Starjumper

Starman returns

Oh..ok..cool..Max and anoother person from hundreds of years ago..interesting..

*backs away from thread*

Yeah, he has milked this one for enough attention already.

I know Max better than anybody and I can tell you that there is nothing negative there. We are VERY open about everything.

Steve would be ashamed of himself if he ever met Max in person.

Having said that I wish him the best.

You said little to nothing about you and your sorcerer's path.

I wonder what do you really want.

Check my post #37 in this thread, and #33 refers to it a bit too. There have also been a few other ofhand references to it. If you mean you want me to describe some of the results of the practice I may be able to do that, if I can figure out how to get around the tower of the spirit =)

I can't find any info on another ching fung tao shr.

I think it's only oral, and that is a problem.

Yeah, he has milked this one for enough attention already.

I know Max better than anybody and I can tell you that there is nothing negative there. We are VERY open about everything.

Steve would be ashamed of himself if he ever met Max in person.

Having said that I wish him the best.

I did say he was a nice person with good intentions, but like Stig pointed out 'good' can be a slippery thing .. AND, concerning open, we are all aware of the Coyote designation and it's meaning, correct?

I'm almost done packing now. I'll find this thread when I return.

Edited by Starjumper7

He's wants attention.

My guess is he is jealous of Max.

Maybe he once dreamed about doing what you guys are doing? Bringing a powerful system to the public and is angry or something? He keeps saying he doesn't want more students then says he wants to build a practice center or something.

The thing about his approach is instead of trying to use Max as a springboard to attract students here if he just came here and humbly told people what he was teaching-like Chris did-he would have gotten a better response.

We are all where we are at. A simple thing to do for all of us who know Max in real life is ask would Max ever say the things Steve has said or put down students the way Steve has.

I don't think so.

And how many students of Steve are here raving about his system? None. Maybe his teacher was good but I haven't heard anyone else who has ever studied with Steve telling us he is a good teacher or backing up his character at all.

I don't remember the last time I heard a high level teacher raving about there own system. There students do it for them.

Edited by Cameron

Ian wrote:

Please understand, I'm not claiming access to any facts here, merely stating the impression I'm getting.

Namely that you're starting to come across as a nutter. Do be careful !

SJ wrote:

Thanks, I'm well aware of that, which is why I stopped where I did

But SJ, didn't you post this passage, explaining why "Max-attacks" are unavoidable...?

The Tower of the Spirit

The spirit has an impregnable tower

Which no danger can disturb

As long as the tower is guarded

By the invisible Protector

Who acts unconsciously, and whose actions

Go astray when they become deliberate

Reflective, and intentional.

The unconsciousness

And entire sincerity of Tao

Are disturbed by any effort

At self-conscious demonstration

All such demonstrations

Are lies.

When one displays himself

In this ambiguous way

The world outside storms in

And imprisons him.

He is no longer protected

By the sincerity of Tao.

Each new act

Is a new failure.

If his acts are done in public,

In broad daylight,

He will be punished by men.

If they are done in private

And in secret,

They will be punished

By spirits.

Let each one understand

The meaning of sincerity

And guard against display!

He will be at peace

With men and spirits

And will act rightly, unseen,

In his own solitude,

In the tower of the spirit.

-from The Way of Chuang Tzu by Thomas Merton

It's funny. Jesus' saying always is relevant, even if you're an atheist:

Matt 7:1-3

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? NIV

SJ, I think your system of neigong sounds great. But it does seem like your character is lacking.

Many people in this thread have brought this up...even others who don't like kunlun.

As for myself, I see nothing wrong with you besides that you will say something to get people's attention...like "I have this insider information" and then you will hold off to keep that attention, saying "I will share it later". If you really have something to say, then say it and stop worrying about what people will think of you. Then I will be able to respect something you say.

There's no good reason to formulate how you're going to approach the issue of debunking kunlun/Max/whatever. If you have to think about it so hard, then it's probably a useless endeavor. It's only damaging to yourself.

The drain you feel from this may be due more to your own efforts, than "psychic attacks" from anyone here.

Is this a mini - series shown in the afternoons, involving a lot of hairspray

Well I've got my video tape set to record :P Like most tv shows I'd probable be better off wasting my time doing something useful but I'm interested in what star has to say. Just need to fast forward to the "good bit"

To enjoy a bit of soap opera speculation "Ohhh look, star and taom are fighting"

(but too lazy to go to empirical and actually check)

{apologies if that is actually offensive, not my intent}

LOL

Not for nothing Cameron, this powerful practice of Kunlun really belongs to Master Jenny Lamb, Max has only added his Red Phoenix. If anyone deserves anything, its Jenny and her spontaneous Qi Kung system that has made Max well known NOW. She deserves much more credit then a mention of "kunlun sister" in his book wouldnt you agree?

Im on no ones side, but i have alot more respect for Jenny then I do Max and would rather learn her system and all its theories, philosphies which she is holding a seminar very soon. Then to be caught up in the hype of max as a maoshan master turning into a golden dragon body, a transmission that he has added as well the whole kunlun history, demon cave which isnt even part of Jennys Spontaneous system. So i can see why Starjumper is now worried and is trying to "SAVE" People when in fact he is better off banging his head against a wall cause you are all happy with your practice under Max.

Anyway im going now to make some popcorn and watch this Sh!t fight unfold!!!!

Spirit Ape

Just like to mention that i have nothing against Max personally, its just my preferance to learn the complete art from Jenny then Max as Max has added his own stuff to it. I like to keep things simple and complete of its original form!

Thats all!

Cool, Have fun studying with Jenny.

I would jump at the opportunity to do a workshop with her too.

The real truth is all we have is our experience. I haven't ever met Sifu Jenny. But I have met Max, so I can comment on what that was like. You haven't met Max, but you will might meet Jenny, maybe later you will meet Max. Then you can make comments about who you like better(kind of silly-my guess is they both deserve our highest respect).

Starjumper, for example, has never met Max. But has a feeling that Max is sinister. It's not an opinion based on any experience with Max but he has a feeling. Can we really say if Starjumper didn't just eat a bad burrito that gave him indegestion and he mistook that feeling for Max being sinister? Or maybe Max resembles a high school bully that used to abuse him and this is some strange way for him to get back at that guy.

But this sort of thing isn't based on his experience with Max or in other words based on reality. It's based on his imagination.

Let us know what the Sifu Jenny workshop is like if you go.

Cam

Edited by Cameron

I am hoping to get to the seminar in Canada but ill see if not i hope alot of TTB goes and supports her system as well Max's but i dont think she will draw in a bigger crowd then Max as he has made a huge name off Kunlun and people will want to feel a transmission or expect to be or seen people be thrown around.

I do think that Jennys seminar by the sounds breakdown what you will feel and also how it heals the body according to the elements. This is why i think its better to have her theories of knowing what the hell is happening and what to know when something arises from it. I dont know if Max breaksdown all of this but so far no one of the Kunluners know what type of Qi it is or isnt. When Jenny will be sharing all this!

That is my humble opinion!

Ape

Ahh, well, good luck in any case. More about direct experience than theory imo but if she gives alot of theory that might be helpful to people.

Edited by Cameron

Very interesting discourse. Issues have presented (for me) with both Starjumper and Mantra (proxy for Max). Preponderance of truth is with one or the other...encourage continued openness between you...by such means will the balance be revealed.

Kindly.

xeno

Edited by xenolith

I am not sure why people scorn at Theory! Of course, theory cannot replace practice or assume greater importance over practice, but it certainly has its place. A solid theoretical background is a good foundation and if someone discourages that, I would smell fish. Not really saying this specific to Kunlun for I have not read those bundles of discussion in the past, but relying only on direct experience! Especially when a lot of this "experience" is an object of the mind which is a hallucinating monkey? Nah nah for a beginner :)

The following is the classic Upanishadic characteristic of a teacher, which I don't think is irrelevant if quoted here: shrotriyam brahmanishtham. The teacher is described as a shrotriya and a brahmanishtha. A shrotriya is one who has "heard" the teachings from his master. Hearing is in two ways: through his lineage of masters and through the scriptures. Thus, this accounts not only for his theoretical knowledge, but also for his capability to lucidly communicate the same to his students. In fact, this instruction precedes the practical instruction. Every category of teaching, except the actual experience of the Divine itself, which really is not the path but the goal, is meant to be included in this category. And then the second characteristic is brahmanishtha, which literally means "stationed steadily or unceasingly in the brahman or the self", which practically means the one who has practically experienced the fruitification of the technique or teaching in consideration. In simple words, he is a Siddha or the "accomplished one" in terms of the technique in consideration. Now, for a student trying to choose a teacher, the first is easier to gauge than the second. The student chooses someone based on the first and gives a little time to experience the second. Both these characteristics are considered important in a good teacher.

Edited by SiliconValley

To me "Direct experience " is to learn the complete system and then find my enlightenment through practice. To help people that are practicing the same system and have a inner working of what and how it all works.

You dont go and learn Taiji off a person that has no idea of the principles and theories behind there movements do you, i hope not?! One must understand what its all about before trying this art you dont know what the inventor was trying to achieve or be understood with this art Max is teaching. No one know what spin Max has put on it himself apart what he has told you. How long did he learn this from Jenny, over how many months, yrs etc? Is it easy enough to buy his book and learn all 3 as he has given out so generously or do you need to learn it from a teacher if in that case a teacher why create a book? These are questions that come up in my mind if i was to learn Spontaneous Qi Kung.

Ape

I doubt many would stop doing kunlun even if it was PROVEN 100% FATAL (ok a bit extreme)

I do a heap of things that are unhealthy (eating chocolate springs to mind)

and very likely to kill me (I ride a motorbike)

The smart thing to do would be to stop, but I don't.

So that chance that a meditation that I really enjoy is going to hurt me........... call me stupid but I will take that chance, because that is the sort of person I am.

Yes, there is no guarentees in anything Mal, still would be nice to understand what Jenny taught Max and see what Max is teaching out purely as hers or his own spin of it. Would also like to know why Max added a transmission and red phoenix or he didnt feel Jennys system had enough juice?

Ya know what i mean?

Cam,

Knowing what that theory is could also make you understand what is also happening with you and whatever happens to you during or after practice. Maybe Jenny has complete different theories to max that could unlock more hidden internal workings.

cheers

Ape

I agree do with out knowing is also pointless! :P Its all good i think kunlun 1,2,3 or jennys art is a very good healing art and can do some interesting things.

Its great that its out there....