Earl Grey

nCov19 Development and Prevention Discussion Only

On 23/03/2020 at 9:27 AM, Taomeow said:

@Nungali LOL, you are way off.  Did you get it from the mainstream media what a wumao is? :D That would explain why in your rendition Person 1 calls a wumao someone who goes against the mainstream narrative.  Nothing is farther from the truth.  It's Person 1 who is a wumao.  A wumao's function is to promote the mainstream narrative and thought-police any and all statements that deviate from it.  And if you try to debunk this narrative with facts, a wumao will immediately dispense the label pre-printed for such occasions: "conspiracy theorist!!!"  He won't call Person 2 a wumao (which is his own function) unless he is particularly devious...  gosh, who has ever heard of a devious wumao?..

I dont know , as I dont know what YOU constitute as 'mainstream' media .  Here is the source ;

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Wu Mao

is that mainstream western media ?

Note ;  "  A phrase that was originally meant to describe paid Chinese Communist Party proponents, but is most commonly used to mindlessly attack anyone who thinks differently from the anti-China echo chamber in any way, even if that person is stating facts."

But then again, that definition was offered up by  '  Butthurt Western Gentleman ' 

:D 

I thought this had good enough info to share on another link:

The most common signs of having the virus percentage wise. 
I'd like to find a similar chart on recovery time, including weeks and sadly no recover %.

I'm impressed w/ medicinenet.com
from the site-

Colds: Doctors recommend rest, fluids, and over-the-counter (OTC) medications like ibuprofen (Advil) and acetaminophen (Tylenol). No vaccine is available for the common cold.

Flu: Early treatment with an antiviral drug like oseltamivir (Tamiflu), rest, fluids, and acetaminophen and respiratory support can help if flu symptoms become severe. Vaccines are available to reduce symptoms or prevent the flu.

COVID-19: Medical professionals recommend rest, fluids, acetaminophen, and respiratory support if COVID-19 symptoms become severe. Antiviral drug and vaccine research is very active but none are currently available.

Antibiotics are not indicated for these three viral diseases. However, they may be useful if secondary bacterial infections.

&

COVID-19 (2019 novel coronavirus)

The Wuhan coronavirus (also termed COVID-19, 2019 novel coronavirus, 2019-nCoV, and others) is a single-stranded, positive-sense RNA coronavirus. It is a new strain (only found and named about 2½ months ago) of coronavirus (the term corona means crown) responsible for causing a pandemic of serious respiratory problems that started in Wuhan, China

. Researchers believe it originated from infected animals and jumped over to infecting people in a large open seafood/animal market. Also, it has been able to spread from person to person and has spread to over 100 countries in about 2 months. It is related to the SARS and MERS coronaviruses. It has an incubation period ranging from 2-14 days.

Person-to-person spread may happen even if the infected person has no symptoms during the incubation period. Infected people may also not be aware they have the virus and may not show symptoms. The main symptoms of COVID-19 are fever (usually high), moderate to severe coughing, and shortness of breath.

At first, it seemed to target people over 60 years old and have severe underlying health conditions like heart disease, lung disease, and diabetes, but recent data from Italy suggests that people 20-60 years of age may get the disease at about the same rate. About 80% recover without specific treatment, while about 20% may require some respiratory support (oxygen and/or ventilator support).

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Stosh said:

He listed what he feels gov responsibilities are, 

Phone food GPS roads medicine internet and electricity , 

Funny , I have to pay for all that. 

I did not "list what I feel gov responsibilities are."

I listed things that the executive branch plays a major role in administrating.

Since you insisted I answer your question, here are some for you:

1. Do you deny that the executive branch of the federal government plays role in the administration of: highways, air travel, electronic communication, satellite navigation, interstate and international commerce, agriculture, food safety, testing of pharmaceuticals, deposit insurance, and the electric grid?

2. Do you deny that you benefit from this administration?

3. Do you, as a computer owner who uses the internet, believe that you would be of capable of creating a computer and connecting to the internet without the federal government's executive branch executing its responsibilities? If your answer is yes, explain how you would get all of the parts necessary for your computer; how you would get electricity; how the internet would work; how you would connect to it.

Direct, clear, concise answers. No dodges, no whining, no one-sentence snipes to change the subject.

You can do it, smart man. 1, 2, 3 easy questions.

Go. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Walker said:

Since you insisted I answer your question, here are some for you:

1. Do you deny that the executive branch of the federal government plays role in the administration of: highways, air travel, electronic communication, satellite navigation, interstate and international commerce, agriculture, food safety, testing of pharmaceuticals, deposit insurance, and the electric grid?

2. Do you deny that you benefit from this administration?

3. Do you, as a computer owner who uses the internet, believe that you would be of capable of creating a computer and connecting to the internet without the federal government's executive branch executing its responsibilities? If your answer is yes, explain how you would get all of the parts necessary for your computer; how you would get electricity; how the internet would work; how you would connect to it.

Direct, clear, concise answers. No dodges, no whining, no one-sentence snipes to change the subject.

You can do it, smart man. 1, 2, 3 easy questions.

Go. 

<<<apologies for the bottom stuff.  I've been writing short stories and the questions seemed like really good prompts>>>  the story of the satellite beaming kinetic energy to the center of the earth, thus dooming it ends with ..like my grandma always said- you can't make an omelet without heating up some butter. -notmybestwork

We seem to be straying from the OP, quite a bit.

but

If I was to take these questions, I'd say answering 3 easy questions is invalid because question 3, has at least 5 questions in it.  Thus you can't answer 3 questions when in fact there are 8 questions, thus the request implodes on itself. 

However if it didn't implode, I'd answer a middle one, like uh how would I get electricity- I'd probably set up geo-synchronous satellite that would harvest the kinetic energy of the earth itself and beam it as heat and radiation into a hole, deep into earth's center creating vibrations that could impower machines throughout the earth.  But that's just me, others would have different methods.

How would I connect the internet.  There's no school old school.  I'd bring back AOL. If it not broken, don't fix it.  All we have to do is dig up the billions of CD's they mailed out. 

Let me tackle question 2.  I'd say I'm more distracted then helped by this administration.

I'll make number 1 a quickie.  If I asked the head of the executive branch any indepth question about ' highways, air travel, electronic communication, satellite navigation, interstate and international commerce, agriculture, food safety, testing of pharmaceuticals, deposit insurance, and the electric grid'.. I don't think they'd know the answer. 

Edited by thelerner
  • Haha 1

Arizona man dies after ingesting Chloroquine. Trump said it is the super duper treatment and he says he feels good about it in spite of what Dr. Fauci said to the contrary. :angry:

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Stosh said:

How many people died worldwide , because they didn't get chloroquine? 

It is a combination of Chloroquine and Antibiotic Drug Azytromycin that is reported by anecdotal (20 people study) evidence to heal from coronavirus.

Both chloroquine and Azytromycin are dangerous drugs, and affect the rhytm of the heart. The effect is cumulative and can easily lead to grave.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, GSmaster said:

It is a combination of Chloroquine and Antibiotic Drug Azytromycin that is reported by anecdotal (20 people study) evidence to heal from coronavirus.

Both chloroquine and Azytromycin are dangerous drugs, and affect the rhytm of the heart. The effect is cumulative and can easily lead to grave.

Trump’s sycophants  keep pushing these miracle cures because Trump feels really good about it. And people get sucked into it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ralis said:

Trump’s sycophants  keep pushing these miracle cures because Trump feels really good about it. And people get sucked into it. 

Trump wants economy to go back to work as soon as next week. As quarantine is shutting down his hopes for reelection.

Fauci opposed trump quoting the difference between italy and china in cases, so he got removed from conferences of white house.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ralis said:

They're pushing & pushing for one simple reason: Greed. 

They finally found their get-out-of-jail-with-billions card. 

Rising Pharmaceuticals is the 'culprit' supplier to the US. 

These guys doubled the price of the drug late Dec 2019 from $3.87 to $7.66 per tab. 

Now that demand is almost assured, they've reined it back to $3.87

I guess they've already made their killing at $7.66.

Who knows what reserves of Chloroquine are being held in the US now, and when was the purchase made? 

That'd be an interesting bit of scoop. No harm keeping an eye on their stock performance either. 

Edited by C T
  • Like 1

As of yesterday England is closed.

I suggest watching PM OF UK Boris Johnson he is one of the most adequate people in politics... 

Edited by GSmaster

1 hour ago, GSmaster said:

Trump wants economy to go back to work as soon as next week. As quarantine is shutting down his hopes for reelection.

Fauci opposed trump quoting the difference between italy and china in cases, so he got removed from conferences of white house.

I was surprised Dr. Faucci lasted as long as he did. He believed in the truth.

If you want to deal with an epidemic - crime or health - the smartest and most effective and cheapest way to deal with it is prevention first.--- Kamala Harris

• Like 2

Trump mentioned several drugs they are trying in his press conference, it's good maybe something will come of it.  ICU time is 2 or 3 weeks, which would be a lower dose duration of the malaria drugs then is normally taken for malaria - less risk

It would be much cheaper than and faster than vaccine development.

In the UK 250,000 - 500,000 are estimated to end up dead.  At 50 a day this will take several decades, so I am not sure what the plan is ... at 350/day it would take 2 years.

Meanwhile I noticed that 569,000 NHS jobs are clinical jobs.

Can they not deal with 50 dead a day?

You would think they could do better, and the recovery rates in the UK are pretty bad, you wonder if people would be better in a quiet home environment.

Not a lot of talk about expanding capacity.

Seems to be the result of the religion, science is gonna save us, even if we lose the economy.  A lot of young people will lose their jobs careers and possibilities this way.

The Death Rate figures are for people who have CV antibodies, not necessarily those who die of CV.

Trump also said that the cure can't be worse than the disease .... which is good, I think after a month he will decide whether many people can be saved, or not.

The whole thing reminds me of Thailand cave rescue where the Thai authorities were huffing and puffing and keeping strong and we'll get through this and everybody is involved ... and then 2 icy cool British divers turned up and organised the rescue operation and it was done.

Edited by rideforever

2 hours ago, rideforever said:

The whole thing reminds me of Thailand cave rescue where the Thai authorities were huffing and puffing and keeping strong and we'll get through this and everybody is involved ... and then 2 icy cool British divers turned up and organised the rescue operation and it was done.

(OFF TOPIC - the kids were all sedated for the hours long underwater journey with two divers transporting them ... all survived ... incredible)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Miffymog said:

the kids were all sedated for the hours long underwater journey with two divers transporting them ... all survived ... incredible

Yes, those two divers knew from their own personal experience the need to make very tough decisions - i.e. to inject the boys.  The ability to take robust action comes from experience, not from faffing, or worrying.

At a time like this the sheep only respect more fear and panic.

CV19 seems to affect only 1% of the pop, either aged or with existing conditions - with rare exceptions.

The national health systems are really the ones who are going to suffer because in different countries the survival rates are very different, in the UK I wouldn't be surprised if many of the deaths are cause by the hospital environment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rideforever said:

The ability to take robust action comes from experience, not from faffing, or worrying.

Well, as you are inveterate faffer I suppose that explains why you can't seem to do much else but sit here and bloviate. Maybe the muscly British divers you're into will come save you from the well you are a frog in the bottom of some day, or at least sedate you long enough to give us some peace.

Faffforever. That's a lot of Fs...

• Haha 3

The California governor issued a statewide shelter-in-place order on Thursday of last week.

This is Huntington Beach this last Sunday:

main-qimg-c8ab5a1976587892ac9d392734fd5a84

main-qimg-da47d8f085b9122f41f4e8fe76164672

The city removed the hoops from basketball courts to stop the public from playing.

Edited by moment
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, moment said:

The California governor issued a statewide shelter-in-place order on Thursday of last week.

This is Huntington Beach this last Sunday:

main-qimg-c8ab5a1976587892ac9d392734fd5a84

main-qimg-da47d8f085b9122f41f4e8fe76164672

The city had to remove the hoops from basketball courts just to stop the public from playing.

This reminds me of Noah's Ark: "The flood is coming, build an ark!" 

"Nah, we're good."

Flood comes.

Noah sees the ark and the flood, people see him as Chicken Little: "The sky is falling, the sky is falling!"

• Like 1