Earl Grey

nCov19 Development and Prevention Discussion Only

Just now, Earl Grey said:

It isn't scapegoating--it's holding people accountable for not doing the job--you know, what we pay them to do and others voted for them to do. 

But you indicated that you personally, were capable and prepared. 

He doesn't owe you anything in terms of covid preparedness, his responsibilities are outlined in the Constitution.

1 minute ago, Stosh said:

He doesn't owe you anything in terms of covid preparedness, his responsibilities are outlined in the Constitution.

Continue ignoring the actual points made about other people like the poor, those in rural areas, inner city youth, black people, the elderly, women, and other minorities. 

And before you go assuming what you think I am based on what I write, yes, I am a poor rural area inner city young black elder woman who is also other minorities. 

Edited by Earl Grey

1 minute ago, ilumairen said:

Superhuman precognition was not expected or required. 

There are facts which speak to this, which I suspect you are aware of, although we could begin to enumerate if you choose to feign ignorance.

I'm not feigning anything. 😁

11 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

I was raised by transvestites and gays who ran a cabaret, honey. 

I also worked in a freak show wearing a diaper and sucking my thumb for the audience, which included Donald Trump and his many cheap hookers, one of them who happened to be your daughter. 

Where I work this would be considered too far. If you wish to insult somebody, go ahead, but please leave daughters (and wives and mothers) out of it - especially if you're going to portray them as "cheap hookers."

It's not funny or cool in my book.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Earl Grey said:

Continue ignoring the actual points made about other people like the poor, those in rural areas, inner city youth, black people, the elderly, women, and other minorities. 

And yes, I am a poor rural area inner city young black elder woman who is also other minorities. 

Again you're pointing at other people to excuse your behavior, so you can play hero and victim. 

4 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Ah, so you are a complete and total moron!

Maybe, But I do have more class than you. 

Just now, Stosh said:

Again you're pointing at other people to excuse your behavior, so you can play hero and victim. 

And you're not pointing at other people with the endless victim-blaming and point missing? :rolleyes:

From Trump University? 

Again: where's your top hat, monocle, cigar, and cheap suspenders? :lol:

You sip your Budweiser with your pinky in the air? :lol:

Seriously guys this is getting silly.

• Haha 2

Just now, ilumairen said:

You sip your Budweiser with your pinky in the air? :lol:

Seriously guys this is getting silly.

Reductio Ad Absurdum: when good taste and rationality no longer are possible in a discussion, absurdity is the common destination. 

• Like 1

@Stosh perhaps you could write a little bit about your ideas on personal freedoms, and how this may inform what is quite frankly starting to come across a bit like you're a government lackey, or an internet troll - neither of which I believe you are.

3 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Reductio Ad Absurdum: when good taste and rationality no longer are possible in a discussion, absurdity is the common destination. 

The present players here are all capable of being rational, and the point Stosh is (rather unsuccessfully) attempting to make is, imo, entirely rational.

We know our government and it's failings. We've known for a very long time another pandemic was looming, and it seems to me, a number of us did prepare as we were able. 

Where I personally diverge from what Stosh presents relates to government accountability and responsibility.  They've played fast and lose with the healthcare system, and citizens they've chosen to take some meaure of responsibility for with their roles as government officials will die as a result.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

@Stosh perhaps you could write a little bit about your ideas on personal freedoms, and how this may inform what is quite frankly starting to come across a bit like you're a government lackey, or an internet troll - neither of which I believe you are.

Frankly, being in accord with our gov doesn't constitute being a lackey, or a troll. 

Constitutionally, the fed gov was never intended to make sure that nobody ever suffered illness or misfortunes. 

That being understood, one should recognize that we have responsibility to look out for ourselves. 

The current president, did not invent the CON laws,the virus issue, is not unique to the US.

It just has the capacity to numerically overwhelm healthcare systems and the economy must be taken into consideration because it provides our daily bread.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Stosh said:

Don't think for one minute that you can escape criticism given your pro Trump Libertarian leanings. Your above comment is based on Libertarian textualism/originalism as posited by Ayn Rand and the Koch bros. which is a fabrication of the US Constitution. Furthermore, your position that the Tao is "enlightened self interest" is another Libertarian fabrication which is misleading to anyone reading your comments. What Libertarians gloss over are two phrases "common good" which are in the Constitution.

I guess you can't tell the difference between what is real and what is manufactured.

• Like 4

Frankly, being in accord with our gov doesn't constitute being a lackey, or a troll. 

Constitutionally, the fed gov was never intended to make sure that nobody ever suffered illness or misfortunes. 

That being understood, one should recognize that we have responsibility to look out for ourselves. 

The current president, did not invent the CON laws,the virus issue, is not unique to the US.

It just has the capacity to numerically overwhelm healthcare systems and the economy must be taken into consideration because it provides our daily bread.

Trump pulled the wool over many persons eyes with his racist, deep state, paranoid rants. He fired the pandemic response team in the White House which would have mobilized resources and possibly would have slowed down this problem. All Libertarians care about are themselves, including you!

• Like 1

Libertarians and other weak minded lackeys that Trump attracted are ripe for gaslighting and double binding communication which Trumps reinforces on a daily basis via his Tweets, rallies and daily briefings.

A double bind is a dilemma in communication in which an individual (or group) receives two or more conflicting messages, with one negating the other.

10 minutes ago, ralis said:

Don't think for one minute that you can escape criticism given your pro Trump Libertarian leanings. Your above comment is based on Libertarian textualism/originalism as posited by Ayn Rand and the Koch bros. which is a fabrication of the US Constitution. Furthermore, your position that the Tao is "enlightened self interest" is another Libertarian fabrication which is misleading to anyone reading your comments. What Libertarians gloss over are two phrases "common good" which are in the Constitution.

I guess you can't tell the difference between what is real and what is manufactured.

I never did think there would be no pushback, however the slew of ad hominem insults is extreme even for Ttb

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stosh said:

I never did think there would be no pushback, however the slew of ad hominem insults is extreme even for Ttb

Again, discerning the difference between what is real and manufactured escapes you. There are no ad hominems in my post, but a criticism on Libertarian values and perversion of the Constitution which you have bought into. Better get back to reading "Atlas Shrugged."

Edited by ralis
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stosh said:

I was referring to the way you've presented yourself and your thoughts here - not some general and generic "accord with our gov[ernment]".

Nobody has made this odd and over-reaching claim, nor do I believe anyone would. To me, it is so broad and vague it is basically nonsensical.

IMO, part of "taking the economy into consideration" would have included the understanding the pandemic had the potential to overwhelm our healthcare system, and taking appropriate quarantine measures from the outset. It's not like there was no indication, warning, or example. 

BTW Thanks for the effort at clarifying your position.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ralis said:

Again, discerning the difference between what is real and manufactured escapes you. There are no ad hominems in my post, but a criticism on Libertarian values and perversion of the Constitution which you have bought into. Better get back to reading "Atlas Shrugged."

I didn't say You were rude. 

2 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

I was referring to the way you've presented yourself and your thoughts here - not some general and generic "accord with our gov[ernment]".

Nobody has made this odd and over-reaching claim, nor do I believe anyone would. To me, it is so broad and vague it is basically nonsensical.

IMO, part of "taking the economy into consideration" would have included the understanding the pandemic had the potential to overwhelm our healthcare system, and taking appropriate quarantine measures from the outset. It's not like there was no indication, warning, or example. 

BTW Thanks for the effort at clarifying your position.

You're welcome, but all I can say is that I disagree on those points. 

13 minutes ago, Stosh said:

9 minutes ago, ralis said:

He's referring to the posts others made here - which you can read for yourself. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stosh said:

I didn't say You were rude. 

Here is the deal, plain and simple! You and all your buddies on the Trump threads could certainly dish it out without regard or respect to others, but when the favor is returned, you guys cry foul.

• Like 1

You're welcome, but all I can say is that I disagree on those points. 

We're quite good at disagreeing with each other.

• Like 1