Let's leave MM crying in the crib and continue with mature discussion. His parents must take notice if he needs tending.

What is the purpose of holistic training? Are all trainings inherently holistic and always beneficial to health?

There is certain absurdity when some people appropriate a morsel of highly specialized and many tiered (for example, no less than 72 levels in Mo Pai) martial qigong system and presume in good faith and without caution that they can continue practicing this small portion on and on without adverse effects.

All tiered martial systems have a specific purpose for each stage. They are meant for conditioning the body and spirit like a gymnastic or body builder would train in a gradual and sequential manner according to his condition and needs.

What is implicit in here is that exercising for muscular fitness requires total lifestyle adjustment in both diet and sleep and also regulating and keeping in moderation circumstantial training conditions to foster good results. Hence it isn't wise to just keep exercising one muscle group or bulk up muscle without doing stretching and mobility training. The result of such neglect might look nice and impressive to some, until it becomes clear how limited your mobility has become and your muscles looking awkwardly lopsided.

The holistic conditioning aspect is especially relevant for systems that initiate with muscle tension methods. I will remind that no responsible kungfu school will teach arts involving Iron Shirt or isometric tension without caveats about how damaging they can be if trained too early or too eagerly.

Summary:

It is very possible and quite likely for self-initiates to create qi stagnation or deviation if they do muscle tensing methods. These are highly specific methods and examples of conditioning which will not benefit anyone's health holistically as they are geared for combat readiness with a tough body. In more general qigong context Micro-Cosmic Orbit and sexual practices are usual examples of too forceful or badly taught methods that can cause serious ill consequences.

Edited by virtue
Grammar
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, MegaMind said:

According to John only humans that have fused yin and yang chi together as one, can perceive yin energy.

According to him there are around 10 or so living people on Earth like John that have done so.

Mo Pai gives the siddhi power of stats? :huh:

Edited by ralis
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

John must have not known very many people.  practices of complete arts are very deep, profound and extremely technical and detailed with masters that make more pie ( if it was real and not an internet invention) seem very childish.

“If one practices the Yin body,
one’s Essence, Qi and Spirit are utterly wasted,
trapped in the cycle of life and death.

when the Yang Spirit also takes the material body, the body with form, as its bedchamber, room, and house, then you know there is a true ‘You’ inside this body, and that all the others are fake.  

More pie loves to take the fake for real.... very funny stuff!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MegaMind said:

SACSCOC doesn't count as a regional accreditation?

You are being exceptionally twisty here. Just because a school is accredited and offers some online course options doesn't mean a PhD can be earned solely online.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MegaMind said:

According to John only humans that have fused yin and yang chi together as one, can perceive yin energy.

According to him there are around 10 or so living people on Earth like John that have done so.

I'm sorry, but this "select few" shtick is a pretty big red flag for a cult - especially when the speaker/leader claims a skill/power others could only test if they too were of the select few who possessed it. I.e. "Believe me, I know what you do not, and you'll just have to trust me until you develop my skills (or drink the kool aid and convince yourself of the truth of my claims). It's not working? You need more faith and trust and to work harder."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, GSmaster said:

You are still trying to talk with someone who has no brain :P

Dude, I just walked in (negating your "still"), and will type words to who I wish when I wish regardless of any injunction on your part.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zork said:

Now YOU are moving goalposts. You mentioned PhDs only. Online PhDs are NEVER accredited. A PhD requires original research plus experiments and publications in peer reviewed journals or presentation in a reputable national/International conference.

You just prove that you are completely clueless about the academic environment too.

But as you said i live in Latveria where PhDs actually mean something and video can't be used as proof independently. :P

Indeed! Online accreditation is a complete joke and given that it is Mississippi State is more of a joke! Mississippi State students chant at football games, "the South will rise again."

I looked up "Latveria" on Google Earth and it is no where to be found. :lol:

• Like 1

I looked up "Latveria" on Google Earth and it is no where to be found. :lol:

It's the Marvel universe kingdom of Doctor Doom. :lol:

Edited by ilumairen
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, GSmaster said:

I have seen a complete morons and zero Iq people with PhD degrees.

Check out Beurin University--it is accredited, but the accrediting body is owned by the owner and founder of Beurin University--in essence, he accredited himself...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

I was just being facetious. :lol:

• Haha 1

Just now, ralis said:

I was just being facetious. :lol:

Yes, I noticed the laugh, and added my own. It's still fun, and I'm feeling a bit "chatty" today. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, GSmaster said:

Decent cultivation system should be working with brain development, not rely on "mortals" education system that is honestly a dogshit.

There's also this guy who offers people certificates for taking his workshop--pieces of paper with his signature and name on it saying that he declares them INTUITIVE. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

There's also this guy who offers people certificates for taking his workshop--pieces of paper with his signature and name on it saying that he declares them INTUITIVE. 

Southwestern College here is Santa Fe is a non accredited school for spiritual psychology etc. Started with the support of cult leader John Rogers who founded Insight Seminars which is another cult. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I think this whole accreditation thing is moot... the question to ask is - would you get surgery from a doctor that learned through dvds... even the very best dvds from the very best universities and read the very best textbooks on the subject...

The reality is that Neigong is just as tricky, precise, dangerous and a lot more difficult to master...

If someone’s teacher is a bunch of videos and some documents - then I’d stay away from them - just as you should stay away from a distance-learning based doctor.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, ilumairen said:

I might change my username to Dr. Zork just in case :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 12/25/2019 at 4:25 AM, Earl Grey said:

You listen to some seriously shitty music, by the way. ;) 

So you're just gonna dis ma girl Taylor like that!

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lol, when I was home two years ago my dad was steady bumping Taylor Swift, tablet computer on his lap and shit watching music videos hooked up to the stereo system, first thing in the morning! This while Joe Scarborough is on TV at the same time in front of him, ranting about Trump while failing to rant about just about anything else that matters. Many times this is the first thing I saw in the morning! I'm like, uh, really dude? His response, barely shifting his eyes from the screen, no trace of irony in his voice: "What? What? She's an amazingly talented musician!" Whatever swells your sausage, old man, was all I could think 😂

• Haha 3

I knew a guy who was all about MMA and about as Frat Boy as could be, no interest in the arts, not even liberal arts or humanities and social sciences. Son of a guy in the FBI, ate pork day in, day out, fought in some MMA competitions and is training to be in UFC. 

His birthday party theme and his crush is Taylor Swift, and him dancing about as gracefully as a hippo with an anvil welded to his joints, but hey, he liked the music, it was his birthday, so...

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

On 12/19/2019 at 10:56 PM, MegaMind said:

The Magus Of Java page 108

Hi, 

I appreciate the reply,

I believe higher levels of Mo Pai s still  considered "human immortal", as they don't get sick like normal people but body still gets old and dies.

13 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

I knew a guy who was all about MMA and about as Frat Boy as could be, no interest in the arts, not even liberal arts or humanities and social sciences. Son of a guy in the FBI, ate pork day in, day out, fought in some MMA competitions and is training to be in UFC. 

His birthday party theme and his crush is Taylor Swift, and him dancing about as gracefully as a hippo with an anvil welded to his joints, but hey, he liked the music, it was his birthday, so...

The music in the Taylor Swift commercial which she plays a waitress got stuck in my head and I couldn't exorcise it for days. It only took one time. :lol:

• Haha 3

It is interesting that Taylor Swift can take over "discussions" of more pie so easily.

Taylor does have way more than 4 fans unlike the entire universe of people that take more pie seriously. No school, no teachers, no system to even talk about from the only person that is interested in more pie... yawn!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Since the thread has been completely derailed, here is some real talent. I first heard this on the True Detective series season two along with some of her other music. Lera Lynn is more attractive in many ways than Taylor Swift. 

1 hour ago, ralis said:

Since the thread has been completely derailed, here is some real talent. I first heard this on the True Detective series season two along with some of her other music. Lera Lynn is more attractive in many ways than Taylor Swift. 

The name of this song is probably the most appropriate theme for the WMPs. The name of the band is appropriate to describe the people in the group. 

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

The name of this song is probably the most appropriate theme for the WMPs. The name of the band is appropriate to describe the people in the group. 

Perhaps this fits in with WMP. ‘“We” is a giveaway. :lol:

• Haha 2