welkin

Who is Loneman Pai?

20 minutes ago, welkin said:

I read some of his posts, watched some of his youtube videos, found his site. Seems like a very knowledgeable person. I stayed away for obvious reasons. That being said, people here seem to respect him a lot.

I heard something about him having the best practice journal?

Looks like he is obviously into magick, energy, performing rituals.

I dont mean this. But just for the sake of time. Why should i just not sign up to his site and learn from someone who supposedly accomplished a lot?

You don't have to talk bad. Just straight facts so i can create an opinion.

Infinite reasons. That's an infinitely straight fact.

So you don't mean it indeed. 

• Like 1

There is a long and nice informative thread on him in the Taoist section but I couldn't find it. (If he's the guy with the muscles and the mask)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've found him to be dedicated to his training in the extreme and very direct in his communication.  Refreshing really.

But why take other's words for it... go to the source mate.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Don't know him or his art very well, but in the few correspondences I've had with him, he sounded like he knew his stuff.  Esoteric, eccentric but approachable.  Carving out his own path into the higher energy and magical arts.  

not my direction that what makes the world interesting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A really good question is how seriously you take this.

The greatest teacher on the planet can't make an undisciplined student into a master.

But it never hurts to talk to him.  He's cool and a super chill guy.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Forwards said:

Here's sotgs latest vid btw since you were interested 

That's incredible footage :blink:

People freak out if they see 1 orb....here's SOTG swimming in a damn ocean of them

Also OP Hes legitimate, I've seen similar (Not the exact same) to his techniques in very expensive neigong, neidan and magick books..these are basic techniques in his system, whereas they would be seen as more advanced in others...hes also streamlined them and stripped down a lot of the "mystique"

I know damo mitchell doesnt teach students alchemy for years, yet SOTG basically starts the "firing process" immediately...go figure

Also all of his students report the same experiences.....so objective results do happen,  and the logs kind of speak for themselves really

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, pegasus1992 said:

I know damo mitchell doesnt teach students alchemy for years, yet SOTG basically starts the "firing process" immediately...go figure

Thats probably coz Damo Mitchell doesn’t hide his identity - so if his students die because of incorrect practice, there would actually be someone to blame...  

Although I imagine he wouldn’t want student to die from practice anyway :lol:

28 minutes ago, freeform said:

Thats probably coz Damo Mitchell doesn’t hide his identity - so if his students die because of incorrect practice, there would actually be someone to blame...  

Sotg doesnt hide his identity from members.  He's texted some of us between squat sets even haha

1 hour ago, Forwards said:

Sotg doesnt hide his identity from members.  He's texted some of us between squat sets even haha

That’s good :)

I think as long as students know what they’re getting into - specifically the risks of following a diy system - then I have nothing against it.

In the past, alchemical substances were given to prisoners to check for safety :lol:  So who knows, maybe if I was a prisoner in medieval China I might have signed up myself :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Didn't SOTG just invent his whole system himself? Does he have a human teacher or is it learned from books ?

5 hours ago, freeform said:

Or because business models like that require retention and repeat custom? 

Im not saying theres anything wrong with Damo Mitchell, i am a big fan of his books,  they are incredibly accessible which is great....and he is very honest from what I can see

Im just making a comparison, because the OP asked about him

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, pegasus1992 said:

Or because business models like that require retention and repeat custom? 

Im not saying theres anything wrong with Damo Mitchell, i am a big fan of his books,  they are incredibly accessible which is great....and he is very honest from what I can see

Im just making a comparison, because the OP asked about him

That made no sense to me to be honest.

You seem to be saying ‘he’s just out to make money’ - but then you negate that, saying - ‘he’s not doing that and seems honest’...

And OP didn’t ask about him - you mentioned him...

So what’s your point? 

12 hours ago, pegasus1992 said:

I've seen similar (Not the exact same) to his techniques in very expensive neigong, neidan and magick books..

Can you please mention which one those books are? Especially the neigong and neidan ones would interest me.

42 minutes ago, freeform said:

That made no sense to me to be honest.

You seem to be saying ‘he’s just out to make money’ - but then you negate that, saying - ‘he’s not doing that and seems honest’...

And OP didn’t ask about him - you mentioned him...

So what’s your point? 

Sorry but no

It made no sense to you because you failed to interpret what I said

#1 he has a business to run, which requires repeat custom....thats business 101...he does not teach alchemy before Nei gong, and does not teach nei gong until a few years of qi gong are completed....Is that necessary? No....but that is his choice and method and I respect that

#2 There is nothing wrong with that

#3 OP asked about SOTG, who I spoke about mainly  and briefly contrasted with another internal arts teacher

#4 Im not saying hes just out to make money, thats a false interpretation based on your perception

Try comprehending my words as they are written next time please

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pegasus1992 said:

#4 Im not saying hes just out to make money, thats a false interpretation based on your perception

Actually that’s clearly what you’re saying.

1 hour ago, pegasus1992 said:

#1 he has a business to run, which requires repeat custom....thats business 101...he does not teach alchemy before Nei gong, and does not teach nei gong until a few years of qi gong are completed....Is that necessary? No.

You’re clearly saying that how he teaches is a business decision.

Yet you can learn all his material in whatever order you want for the price of a few books...

Clearly he didn’t make it to Business 102.

Actually the reason he teaches in the order that he does is because that is the classical path of development. It’s how I’ve been taught by my traditional teachers, it’s how they were taught by their teachers and their teachers before that - for many generations - there’s a good reason for it.

If you don’t want to do it this way then that’s perfectly fine.

But the reasons for it are not business-related. Just safety and efficiency.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Jetsun said:

Didn't SOTG just invent his whole system himself? Does he have a human teacher or is it learned from books ?

Oh no .....  us magicians  dont have  human  teachers  !  

You would not get very far with human teachers . NO WAY you can learn stuff like that   ' from books '  . 

It is a curious video title though .... 'entities'   ....    ?

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, freeform said:

Actually that’s clearly what you’re saying.

You’re clearly saying that how he teaches is a business decision.

Yet you can learn all his material in whatever order you want for the price of a few books...

Clearly he didn’t make it to Business 102.

Actually the reason he teaches in the order that he does is because that is the classical path of development. It’s how I’ve been taught by my traditional teachers, it’s how they were taught by their teachers and their teachers before that - for many generations - there’s a good reason for it.

If you don’t want to do it this way then that’s perfectly fine.

But the reasons for it are not business-related. Just safety and efficiency.

Again wrong,

I don't know why you are hellbent on putting words in my mouth

I'm saying the model is based upon repeat business...which it is...not the method or the "how". You can only go to level 2 if you have been to at least two level 1 events.... etc etc....each seminar costs $insert amount$...also you will need this book.... plus we have this camp and this extra camp...and so forth

On that note, I remember him letting slip that he took one group circle walking at midnight to channel from the spirit realm, can you tell me where the instructions in his books are for that? Not to mention he states theirs plenty of inner door things too...so no you cannot buy it in books....he keeps what i would imagine is a fair portion out of the public domain.

Also, I'm pretty  certain a large amount of the "classical teachers" didn't charge anything for teaching, so there's that too

AND AGAIN, THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH WHAT HE'S DOING.....I cannot stress the point enough...I'm a fan of his work, and enjoy his writing style very much....that however does not prevent me from looking at things from a critical perspective

What I said was accurate, there is absolutely no need to teach someone that way...the results of the logs from SOTG forums are proof enough..not to mention the authentic mo pai students (even Jim who got some of the teachings considerably wrong gave  impressive displays of inner power that, yet no qi gong practice)

People can jump into alchemy without running the ji ben gong for two or three years....if alchemy and spiritual training are what you are after....then you have little business doing simple qi gong....Nobody has died over there on those forums...so the safety line doesn't really cut it imo...actually last I remember someone had been cured of type 1 diabetes ( the actual members may have more stories).

To give you a better representation....some like their beef cooked rare, others like is slow roasted overnight...Am i suggesting one is superior? no, but one does not need to slow cook beef to eat beef. So basically, I am saying that its totally fine to approach internal alchemy and certain nei gong without doing basic qi gong

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, alfheim said:

Can you please mention which one those books are? Especially the neigong and neidan ones would interest me.

Certainly

Look at white moon on mountain peak...you'll see a similar version of the firing process...SOTG one seems more potent. JAJ also has it under " beating and drumming the qi"  in his Nei Gong book and you'll see the some stuff involving visualizations that contrasts nicely.

The magick stuff would be a different story altogether then....But much of it is advanced, and not the diluted OTO/Golden dawn  stuff  you typically see

Those two texts would keep you busy for quite some time

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, pegasus1992 said:

I'm saying the model is based upon repeat business..

Thats exactly what I’m saying you’re saying :)

That his decision to teach things in the order that he does is apparently a business decision...

Again - it is not. Every traditional classical teacher will start with fundamentals and Qi Gong.

Qi Gong is not ‘simple’ - not the authentic stuff... it’s difficult, often painful - it builds the body to be able to contain, develop and transmit large amounts of energy safely and efficiently - it leads to mastery of Qi. Which is what Qi Gong means.

I’ve had a very highly skilled traditional teacher in Singapore who charged eye watering prices for his training. I’ve had ones that charge nothing.

I also don’t care about this - I’m not one who believes everything should be free...

But your assertion that the only reason to build the foundation is to set up some repeat business is plain wrong. You can spin it whatever way you want. It’s still wrong :)

I get that you’ve got an agenda to elevate your friend/teacher - but saying clearly false things is not the way to do it. Just tell everyone about your experiences in training with him and you’ll do a much better job of it.

4 hours ago, freeform said:

Thats exactly what I’m saying you’re saying :)

That his decision to teach things in the order that he does is apparently a business decision...

Again - it is not. Every traditional classical teacher will start with fundamentals and Qi Gong.

Qi Gong is not ‘simple’ - not the authentic stuff... it’s difficult, often painful - it builds the body to be able to contain, develop and transmit large amounts of energy safely and efficiently - it leads to mastery of Qi. Which is what Qi Gong means.

I’ve had a very highly skilled traditional teacher in Singapore who charged eye watering prices for his training. I’ve had ones that charge nothing.

I also don’t care about this - I’m not one who believes everything should be free...

But your assertion that the only reason to build the foundation is to set up some repeat business is plain wrong. You can spin it whatever way you want. It’s still wrong :)

I get that you’ve got an agenda to elevate your friend/teacher - but saying clearly false things is not the way to do it. Just tell everyone about your experiences in training with him and you’ll do a much better job of it.

Besides selectively ignoring half my post, including the nonsensical point that it as all available for the price of a few books,  I think Bardons books are representative of a system you can purchase in book format...not Damo's

And still you've provided ZERO evidence to illustrate that qi gong is a necessary step in the internal arts.

Continue dancing around the point instead of getting to it however....its quite amusing

I am not saying the only reason to do qi gong is a business decision.....I am saying that 

#1 it is an unnecessary undertaking if spiritual practice is your goal....still waiting for you to provide a shred of evidence to prove it is not....

The classical teacher nonsense doesn't stand up to scrutiny either......Some of John Chang's students objectively performed a demonstration to illustrate advancement that others who have " built the foundation cannot".... Chang himself practically performed miracles...no qi gong there...his art was far older and more primitive than a lot of what you see nowadays

SOTG has posted innumerable clips of paranormal things occurring and insights....and again no qi gong

Also im not trying to elevate anyone, nor am I his student...I simply call it as I see it....and I don't dress it up or avoid critical analysis because of some preconceived bias about what is authentic or " how things should be" 

Also further to the point.....some people like qi gong and only want to do that...perfect, and fine....it certainly has its benefits...and some want to take the slow pathway..again fine...no doubt about it.....but for those who don't...to subject them to it anyway despite not wanting to do it.... and when its clearly not compulsory and serves them no purpose... it is guess what? A business decision primarily

Now you're going to argue that he's doing it for safety....So please.....IM BEGGING YOU...provide counter evidence to illustrate it as a necessary step, and show me why it is so important....show me where thousands of  esoteric/occult/hermetic  practitioners  from all corners of the globe who practice internal alchemy have become sick or died because they didn't do the ji ben gong and stand in wuji for two years ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/13/2019 at 9:03 AM, Forwards said:

Here's sotgs latest vid btw since you were interested 

That's pretty cool. I have a hard time believing things like this when it's so easy to edit videos and add effects...but if one could use their own camera filming him, and immediately after see this, that would be interesting.

• Like 4