Earl Grey

nCov19 Development and Prevention Discussion Only

1 minute ago, Stosh said:

Same for you, it's your call , your choice , You are responsible. 

You sound very much like my father.. such tactics don't work very well, and seem to limit any personal responsibility for whatever played out.

Maybe just say you're sorry for what transpired in the past, and you hope someday amends will be accepted and y'all can move forward?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Stosh said:

I dunno what that means.

Please note, the following is in taomeow's ppd, and resist any urge you may experience to argue there:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

Please note, the following is in taomeow's ppd, and resist any urge you may experience to argue there:

Oh ,it's like some sort of demon? I see, well a long while back I decided not to post in her PPD anyway ,  ...Though I always liked her. 

11 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

You sound very much like my father.. such tactics don't work very well, and seem to limit any personal responsibility for whatever played out.

Maybe just say you're sorry for what transpired in the past, and you hope someday amends will be accepted and y'all can move forward?

I don't think any of us are sorry like that. We felt justified, but that doesn't mean we can't move on , and attempt to live up to our own ideals. 

Our responsibilities are entire ,not alleviated. 

Edited by Stosh
  • Confused 1

Just now, Stosh said:

Oh ,it's like some sort of demon? I see, well a long while back I decided not to post in her PPD anyway ,  ...Though I always liked her. 

Not demon.

Someone who doesn't take the pandemic seriously, and thereby becomes a vector in the nature of the following definition of the word:

an organism, typically a biting insect or tick, that transmits a disease or parasite from one animal or plant to another.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Stosh said:

I don't think any of us are sorry like that. We felt justified, but that doesn't mean we can't move on , and attempt to live up to our own ideals. 

With the justification and lack of any form of remorse, karmic seeds will continue to be planted, and "the war" will continue..

As you said, "your choice."

• Like 2

Just now, ilumairen said:

Not demon.

Someone who doesn't take the pandemic seriously, and thereby becomes a vector in the nature of the following definition of the word:

I thought I was clear when I attributed the possibilities of death and illness, that it certainly is dire. No doubt about it. 

But we face and handle dangers every day! 

Swine flu ,nuclear war, driving on an interstate and eating at Taco bell. For instance.

2 hours ago, Stosh said:

True enough, but making our representatives scapegoats and expecting superhuman precognition isn't functional. 

Trump fired the pandemic staff, brought in billionaires to run all Federal Agencies, used these freaks to destroy the environment, replace scientists with corporate lackeys, repeal regulations, gutted the State Department and the list in rather long from here. There are 770 vacant positions in the CDC which is atrocious. All because of his hatred of Obama and his lust for power.

BTW, the cry to elect a businessman for President from right wing sycophants is leading to the destruction of this country! How could anyone support a rapist (good buddy of Jeffrey Epstein), failed businessman, liar, grifter, cheat and so forth is beyond me! Remember the photo of Ivanka sitting on his lap? She was a grown woman at the time.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

With the justification and lack of any form of remorse, karmic seeds will continue to be planted, and "the war" will continue..

As you said, "your choice."

There, I must solidly disagree, being a choice, the future is not cast in stone. 

4 minutes ago, Stosh said:

I thought I was clear when I attributed the possibilities of death and illness, that it certainly is dire. No doubt about it. 

But we face and handle dangers every day! 

Swine flu ,nuclear war, driving on an interstate and eating at Taco bell. For instance.

After I was discharged from the military in 1975 a few months later in January of 1976  I came down with the swine flu. I was so sick and weak I had to crawl to the bathroom. This went on for three weeks and during a nasty divorce no less. At the time I didn't know what it was until I did a little research a couple of days ago to gain an understanding of what I had. It was defiantly the swine flu.

During pandemics, and for many reasons, the Federal Government is responsible.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ralis said:

Trump fired the pandemic staff, brought in billionaires to run all Federal Agencies, used these freaks to destroy the environment, replace scientists with corporate lackeys, repeal regulations, gutted the State Department and the list in rather long from here. There are 770 vacant positions in the CDC which is atrocious. All because of his hatred of Obama and his lust for power.

BTW, the cry to elect a businessman for President from right wing sycophants is leading to the destruction of this country! How could anyone support a rapist (good buddy of Jeffrey Epstein), failed businessman, liar, grifter, cheat and so forth is beyond me! Remember the photo of Ivanka sitting on his lap? She was a grown woman at the time.

This is off point spin, an opinion piece, wandering around in search of a theme.

my writing and perspective on the virus moves in and out, depending on my focus. 

Street view, I see the fear, the personal loss, all the devastations, the virus will bring; personal, national, world wide, the loss of life and loved ones.  The economic pain which creates fear, deprivation and suffering.  

Moving internally I get 'What ever will be will be'.  Highly probable live, or die, this will come, go, become another memory.  

Cold and dispassionate, I see it in numbers.  Comparing it with all the other things that kill us.  The many lethal things we rarely fear because they're familiar.   

Edited by thelerner
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ralis said:

After I was discharged from the military in 1975 a few months later in January of 1976  I came down with the swine flu. I was so sick and weak I had to crawl to the bathroom. This went on for three weeks and during a nasty divorce no less. At the time I didn't know what it was until I did a little research a couple of days ago to gain an understanding of what I had. It was defiantly the swine flu.

During pandemics, and for many reasons, the Federal Government is responsible.

No, it's not. 

4 hours ago, GSmaster said:

To be honest at this point we just need more time to see how things go.

They cannot lock up everyone endlessly in quarantine. The stop of global economy will cause massive defaults on debts, imagine all your $$$ on bank account becoming just worthless paper only worth to be used in toilet?

There is no guarantee that when quarantine ends in a month or two, that people wont get the virus when they go out of their houses.

Right - currently in the uk there are 5000  cases with 250 deaths.

The growth rate is exponential, so I'm finally going get round to doing a little bit of maths to see how long it will take to get to 50,000,000 cases -  a degree of herd immunity in the uk

This will come to a fatality rate of 2,500,000 - GULP!!! utterly crazy figures

The only mitigating factor here is the amount of those who have it but do not get tested .... if there is a factor of 10 here ...

Then you reduce the fatalities to the 'standard' (!!!) 250,000

hmmmm

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Stosh said:

This is off point spin, an opinion piece, wandering around in search of a theme.

All I stated is online and if you are intent on hiding your head in the sand, then so be it.

• Like 1

Just now, ralis said:

All I stated is online and if you are intent on hiding your head in the sand, then so be it.

It was just too long, off point and boring.

1 minute ago, ralis said:

Which part?

The part about the Federal Government being responsible. 

4 minutes ago, Stosh said:

Inappropriate and incestuous! Who would follow and support such a freak?

ivanka-trump.jpg

Donald-Trump-and-Ivanka-Trump-Vanity-Fai

3 minutes ago, Stosh said:

The part about the Federal Government being responsible. 

I guess you are an island all unto yourself and if you come down with COVID-19 then what will you do with no ventilator or even a treatment protocol? The likely scenario is that you will be sitting in the hospital hallway gasping for breath as your lungs fill slowly with fluid.

“It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of light, it was the season of darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair.”

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stosh said:

She would know , and If she felt anything of the type went on, she could say so. 

Women for the most part are afraid to speak out for fear of retribution. Even now there at least 50 women suing Trump for rape! Why now? Fear!

Edited by ralis
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, C T said:

@silent thunder Is that your work? 

No.  I don't use watercolors or brushes lately.

Last few years I work in oil or acrylics using knives, working the paint in layers, and layers and more layers.

(mimicks the layers of inner work)

Organic forms and abstract plays of color with form in flow.

Recently I'm thinning acrylics way down and pouring them directly on the canvas to nice effect, tilting and allowing gravity to cause the colors to intermingle (mimicking the aggragates of life co-mingling). 

• Like 3

Just now, ralis said:

I guess you are an island all unto yourself and if you come down with COVID-19 then what will you do with no ventilator or even a treatment protocol? The likely scenario is that you will be sitting in the hospital hallway gasping for breath as your lungs fill slowly with fluid.

I'm aware of that, and I am at high risk, and I have pretty much been there.