Yoda

Kunlun follow up poll

K follow up poll  

132 members have voted

1. 1. For bums who have tried Kunlun:

• I still do Kunlun regularly (daily, weekly, etc)
    • Not doing Kunlun but am doing a spontaneous motion practice regularly
    • Have tried and discontinued Kunlun, not for me.
    • Never tried spontaneous motion chi kung or Kunlun and have no interest
    • May try spontaneous chi kung or Kunlun someday

Guest winpro07

Edited by winpro07

Your thoughts are interesting too, mgd,

so here's a follow-up on the ones pertaining to mine:

Your thoughts are interesting but careful that it doesn't confuse some people or make they feel like cowards for stopping something that is causing them serious physical harm.

Don't see how this can be read into what I said, but as a general rule, I am indeed a proponent of honesty and courage -- in this combo, since one doesn't really work without the other.

I also believe serious physical harm can be, and is, caused by false beliefs quite routinely. E.g., the most dangerous activity someone can engage in is, according to JAMA statistics, seeing a medical doctor. Medical researcher Thomas Moore, upon analyzing these statistics, has concluded that for a resident of this country, the danger to life and limb resulting from seeing a medical doctor or being admitted to a hospital far surpasses that of all vehicular accidents, all hazardous occupations, all chemical addictions, and all wars combined. My point being that whatever people believe is causing them serious physical harm may have surprisingly few intersections with what, in reality, does.

I've witnessed kunlun bring up in a few individuals whom I am not going to name feelings and sensations that I saw as textbook illustrations of misplacement -- of old feelings onto current realities -- something I happen to have worked with extensively in the past, via a different modality. Textbook, classic! -- but impossible for the individual to recognize as such, for lack of... hmmm, guidance, theoretical knowledge, or -- in some cases -- honesty and courage. I saw it but could I say anything to anybody?.. nah... You remember I tried, in your case -- you just shot me down on the spot, and I shut up, and that was that. No accusations of cowardice or anything like that. Everybody does what they are destined to do with whatever they're destined to do it with. Who am I to blow against the wind?.. Nobody.

However, didn't Max's practice which you got disenchanted with lead you to Jenny's which you felt was right for you? Is there a chance that was kunlun/Max's task vis a vis you personally -- to lead/guide you toward what suits you best? You know, something similar may have happened to me... only I didn't come to Jenny, I got guided elsewhere... but there's definitely this "kunlun got me there" little fact... interpret it however you like, it did happen, sequentially, like that...

A forced practice causes chi sickness.

It is best to leave it to the practictioner to decide what is best for them.

And they do know and are equipped to know it.

Bit of a contradiction -- if everybody knows and is equipped to know what is best for them, no one would engage in any practices that cause qi sickness. If qi sickness is there, then at least some people don't know and aren't equipped to know. Pick one or the other -- but I don't think one can really have it both ways.

This is not to say I, me, know what's good for you or anybody. Nah... I just know what's bad. :D

Edited by Taomeow

As someone who hasn't practiced Kunlun, I find it amazing that there are some people that have talked about super positive things they got from it, but there is another group that talks about how freaky it can get :blink:

I mean it's one thing for people to say a practice isn't for them, but some of this stuff is getting pretty serious :lol:

It makes me wonder about what coming in the mail for me.... :unsure:

Don't worry I'm practicing from the book, and it powerful but you have to be able to handle the energy somehow. I don't think this is a practice for everyone without a teacher unless you have some background with energy work or a solid practice to ground the energy. Watch out for the "voodoo" "hoodoo" its really cool...:)

Guest winpro07

Edited by winpro07

However, didn't Max's practice which you got disenchanted with lead you to Jenny's which you felt was right for you? Is there a chance that was kunlun/Max's task vis a vis you personally -- to lead/guide you toward what suits you best? You know, something similar may have happened to me... only I didn't come to Jenny, I got guided elsewhere... but there's definitely this "kunlun got me there" little fact... interpret it however you like, it did happen, sequentially, like that...

ha ha ha!

Well! People believe what they like to, don't they? So is Hitler's regime responsible for a relatively peaceful later time? Or a bad doctor messing up with the system and this leading to another doctor is indicative of the former's central character in a divine game plan? Is it useful to be a bit more rational at times? not sure, just thinking out loud! Just don't wanna end up like our dear friend winpro whose posts seem to space out every now and then! Grounding issues? Or spontaenous energy adjustments? :D

And cat brought up a good point ... that an impartial discussion on Kunlun has not happened. Some have stated repeatedly that there aren't many who understand alchemy well here and hence unqualified to decisively talk about Kunlun. Most here seem to value Sifu Chunyi Lin and recognize his cultivation skills and understanding of taoist alchemy. That apart, he is also well-versed in entity treatments. Further, there are also folks here who know Sifu personally. It would be great if someone can talk to him about Kunlun and post here his opinion. Just a suggestion...

Everyone wants to help but they really know nothing at all about people.

True! I wish Siliconvalley would now speak up and narrate here his experience. Are you listening brother? Yoda has already used the "C"(reepy) word :lol:

peace and blessings

namo arihantanam

Edited by dizzydazzle

dizzydazzle, I'm glad you're trying to have a bit of fun, but you may have been in too much of a hurry to try to have it at my expense, having failed to at least ask "what do you mean?" instead of assuming I was referring to an irrational belief of mine. In actuality, I was referring to a sequence of events that were factual, not imaginary and not belief-based -- to wit, something that started consistently coming up during my kunlun practice guided me toward another one, as surely as a threaded needle guides a thread or the four zzzz's, your screen name. I described what happened in my personal practice journal on the kunlun forum, and people I was talking to seem to have derived some sense from that instead of Hitler references... I guess to each their own. :huh:

mgd, I'm sorry I couldn't be a better friend by your definition at your time of need -- I was being one by mine I thought... and what it was that I had to do so as to meet yours, I didn't know and you didn't say (tip: to self first and foremost, not just you: if you need something, ask for it directly... don't expect people to be telepathic.) I did the same thing, actually -- I "expected" a few people to be far better friends than they proved to be -- but what can I do except blame myself for not asking?.. directly?.. for what I need?..

meow out.

Edited by Taomeow

In actuality, I was referring to a sequence of events that were factual, not imaginary and not belief-based -- to wit, something that started consistently coming up during my kunlun practice guided me toward another one, as surely as a threaded needle guides a thread or the four zzzz's, your screen name.

meow out.

Ok! If you say so... moreover this seems far more rational than some of Max's stories ... (or of Chris?) Don't we all need something till the next Harry Potter movie is out? have fun :lol:

Edited by dizzydazzle

I stopped it because I became interested in Yogani's stuff and wasn't sure I was ready for any quick transformations just yet. The practice didn't seem to have much support for the non-seminar practitioners, which wasn't very reassuring to me (not too mention all the crap people had to say about Kunlun and Max) since I would never be able to make it to a seminar. The practice was starting to seem weird too, same for my friend who tried it. My girlfriend also found it very strange and doesn't understand it. So in the end I dropped it and decided for a slower approach with the iam mantra which is feeling nice so far :).

Lets just say that there is some strong spirits at work and I for one don't like univited guest in the middle of the night.

In high level lineages the practice is to blend your mind-stream with that of the lineage. The idea is to accomplished refinement through the company of grace and to learn skillful ways of organizing coherent being at extraordinary levels of consciousness. Classically considered essential for high level work. During intensive periods of learning with lineage, in a lot of ways you really do live with them. It's actually a big deal, goes along with devotion and can be of tremendous benefit. A big part of the art.

(I've said this before, but ... )

When you get initiated by an Enlightened Teacher with Enlightened Lineage you get introduced to the mind-stream of the Lineage, whether you know it or not. You have the choice whether you stay and integrate consistently with that stream, or whether you intend-glide to the shore, bow and be grateful, and go in whatever direction you feel is your fate. Though some of these sorts of associations might be a surprise for noobs, it's classically a very normal part of the path.

Edited by Trunk

In high level lineages the practice is to blend your mind-stream with that of the lineage. The idea is to accomplished refinement through the company of grace and to learn skillful ways of organizing coherent being at extraordinary levels of consciousness. Classically considered essential for high level work. During intensive periods of learning with lineage, in a lot of ways you really do live with them. It's actually a big deal, goes along with devotion and can be of tremendous benefit. A big part of the art.

(I've said this before, but ... )

When you get initiated by a Teacher with Lineage you get introduced to the mind-stream of the Lineage, whether you know it or not. You have the choice whether you stay and integrate consistently with that stream, or whether you intend-glide to the shore, bow and be grateful, and go in whatever direction you feel is your fate. Though some of these sorts of associations might be a surprise for noobs, it's classically a very normal part of the path.

Yes totally agree Trunk and very well stated.

Thats exactly why one must choose ones friends carefully.

Their objectives were made quite clear and there was no way I was willing to play ball.

Guest winpro07

Edited by winpro07

do you know my mind? my intent?

No only your actions..... delete everything & :mellow: seems to be very common :lol:

IIRC you were always a bit unusual & I like unusual.... a lot :)

(still trying to find my old school dictionary and look up "gay" all the new ones are "updated" rofl)

Guest winpro07

Edited by winpro07

and my question is for dizzydazzle

Joined: 3-March 09, he doesn't have much of a long term view yet :)

Ok! If you say so... moreover this seems far more rational than some of Max's stories ... (or of Chris?) Don't we all need something till the next Harry Potter movie is out? have fun :lol:

Tsai yoshtoyoshto... tsai yoshtoyoshto... tsai yoshtoyoshto...

Don't know about the "we all" part, can only speak for myself.

I've lived some of the things "some," not "we all," watch movies about --

and if that's not the case with you, I would definitely encourage you to do so while the night's still young. It's a magical, glorious, terrifying, inexplicable, immense, immensely mysterious world. Don't let whoever told you that the only things that are real in it are your sofa, your remote control, and whatever "rational stories" you've learned in kindergarten end up having a good diabolical laugh at your expense. :P

Guest winpro07

Edited by winpro07

Koonloonie since feb 08

I hardly post here, more in the kunlunforum, where you can follow my whole story.

Im a digger, always going deeper and deeper. Was never afraid of how weird things could get. My whole practice is spontaneous never forced anything or try extra stuff cause all has always come alone. Fron K1, jumped to K2 doing up to 18 reps...ooops there goes my sword finger again, K3 as a closing method, reverse breathing, sah breath. RP1-2-3 have mix in between as part of everything. So I have my own sort of Kunlun soup that has developed to a very interesting practice, seeing visions, automatic writing, contacting higher beings, nice I love all this stuff.

Been doing a lot of homework, about zen crazyness, spiritual guides, awakening effects, magic practices, talking to highly gifted people, searching, searching for the truth...to have the objectivity and the rational knowledge about this stuff, since all I have is the experience....ok, now am downloading directly from my source... amazing info!!!

So much of our upbringing, believes, fears etc influences our development, so we create it ourselves, Maxs sparks it up, the path is ours to choose

about 15 years ago I got blown wide open and saw for the first time since i was 12 when i shut down.

prior to 12 auras and chakra and beings etc were as average blue jeans. I intentionally shut down at 12 because my physical body was dissolving and my astral experiences started happening in the day time. It was too much for me at the time. By blown wide open i mean seeing with the eyes, and everything. The whole world is very very different when you turn on like that...

Hi,

so is this your definition of "success" as you've used it with sincere Kunlun practitioners? becoming open to the astral, subtle realms? is enlightenment in your opinion dissolving the physical body and remaining in the astral form?

thanks

Koonloonie since feb 08

Im a digger, always going deeper and deeper. Was never afraid of how weird things could get.

a very interesting practice, seeing visions, automatic writing, contacting higher beings, nice I love all this stuff.

Been doing a lot of homework, about zen crazyness, spiritual guides, awakening effects, magic practices, talking to highly gifted people, searching, searching for the truth

is any of this really "truth" or is all this digging just creating more muck to sift through. the creation of prettier clouds instead of seeing the clear nature of the sky?

I'm not judging, just curious, but it seems that those who think they are having success with Kunlun are just having interesting paranormal experiences and equate that with some sort of progress. not that theres anything wrong with that. and its pretty clear that these are the kind of people that Max would attract anyway given Chris's marketing style of instant enlightenment, instant bliss.

• Like 1