dwai

Light is Pure Awareness

31 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

Aw bugger,  I know voids posts can be a bit jarring and overbearing at times but hoped they wouldn't get swatted out as several brought up some key points for me, regarding the interplay of sound and light, silence and darkness as well as a new term pratyahara and the withdrawing of the senses, that directly relates to the development of several anti-cravings I've developed along the path of my practice

Pratyahara is one of the limbs of ashtanga Yoga. :)

31 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

I'm still rebounding and chewing on the notion that we cannot perceive light as it is in this instant, this moment, but only as it was prior to our interpreting and processing it visually.  Always a step behind so to speak.  Perhaps this is why so much emphasis is placed on going within in spiritual pursuits of realization... pratyahara, darkness, silence, stillness... withdrawing the sensory which is by its very nature innacurate, toward the unsensory, which by comparison is more accurate? 

Isn’t that all our meditating on internal objects is? We move our attention from external objects to internal objects - chakras, inner motifs, nadis, meridians, dan tiens etc. Eventually we drop even those internal objects, what remains is pure awareness. 

All these efforts to explain light, sound etc are just prolonging ignorance, imho.

Physics might one day be able to come up with a unified theory that explains all phenomena. If it doesn’t do it with awareness as the primary and necessary source, will result in remaining deluded, in spite of all apparent sophistry. 

• Like 4

@Nungali Very cool video! Thank you for sharing.

On the topic of light, only a very small range of the electromagnetic spectrum qualifies as "visible" light. The vast majority of light is imperceptible with the naked eye.

https://science.nasa.gov/ems/09_visiblelight

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visible_spectrum

Why bring this up? Well, since we're equating light with awareness might it stand to reason that just as we can only see a small spectrum of "visible light", we can only be perceive a similarly small spectrum of "visible awareness?" (I just coined that) In other words, although we have machines that can detect much of the electromagnetic spectrum, those machines must convert the portions we cannot perceive into the visible portion in order for us to know it. This is a process  of translation.

On the same note, what "machines" do we have to perceive awareness outside of our normal capacity? Well, we have "religion", and "philosophy" to name two. And do we not use these machines to translate awareness from a form we cannot perceive into one that we can? So just as x-rays do not look like a black and white photo (rather they are translated into black and white visible light), would not our religious and philosophical "revelations" be yet another translation?

And knowing this, does it not stand to reason that an "aware" person is left with this simple conclusion: he knows very little?

• Like 1

visible awareness... that

the awareness one is aware of... and what one is not aware of...?

what is the limit of awareness?  is there a limit to awareness?

if there were a limit, could we even be aware that we weren't aware?

what lies beyond awareness?

the three circles of knowledge... picture two circles, one vast and one tiny. 

the tiny one represents what you will learn and know in this life.

the vast one represents what you will know that you don't know, can't know, in this life.

and the third circle is no circle, it has no boundaries and extends outside the vast circle and represents what you will never be able to know, that you don't know.

now substitute the concept knowledge with awareness and replay the previous... (woof) 

I love this place!  thank you!

• Thanks 1

Reading some of this thread I remembered a poem by Yehuda Amachai I`d like to share...

Forgetting someone is like forgetting to turn off the light 
    in the backyard so it stays lit all the next day 

But then it is the light that makes you remember.

Yehuda Amachai

• Like 1

off topic and or terms but one should not confuse a silence that harmfully crushes with the silence that frees and is of great help 

• Like 1

"Light" is vibration.

Vibration means "two" or "Polarity" - in order for there to be any wave, wave length, amplitude, or period.

Without Polarity there can be no Light.

Where does Polarity come from?

- VonKrankenhaus

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Speaking of static universe, has anyone here heard of the electrostatic universe theory?  I looked into it a little bit and some of their claims seem a little cwazy but it does help explain other aspects of astrophysics very well, things which the current accepted theories have difficulty with..

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, vonkrankenhaus said:

"Light" is vibration.

Vibration means "two" or "Polarity" - in order for there to be any wave, wave length, amplitude, or period.

- VonKrankenhaus

Precisely this oscillation/interplay between polarity that lends easily to the seeming appearance of 'two', yet are unified in experience/phenomenon.  All waves have crests and troughs.  All sticks have a top and bottom, snap one in half and you have two complete sticks, not two bottoms. 

phenomenal experience manifests/emanates within the polarity/oscillation of unified fields...  and yet at its base what is present? 

awareness seems to be there.

Does awareness have an oscillation?  Is there non-awareness?  Is it possible?  if it were, could we even know?

Or is Awareness a unified process that phenomenal perception lends a sense of on/off? 

Or is it constant?  foundational? 

sure seems foundational... yet if there is a realm beyond awareness... how would one check?

I disagree. If I am born blind, with no areas of the brain that involve sight, I can still be aware. What about temperature sensation, sound, and other sense modalities that don't involve light at all? Awareness is something else other than energy - also it does not have to involve photons at all. It can involve the movement of small hairs that turn into an electrical signal. The awareness isn't even of the hairs movement at all - its of the signal that get transduced.

Edited by Songtsan
  • Like 1

A powerful distinction... the myriad layers of awareness

physical sensation is awareness

yet awareness in the manner of an abstract thought which exists in the mind only is also awareness and yet abides in no particular place, though a thought has a spot in time, beginning, and fading...

so many layers and spheres of awareness...

pure awareness is... where in space?  is it in a place?  does it come and go in time?

doesn't seem to be bound in that manner... perhaps only my perceptual process can lend that sense to it

silent, empty darkness seems permeated with awareness to me

my physical body with all its myriad sensations, seems not the source of awareness either, but rather more like a dense, slow vibratory speck within the field of my awareness which is vast beyond reckoning and not even fully mounted or fixed to the dimensions I commonly refer to as 'reality'.

5abd199714523_toroidalspheregif.gif.ee14d9dcd51b56acd432266999ecc5c0.gif

30 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

Precisely this oscillation/interplay between polarity that lends easily to the seeming appearance of 'two', yet are unified in experience/phenomenon.  All waves have crests and troughs.  All sticks have a top and bottom, snap one in half and you have two complete sticks, not two bottoms.

This is basic YinYang.

"Tao produces One, One produces Two,," - Means that "the way things go", some Thing appears. That "thing" (One) already and inherently HAS polarity - an up/down, inside/outside, beginning/ending, and so on.

And there is no "only Yin" or "only Yang". This is your two sticks, or a coin that cannot have only head side or tail side, but is always "One" coin.

ANY "thing" that arises or appears HAS polarity.

In this sense, however, we can see that Polarity is actually showing Unity.

- VonKrankenhaus

Edited by vonkrankenhaus
  • Like 2

on another line:  only the Self knows the Self - and how one might further allude to that with various terms remains to be seen or heard. (pun intended)

• Thanks 1

How Anna Breytenbach explains animal communication -

“it’s actually a matter of the heart….People have to go quiet and still to hear again.” To fine tune these skills simply requires becoming quiet enough from the mental chatter. A quiet enough inner state to be able to hear and listen very deeply beyond the five senses. When the mind can fall really quiet and I’m just in a state of shared awareness, …seeing, it’s a mutual knowing….in a much more full way than linear time can even account for. And in three seconds of shared being with another, we can know each other fully: past, present and future.

Check her out on Youtube - it's amazing. She really does communicate with animals. haha.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, vonkrankenhaus said:

"Light" is vibration.

- VonKrankenhaus

It comes from the 'real' manifestation of an 'idea' or 'principle' , which, in its original form is 'non-dual' .

EG,   the idea or  concept  of temperature ,  as a concept, in the ideal world has no form .   When the 'idea , form, concept, process', etc.  is manifest in the 'material world'  of 'substance '   we have a 'range concept'  ;  hot - cold  ; polarities.

Or the same  with 'charge'   ... its an idea or concept ('ideal' )  ; in the 'real' world , its polarities are  + and  -  charge .

Or Dao  (Ideal , undefinable, etc ) - ying yang 'polarity.

( Law of Three again  ;)   )

9 hours ago, Starjumper said:

Speaking of static universe, has anyone here heard of the electrostatic universe theory?  I looked into it a little bit and some of their claims seem a little cwazy but it does help explain other aspects of astrophysics very well, things which the current accepted theories have difficulty with..

Well, I was going to add   'weak force / strong force' to the above    their 'mercurial mediating medium '  is electromagnetic force  but it seemed ;out of the park' a bit .   Until I saw this  ^    .... done some downloads on it , but the sun just came up , the fog cleared and its a beautiful cool light filled day out there .... so ...   later .    :)

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

Light in hebrew is אור

There are two kind of light

The invisibel light in genesis

Day one before the sun and moon

Were created on day four in genesis.  This light is energy

אור in gimatria is 207

Ein sof   אין סוף  ו is allso 207

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ein_Sof  

Ein sof in hebrew is No end , infiniti

• Like 2

On 28.3.2018 at 10:48 PM, Marblehead said:

Yes, this is a possibility.  But as I have stated, I am a skeptic and they have me pretty well convinced regarding Dark Matter and Dark Energy, both of which are unmanifest energy of some sort.

A brand new discovery - just published in Nature - cocerns the confusing fact that the dwarf galaxy NGC 1052-DF2 does NOT contain any dark matter. It's the first of its kind ever found.

This was discovered by measuring the velocity of ten globular clusters in this ultra-diffuse galaxy - they are moving just as would be expected solely based on Newton's laws! Whereas other galaxies appear to contain about 400 times more dark matter than visible matter.

• Like 1

Interesting.  Did they mention if it had a Black Hole?  Nope.  They said nothing about a Black Hole.  

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Michael Sternbach said:

A brand new discovery - just published in Nature - cocerns the confusing fact that the dwarf galaxy NGC 1052-DF2 does NOT contain any dark matter. It's the first of its kind ever found.

This was discovered by measuring the velocity of ten globular clusters in this ultra-diffuse galaxy - they are moving just as would be expected solely based on Newton's laws! Whereas other galaxies appear to contain about 400 times more dark matter than visible matter.

According to non-canon sources, The Force (tm) is not present in all galaxies. Oy, vey! ;-P

Thought are produced either by internal tendencies or by sounds prevailing in the sky. Pudgal (material) particles of sound enter into our mind and produce thoughts.... Pudgala particles emerging from the mind spread in the sky. They strike the minds of other men and influence them.... When the opposite currents unite they produce light.. ... But neither has it [the Soul] colour nor is it visible....This formless substance [pudgala-prana] pervades the whole universe. It is omnipresent....We need a different medium to know them....We are neither able to perceive pudgala or matter (as sound waves) nor consciousness exclusively. Our empirical evidence consists of a combination of both..

free pdf - The Mysteries of Mind. http://holybooks.com 

author Yuvacarya Mahaprajna - turns out he was the head of Jainism:

3 hours ago, Nungali said:

Well, I was going to add   'weak force / strong force' to the above    their 'mercurial mediating medium '  is electromagnetic force  but it seemed ;out of the park' a bit .   Until I saw this  ^    .... done some downloads on it , but the sun just came up , the fog cleared and its a beautiful cool light filled day out there .... so ...   later .    :)

.....  oh well ,    

And then the wheels fell off…

http://neutrinodreaming.blogspot.com.au/2011/09/electric-universe-theory-debunked.html

and numerous other sites 

But I did manage to weed 2/3 of veggie garden, water, placate neighbour,  and pick tomatoes , squash, cucumber and eggplant  :) .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nungali said:

.....  oh well ,    

And then the wheels fell off…

http://neutrinodreaming.blogspot.com.au/2011/09/electric-universe-theory-debunked.html

and numerous other sites 

But I did manage to weed 2/3 of veggie garden, water, placate neighbour,  and pick tomatoes , squash, cucumber and eggplant  :) .

Nungali that link uses quantum physics - and in terms of the electroweak force - the secret is that it is left-handed. As B.G. Sidharth points out - he predicted the dark energy acceleration of the Universe and so should have gotten the Nobel prize - and Sidharth also explains how life on Earth has left-handed amino acids due to the electroweak force. This also explains why there is more matter than antimatter. But the key point is our brains rely on chirality of light - so we also have right-handed sugars and left-handed amino acids. But life on Earth is actually right brain dominant with left-handed amino acids. So the observed entropy of the Universe as linear time is actually a byproduct of left brain dominance with right-handed dominance. Science has pretended the math is symmetric and objective but it is not. I have a playlist that goes over this in detail - based on quantum physics as what Einstein called "spooky action at a distance using telepathic methods." So for example de Broglie's student - Oliver Costa de Beauregard believed strongly in precognition, as based on quantum relativity.

when I posted OP titled “light is pure awareness” I didn’t literally mean light (phenomenological). I notice some people  have caught on to that. 

• Like 3