Earl Grey

nCov19 Development and Prevention Discussion Only

26 minutes ago, rideforever said:

Trump is the only one with a brain in this whole picture, he knows the cure can't be worse than the disease.

Just because your fantasies of giving him brain are very vivid,

Does not mean he actually has one.

@sean I know you're busy dude, but this place is gonna get overrun by Trumpists soon, remember what you said about excessively laissez-faire white boy shit being a gateway to neo-Nazis running the place? Yeah, well, your site might need five minutes of modding here, please and thank you. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Walker said:

Just because your fantasies of giving him brain are very vivid,

Does not mean he actually has one.

@sean I know you're busy dude, but this place is gonna get overrun by Trumpists soon, remember what you said about excessively laissez-faire white boy shit being a gateway to neo-Nazis running the place? Yeah, well, your site might need five minutes of modding here, please and thank you. 

I have sent in reports and at least one PM to Sean and he has not answered my request for moderation. I would like to know what is going on.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, rideforever said:

With 600,000 medics in the UK ... and only 20 Covid patients in critical condition, you wonder why they say they can't cope.

But then they are always saying that.  This is start to look like Remoaner 3.0.

I can see our society being ruled by moronic sheep who demand to live in fluorescent yellow houses with NHS doctors circling them continuously for any sign of disease.

Meanwhile the BBC ignores any good statistics and writes any bad stats in giant red letters on its website.

Trump is the only one with a brain in this whole picture, he knows the cure can't be worse than the disease.

Trump with a brain? He is an authoritarian sociopath and will stop at nothing to grab more power by using his daily propaganda briefings. The country should have had test kits two months ago and yet test kits remain sparse. He has Jared and Pence running the the covid-19 response which is a nightmare. Both are not even qualified health officials!

4 minutes ago, rideforever said:

Over the years, I notice that you often cry out for help.

Did anyone ever answer?

He is doing it on your behalf because everyone can see how desperately you need help with all your faffing here ever since you’ve plagued us with your presence.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

He is doing it on your behalf because everyone can see how desperately you need help with all your faffing here ever since you’ve plagued us with your presence.

He seems to think that if he aims his faffrethra directly at his own faffmouth there won't be any mess, but really he gets sticky globs of faff all over his fingertips and somehow manages to leave a slime trail of limey pensioner faff everywhere, like some kind of nine stone, sunburned pink, varicose, liver spot adorned faff snail. Am I crying for help? SERENITY NOW, HELL THE FUCK YES I AM!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, rideforever said:

Same sheep, three heads.

Baaa

How can you not see the pearl of faff you somehow carelessly transported into your eye?

Ah, yes, right, Faffforever can't see that he has faff in his eyes because there is faff in his eyes.

Where are the assdens of yesteryear? 

• Like 1

BBC have just announced they are suspending 450 jobs that were due to be cut.

Seems their covid fearmongering is getting a lot of attention, and protecting their own backside.

I don't trust anything I hear about this crap anymore.

It's nothing more than a severe flu and not that severe tbh.

More bullshit and lies from the chest of mankind's stupidity.

Ego-wise it seems that Doctors/Nurses enter the service so that they can "help people", and the louder the violin is playing the more reinforced their ego feels.

That's why they are always moaning about their pay and their conditions.

A couple of years ago I met a mature student about 40 who was beginning medical training in the UK, and he said they had special classes to learn how to "care" for patients.  I asked why.  He said it was because people enter the profession for the money and stability and not for any hippocratic oath.  So they have to make sure they act like they "care".  Crazy insincere world.

Edited by rideforever
  • Sad 1

Prince Chucky just came down with it and went into self-quarantine, maybe pay the lonely codger a visit to show you’re not afraid.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, SirPalomides said:

Prince Chucky just came down with it and went into self-quarantine, maybe pay the lonely codger a visit to show you’re not afraid.

I'm pretty sure he's more of a Prince Andrew type of guy, but sadly he's just a half century too old to be Prince Andrew's type.

33 minutes ago, SirPalomides said:

Who cares, I am sure hundreds of thousands of people have it.

1 hour ago, ralis said:

At least according to this, Trump and all his buddies running the government won't get a dime out of the up and coming bailout.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-25/trump-owned-companies-banned-from-virus-aid-in-stimulus-bill?srnd=premium

Trump is desperate to get the economy going as soon as possible because, all of his hotels and golf clubs are empty. Like all very wealthy sociopaths, he does not care, how many thousands of unnecessary deaths, that it takes to rebuild his wealth.  And of course, his relection is dependent on it.

Edited by moment
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They're basically calling for a cull of the elderly. They don't use those exact words but that is plainly what it is. A mass human sacrifice to the golden bull of Wall Street. It's like Logan's Run but without any of the cool gadgets or sex parties.

Edited by SirPalomides
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

sobering and nauseating

but only at certain levels of magnification...

myopia has me fixed for now on this interplay of form

but there is little inertia or gravity to entrain attention on it for long...

already the ebb shifts and local awareness tunes into the return of equilibrium and the thrumming presence of stillness and clarity underlying all...  truth cannot remain hidden for long.

Every despot, every king and peasant, every couple in love, every calamity, every war, every invention... all playing out on a pale blue dot, a mote of dust, suspended in a sun beam.  The earth is a very small stage... encircling an insignificant star, one among trillions of billions in a sea of inky space.

We're not all that. 

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 2

Up to two thirds of people who die from coronavirus in the next nine months are likely to have died this year from other causes, a government advisor has said.

Professor Neil Ferguson, who is recovering at home from Covid-19, told the Science and Technology Committee that experts were now expecting around 20,000 deaths, although said it may turn out to be a lot less.

But he said that many of those deaths were likely to be old and seriously ill people who would have died from other conditions before the end of the year.

(Telegraph)

i.e. this is all a lot of fear masturbation by the news and medical moaning industry

17 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

sobering and nauseating

but only at certain levels of magnification...

myopia has me fixed for now on this interplay of form

but there is little inertia or gravity to entrain attention on it for long...

already the ebb shifts and local awareness tunes into the return of equilibrium and the thrumming presence of stillness and clarity underlying all...  truth cannot remain hidden for long.

Every despot, every king and peasant, every couple in love, every calamity, every war, every invention... all playing out on a pale blue dot, a mote of dust, suspended in a sun beam.  The earth is a very small stage... encircling an insignificant star, one among trillions of billions in a sea of inky space.

We're not all that. 

But still, it is our mote of dust!;)

• Like 1

CDC says coronavirus RNA found in Princess Cruise ship cabins up to 17 days after passengers left

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/23/cdc-coronavirus-survived-in-princess-cruise-cabins-up-to-17-days-after-passengers-left.html

I feel that even the strictest hygiene standards may only help slowing the epidemic wave. This type of virulence isn't something we can evade perpetually.

• Like 1