thelerner

Gaming Corner- What's your game

Maybe we can get people meeting up and playing games together during the lockdown.  

I'm a Mac user.  Got Steam.  Intimidated by Valve's Left 4 Dead and Team Fortress 2.  My kids are experts at them though.  It'd be fun to learn with other newbs who don't mind an older slower player. I grew with simple top down games.  I remember being in awe of Space Invaders and Galaxian.  My fingers and brain don't react as well to 3D.  

Any Steam games recommended?  

Also an Ocular Quest II VR user.  I love it, remarkable technology.  I play Drop Dead and Arizona Sunshine, two zombie games that are multi-player.  Be fun to hook up with another player.  

How about you guys.  What's your system, what do you play?

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

I maintain a small rented island on the Second Life mainland. Visitors could be...interesting. 

island_001.png

Edited by Sketch
  • Like 1

I play almost all genres grew up in the glorious times of Real time Strategy games and First person shooters :)

@thelerner you should explore the infinite worlds of Vrchat with your oculus quest if you find the time the game is free (its basically a social meetup game where users can create their own worlds and avatars theres alot to see from japanese temple to huge fantasy worlds)

If anyone wants to play we probably can find a game we have in common either pm me or add me on discord Milo#8844

• Thanks 1

We got the first generation Oculus. I thought it was the closest experience I've had to lucid dreaming while awake. It is interesting to see how, given enough time, one reifies and solidifies literal light into solid objects. I was playing this game where I tried to lean on a bar and was surprised to find that it could not support my body. I think there is a lot of potential, but it's not quite there yet. 

• Like 2

On 09/01/2021 at 1:55 PM, Sketch said:

I maintain a small rented island on the Second Life mainland. Visitors could be...interesting. 

island_001.png

I had no idea Second Life was still going! I used to play this about 15 years ago.

I recently bought a gaming laptop and have been trying to figure out how to play Total War Warhammer (always been a big fan of the tabletop game). Also bought Assassins Creed Valhalla, which is incredible and also a little terrifying as a testament to how far games have come since I last played with any regularity (Sega Megadrive/Genesis as a kid)

On 16/01/2021 at 2:17 PM, forestofemptiness said:

We got the first generation Oculus. I thought it was the closest experience I've had to lucid dreaming while awake. It is interesting to see how, given enough time, one reifies and solidifies literal light into solid objects. I was playing this game where I tried to lean on a bar and was surprised to find that it could not support my body. I think there is a lot of potential, but it's not quite there yet. 

Reminds me of this classic scene 

Definitely want to get an oculus. They look incredible

• Like 1