robes standing by my bed checking me out. Hey ho, dude! ;)

I too have felt this throat thing, but never connected to kunlun.

I think it is at this time very acute to reflect upon the fact that you all seem to go for internal INTERNAL cultivation.

so why not stop projecting?

waking up sucks. dealing with reality sucks.

Are these problems "awakening symptoms" or are they just problems?

I believe that both sides are 100% right on this point.

The question is... what do we become at the end of the day? Imo, the net net bottom line is not in the average practitioner's favor.

i had all kind off opinions about my "guide"

- oh it is a bad ghost, send it away

- it is the spirit of an old taoist master leading you to taoism cuz Kunlun is not such a high practice

- it is your highr mind connecting to your lower mind

- dormant parts of your brain are opening

Thanks Soco for adding that... whichever side turns out to be correct, we can all agree that it is a strange ride!!! :lol:

Yoda

Ah, innuendo... the fast food of the mind, the junk food of the soul. It is to information what Big Mac is to food: clog your arteries it will, stuff you up it will, nourish you it won't, support your health it can't.

How about some facts? What exactly have you learned about the "origins of the practice?" Can you present some information? Can this information be verified by an independent third party -- can you point out a source where such party could find it and evaluate it, a source that is not based on hearsay and opinions?

Duh

You always butt in don't you?

Of all the people, you seeking verifiable data or facts is hilarious! Remember our Hitler conversation? I ain't got no milk for you...

Cat, I understand your interest to know is genuine. I just don't wanna sound like taomeow's ex friend and create another scene. Let me think a bit on how best to present this stuff and get back.

Apparently if your mind is clear you will let go your stuff during practice without manifesting it in your life.
Ahh, if this is true, this is a key I've been looking for! How to avoid manifesting your "inner crap" out in your "real" life, if possible?

Can you expand on this, or is this pretty much simply put? By "clear mind," do you mean remaining calm, maintaining conscious sovereignty (as WLP says to "keep the spirit in front of the energy") and remaining unaffected by any phenomena?

Sloppy Zhang - I agree. I didn't mean to imply that either path was better or worse - just different. The real question comes in when you feel lost...and don't know if you haven't gone far enough in the right direction, or went too far in the wrong direction? At that point, do you keep going, backtrack or change direction?

Also, Max does start his classes out now with a basic breathing technique. Maybe not as detailed as BKF's instructions, but it's in there now. Upfront and center, in fact.

Edited by vortex

zzzz, no milk for me?.. I'm devastated...

Pretty please... just a little bit of the milk of your human kindness... just a drop...

:P

Both the folks I sought help from tried to tap into the presence that was felt during kunlun and found some interesting stuff about the origins of the practice. I tried to do the same thrice and was quite astounded. I do not think it is right to get into all that creepy stuff here but if you want a safe, tested practice with some level of honesty on the part of the teacher, Kunlun may not be the right thing, especially the transmission. I am sure people will disagree but I would rather stick to the advice of two renowed masters of alchemy than amateurish advice. Don't listen to me but please do listen to yourself. Bliss may not be what you really think it is. If someone really needs help in this regard, I am open to guiding them to my Sifu, about who I have spoken before.

Dizzydazzle,

Did you used to be known on this board under another name... specifically someone who made cosmic leaps?

Dizzydazzle,

Did you used to be known on this board under another name... specifically someone who made cosmic leaps?

No, stupid, it isn't.

Edited by Starjumper7

No, stupid, it isn't.

Well the man himself said it... moreover, I would not reference him in my last post if I were him pretending to be someone else ... not that I care if someone thinks I am him!

Veeeery interesting thread.

I will post my experience again, from way back. I think it is unique on this board. You know, I am a witch, and have zero training in taoist practice. On the contrary, I am very open with no protection. I am very easily hypnotized; I go under at movies with hypnosis scenes. On the other hand, I keep my eyes open. So, for example, I went to an "energy share" once here in Boston a few years back that has been meeting once a month for some years. Part of it was sitting across from each other person in the room, gazing into each other's eyes and telling the other person what we saw, kind of a soulful conga line (we kept switching partners every ten minutes). When I was across from the host I told him he was an energy vampire and he was taking energy from his guests. He colored violently, took me aside and said I was the first person who saw that, saw what he was doing. Most of the guests were young healthy college students and they seemed to enjoy the slight draining he was doing, so I kept it to myself. Sometimes a little bloodletting is good for health.

I don't know a damn thing about aliens or lineages or whatnot, but I do know this--I attacked Max. It was playful, but it was an attack. I was annoyed with that whole hundred days thing that he recommended, and I suppose fed up in general with selfish taoist men hoarding their sixth chakra energy, so I reached out and found him and tried to take from him in a playful way. It was like hooking a sea monster--once that connection was established he came roaring back at me and took everything from me, my name, and more importantly and terrifying he took something I don't even want to say because I feel so protective, but enough to say it is the most important to me and has been for some years and I forgot what it was, he made me forget it. :(

Now I attacked the man, so I deserved what I got, but the power of him was so strong it was frightening to me. Maybe all taoist wizards have the ability to be energy vampires and don't use it, so maybe I was sensing his latent power and not a power that he exerted, or maybe he's got some kind of automatic protection around him that he set up, I don't know, but watching the videos of him I was deeply unsettled. On the other hand, Yoda and Taomeow started the practice and were very pleased, so I chalked it up to an overactive imagination, because I trust them both.

But after reading this thread, I think those taoists who are strongest, with the most practice are the best candidates for Kunlun. They will benefit the most without suffering any ill effects. But I don't think those people are the one he wants, so after a time he sends them away to other teachers. I think he does the same on the other end of the spectrum, people who crack up and flake out he sends to other teachers. But I think he might be tapping the people in the middle, not to say you're a middle person Yoda! :lol: But I suppose I am saying that.

I'm saying something else--8-years-old is way too old for family bed, WAY too old. Especially if you are getting night visitors, she should be in a different room.

Witch,

SO very interesting. So glad to see you again! :)

About powerful entities "taking" from you. I had a lesson in power very recently, the biggest one of my life, and one thing I learned, out of many, is that entities of great power have trouble not using it any which way, and it's not peripheral to the way the universe works, it's the central issue of existence. Great power is hard not to use any which way, hard to control, hard to choose what to use it for and what not to use it for. It's like -- what could I compare it to -- like, e.g., physical flexibility. If you're a yogini, a ballet dancer, a gymnast, etc., your flexibility spills over into everything you do, however you move you can't really move like an arthritis-afflicted ninety-year-old, and if you chose to, you would have to work on it very hard, at all times, and remember at all times that you can't allow yourself your natural range of motion... It's like that with great power. It has to be aware of itself at all times so as to be under control at all times. The greater the power, the harder it is to do that. It's natural for a powerful one to be powerful and to act out of power first, out of any which other considerations later. All the restraints, all the brakes one might want to apply -- they don't come naturally, great power doesn't come equipped with these... it comes unrestrained, it has to work on restraining itself. For an entity of great power, it's a choice to do that, not a need.

And that's the central issue of existence.

I'll pm you shortly, I want to tell you a bit more...

Guest winpro07

Edited by winpro07

Witch,

Great to hear from you again... I've missed you!!

I always love your take on things and I'll ponder what you have said.

The toughest intellectual question for me has been why everyone has such wildly different experiences with the practice. I *really* resonate with what you say about different practitioners getting sorted/sorting themselves/etc into different "zones" just like how you found yourself in a different zone of experience with the Boston dude.

I also got the vibe that I got sorted out of the practice perhaps a bit like Taomeow or Scotty described. Maybe Max or the energies knew it wasn't for me or something. (????) Or maybe I just was starting to understand at some level that it wasn't for me and just let the momentum of things pop me into different directions.

I can see how family bed plus Kunlun hasn't exactly worked out... they don't have that chapter in most parenting books :lol: ... but until I get this here genie back into the bottle, she'll stay with us. Then again, I'm the troublemaker here I can just sleep in another room and she can sleep with Mom. I'll kick it around. Thanks for the unsolicited parenting advice! :lol:

Your pal,

Yoda

~~~

Starjumper,

Very cool to see you here too! If you could be nice to my pal 5ET, I'd appreciate it!! (I'm not going to mediate between mgd and AugustLeo though!! :lol: )

I think Mantra is a great guy but I was disappointed with the fact that he mislead you about arranging a meet up with Max... definitely bad form.

I'm glad you are still around.

Your pal,

Yoda

Which is more stupid... To ask or to assume... Take a pill, hot head.

Hot head? HAH, you're one to talk. But you're so sweet in public, aint ya? I didn't say you were stupid because of your previous question, but you do assume a lot, which is why you're stupid.

Guest winpro07

Everybody Just ignore them

They have the same agenda as always.

Everything you say is fuel for them

offtopic

witch & yoda

I disagree with that family bed tip :P

I think your daughter will outgrow it when she's way too old for it.

I know lots of families who do what you do and all are healthy and happy.

It's the cultural norm in places where people have small homes without separate bedrooms, families sleep together until the kids are married off. Then again maybe that's part of the reason some places marry their kids off so young :blink: But having separate beds and separate rooms is a luxury millions of families around the world don't share, it's not a necessity for human children.

/offtopic

Edited by soundhunter

But you're so sweet in public, aint ya?

Harboring some resentments?

Seriously SJ... then, drink some chamomile tea or something... When I saw the other post, and I thought it might be you... I was actually thinking "Wow, if that's SJ, he has calmed down alot. Good for him!" Then you show up and break your silence by calling me stupid... :blink:

P.S. I was recently wondering what had happened to you. Hope you are doing OK... Glad to know you are still alive and kicking...

Witch,

SO very interesting. So glad to see you again! :)

About powerful entities "taking" from you. I had a lesson in power very recently, the biggest one of my life, and one thing I learned, out of many, is that entities of great power have trouble not using it any which way, and it's not peripheral to the way the universe works, it's the central issue of existence. Great power is hard not to use any which way, hard to control, hard to choose what to use it for and what not to use it for. It's like -- what could I compare it to -- like, e.g., physical flexibility. If you're a yogini, a ballet dancer, a gymnast, etc., your flexibility spills over into everything you do, however you move you can't really move like an arthritis-afflicted ninety-year-old, and if you chose to, you would have to work on it very hard, at all times, and remember at all times that you can't allow yourself your natural range of motion... It's like that with great power. It has to be aware of itself at all times so as to be under control at all times. The greater the power, the harder it is to do that. It's natural for a powerful one to be powerful and to act out of power first, out of any which other considerations later. All the restraints, all the brakes one might want to apply -- they don't come naturally, great power doesn't come equipped with these... it comes unrestrained, it has to work on restraining itself. For an entity of great power, it's a choice to do that, not a need.

And that's the central issue of existence.

I'll pm you shortly, I want to tell you a bit more...

Great post TM.

I think this raises the central issue of compassion.I agree that true power has a spill over effect.This is why it is essential that the ulimate goal must be driven by true compassion,the dedication of action to the benefits of others,otherwise it is a slippery slope to nowhere.

Those who do command geat power must also command great integrity.

Guest winpro07

which seminar did you attend?

Well the man himself said it... moreover, I would not reference him in my last post if I were him pretending to be someone else ... not that I care if someone thinks I am him!

Glad to know you are still alive and kicking...

Yes good to hear from you SJ, hope you have been having fun. (and witch too)

We just need Spirit Ape / WYG and the gang is all here :lol:

Great post TM.

I think this raises the central issue of compassion.I agree that true power has a spill over effect.This is why it is essential that the ulimate goal must be driven by true compassion,the dedication of action to the benefits of others,otherwise it is a slippery slope to nowhere.

Those who do command geat power must also command great integrity.

Thank you, Seadog. :)

Yes -- exactly.

Power without compassion is the very definition of evil...

Whereas compassion without power is... well, I'm reminded of an old rhyme:

"Sympathy without relief

is like mustard without beef." :lol:

Witch,

Why would you want to "attack" Max or anyone? What is the point of this?

Knowing Witch I think "attack" might have been the wrong word, but the right idea.

She would have been looking for some sexy energy to share, yes?