2 minutes ago, MegaMind said:

This is the main forum on the internet where Mo Pai is "discussed", but I have seen flame wars go on other forums for about as long as they go on here.

I woudn't say we discuss it here.  More flame fest.

I remember starting a new thread on Mo Pai with instructions no insults, no history, just philosophy and comparative techniques.  I got nothing but sarcasm from WMP.  They could not add anything positive or abide the existence of a thread without insults.  They tossed fuel trying to get it going.

Why??  I don't understand it, this thread is typical of Mo Pai and I suspect its exactly what they want.  Why??  attention?  it gets them attention.  and the ones who suffer most are the authentic Indonesian Mo Pai who find mention of there art on the net being spammed by Westerners.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, GSmaster said:

my post already debunked that, Jeremy

Yeah, I think that's a good name to call him since he sounds like the headcase in that Pearl Jam song of the same name that I linked earlier. :rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, MegaMind said:

It is not our intention to go proselytize on any forum, we are merely running defense.

Except there are times you think you're defending when someone wasn't even attacking you--which is how you began the feud with me and tell me to "get over it and move on" instead of apologizing.

Like I said before, two words ("I'm sorry") spoken sincerely can change the world. But you're too arrogant and prideful to even do that. 

4 minutes ago, thelerner said:

I remember starting a new thread on Mo Pai with instructions no insults, no history, just philosophy and comparative techniques.  I got nothing but sarcasm from WMP.  They could not add anything positive or abide the existence of a thread without insults.  They tossed fuel trying to get it going.

Why??  I don't understand it, this thread is typical of Mo Pai and I suspect its exactly what they want.  Why??  attention?  it gets them attention.  and the ones who suffer most are the authentic Indonesian Mo Pai who find mention of there art on the net being spammed by Westerners.  

Flame fest is an understatement.

You created a thread for the discussion of Mo Pai, but nothing related to it was discussed.

4 minutes ago, thelerner said:

I think it really is attention. They need to create a bad guy as they are basically losers who are tough on the Internet and reinforced by a SeCrEt SuPeRdUpEr AwEsOmE pOwEr that they appropriated and claim ownership over. 

In the battle for personal relevance, negative attention is still attention, which is what reality TV revealed to us and only reinforced as social media and the lack of community contributes to, sadly. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, GSmaster said:

my post already debunked that, Jeremy

They checked those researches and called them bogus.

Who is Jeremy?

Also please see the veterans affairs va.gov website.

1 minute ago, MegaMind said:

Who is Jeremy?

Also please see the veterans affairs va.gov website.

"Jeremy" is a new nickname that I suggested with the Offspring and Korn and Stabbing Westward songs a few posts earlier. Because you sound like the kid who lost it in this Pearl Jam song. 

This song is about a boy named Jeremy Wade Delle, 16, who shot himself in front of his 30 classmates in his 2nd period English class. To know a bit about the background and history of Jeremy. He attended Richardson High School in Texas and his English teacher was Faye Barnett. Jeremy had only been at Richardson for a little more than 3 months before his death, he had some problems at his previous school and was sent to a psychiatric hospital. Apparently the insurance money ran out at the hospital and he was deemed as "cured" and released. Subsequently he went to live with his dad and was transferred to Richardson HS. Shortly after arriving at Richardson Jeremy's locker was searched and some controversial but not illegal religious items were found. Also, Jeremy had made some statements regarding two Richardson faculty members that may have gone over the line. As a result, they placed him in ISS (In School Suspension. You have to believe that being moved around like this and immediately being labeled a trouble maker would have a profound effect on a 16 year old. They pretty much put him in ISS because of the locker search and because of his stay at the psychiatric hospital, were I understand he was happier and got along with the other patients. In the ISS program he had been in contact with a girl, Lisa Moore, and they had become friends. Lisa stated that Jeremy wanted to discuss the boy she was dating and also mentioned he was having trouble with one of his teachers. She was probably the closest person to Jeremy at the time. Anyway, he was assigned to the ISS program and from what I've read the ISS was pretty bad. It was pretty much solitary confinement, they didn't talk to you and you couldn't talk. Considering Jeremy was described as a quiet, lonely and distant boy, isolation was the last thing he should've been given. Lisa and Jeremy would secretly write notes back and forth at ISS and he would alway write "Write Back" on the bottom of each note. On Monday January 7th, he wrote "Later Days".

On the Tuesday morning of January 8th, 1991 Jeremy was supposed to be in ISS the day he attended Faye Barnett's class and Faye knew he was supposed to be there. She told Jeremy that he needed a principle pass to even be in her room. By this time Jeremy's life was in turmoil and he was unhappy, his parents divorced at an early age and his Dad barely knew he was even there. His school life was no better. Plus I believe there may have been underlying psychiatric problems.

Jeremy got out of his seat and was gone for less than 10 minutes, Instead of going to the principle's office he went to his locker and retrieved a .357 magnum and hid it under his shirt. When he returned to Barnett's class he quietly entered the classroom and walked to the front. With no emotion he said, "Miss, I got what I really went for". He placed the barrel in his mouth and pulled the trigger before anyone could react.

Now, here's a magic trick: 

Just own your shit. 

Drop this fight. Apologize. A simple, "I'm sorry, I was an ass, I may not understand it or agree, but you were upset by it. And everyone else involved got mad too. I'll stop posting now, and would appreciate if we stop this now, and I won't bother you or anyone." 

Just apologize. Stop posting. I'll stop too. I'm sure the others will if you make that effort. 

I know you won't though, as you're too arrogant and self-pitying to do so. You'll probably say "If you say so" or "k" or "There is nothing to apologize for" as you have done and tell me "Move on and get over it." 

But hey, prove me wrong and show me you can be a better man! 

14 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Yeah, I think that's a good name to call him since he sounds like the headcase in that Pearl Jam song of the same name that I linked earlier. :rolleyes:

Except there are times you think you're defending when someone wasn't even attacking you--which is how you began the feud with me and tell me to "get over it and move on" instead of apologizing.

Like I said before, two words ("I'm sorry") spoken sincerely can change the world. But you're too arrogant and prideful to even do that. 

I sincerely have reviewed things over and over to try and understand why you are upset, but I cannot grasp it.

Just now, MegaMind said:

I sincerely have reviewed things over and over to try and understand why you are upset, but I cannot grasp it.

Yet, you can't bring yourself to apologize. It's so easy for you to fight and argue, act like a jerk, and say move on, or a dismissive "k". 

You brought this upon yourself. 

"Pride cometh before the fall...."

8 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Yet, you can't bring yourself to apologize. It's so easy for you to fight and argue, act like a jerk, and say move on, or a dismissive "k". 

You brought this upon yourself. 

"Pride cometh before the fall...."

I do not understand what it is I am apologizing for.

I created a new thread so we could finish our discussion without derailing another thread.

I did this because people were complaining the thread was being derailed.

You didn't like the name of the thread so I changed it to try and make you happy.

You asked why this was so important, and I explained it had been used to attack us with in the past, so it was important to defend against.

I just answered honestly.

You are still upset about this almost 4 months later, and it makes absolutely no sense what-so-ever to me.

I do not understand what it is I am apologizing for.

I created a new thread so we could finish our discussion without derailing another thread.

I did this because people were complaining the thread was being derailed.

You didn't like the name of the thread so I changed it to try and make you happy.

You asked why this was so important, and I explained it had been used to attack us with in the past, so it was important to defend against.

I just answered honestly.

You are still upset about this almost 4 months later, and it makes absolutely no sense what-so-ever to me.

And this is why your conflict continues: because you simply can’t offer an apology or seek to be reconciliatory, or to understand. 

You derailed the original thread and I wasn’t even talking about Mo Pai. You sought to create conflict and I even initially tried to be friendly and was steering away from it, but you couldn’t stop.

You enjoy conflict. Simple as that. And you’re not willing to be a better man. Perhaps it is impossible for you to get along with others since you’d rather continue to fight than own up to your  ill-bred behavior.

11 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

And this is why your conflict continues: because you simply can’t offer an apology or seek to be reconciliatory, or to understand. 

You derailed the original thread and I wasn’t even talking about Mo Pai. You sought to create conflict and I even initially tried to be friendly and was steering away from it, but you couldn’t stop.

You enjoy conflict. Simple as that. And you’re not willing to be a better man. Perhaps it is impossible for you to get along with others since you’d rather continue to fight than own up to your  ill-bred behavior.

I certainly have better things to do with my time, as do the rest of our group. 

Being here to defend ourselves, our teachers, and our practice takes a considerable amount of effort.

If we won the lottery we would purchase this forum from Sean, and we would institute a moratorium on all Mo Pai discussion just like the right wing trump nonsense.

This would end the Mo Pai wars here on this forum at least.

Also here is a quote from me restating the situation as I see it:

On 12/7/2019 at 3:12 PM, MegaMind said:

Taomeow posted a link to a video seen here:

https://www.facebook.com/kuleshova.training/videos/420349398507508/

The post was titled "And that's why I shun "new and improved interpretations" and "combining practices" and "a creative approach" to any original sources"

The video showed a teacher making motions as if they were riding a motorcycle.

The next person transmitted this information to the next person, and so on and so forth, with each transmission they changed it just a little bit, until at the very end it had devolved and bore no resemblance whatsoever to riding a motorcycle, and looked more like someone washing a window.

I made a comment that the art I study has a problem where authors who never studied the art taught information that bore no resemblance to the actual art, and others defend this info and these authors as legitimate authorities.  I also mentioned how others alter and edit original instructions to change them into something new and different.   I told Taomewo her video explained how teachings are corrupted and misinformation is transmitted.

You raised a point about people relying on videos, and videos can be faked. The best way to tell you said was in person demonstrations by the teacher.

I explained a teacher doesn't have the time and energy required to do a personal demonstration for millions of individual seekers who most likely would never seriously commit to practice.

I explained as far as evidence goes, video gathered with scientists and medical doctors present to do their best to rule out fraud is the gold standard, and all other forms of evidence ultimately boil down to personal testimony.

I stated to another individual that the best option is to record actual teachings on video so they are not altered or changed by people who "know better"

The points of attunements and transmissions being a thing were raised.

I stated people also believed in homeopathy, crystals and magnetic and copper bracelets, but that was all delusion and placebo.  

I explained that all real attainments come from having correct information and diligent practice.  

I explained again how a video prevents misinterpretation and re-transmitting incorrect information.

You took issue and claimed that things cannot be learned via video.

I pointed out that people obtained masters and even PhDs in our most challenging subjects by watching videos of recorded lectures in their online college classes.  

At this point liminal_luke brought a specific practice into the discussion, and the blood was in the water at that point.

At which point I created a new thread to continue the conversation, which was a huge a mistake.

It resulted in a 14 page flamewar, and as a result we were asked to make a FAQ which we did.

That is my best attempt at summarizing things.

I certainly have better things to do with my time, as do the rest of our group. 

Being here to defend ourselves, our teachers, and our practice takes a considerable amount of effort.

If we won the lottery we would purchase this forum from Sean, and we would institute a moratorium on all Mo Pai discussion just like the right wing trump nonsense.

This would end the Mo Pai wars here on this forum at least.

Also here is a quote from me restating the situation as I see it:

The beef I have is in the thread you called me out in, and you’re conveniently ignoring that still as your crimes are all on the first three pages.

You love conflict. And that is why you create it. :)

Just now, Earl Grey said:

The beef I have is in the thread you called me out in, and you’re conveniently ignoring that still as your crimes are all on the first three pages.

You love conflict. And that is why you create it. :)

If we won the lottery we would purchase this forum from Sean and institute a moratorium on Mo Pai discussion.

There would be no more conflict on the topic of Mo Pai.

I have summarized the situation above as best I can, and I have done everything I know to try and make you happy.

I would be glad to apologize if I felt I had done something wrong, but as far as I can see that is not the case.

Just now, MegaMind said:

I would be glad to apologize if I felt I had done something wrong, but as far as I can see that is not the case.

At the very least you should apologize for the thread name calling me out. That was 100% wrong, and just changing it does not address the transgression or acknowledge wrongdoing. 

You can next apologize for what I've said before, but you disregarded in earlier posts here.

We know you won't apologize though. 

If we won the lottery we would purchase this forum from Sean and institute a moratorium on Mo Pai discussion.

There would be no more conflict on the topic of Mo Pai.

I have summarized the situation above as best I can, and I have done everything I know to try and make you happy.

If you want discussion to cease, stop posting here! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

At the very least you should apologize for the thread name calling me out. That was 100% wrong, and just changing it does not address the transgression or acknowledge wrongdoing. 

You can next apologize for what I've said before, but you disregarded in earlier posts here.

We know you won't apologize though. 

I didn't have a PPD but the thread was supposed to be a discussion for us to continue our discussion from the previous thread.

It was not "calling you out".

There is nothing I can see to apologize for.

In the future I will not create new threads to continue discussion outside of the original thread because it seems doing so creates more problems.

3 minutes ago, ralis said:

If you want discussion to cease, stop posting here! 

We took a year long break after Dawei and Kar3n changed their strategy and just banned any members of our group that posted here, this allowed only anti-mo-pai trolls to have a voice.

During this time Mo Pai discussion continued, but only one side was represented.

3 minutes ago, MegaMind said:

I didn't have a PPD but the thread was supposed to be a discussion for us to continue our discussion from the previous thread.

It was not "calling you out".

There is nothing I can see to apologize for.

In the future I will not create new threads to continue discussion outside of the original thread because it seems doing so creates more problems.

If you still can't see why this is wrong, you are totally hopeless. And it shows your trailer trash life is why you have no social skills and sensitivity. 

• Like 2

Just now, MegaMind said:

We took a year long break after Dawei and Kar3n changed their strategy and just banned any members of our group that posted here, this allowed only anti-mo-pai trolls to have a voice.

During this time Mo Pai discussion continued, but only one side was represented.

Now that you have had your (or is it “we” or “us”) say, WMP is given permission to leave this thread. :lol:

• Haha 3

Just now, Earl Grey said:

If you still can't see why this is wrong, you are totally hopeless. And it shows your trailer trash life is why you have no social skills and sensitivity. 

Where exactly are you getting this information from?

1 hour ago, MegaMind said:

Flame fest is an understatement.

You created a thread for the discussion of Mo Pai, but nothing related to it was discussed.

I started out with breathing and sitting.  Where I think basic and comparative study of any cultivation art should begin.  There's a world of depth in both.  How to sit.. how to breath.  Do them correctly, half the battle is won. 

• Like 1

Just now, GSmaster said:

LoL

You dont have teachers

There are no wars, there are a bunch of cultist fanatics and others who are getting entertainment from the level of stupidity and limitdness you show repeatedly in your posts.

Many in our group were students of Jim the top western student, others of Kosta.

Just now, thelerner said:

I started out with breathing and sitting.  Where I think basic and comparative study of any cultivation art should begin.  There's a world of depth in both.  How to sit.. how to breath.  Do them correctly, half the battle is won. 

Mo Pai level one is not just sitting and breathing.

Mo Pai level one is not just sitting and breathing.

never said it was.  

I'm surprised you could even volunteer that much.  Isn't that giving out too much information? 

• Haha 5