SiliconValley

Shaktipat

Look on the bright side SM, in the old days claiming some supernatural ability and want to teach others would get you burnt at the stake or stoned to death. Nowadays you just get heckled by text.

Red Dragon wrote me to say: " you are a fake with no real ability or comprehension". It really made me giggle greatly but, seriously, it is really not a good omen of things to come. I have no secrets so if any one else pms me with insults I will share them.

Oh poor show Red Dragon. Sigh

• Like 1

nah,,my input to the thread is over . s

Dear ShaktiMama,
While I do understand your decision to stop contributing to this thread, it makes me very sad.
For me, this ranks as one of the best threads I've ever found on the TaoBums, largely due to your contributions.

What has been so special to me is the fact that what we are talking about, Shaktipat, is actually being demonstrated through the thread as we go! This has been just amazing! Read about it and experience it at the same time!

I pm'd you about the energy I've been experiencing in your posts some days ago, but thought maybe I was the only one experiencing this. But then both RainbowVein and Cat alluded to it in the thread! So others have felt it as well!

At any rate, thank you so much for the time and energy you have invested in this thread.
It has been very special for me, and I am stunned and grateful that such a transfer is possible, and to have had it so palpably demonstrated.

Love, respect, and much gratefulness,

nah,,my input to the thread is over . If you would like to discuss further, Trunk, please feel free to pm me and I would be more than happy to continue sharing with you.

Red Dragon wrote me to say: " you are a fake with no real ability or comprehension". It really made me giggle greatly but, seriously, it is really not a good omen of things to come. I have no secrets so if any one else pms me with insults I will share them.

s

I for one hope that you don't let someone's negativity effect you to the extent you quit posting. While I do not use your terminology and have for the most part stayed out of this thread because of that, and I do not always agree with you (most of the time I do), your and Santi's contributions are needed. There is, at this point in time, great need for Teachers with experience. Far too much non-sense is indulged in. Seekers need the voice of experience for assistance. Even if they don't realize it at the time, when they are exposed to energetic experience it does have a positive effect on the person. Sometimes this "making a difference" can move mountains.

Having no real ability or comprehension is a truth, really, from a wider perspective. Such is the way of it. But a cowardly unhelpful message to send.:(

here's an article about shakti stuff that is interesting :

rainbow body

About our ignorance ,and more about our potential, our divinity.

This is a very bad interpretation of Buddhism and what the Dharmakaya means. There is absolutely no causeless cause in Buddhism. The Dharmakaya is not a cause or source of all things. It is a realization of the empty nature of things, so it is a result body or a Buddha, not the body of the cosmos. The Tathagatagarbha is considered the womb of all the Buddhas in as much as all Buddhas have the same realization, not that all Buddhas literally come from the same source, but the source of their realization is the same, realization of inter-dependent origination. The Buddha has explained in the sutras that the Tathagatagarbha is not the same as the Vedic Brahman. The Buddha actually says in a Sutra of which I don't have time to go find due to having to go to work, but he says that those that take up this notion, find themselves with the creator gods, those that are deluded by being first born in the universe and think they have created the universe from their one being.

Basically what you have linked is an entire mis-representation of what the terms actually mean in Buddhist context. It's more like a Vedantin interpretation of Buddhist terminology. The very same Vedanta that the Buddha debated was not a complete system of interpreting the way the cosmos works and what liberation means for a Buddha.

Anyway... take care, and try to be sure about your sources for Buddhist information. I have to go to work... bye.

Here are some explanations...

Buddhas dependent origination

Rainbow Body

Dzogchen

If your going to talk about the Rainbow Body or Jalus, then you should get proper information on it from the tradition that talks about it. It has nothing to do with the belief in an all encompassing God of the cosmos. It has to do with a result of wisdom of the nature of things via understanding interdependent origination/emptiness and compassion for all beings, including the God's/God that think they created the cosmos, i.e. Vishnu, Brahma, Shiva, Allah, Jehovah, etc.

Look on the bright side SM, in the old days claiming some supernatural ability and want to teach others would get you burnt at the stake or stoned to death. Nowadays you just get heckled by text.

no worries. I hate leaving people hanging but I had to separate myself for awhile because the energy of intention around words can be particular painful for me. I am a kinesthetic empath and so feeling the intent of things can be particularly brutal. Santiago keeps telling me I should shield more. It is difficult for me to shield up my heart for then it makes it more difficult to hear those who are genuinely hurting.

As a nurse there is something we must do called Universal Precautions which means we should always wear gloves when we touch a patient even if it is just to pat their hands.I can't. Being a nurse means that sometimes my patients need to feel warm, human skin against theirs so I will not wear gloves if I am doing something like a back massage or holding their hands. Our culture is so touch starved.

Same way in energy. I must be vulnerable if I am to sense what is going on so I can give back. That is how I do my practice.

I really should not be in a place where words are used in combat but knowing that some people do benefit keeps me coming back.

so i said I would withdraw but i see some genuine concerns. if it starts to hurt my heart and spirit again, I will withdraw. It is for self protection reasons.

:)

s

Dear ShaktiMama,

While I do understand your decision to stop contributing to this thread, it makes me very sad.

For me, this ranks as one of the best threads I've ever found on the TaoBums, largely due to your contributions.

What has been so special to me is the fact that what we are talking about, Shaktipat, is actually being demonstrated through the thread as we go! This has been just amazing! Read about it and experience it at the same time!

I pm'd you about the energy I've been experiencing in your posts some days ago, but thought maybe I was the only one experiencing this. But then both RainbowVein and Cat alluded to it in the thread! So others have felt it as well!

At any rate, thank you so much for the time and energy you have invested in this thread.

It has been very special for me, and I am stunned and grateful that such a transfer is possible, and to have had it so palpably demonstrated.

Love, respect, and much gratefulness,

Adeha

thank you, thank you, thank you, Adeha. Thank you for letting me be of service.

I really need to moderate my time I spend here.

I am glad and thankful that you received benefit. I did not do a formal shaktipat. Sometimes it just flows to those who need it. Shakti has her own wisdom.

I hope you can participate in the Shaktipat event I posted for tonight. If it is too late there is a 24 hour window if you would like to participate.

Many blessings

s

I for one hope that you don't let someone's negativity effect you to the extent you quit posting. While I do not use your terminology and have for the most part stayed out of this thread because of that, and I do not always agree with you (most of the time I do), your and Santi's contributions are needed. There is, at this point in time, great need for Teachers with experience. Far too much non-sense is indulged in. Seekers need the voice of experience for assistance. Even if they don't realize it at the time, when they are exposed to energetic experience it does have a positive effect on the person. Sometimes this "making a difference" can move mountains.

thanks Ya Mu. Disagreement makes life interesting. Its how we practice discernment and fine tune our awareness and knowledge bank.

Working with my fair share of Doctors and other professionals, I know they often disagree over things often but professionally, for the best interest of management of patient care they will respect each other even when they disagree. It part of being a professional. If they were all throwing Molotov cocktails at each other and had a scorched earth philosophy ( and I have seen this in the less civilized of them) it is the patient that ultimately suffers.

Same here. It is the seeker that ultimately suffers when there is unprofessional and small minded behavior.

I tried to fit into the culture here by co-opting some of the cultural mores cause, ya know, when you are with the natives, act like the natives. Bad choice. Major fail. :D:lol:

I can only speak from my own experiences and that can and seems to contradict established dogma, particularly the written kind. I am an empiricist. I know what is useful and what is not because what I know is based on what keeps a person alive on the battlefield. If it doesnt keep you alive what good is it except for showing off how shiny our brains are. :lol:

bless you Ya Mu,

s

Having no real ability or comprehension is a truth, really, from a wider perspective. Such is the way of it. But a cowardly unhelpful message to send.:(

here's an article about shakti stuff that is interesting :

rainbow body

About our ignorance ,and more about our potential, our divinity.

Just musing here:

Does recognizing that you have a rainbow body make you a Buddhist or just that you have a rainbow body? Can one describe the rainbow body without using Buddhist or Taoist terms?

I always think of what we are as something indescribeable. It is the description that limits what that is.

People from 5 completely different traditions are looking at a shining light. Does each traditions perceptions make them have ownership of that what they are looking at or just ownership of the descriptions? And do we beat people up because our descriptions and perceptions don't match even though we are looking at that same thing. There are far more similiarites with this than differences the higher you raise your level of looking.

It all gets so confusing for me because I am just standing there in awe looking at the shining light.

:)

s

I always think of what we are as something indescribeable. It is the description that limits what that is.

:D I love you ShaktiMama :D

Don't take things personally. When you are to a point in life where you are just standing in awe of the light, well, there's little "person" left to take things personally right? Both "good" and "bad" things.

And remember, when people "attack" it is ALWAYS because of fear and confusion. The only "real" response can be Love.

Love!

:D

"showing off how shiny our brains are. :lol:"

I figure I'm not actually that smart :lol: So it's worth much more to me and others to act from elsewhere. Not that I'll drop the brain though;-) It's worth its weight.

If you want to convince someone, use stealth. Play to ego. No-one is influenced by outright advertising of course ;-) What I like about you and Santi is that you are pretty raw and that totally offended me :lol:

Tao Semko is right up my street with his intellectual stuff (helps that he's hot and ripped as well ;-))

Mr Hardlight dude looks like Marlon Brando, speaks true, has shakti skill that works ;-)

Scott is something else. A mix of strength and vulnerability and chocolate:-)

Mal is a riot, running sex and guzzi daily and very dear.

Trunk is a Tao-tourist and super technical.

Hundun is random and fun and smart

Cat is terribly British and wonderful and love :)

TaoMeow is wowMeow

ImmortalSister is a sister of mine

PaulWalter is - a real companion and annoying (in a good way)

Sloppy is a dude and cool and smart as hell

Machin Shin is a wild futurist and may look after us later

Ya Mu is potentially one of my next teachers

Rainbow Vein is quiet but very interesting

3Bob might save some of us

Apech is...where is he? I like him!

Cow Tao is a favourite but I don't know why

Mr Marblehead is one of my grandfathers

---

And I send love to everyone I ever hurt

And I forgive everyone who ever hurt me

And I wait for knowledge to stop me hurting anyone less fortunate than me.

Hey Tao99 :D

I won't be popular for this.......

Popularity is overrated anyways ;):D

I won't be popular for this but sometimes a healthy dose of realism, skepticism, disliking, critiquing, or critical thinking can be a good thing, and not an "attack" due to fear and confusion, plus it is just as "real" a response and oft times more valuable.

I'm not trying to define what is and what is not an "attack". Quite simply I don't care to define things much. :) I was merely pointing out that people generally attack other people because they are scared and confused. That's just my experience though...your mileage may vary. :D I personally find that the only appropriate action to "a healthy dose of realism, skepticism, disliking, critiquing, or critical thinking" or anything else for that matter, is Love. But this might make me unpopular ;) Hahahahaha :P

Love!

:D

Hmmm. A Taoist Zennist. Interesting. But let's be clear, your Zen Master doesn't hate love, he's neutral to it. Big difference.

You're showing your age, grandfather ;-)

We callz itz "herb"

Cookies we likez.

Greetings..

We are cohesive units of self-aware energy, manifested physically by the frequencies unique to our individuality, and.. interconnected as Wholeness in a medium of energy that is undetectable by physical senses and described variously as Oneness, Zero Point Field, Aether, Om/Aum, Singularity, etc.. Energy, is remarkably malleable and mutable, Consciousness can affect vibration and frequency resulting in wide ranges of application depending on awareness and understanding.. Shaktipat, is a self-adjusted frequency shift inspired by the belief in a particular process.. this is born-out by the same 'guru' or facilitator attempting to effect the energetic shift on people with differing beliefs.. the non-believer gets nothing, the believer is transformed.. this is not an indictment against the process, more-over it is intended to inspire less resistance.. the effect is genuine and quantifiable..

Oh, and the 'herb' is a very effective and very tangible agent for shifting energetic frequencies.. mores-so if studied and respected as a 'sacrement', as an agent for affecting the mind's 'structure'.. it is the mind's 'structure' that is also its self-imposed prison.. appropriate use of the sacred herb can open the 'structure' enough to glimpse Wholeness, and our relationship with it.. oh, and it can resonate profoundly with Shaktipat..

"The two merge as One, a higher being.. each completing the other in an energetic Symphony of ecstatic realization that echoes forever in the Beings.."

Be well..

Hi Vajrahridaya.:)

Thanks for your links, to be Frank and Ernest at the same time, I'm not entirely, or even at all, concerned about the Buddhist context. Not my area of interest. I didnt post it for scholarly discussion , but for the practical interest about levels of subtle body development, which are outlined here in a way which may be of interest to a lot of taoist practitioners.. or not, who knows.

That's fine to one degree. But, on another... this attitude is what leads to the Dharma ending age. The view posted in the link you gave, completely mis-represents the terms that find their birth in Buddha's teachings. Therefore, your link only ad's to confusion about what Buddhism is teaching as Buddha does not teach of a source of all existence that shines from it's own side, and this is not what Dharmakaya means at all. It's deeply subtle what the Buddha teaches and how it's different from other traditions that lead to good places, worthy places, but not liberation from Samsara as Buddhadharma does. Which is fine... if you want to be a blissful god in a high realm dancing and singing with your favorite deities for a number of eons before being reborn unconsciously into a lower realm having not dealt completely with the seed of Samsaric karma... that's fine... and a worthy goal. It's just not the same goal as Buddhahood. There are better books that talk about how to cultivate the body of energy towards enlightenment and the 3 kayas.

In your link it says that the Dharmakaya has inherent and ultimate existence and the Buddha didn't teach this. Anyone using these terms should know this. Buddhadharma is not about some sort of happy pit stop, as this is all your link is talking about. Buddhadharma talks about the ultimate bliss that is the quality of the state of liberated compassion, which is what the Rainbow Body is. Your link does not really teach about the rainbow body and it's statements will not lead to the rainbow body, at least not the rainbow body of the truly liberated... Buddhas.

This should be known... but do what you will. Your choice. This has nothing to do with scholarly debate, it has to do with the experience the information in that link leads to, as it has nothing to do with the terms being used as they are being used wrongly... leading merely to more confusion and not the Dharma and complete realization of the nature of things.

well someone mailed me and said i should go back and check out the thread i had left. I have. seriously downhill. perhaps it was my difference of opinion and my traditional mindset that might have initiated it. LOL but then again, who am I, so its doubtful.....either way

a little about my mindset first.....

I didnt always think like that. well in the 25+ yrs of martial arts i did as thats how i was raised in it. and also would have loved to find a traditional taoist hermit in some cave teaching me some real stuff. but how often does that happen. LOL Hell i had to go to India to find the real thing, slim chance there too believe me. but the reason i believe what i do is because i have been around the block, been to the "others" and came out with little or nothing. am i saying that EVERYTHING out there available here in the US is a waste of time. NO!!!!! It really depends on what your goal is. Sure we can say we want to love our fellow humans, we want to project qi, we want to hug some trees ( i love trees by the way ) we want to still the mind, we want Shaktipat etc etc etc and there are some out there that can give you that. What if you want more. You want what the Taoist, Buddhist, Hindu (Hindu isnt proper here, its a geographical and political term but i am using for lack of better word) talk about in their scriptures. Well slim chance here in my opinion. If you want some new age interpretation mixed in with some of this and that then great, if you want the real thing then what are the chances??? Just sayin...hard to find and that has been my point thruout.

There has been talk about the Guru thing, been talk about the differences of Buddhism and Vedas or whatever it was that Buddhism goes deeper or the Vedas were wrong i cant remember so pardon me if i got that wrong, i just dont remember since there were so many distracting posts.:lol: anyway here it goes......from an East Indian spiritual standpoint the Guru is EXTREMELY important, its because of all the fakes or even ones like Muktananda that had some power but fell from grace (plenty of dirt available on him and the current leadership) that causes the problems. that and lack of understanding and knowledge. Guru has a certain CULT theme when we here discuss it. it is only due to ignorance as a real Guru is quite different, matter of fact in the Scriptures it also speaks of the Guru being inside YOU. So by not honoring that fact, some would say you are not honoring yourself. Just a point to be taken.

Now as far as Buddhism/VEDA thing. Where did the Buddha come from??? Think about it. Well He certainly didnt like the scriptures as they were expounded on by the Pundits. Meditated and realized the errors. NOT in the scriptures themselves but in the TRANSLATIONS of those that were supposed to be knowledgable that had NO internal/divine knowledge acquired thru austerities (ie meditation). so after a while Buddhism is refined based on the knowledge of those that gained self realization follwing the path of Buddha. GREAT, this is what you are supposed to do. so in a way Buddha is the GURU. so how can the GURU/Disciple relationship NOT be for everyone when this is the case especially for Buddhist in this example, but since the GURU is actually in each of us as well then that means it has to be for everyone....EVENTUALLY :wacko:

The scriptures read like most others, full of metaphors, parables and all kinds of things and that leads to misinterpretations unless one is SELF REALIZED. Those that continually quote the scriptures or refer to them do not have direct realization for the most part themselves. so its futile to even go back and forth. LOL sometimes quoting may make people think and thats a good thing. but trying to expound on them without being REALIZED is embarrassing. :blush: its better to expound from direct knowledge that is true, not hallucinatory in nature or derived from the dynamic mind (dynamic means not truly stilled here)

Now if you really want to know what a difference between the two are and similarites from a PRACTICAL (meaning actual practice) standpoint then i will give you the words of my Guru. This took place at The World Parliment of Religions convened by the DALAI LAMA, my Guru was the only one to speak from India.

Dalai Lama- Nirvana is the exalted state of Buddhism. You are an Indian Yogi, therefore expatiate briefly on it.

Guruji- Nirvana essentially is a term in Sanatana Dharma. Gautama Buddha himself, his parents and his ancestors all belonged to Sanatana Dharma. Whatever Buddha has expounded is all gleaned from Sanatana Dharma. Hence the term Nirvana is not exclusively Buddhist, its origin is in Sanatana Dharma. In the Sanatana Dharma scriptures which were composed a few thousand years before the advent of Buddha, the word Nirvana finds mention. Nirvana is a state of a Yogi. Vana denotes arrow or else breath. Practising diligent yogasadhana when the breathing motion is ceased, this state of cessation is Nirvana. But it should be remembered that this is not the final state of a Yogi. Although at present it is the last stage of Buddhism. After attaining Nirvana, Prana-Vibration does exist a little in the yogi. He cannot attain complete stillness even then. Later when the Yogi augmenting austere sadhana arrives at static Brahma (this is true zero vibration), his sadhana ends there. This state is termed as Nirvikalpa Samadhi or Kriya's Transcendental state. This Nirvikalpa Samadhi is much more elevated than the state of Nirvana.

The discourse went on as to how Buddha followed Sanatana Dharma and that nothing new came from Him. It existed before Him, existed after Him and will always exist etc.

what i like about it is that its not really much of a philosophical discussion, its actual practical knowledge gleaned from 50 plus years of austere meditation that Guruji practices and the Dalai Lama knew that which is why He asked Him to speak on this subject among others such as Mahavira Jain.

So when someone from the West or other places for that matter speaks of obtaining certain things in meditation using the terms above you have to wonder. did they really. cause my gut says NOPE. LOL too many do say it, have said it and will continue to say it but in reality they are dabblers. oh and then they meet Babaji or whatever else. its a joke, think about it. do the TRUE enlightened ones speak that way??????????

As far as Shaktipat goes we have about Shaktipatted it to death. LOL there will be differences of opinion. always. can one say that they went to a supposed Guru and got touched on the head and received Shaktipat. Sure. Is it necessarily life changing or a REAL direct transmission. Not really. Shaktipat in my opinion is for an opening and awakening mainly. it serious. its a big fricken deal. in most circles its not something you get over and over and over and over again as i have read here. once is enough with real shaktipat from a real Guru. Granted the more you progress and if you reach certain stages the Guru may give you more, once. LOL maybe two more times in your life as thats all you need. you dont need it 10 times a year as someone mentioned or daily every workout session at a marital arts studio or wherever. this is what we do here in america and other places thruout the west. its because the term can be used to mean different things and also because we rob the culture of the term and use it for whatever we want to. going to a Guru and paying obseiance and getting touched on the head or wherever isnt a direct transmission its a blessing, do they talk and eat and do other things then?? Surely. if it were a real initiation using shaktipat then it is much more than that, if its actually meant to do something physically/spiritually for the individual then its much more than that. matter of fact its just much more than that. LOL

there have been people from long ago that just touched a Gurus feet or were blessed by their site and had all kinds of things happen, blissful feelings, physical problems cured etc. can this happen. sure. is it a direct transmission of energy to cuase the awakening of kundalini or samadhi or opening the chakras. uh dont think so. different.

anyway. this isnt meant towards anyone in particular as i didnt mention names. so dont get all ruffled up. i did mention some posts but again its not directed at you personally. i figured i would clarify. its meant regardless of how it may sound to throw in some truth and some of my idiotic opinions that are too traditional for some. LOL to each their own.

For :ph34r: Ninja-didnt want to waste space with another long post so i will add here. gut equals opened awareness, intuition whatever. playful terminology.

reminding you again i am not speaking directly about anyone. when i say HERE it means here as in almost everywhere, specifically the west.not just this thread or forum for that matter. there are some here that are good guiders. they will guide and help people and eventually some of those people will find what they seek and need later, so you can thank them for getting those people started.

as for the rest of the statements all i can say is believe what you will.

Edited by yuanqi