TaoistNoodle

Looking for wisdom on semen retention

31 minutes ago, freeform said:

For example a tendency for an ever expanding openness internally is recognised by most practitioners is highly beneficial.

However at a certain point a tight compaction and very uncomfortable squeezing is also a necessary stage of the process. But often it feels very negative, and if you’re not aware of what’s going on, you might halt the process and cut short your progress.

This sounds very interesting but I don't understand it. What kind of openness internally? That having an increasing openness with equanimity towards all aspects of your internal experience is seen as good?

What kind of contraction? Can you elaborate?

Exactly how I feel when I take off the N95 at the end of the day!

😂

Airgasm!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, markern said:

Those who practice Karezza

I’m not familiar with this practice - but certainly sounds like a much healthier approach to sexual exploration.

The whole retention thing is very much one of those ‘it depends’ things.

I think it’s generally a terrible idea for young men in their teens and twenties. Even if they’re practicing internal arts. (Unless of course it’s one of those very rare full-time practitioners under a legitimate teacher’s supervision).

It can be very useful (and in fact necessary) at certain times for serious practitioners. 

Chia’s practices, whether with retention or without are either dangerous or simply useless.

Certain practices are harmless - like the ‘inner smile’.

But it’s not cultivation...

Its like imagining yourself walking on a beautiful sandy beach. Nice and relaxing.

In fact the inner smile, comes from a misunderstanding of a classic text (forget which, unfortunately) which I think described the result of the correct application of the principle of Song.

Much of chia’s stuff is this sort of thing. Classical text says ‘[if you practice correctly] you’ll feel a warm fluid like sensation rising up your spine’. So Chia ‘reverse engineers’ it by just imagining this sensation instead.

I think it’s quite clear why this is wrong - but the analogy I use is this: It’s like ‘reverse engineering’ the process of making money by imagining millions of dollars when you check your bank balance.

• Like 1

Mantak Chia appeals to the lowest common denominator, while offering an appealing illusion  That is what greedy people do.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, markern said:

This sounds very interesting but I don't understand it. What kind of openness internally? That having an increasing openness with equanimity towards all aspects of your internal experience is seen as good?

What kind of contraction? Can you elaborate?

Sorry it’s an irrelevant description to be honest.

My point was that - even if you’re very sensitive to the actual movements of Qi in your body - the feeling of X might feel pleasurable and the feeling of Y might feel bad. So you go after X.

But if you have no causal insight into the correct process of development you would miss that Y is also useful at certain stages and might stop it thinking it’s a problem.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, freeform said:

I think it’s quite clear why this is wrong - but the analogy I use is this: It’s like ‘reverse engineering’ the process of making money by imagining millions of dollars when you check your bank balance.

According to the Secret that works though:lol:

• Haha 1

There are natural biological processes. Why mess with them? Let them express themselves naturally. Don’t obsess with either retention or ejection. 
Lots of good advice here by @freeform @Cleansox @steve @silent thunder

I’ve only seen/heard/read bad stuff about Mantak chia’s practices. 

I have a student who was Michael winn’s student for a while. He was obsessed with these ridiculously complex mental exercises like making different colored pearls (I think they call them pills) and moving them around. 

My 2 cents based on my experiences and what my teachers have told me — too much mental activity is the biggest source of draining of our internal energy.

To not exhaust your energy, learn to still the mind, settle the mind and abide in that stillness and silence. 

Edited by dwai
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, freeform said:

In fact the(.        ) , comes from a misunderstanding of a classic text (forget which, unfortunately) which I think described the result of the correct application of the principle (.                ) .

Much of chia’s stuff is this sort of thing. Classical text says ‘[if you practice correctly] you’ll feel (.              ’) . So Chia ‘reverse engineers’ it by just imagining this sensation instead.

From my view, you could insert most of the fusion practices in the (.     ) above. 

• Like 1

Kamajayi mudra is a method that has stood the test of time for me. Helps sublimate sexual energy very effectively. As far as i can tell..the Hindus know what there talking about. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, freeform said:

I’m not familiar with this practice - but certainly sounds like a much healthier approach to sexual exploration.

It is kind of a western tantra invented by a woman in the 1800s:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coitus_reservatus

The couple who wrote the book Cupids Poisoned Arrow has done a lot to make it more known these days. They have had a site and forum at reuniting.info dedicated to Karezza but its down for maintenance and upgrades at the moment. Karezza in practice is very similar to the very simple tantra described by Diana Richardson in her tantra books. Her books are usually recommended by the reuniting people.

• Thanks 1