Yoda

Kunlun follow up poll

K follow up poll  

132 members have voted

1. 1. For bums who have tried Kunlun:

• I still do Kunlun regularly (daily, weekly, etc)
    • Not doing Kunlun but am doing a spontaneous motion practice regularly
    • Have tried and discontinued Kunlun, not for me.
    • Never tried spontaneous motion chi kung or Kunlun and have no interest
    • May try spontaneous chi kung or Kunlun someday

I was wondering about this too. And for the people who stopped practising I'd like to know the reasons they believe they stopped. Too strong? No results? Dont believe in Max and Jenny Lamb? Not quick quick like the advertisement said? Energy too weird? No desire to reach the Tao because its bad for sex life?

I practiced for 8 months (level one and 3 montsh of level 2). I got some results. I had no plans on quitting the practice. I had not recieved the transmission from max and did not know red phoenix. Vajrasattva was here on taobums and always provided me with useful information. He was offering the kap distance course. One day i decided to take it. so i quit kunlun.

It was more of an instinctual thing than a rational planned decision.

I had never recieved the kunlun transmission so i really cant compare the two systems. Kap has given me results faster though.

^_^

I tried it and did it for about 3 months, a year ago.. and recently tried it again.

first of all, this may have hindered the whole process, i just don't believe that it leads to enlightenment, as I define it, so I never put my complete faith in it.

and secondly, as just an energy practice, I didn't get any effects from it beyond my lags thrashing about like i'm John Bonham taking a solo.

Tried Kunlun for 14 months. Learned from the book and attended one seminar.

In the end quit because of all the made up material around all of it, especially concering Jenny Lamb and how dealings with ex students were handled (Phillip Toledo and Aidan) all of which reflected poorly on the teacher and the practice.

Max and those closely associated with him and representing him and Kunlun are not good role models for me.

There are better teachers and better practices.

I agree.

I dont know too much about the scandals, but i'll definitely admit that the whole marketing and bullshit around Max made it seem very ingenuous, and i couldn't put any faith into that.

Cat,

I'm curious about that too. Some have had great results, but I've had too many problems with spookiness and general problems in life.

Your pal,

Yoda

I was wondering about this too. And for the people who stopped practising I'd like to know the reasons they believe they stopped. Too strong? No results? Dont believe in Max and Jenny Lamb? Not quick quick like the advertisement said? Energy too weird? No desire to reach the Tao because its bad for sex life?

The practice is very strong at the beginning in terms of making movement happen, then it plateaus off, so that less progress seems to be made.

Personally, it took a long time before I began running into any kind of emotional issues...so I don't actually view it as a quick-quick path, when compared to vipassana or some form of self enquiry. Red phoenix on the other hand is very quick for enlightenment purposes...it's like you bypass your blockages.

It took about 6 months before the actual "energy" was apparent, because the alchemy had to take place. After that, I thought it was going really well...THEN I began to run into health issues. To the point where I'm unable to practice without getting negative effects.

From my understanding, a person needs to be really healthy to be able to pass through this phase. Maybe at a time when I can devote a lot of myself towards staying super hydrated, eating mostly veggies, and consistently exercising and moving, I will take up the practice again and try to pass through that phase. That is - if it's actually a phase and not just the bad results of an incomplete practice. At this point I'm not sure which it is.

It doesn't matter to me that I don't practice it, because the spiritual path is always happening regardless of whatever contrived outward thing you try to do. In fact, doing such things can be counterproductive.

I didn't find the energy to be too weird...in fact it was very pleasurable. Very light and pure. What I found weird was that everyone who started this practice pretty much turned all egotistical. Very uptight personalities developed. Not in everyone, but in most. Maybe it was the fact that the energy was digging up their issues so they had to deal with them...but I haven't been seeing anyone really dealing with them in a good way.

Cat mentioned KL and RP running on their own - I've never had that experience. I've had spontaneous and random energy experiences...for instance, KL makes me feel a certain kind of peacefulness and inwardness. RP is a slightly more intense sensation, and it also includes emptiness. Sometimes there were tingles/cool feelings of energy and also emptiness in the head at various areas. After a while, it was pretty easy to spontaneously move right away if I intended it to happen. But at least RP was always a contrived method...meaning that I had to try to do it instead of just letting it happen spontaneously and watching it occur. I don't understand when people say that RP would happen on its own. Just my experience or lack thereof.

And the practices didn't make me less horny. :lol:

t

hink that there have been so many immature yee haw!! type have-a-bash-at-Kunlun/Max/Chris posts on this forum, that some of us are even wary of starting a rational kunlun discussion which includes coverage of problems or negatives, in case it gets hijacked and veers off into rehashing old abuse. The KL bashers have probably inadvertantly created a protective-of- kunlun atmosphere, in fact. It's like trying to eat a sandwich with hungry seagulls around ya know... you hardly want to open your mouth..

I think that Mak Tin Si has drawn off some of that fire, plus Chris and Max have distanced themselves from TTBs recently, and Kunlun isn't as "new," so things are more relaxed now.

.. but supporting the fictitious ideal of the perfect practice and the perfect teacher...

Very well put!

276471187_767356cb50.jpg

This sort of dynamic shows up in many schools and hinders the effectiveness of the very school/s they're trying to support. If people within a school could let go of that, a lot of details could emerge that help with nuanced problem solving.

~ later ~

p.s.

From me at least, this is not negatively charged - but a good-hearted compassionate observation. It's a unrealistically tall order to get thorough training from any one school / teacher, especially in western culture. You get parts from one school, absorb and learn from them the best you can from what they have to offer - and get parts from other school/s, teacher/s. imo, the KL crew offers their best efforts and some really good things to learn. I'm glad they are teaching, and learning, think they contribute positively (mostly, everyone has their foibles) to the culture and wish them well.

Edited by Trunk

I say its bleepn impossible to make up ones mind patiently due to the crap and fuss

and dont you blame the kunlun

folks here are way too immature and keen on finding the right fast path

thats what happened

Guest winpro07

Edited by winpro07

Guest winpro07

Edited by winpro07

Guest winpro07

Edited by winpro07

Guest winpro07

Edited by winpro07