I will become immortal 😠

I want to become powerful

Pls give me techniques for becoming powerful. I have done every possible things in the modern world to be come powerful and now when I looked through ancient ones i found daoism and I have already done some breathing techniques but i don't feel any different because i don't know the science behind it. If any senior can help me I am willing to do anything 

• Haha 5

On 11/29/2022 at 9:07 AM, I will become immortal 😠 said:

I have already done some breathing techniques but i don't feel any different because i don't know the science behind it.

Well, to become powerful has something to do with lots of breathing practice. It is not totally depend on the technique, rather, it is how much one had done the practice diligently. It takes years of practice. It cannot be accomplished in one day but many many years ahead.

No one seems to be interested in the science of it but you. It is a good sight.

Edited by ChiDragon

On 11/29/2022 at 12:07 PM, I will become immortal 😠 said:

Pls give me techniques for becoming powerful. I have done every possible things in the modern world to be come powerful and now when I looked through ancient ones i found daoism and I have already done some breathing techniques but i don't feel any different because i don't know the science behind it. If any senior can help me I am willing to do anything 

I think starting from the idea of Ego and trying to use Mass Mind is probably the fastest way. Ego is not intelligence and any stable structures/observation about Ego really do not last in the sunlight of a Mass Mind.

"Tapping the Mass Mind" might make more sense to you.

Ego equations (What you consider ego to be or what you consider ego from):

"Sight older than Sight" is pleasant
"What are directions on sight that cannot be ordered" is what I use personally

It is not necessary to consider an ego equation, in all honestly you can just keep saying Ego inside your head and observing it as having grown larger, that really does enough. "A cold ego is a healthy one" considers that you do not even need to do this but to do it anyways is pleasant. I like that advice because it's a bit soft to all expectations.

The Traitorous Sea seems to fit you. It would be like considering yourself as a traitor among a sea of evidence, other traitors and so on. To keep placing more and more traitors inside the sea is pleasant, purity in this regard is having all the traitors be you, but it is ill for me to consider my advice so far above your head.

Traitorous Sea: Everything is a traitor, even particles speak their defeat. An ideal environment would last your cruelties, even your failures would be the aurora of divinity. A sneeze would be transformed into the hail of gods if observed correctly. Perhaps your perception is traitorous for hiding your success and replacing it with failure. Of all this, to not consider your ego the traitor once is probably what bliss feels like. 

There's other paths to consider, an Archmage would not shame themselves for their appearance. They'd see themselves openly even as having woken up with Amnesia, and in no need to extort their bodies to feel magic more easily. Like a fiction, they would search their dreams for new sources of magic and consider themselves experts already.

Stories like this are odd to consider but they consider the right perspective to start from; this is probably the benefit of Ego. A large Ego can easily take these stories, whereas Mass Mind does not consider practice of mastery or skill to be important. What does the Ego of an Archmage look like? The Traitorous Sea can easily consider this observation.

The best advice I can give is that the body is not to be blamed. Chemicals consider their mother easily, the only problem I see is communication, not lack of resources or accumulation. Cultivators who blame their bodies for weaknesses and deficiencies have hard lives, and even cruel traitors would find it harsh to punish them.

Regardless, Chemical immortality is not even hard to consider, whereas scientist can't tell a microscope from conscious patterns. The only evidence is that immortals do not like being observed, but this is no reason to respect them or feel limitation by the base ground of technology. If you feel discouraged about psychic powers and so on, knowing that you're the only one who has to see these things work is not a bad place to start from; Insanity even can bridge the gaps in observation and failure and is not ill. Past efforts do not have to be wasted, they just do not have to be considered further.

TLDR: Making your ego larger (Observing it as growing larger) , trying to use Mass Mind (Being cruel to your ego first/"there should be no one else there even in physical matter"), enlarging the Traitorous Sea and considering yourself as one of the traitors/no real reason for any order or slavery of constants.

Edited by Mithras

On 11/30/2022 at 3:07 AM, I will become immortal 😠 said:

Pls give me techniques for becoming powerful.

If you are more powerful there will be less power for me.

I give you the Taiji system to become powerful. It take about 3 to 5 years of practice diligently to condition your body to begin with. It take another 5 to 10 years and more to become real powerful.

Taiji Fajin is the most powerful force which one can be acquired from Taiji practice.

Please observe his stance, the knees are standing at 90 degrees at Zhan Zhuang(站樁) position. It is the highest realm one can acquire from Zhan Zhuang(站樁).

Edited by ChiDragon

On 11/29/2022 at 11:07 AM, I will become immortal 😠 said:

Pls give me techniques for becoming powerful.

Why should the powerful share that power with you?

You haven't shown any worthy use of power that one should trust you with it.

On 11/29/2022 at 11:07 AM, I will become immortal 😠 said:

How old are you?  I bet you're like 13 years old.  Too immature for anything from this forum.  

Best power you can acquire is knowledge of the world.  That's learned by living in it and holding a prestigious job.  Go be a doctor or a lawyer.  Don't waste your time here.  

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Jadespear said:

How old are you?  I bet you're like 13 years old.  Too immature for anything from this forum.  

Best power you can acquire is knowledge of the world.  That's learned by living in it and holding a prestigious job.  Go be a doctor or a lawyer.  Don't waste your time here.  

Seems mean spirited.   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Brad M said:

Seems mean spirited.   

Actually no. There are many that join this site looking for exotic teachings such as MoPai including all the fake promises made by followers of MoPai and others that have advertised here. This site for some odd reason attracts those that have an incessant need to play with fire. When an amateur practitioner gets burned it is expected that some on this site may provide salvation and wound healing of sorts. It is very easy to light the flame, but it can get out of control rather quickly. 

Edited by ralis
  • Like 6

I used to be a 'power tripper '  .... well, I  was accused of it , when I was ( many times over the years ) a director of the company that holds title on our community . Mostly what I did was try to follow the rules ( the people themselves voted on making in the first place ) , make exemptions when considered important ( in group decision with other directors)  and  also mostly ( because I was often asked to  ) to fairly mediate between two conflicting parties - then getting dissed by the party that didnt get what they want - who was usually the one  that asked me to do it in the first place because I was so 'fair'  :D .   Ahhhhh - humans !    Dissidents complained we  where on a power trip , so they stopped paying rent and got up to all sorts of subversive mischief , rule breaking and   thumbing their noses afterwards . " Oh  meh meh meeeh , you guys have all the power ! "   

Okay, so I refused to be re-elected, so did the others . Then the dissidents  took control and got voted in as directors .

What  delightful karma !  After a brief period of gloating and thinking they had seized power they soon realised it wasnt power but problem .  Now they are the ones complaining that no one follows rules ( we still do, but they dont   ) , and that there isnt enough money in funds to do what they need ( because they stopped paying rent years back - we never did and still do  )   :D   and most delightful of all ,  complain that the job doesnt have any power associated with it  after all, just bothersome work, responsibility,   and people complaining at them  unfairly  for doing their work for them ! .....  

large_house_on_haunted_hill_x02_blu-ray_

Oh, what delicious  schadenfreude .

'Gaining power' might not end up as one imagined    ;)  

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

@I will become immortal 😠

It is a matter of historical record that Allied Supreme Commander General Dwight D. Eisenhower made the decision to send 18 year old soldiers to their deaths on June 6th 1944. Young green recruits were highly motivated to destroy the Third Reich and kill Hitler, but had no combat experience. Whereas, battle hardened front line troops would have resisted storming the beaches of Normandy knowing their odds of survival were low. Besides, battle hardened front line troops are extremely valuable for winning a war.

Why would I write about a historical event as a response to the OP wanting power? General Eisenhower was given power over all Allied Forces which put a heavy weight of power and responsibility on his shoulders. With any type of power comes greater responsibility to others, and is not to be taken lightly! In his case it was the power over life and death.

Take Jadespear's advice to heart!

Edited by ralis
  • Like 3

if you are willing to do anything try repeating St. Francis of Assisi prayer 50 times a day...

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace:
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
where there is sadness, joy.
O divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek
to be consoled as to console,
to be understood as to understand,
to be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive,
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think it’s unfair to be derisive of young people that talk like this!

People only ever seek power in this direct way when they’re really hurting in some way. 

Whether they lack control over themselves… or feel they don’t have some place in society… or have a difficult home situation… issues with self esteem, etc.

Power seems like an antidote to all of this.

Of course it’s not - but it seems like it :) 

@I will become immortal 😠 There are different forms of power. Maybe you can investigate it within yourself - what sort of power do you want? 

Or put another way - say you get power, what would having this power achieve that’s even more important than the power itself? (Not a rhetorical question - would be interesting to hear).

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with building strength and power over yourself…

If, however, you feel you want power over others, you’ll find that this road leads eventually to a kind of inner hell realm - not a fun situation…

However if you develop INNER  strength, confidence and competence, you’ll find that people naturally respect you for that - without you needing to control them in any way… and your journey on earth will be more interesting to boot.

But there are no shortcuts. Just coz there’s esoteric methods for this in Daoism and other traditions, it doesn’t mean it’s easy… in fact in reality it’s a more difficult path than what @Jadespear suggests - which is becoming very good at a highly valued profession.

Worth repeating… Its far easier to become a respected dr, architect, lawyer, software developer etc… than to get anywhere with internal training.

Breathing a certain way a few times won’t do much to be honest… it’ll require much more of you than that :) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, freeform said:

I think it’s unfair to be derisive of young people that talk like this!

People only ever seek power in this direct way when they’re really hurting in some way. 

Whether they lack control over themselves… or feel they don’t have some place in society… or have a difficult home situation… issues with self esteem, etc.

Power seems like an antidote to all of this.

Of course it’s not - but it seems like it :) 

@I will become immortal 😠 There are different forms of power. Maybe you can investigate it within yourself - what sort of power do you want? 

Or put another way - say you get power, what would having this power achieve that’s even more important than the power itself? (Not a rhetorical question - would be interesting to hear).

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with building strength and power over yourself…

If, however, you feel you want power over others, you’ll find that this road leads eventually to a kind of inner hell realm - not a fun situation…

However if you develop INNER  strength, confidence and competence, you’ll find that people naturally respect you for that - without you needing to control them in any way… and your journey on earth will be more interesting to boot.

But there are no shortcuts. Just coz there’s esoteric methods for this in Daoism and other traditions, it doesn’t mean it’s easy… in fact in reality it’s a more difficult path than what @Jadespear suggests - which is becoming very good at a highly valued profession.

Worth repeating… Its far easier to become a respected dr, architect, lawyer, software developer etc… than to get anywhere with internal training.

Breathing a certain way a few times won’t do much to be honest… it’ll require much more of you than that :) 

Ahem.... can we please stop with the "let's understand" mindset.  Some random person comes in here asking how to become powerful.... that's all that person has said.  There has been no discussion on why, for what purpose, or even for what one hopes to learn.  I hope anyone with a semblance of conscience has the decency to be honest with such a person, like I am.  It's just like someone saying, "I want to be rich".  With no discussion on the means to become rich and how to navigate that road.   

Impressionable young people are the easiest to control.  Which is why they should learn and grow up as quick as they can. 

Everyone wants the power to direct their own lives.  This person doesn't seem like they are inquiring about that...they seem to want power over other people, or the power to do something else to someone else or something that they currently do not possess.  Such desires are child's play without a larger context. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jadespear said:

This person doesn't seem like they are inquiring about that...they seem to want power over other people, or the power to do something else to someone else or something that they currently do not possess.  Such desires are child's play without a larger context. 

Sounds just like your dreaded “let’s understand” mindset to me!… or at least it’s slightly self-centred cousin “I already understand”.

Edited by freeform
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, freeform said:

Sounds just like your dreaded “let’s understand” mindset to me!… or at least it’s slightly self-centred cousin “I already understand”.

... yeah I don't need people pissing down my back and telling me its raining.  It's easy to intuitively know where a person is coming from, especially having been there yourself. 

What do you care freeform?  Why would you even respond like you did to this person?  Obviously they don't care about anything besides being powerful... is that what you are like to? 

• Like 1

People will give some not so great advice, and the good news is, power seekers won’t listen anyway.

The script is old. Freeform cares enough to guide, but just enough to give some sensible advice and not enough to encourage harmful actions, which he’s trying to prevent.

Good practices are already available here, both cheap and even some decent videos that won’t cost a dime to watch to at least be educated.

I hope OP doesn’t expect people just to hand everything to him—work hard and sacrifice, don’t demand others who did to do it for you.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jadespear said:

What do you care freeform?

I don’t really care :) 

Why would you even respond like you did to this person?

Because sometimes a little kindness can help turn a trajectory of one’s life around.

It's easy to intuitively know where a person is coming from, especially having been there yourself. 

Are you saying you’ve been there yourself?

And if you met this younger, more disempowered version of yourself - would you show him kindness or derision?

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

work hard and sacrifice, don’t demand others who did to do it for you.

Hard work is probably the saving grace of these arts… it creates humility… so does training at a good martial arts school!

• Like 3

It seems that 'I will become immortal - cranky face '  has given up already .

Or maybe he died since he stated this thread ?

• Haha 3

The URL in the bottom right corner at last gave me hope again when it was but lost. There are still honest to earth taicheers in the world.

Edited by Taoist Texts
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2