Starjumper

Starman returns

It seems to be a self-revealing system...and the spontaneous practice contains a near infinite amount of exercises within it. I'd say it's complete if the practitioner masters the 2 main techniques.

I see, well I don't have time now because I must be leaving for the mountains tonight, but when I return, if I can find this thread, I'll tell you some of the aspects of a 'complete' holistic system and we can compare notes. Also, this idea of spontaneous (formlessness) has been taken too far by some teachers. In the tai chi classics it says very clearly that one must first study the forms before one can arrive at the formless, and study the forms in Nei Kung means the ten thousand techniques!!! No ifs ands or buts about it ... and now there are people coming out of the woodwork pandering formless and they don't have a clue what they are talking about. Yet it doesn't keep the uninformed from believing them.

To the person who wrote me a PM, no I don't teach for free. My teacher told me people must pay, and it's only available in Seattle, and only to people who have the right stuff.

I hope to return by Sunday, must put roof on house now.

:blink: the things we need to do :P Have fun

I see, well I don't have time now because I must be leaving for the mountains tonight, but when I return, if I can find this thread, I'll tell you some of the aspects of a 'complete' holistic system and we can compare notes. Also, this idea of spontaneous (formlessness) has been taken too far by some teachers. In the tai chi classics it says very clearly that one must first study the forms before one can arrive at the formless, and study the forms in Nei Kung means the ten thousand techniques!!! No ifs ands or buts about it ... and now there are people coming out of the woodwork pandering formless and they don't have a clue what they are talking about. Yet it doesn't keep the uninformed from believing them.

I look forward to reading what you write.

That was a nice read and great photos.

I used to hike and backpack a lot and climb a little when i was a lot younger.

I'd have to train a bit before trying to tackle something like that.

It's been mostly Taiji and meditation for the past several years.

Glad you liked it. By 'tackle that' did you mean the pack up to Easy pass or the climbing we did later =) I'm guessing you mean the climbing part. Well, I don't usually get myself into that kind of trouble when i go into the mountains. It's the captain, he cwazy. I found it's a good idea a lot of times to, if he says "lets go up there" to just say NO. Sometimes I stay in camp and do tai chi and chi kung and sword practice while he goes peak bagging but more and more I feel like going into the mountains alone. ... like the time I went for four days before while juice fasting on a small amount of diluted fruit juice.

Hey, Funky Honcho.

I was wondering about you these past days, and now here you are, baaack and lookin mighty fine.

Welcome Back. :)

You were missed.

I missed you too Cat and am looking forward to reading more of your posts. It's interesting that you were thinking about me too. It seems some of us establish some psychic connections over the internet.

I look forward to reading what you write.

OK, for a refresher for other readers, this is concerning the spontaneous and formless systems that seems to be sprouting up like weeds everywhere recently. I don't know, was I the first to write about formless on my website and now others are copying it? Sometimes it seems that way.

The words spontaneous and formless can refer to different things and yet they are related. Of course spontaneous can be done by anyone with little or no training.

Sorry, got to sigh off for now.

To the person who wrote me a PM, no I don't teach for free. My teacher told me people must pay, and it's only available in Seattle, and only to people who have the right stuff.

Interesting angle there. My personal experience is based on spontaneous moves being a result of and addition to a strict and specific system of qigong forms. I would very much like to learn if there has been some research on or if there exist systems that have studied and systemized spontanous reactions and put them in context with the meridians and inner organs actually being stimulated. I am sure some experienced grandmasters recognize the actual language of spontaneous reactions and its part of their diagnostic "instruments", but do you know if there is any literature on this? prefereably with illustrations? -_-

and yes and no, I am not talking about epileptic seizures.

Edited by rain

well I guess thats why it could be darn important to sit and forget on a regular basis?

more regular and basic the more you learn maybe? do we believe the subconscious' ability to serve is based

on endless creative intelligens? or lean more to the hope that perhaps the myriad of combination based on the ten thousandss of techniques offer just this toolbox for human development?

Edited by rain

well I guess thats why it could be darn important to sit and forget on a regular basis? more regular and basic the more you learn maybe?

I never thought of it that way. Sometimes I don't think much =) but yes that does make a lot of sense. Sitting and forgetting must be an important part of it.

do we believe the subconscious' ability to serve is based on endless creative intelligens? or lean more to the hope that perhaps the myriad of combination based on the ten thousandss of techniques offer just this toolbox for human development?

I'm sorry, I don't really understand your question but I think I lean more towards the second choice :)

way. Sometimes I don't think much =) but yes that does make a lot of sense.

-

brilliant. thank you.

Starjumper,

I thought you said you were going to drop the Kunlun bashing and just share what you got? Now your doing the same thing just in a slightly less adolescent way.

You sound like a kid comparing his toys to someone elses. I have more and it's better. If you bothered reading about Kunlun it's about returning to the root and simplicity not learning more and getting more power.

In any case, your even wrong on that front. Max teaches tons of practices besides the Kunlun 1 posture. There are 3 levels of Kunlun practice.

There is also 5 element standing-a form-where you hold postures-that balances the 5 elements/organs and emotions.

In any case, I am sure you have good stuff to share-with however many or few people-but why not learn more about Kunlun before you critique it?

Heck, wasn't Max just recently in Seattle? If you really cared so much and feel yourself the authority on Nei Kung you couldn't have showed up to his free lecture and challenged his views to see what's real or not? That would have been too difficult to drive a few minutes to see him in person for free but your willing to speculate and insult online right?

Please.

Edited by Cameron

seems like you jolly well like the jumping and good reciporcal qi..(nice slip there)

at least outside of the car, sir.

hm. maybe it would be a very good thing to be your student

the program seems well packed and challenging, you come across

as more than average willing to be responsible and available.

layers and layers...reminds me of adobe systems

Edited by rain

SJ7

A member here, 'fiveelementstao' I think, had a really good explanation of the difference between most cultivation methods and the methods taught in Maoshan and Max's Kunlun schools...

Most go from 'something to nothing to something'.... Kunlun goes from 'nothing to something to nothing'.... this really set of a light bulb for me.

I agree that your style of training requires to really get deep into the 'something' the ten thousand layers of the body and mind and energy... working layer by layer and building up to a state of emptiness, of nothingness, of simplicity...

Kunlun is the opposite - we start with the very simplest of methods... we learn nothing (that statement deserves to be re-read several times). We unlearn everything. and surrender all our acquired 'something'... we surrender it into nothing... then from the nothingness arise the ten thousand things...

I tend to agree that for spontaneous movements to progress rapidly you need to be open to new ways of movement. Also, that it's important for the body to be fully stretched and strong.

For those reasons, I've added another technique to my practice. A muscle/tendon changing exercise that works on healing the spine. It's not essential but it helps kunlun level 1 along a lot more quickly.

When I said that Kunlun is self revealing, I meant that it can show you what you need to do. For myself, I developed a nasty knot in my back and neck (which is still there but less impinging). So that's why I've added this other technique...which opens the spine, atlas, shoulders and hips.

but I do think letting go/surrendering/allowing COMPLETELY is necessary. Then it's just energy flowing through the body, revealing the blockages.

The spontaneous practice is one aspect. The other aspect is red phoenix. It's been described as "the controller of the generated energy". That doesn't make much sense to me...all I can really do is describe the results I've had, but even that is misleading. All I have to say is that I think RP is the key to this system, and K1 helps RP work better. Just my view.

I've recently had some pretty nice experiences as a result of improving my practice. Enlightenment experiences that come and go. What has been happening is that a cool energy at the crown drips or emanates down through the body (if I am relaxed and surrendered completely), awakening and opening everything as it goes. My body gets filled with fresh warm spring breeze bliss, and my mind flips into pure experience. My heart is opened, and my belly sucks in energy which is automatically regenerated. It seems as if my body isn't solid and that this breeze blows through the tissues in different natural ways. I taste freedom and vastness. ...Totally subjective, personal, and poorly explained experience.

So perhaps kunlun is more of a spiritual path, rather than a power path. But I think power can be developed alongside with no problems (and I think also as a side effect). Your system + kunlun would probably be VERY amazing.

Care to share what that technique is? I'm still a little stiff around my upper rib cage to jade pillow.

I got the feeling too: when I saw Max he was carrying around a blue bezoar stone and said it came from the Nagas (snake people that live underground) and he was wearing all black.

Ooh! Thanks Scotty. Reading about other peoples' experiences they talk of a 'Kunlun worm' inside of them and even if they don't practice, the practice doesn't leave them alone. Does Kunlun involve contact with nagas?

I had Scott's reaction when looking at Max's photo before I had seen him. In person, I'm totally comfortable around Max. The practice can bring up negative feelings at times, but I take that to be that it has a lot of Scorpio/Mars-Pluto/ego stinger vibe in it.

That 'sinister feeling' I recognise very well. It's the feeling that the little mind generates when it's threatened.

I've had this many times, and have developed a real taste for it.

Yumm

:)

That 'sinister feeling' I recognise very well. It's the feeling that the little mind generates when it's threatened.

I've had this many times, and have developed a real taste for it.

Yumm

:lol:

Well that's one of us then!! :lol:

It's like playing chicken of the sea. But sometimes my feet do get a little bit wet. B)

Ooh! Thanks Scotty. Reading about other peoples' experiences they talk of a 'Kunlun worm' inside of them and even if they don't practice, the practice doesn't leave them alone. Does Kunlun involve contact with nagas?

I have no idea...I haven't seen anything strange.

There isn't a kunlun worm inside of us. But there is a constant sensation of the transmission energy. Is there an off switch for it? Maybe not...so people should make the right choice when deciding if they want to practice this.

"coffee helps me go to sleep". :blink:

Don't worry, my mom says that alot. but she doesn't practice thunder magic.

I thought you said you were going to drop the Kunlun bashing and just share what you got? Now your doing the same thing just in a slightly less adolescent way.

Well Cameron, I guess I gave you the wrong impression. Actually it's Max bashing, not Kunlun bashing, and what I said I would do here is drop the name calling, not the objections I have. I've got a lot more ammunition now (in addition to the original feeling I had, which was that of being overwhelmed with bullshit) and I'm going to shoot all of it, hopefully in a constructive way. Some of the answers to my objections, which I've gotten so far from people like Scotty and others, have been constructive and helpful.

Edited by Starjumper7

Heck, wasn't Max just recently in Seattle? If you really cared so much and feel yourself the authority on Nei Kung you couldn't have showed up to his free lecture and challenged his views to see what's real or not?

I heard he was coming to Seattle and was thinking of going after hearing from my friend. I checked this forum and didn't see any mention of it and so I thought maybe it had been dropped. Then I heard about some comments from people upline in his lineage and from Max himself and my idea of going changed to 'no way'. Also, I've heard reports of other advanced practitioners who have challenged him and they all gave negative reports so I felt no reason to go myself for the sake of challenging anything, nor would I want to do it and rain on his presentation.