welkin

Who is Loneman Pai?

4 hours ago, ilumairen said:

Psst .. wrong "V" name. 

Nope, just making reference to a different thread...the "v" in question knows exactly what I am talking about

6 hours ago, pegasus1992 said:

Seeing as we are in the business of recommending readings, perhaps go back to my last post to you and address it, rather than simply ignoring it....

That's a link to a low-powered LED bulb that will light up from even just static in a room.

Then you can lift some Yellow Phosphorus and Carbon Disulfide from a chemistry set and light some newspaper on fire with them.

But yeah - read something, anything, about Qigong and Neigong - you'll be surprised.

-VonKrankenhaus

1 minute ago, vonkrankenhaus said:

That's a link to a low-powered LED bulb that will light up from even just static in a room.

Then you can lift some Yellow Phosphorus and Carbon Disulfide from a chemistry set and light some newspaper on fire with them.

But yeah - read something, anything, about Qigong and Neigong - you'll be surprised.

-VonKrankenhaus

And you are implying that this is what anyone who does such a demonstration is doing ( as per the other thread)...like with most of your claims, there is no evidence ( least of all provided by you), to suggest that is the case.

I've read plenty thank you....but continue the blind speculation, it seems to be something you commonly refer back to

2 minutes ago, pegasus1992 said:

And you are implying that this is what anyone who does such a demonstration is doing

Yes.

I am writing exactly that.

Because there is no evidence whatsoever to suggest otherwise.

-VonKrankenhaus

1 hour ago, pegasus1992 said:

Nope, just making reference to a different thread...the "v" in question knows exactly what I am talking about

Why bring the argument in another thread to this one?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vonkrankenhaus said:

Yes.

-VonKrankenhaus

What if you could make evidence? And by that I mean, go right ahead.

What is the difference between a real invisible thing and a fake invisible thing?

Edited by Everything
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Everything said:

What if you could make evidence? And by that I mean, go right ahead.

What is the difference between a real invisible thing and a fake invisible thing?

The willingness to "throw down" is certainly the same.. :lol:

Good one everything. 

3 hours ago, vonkrankenhaus said:

Yes.

-VonKrankenhaus

There's plenty

The fact that YOU choose to ignore the  evidence and testimony of others is YOUR choice...but do not for one moment imagine that you have any objective evidence to suggest it otherwise

Let us take JC...tested by scientists, confirmed by countless others.......evidence is there that something paranormal is at play..what that something is not yet defined by western science...although drew is quite good at forming the links....want to ask him if its all made up?

Now let us take you

Tested nobody, Confirmed nothing....yet speaks as if they are an authority....tries to belittle others abilities because you are most likely envious as pointed out by @GSmaster

There's critical thinking and then theirs downright stubbornness and ignorance....if you envision yourself falling into the former category, you should look a bit harder

On 5/29/2019 at 11:44 PM, Kar3n said:

[ ... ] I encourage you to read the insult policy, the founding principles as well as the terms and rules. All can be found here.

^^^

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ilumairen said:

^^^

Ignorance = To be unaware

Stubborn = unyielding 

There is no insult here, least of all a personal one...I can assure you of that.

This is nothing more than an assessment of the responses posted...

5 hours ago, Everything said:

This is like saying that when someone "finds" a coin behind your ear, this is a simple trick most kids learn.

EVERY SINGLE instance of people lighting paper on fire that I have seen was made using the chemical trick.

Why make up impossible scenarios to explain common tricks everyone knows - especially when looks and functions EXACTLY like the trick way does?

Means you want to be duped.

Outer layers of paper are always shown dry. Inner layers are wet, and ignite when they dry out, which happen fast - but allows time to wave hand, or other gesture of fake power, etc.

I am not aware of even one person EVER lighting any paper on fire with "Qi", and especially not in any sort of science experiment or study. The persons expecting it to means they never studied this at all. Just fantasies and bullshits.

"Qi" is just movement between the poles of any polarity, and isn't any one substance or thing.

In the body - same thing.

If you study actual Qigong and Neigong you can develop real thing and not be so looking for newspaper tricks and light bulbs that do nothing good.

-VonKrankenhaus

12 hours ago, pegasus1992 said:

Ignorance = To be unaware

Stubborn = unyielding 

There is no insult here, least of all a personal one...I can assure you of that.

This is nothing more than an assessment of the responses posted...

A prime example of naive realism.

Your assessment is your interpretation of partial information, not a depiction of what is as it is...

Naive Realism:

My human perceptual tools perceive what is in its entirety and convey that information accurately.  

This makes my perception The Arbiter of Truth.  It's so obvious, it must be true...

Were this the case, we would all still be convinced the Earth is the axis of the spin of the Universe, cuz duh!  Walk outside and observe the sun arching overhead... obviously I'm not moving, the Sun is. 

Truth by Consensus, Naive Realism is akin to Intellectual Violence.

All perception is based on gamble.  Awareness interacts with stimuli through our perceptual mechanisms.  This is always partial, pared down information compared to what is... we then interpret these partial signals based on social and familial conditioning and extrapolate this into what to us seems like a full image and then assume we 'get it', and see what is, as it is.

Preposterous assumptive nonsense...

This has been refuted by every age since the Stoics mate.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

Your assessment is your interpretation of partial information, not a depiction of what is as it is...

Naive Realism:

My human perceptual tools perceive what is in its entirety and convey that information accurately.  

This makes my perception The Arbiter of Truth.  It's so obvious, it must be true...

Were this the case, we would all still be convinced the Earth is the axis of the spin of the Universe, cuz duh!  Walk outside and observe the sun arching overhead... obviously I'm not moving, the Sun is. 

All perception is based on gamble.  Awareness interacts with stimuli through our perceptual mechanisms.  This is always partial, pared down information compared to what is... we then interpret these partial signals based on social and familial conditioning and extrapolate this into what to us seems like a full image and then assume we 'get it', and see what is, as it is.

I changed my "like" to a "thanks" because this deserves a trophy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, silent thunder said:

Naive Realism:

Except it isn't because from a psychological perspective, I do not believe my opinion be objective fact, and from a philosophy of mind perspective, I do not view the senses as objective receptors of reality.

In fact, if you payed attention to what I've written here and in other threads, this is EXACTLY what I've spoken OUT against

No naive realism

No Intellectual violence

Try harder next time please

Its easier to state this as, I don't believe that any reductionist materialistic framework accounts for anything, and when someone claims trickery on any act that appears paranormal, that is exactly the lens they are placing over it. Proving trickery is one thing, claiming it with zero evidence is another, hence the ignorance and stubbornness comment, which refers to the apparent lack of ability to critically assess ALL of the available evidence pertaining to the matter at hand, and to gather new data to prove a point

23 hours ago, pegasus1992 said:

Now let us take you

Tested nobody, Confirmed nothing

I might surprise you some time.

But I just take it to show that you have no problem jumping to conclusions with zero actual evidence, but just some psychological need for them.

So perhaps might want to take a new look at "Chang" videos too.

-VonKrankenhaus

Edited by vonkrankenhaus

2 minutes ago, vonkrankenhaus said:

But I just take it to show that you have no problem jumping to conclusions with zero actual evidence, but just some psychological need for them.

Yes, you appear to have become his focused embodiment of "the destroyer of magic and possibility," which of course must be fought for principles sake. 

13 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

"the destroyer of magic and possibility,"

Is in fact maybe the funniest part, if someone were to actually know me and then see that.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

Yes, you appear to have become his focused embodiment of "the destroyer of magic and possibility," which of course must be fought for principles sake. 

Funny while reading this I got a vision of someone dressed in puritan garb riding a horse with a sword and a crossbow descending on a village said to be housing the muscle bound tatted warlock who wears a mask whilst teaching others his arcane craft. This mysterious riders intent leaves not much to imagination as grim of mood and stern of visage as he draws ever nearer.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, pegasus1992 said:

Proving trickery is one thing, claiming it with zero evidence is another, hence the ignorance and stubbornness comment, which refers to the apparent lack of ability to critically assess ALL of the available evidence pertaining to the matter at hand, and to gather new data to prove a point

The videos you have shown are not evidence of anything other than piercings being stretched. The lack of flinching while stretched proves nothing.

There are plenty of people who have a high pain tolerance, but there is a threshold. As someone who has given natural, unmedicated child birth I can attest to that fact.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Kar3n said:

The videos you have shown are not evidence of anything other than piercings being stretched. The lack of flinching while stretched proves nothing.

There are plenty of people who have a high pain tolerance, but there is a threshold. As someone who has given natural, unmedicated child birth I can attest to that fact.

Not saying thanks, but dang girl,  now that deserves a trophy! 🏆 

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Pilgrim said:

Not saying thanks, but dang girl,  now that deserves a trophy! 🏆 

I only did it once! It began to hurt like hell, but there was no time for meds. She was making her entrance to the world.

I have done a few drugs in my time, but that was the most euphoric experience of my life. It lasted for about 4 hours and was an incredible high. Incredible doesn't even cover it. I have forgotten the pain, but I will never forget the high after. I have had periods of it, a few minutes here and there, in practice, but it dissipates as soon as I recognize it. :(

I took the drugs early with our other 2 babies. Torture for euphoria is not thing...

2 hours ago, vonkrankenhaus said:

So perhaps might want to take a new look at "Chang" videos too.

-VonKrankenhaus

I have zero need for anything, I just look at the facts and the evidence (all of it), you cannot even respond to the entirety of the posts directed at you, instead it appears you selectively choose which parts you feel like you should...that says enough really. The evidence for JC is that two academics tested some of his claims, they could not debunk him..a third one was also present, this was the man who originally found him....all of his students and patients that have publicly spoken have said the same things, and the most interesting part of all is this....all of them have met the man and you have not....

so until you do or if you ever do...you have two things to  go on your experience (which is nothing, as you never met him) and the testimony of others.....the testimony in this case is supported by the fact that scientists could not find foul play as a factor....it is really that simple....so if its not trickery (which was demonstrated) then what? you have not demonstrated it was trickery and the best available evidence says it wasn't...so that's it really....case closed. More evidence for than against....gather more data to understand better? yes certainly but he's been MIA for 20 odd years...so what we have is all we have and we are left to make a judgement based on it.....to tell me you don't believe it is fine...but to claim it's something such as trickery...that you need SOME evidence for, and that you do not have.

I don't think you are capable of surprising me anymore than you already have, but you are welcome to drop by the current study im doing, you can participate too if you're between 18-35 and on no medication and healthy. Perhaps you might actually learn how data and science and evidence work

1 hour ago, Kar3n said:

The lack of physical response demonstrates that pain has not been registered, because if you did understand science (the neuroscience more specifically) you would understand that reflex is natural with severe pain...a person bends over, a person squeezes the affected area, they vocalize, they cry....there will ALWAYS be some response unless it is not registering with the nervous system...there is no place

Your experience does not dictate the laws of biology, nor the science that underpins it....and when you consider the amount of receptors on places like the tongue and lips...you are left with no logical or scientific explanation as to how someone can continually slash their lips and tongue or eat glass and not have it register...BUT GO THERE AND YOU WILL SEE IT

Except those videos are not evidence...they are nothing more than highlights of an event you will see others do things that baffle the mind, so do please go there and actually look at it first hand and understand it...and the fun thing is this goes on regularly...so unlike other videos you can see this take place annually

Perhaps try that instead of making nonsensical claims about stretching. Because if you actually have the motivation to understand these things (im guessing you dont) you might learn something. But in any event if you actually watched the videos and seen ALL of the footage, glass eating, licking sharp blades until the tongue is ripped and bleeding and whatnot you might realize how the interception of consciousness bypasses biological and perceptual mechanisms underpinning pain itself...but hey, dont take the pictures words for it...or the videos

GO THERE AND EXPERIENCE IT

one the side note of pain during childbirth, your body naturally floods with endorphins as a way to quell the pain, which also alters consciousness somewhat.....hence the "high" many women experience...and guess where they are the highest..in unmediated natural vaginal births..and lowest in the case of epidurals or opiod meds....not to mention endorphins stimulate prolactin production..which also relaxes the individual further...these are further tied to the catecholamines or stress hormones..these go down as a result of the other two going up..finally lets remember Oxycotin, I shouldn't need to explain that.

Taken together, the body's natural mechanisms during pregnancy dull pain...but in any event its perceptive first and foremost...and often placed to around the same as amputation a finger or toe or thereabouts if one has no training...its less than that if there's preparation (According to the Mcgill Pain index)

Now why a finger or toe you say? well it has the most cortical tissue dedicated to it, which indicates its sensitivity, not to mention receptor density ( this is why pinching your finger in a door for example, hurts more than any other areas)....now where is the next biggest area ? ..surprise, surprise, the lips and tongue....let us look at the homonculus to demonstrate

I10-13-homunculus.0.jpg

so they are almost on par with fingers because we explore the world of touch via out fingers and mouth ( and toes sometimes) primarily..So these areas are extremely sensitive to touch and unsurpisingly, pain

SO now what you need to do is go find me a few dozen women who are giving birth simultaneously WITH ZERO EVIDENCE OF PAIN PERCEPTION...and then you might have a valid point...otherwise it's nonsensical. Because in Phuket you will exactly that effect during bouts of what is considered severe pain by all standards

If you take a trip to Phuket during the Vegetarian festival.....you'll be welcomed by dozens of unmedicated people doing things like this

20939399-phuket-vegetarian-festival-shoc

Thats not a piercing, is it?

How about this?

phuket-vegetarian.jpg

Nope

And this??

spirit-medium-cuts-his-tongue-while-walk

No piercing here

What about these men?

Vegetarian_festival_phuket.jpg

Nah....

In sum.....theres no scientific explanation for how dozens of people mutilate the most sensitive areas of their body at the same time and show no reflex, reaction or perception of pain....Absolutely none.....and the very fact that pain is perceptive and not objective further verifies that...as none of them feel anything whatsoever...yet they should all percieve it differently...so that must mean that they are all experiencing the same effect.

But im open to you ideas, so here is your big opportunity....

Explain it?

Its  a pity I cannot locate videos of the glass eating...but if I do manage ill be sure to post it

You would do well to educate yourself on the neuropsychological aspects of pain before claiming to know how pain works, because based on what you said, the example you used, I'm starting to think you don't seem to know much about it.....least of all because of an experience that is a natural part of life.....I could give you plenty of examples of horribly painful things that have happened me...but they are meaningless in understanding the mechanisms and whatnot of the matter

(As a final note, I am not saying anything in that video is on par with childbirth....my example is simply illustrating where amputation to the toes, fingers or any area of high receptive sensitivity registers next to childbirth, which is an example of the receptive sensitivity of these areas ONLY and NOTHING MORE)

In the meantime, ill gladly wait for you to locate those nonreactive few dozen women in labour to make your point 

27 minutes ago, pegasus1992 said:

The evidence for JC is that two academics tested some of his claims,

They were involved in making the film.

And even the best testimony from them is just hearsay.

So the best evidence "for" what you want is just hearsay, and the evidence "against" is that this is a common trick done by street performers all over the place.

Also, "academic" with knowledge of electronic engineering know about low-power LED lamps, new at that time.

Video of people cutting tongues also isn't showing any special functioning any more than the videos of the big piercings did.

If you actually study Chinese martial arts and Qigong and Daoist philosophy, you can learn what to look for and what is fake junk. Otherwise, there is no real basis to judge people as being involved in these or not.

But wow - strong opinions.

So willing to make up stuff about people without know anything, and hold onto fake like a gem.

What's it all for?

-VonKrankenhaus

Ever cut yourself with a sharp knife? No?

Spoiler

It is virtually painless.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1