宁

The Book That Changed Your Life - What Was It?

To surprise you more! The second book that had change my life, and my best of the best book nr 2 is:

Pearl of Great Price by Joseph Smith

There you see that the are not only 1 God in the universes but many Gods!!

Some times i feel this book is nr 1 and The Book of Mormon nr 2, maybe both are nr 1. One thing is clear i don't know other book that came much near these 2 books!

Regards

Pearl_of_Great_Price_1888.jpg

I'd take all Clavell,

Frank Herbert

and Asimov's Sagas,

The Daoist Writings,

my Chinese Teaching Manuals,

Agriculture and Tree Cultivation Manuals

all of Master Chia's Book Collection - i'll finally have the time to go thru all of it...

keep it coming, i'm sure every title inspire others to grab and dust some of the great inspirers of our life

(1) Slaughterhouse Five, by Kurt Vonnegut

The book that way back in 1972 first shifted my traditional stiff view on a subject that I had never even realised it was possible to think otherwise about,..."time". Once opened, that doorway into enquiry was never able to close again

(2) I Am That, by Nisargadhatta Maharaj

After many years spiritual searching down many pathways, this book finally freed me from theistic thinking by introducing me to Advaita. A major turning point in my life.

(3) The Acceptance of What Is, by Wayne Liquorman

The best exposition of Advaita I can possibly imagine. This book also made the necessary human connection for me since it contains much of Wayne's background 'life story'. His talks and his books, while deepening my connection with advaitic thought patterns, also finally freed me from the long-standing delusion I held that any 'genuine' spiritual teacher had to be a traditional Eastern guru-type. Wayne is a 58 year old American living near Los Angeles. If anyone is interested, he can be checked out at : www.advaita.org

ThisLife

Edited by ThisLife

(3) The Acceptance of What Is, by Wayne Liquorman

The best exposition of Advaita I can possibly imagine. This book also made the necessary human connection for me since it contains much of Wayne's background 'life story'. His talks and his books, while deepening my connection with advaitic thought patterns, also finally freed me from the long-standing delusion I held that any 'genuine' spiritual teacher had to be a traditional Eastern guru-type. Wayne is a 58 year old American living near Los Angeles.

ThisLife

Hi ThisLife.....

Have you read "Loving What Is" by Byron Katie? I have not read "The Acceptance of What Is" and am wondering how it compares to "LWI" if you have read it.

Love,

Carson :D

kickin' thread!! :lol:

I'm another for Autobiography of a Yogi, but it was the cover of the book that made the impression (never been one to read the fine print!). I would hang out at my Mom's bookstore and he kept staring at me and he was wearing an Australian bush hat with a side pinned up... made me wonder what was up.

At the end of high school, I read Shambhala by Trungpa Rinpoche and was impressed by it to take up meditation.

In recent years, it's really been tbums that's been my favorite and most valuable reading.

I just picked up -The Way of the Shaman 3rd edition- and remember the 1st now as well- I think my life is changing.... but thats just as usual! B)