Nungali

Oooooch ! Ow !

Well, they sawed off the neck of my femur and drilled out my hip socket with big circular file drill and replaced it wit a metal hip joint. Thing is I am allergic to pain killers, so it is  3 sets of 6 exercises a day 10 times each and walking every hour with (now ) one walking stick     .....       using Panadol  . 

Now this is an interesting meditation on pain subduing and body mechanics !    :wacko:

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 8

Oh Mate... freaking ow!  Can I ever relate to that one...

Much empathy... I had two ankle reconstructions and have a very similar reaction to most pharmaceutical pain killers.

I wish you a very speedy and full recovery.

• Like 3

Wow! Bummer, Nungali!

Sorry to hear you're going though that.

You might give proteolytic enzymes a try. They clear out the damaged tissue, calm inflammation, and reduce pain— generally speed healing.  Certainly worth a try! The brands I know are WobenzymN, Vitalzyme, and Serrapeptase. Don't know what you would find where you are, but some equivalent is surely available. 

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

• Like 2

I use raw ginger for daily small pain and inflammation... but for post surgery... I can't imagine and I don't like remembering.  Just ugh mate... get better fast.

• Like 2

Yikes.  You poor sod.  Hope it heals quickly.

Try this for your joint pains:

wd-40-smart-straw-voc-12oz_straw_up_righ

• Like 5

I just found out why they called it WD 40.

the WD stands for water displacement and the 40 represents how many formulas they tried before getting it right...

hopefully it will just be this one try for our Nung to get his hip right!

• Like 1

Wow! Bummer, Nungali!

Sorry to hear you're going though that.

You might give proteolytic enzymes a try. They clear out the damaged tissue, calm inflammation, and reduce pain— generally speed healing.  Certainly worth a try! The brands I know are WobenzymN, Vitalzyme, and Serrapeptase. Don't know what you would find where you are, but some equivalent is surely available. 

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Ha!  When I posted the above, I totally forgot about this wonderful aspect of DBs !     I will take your advice and check it out and then go to alternative healing center in town  and see what they got in stock 

Cheers ! 

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

I'm glad I can't feel your pain.  Have a great recovery!

EDIT  :  I misread that  !

.....   Mhe ....  I have had worse .    

and yes, the comment it could be worse     .... part of my life's philosophy that keeps me happy and wonderful

I mean , fuck guys ..... I used to work in refugee relocation and help ex torture victims  !    ... thats  heavy 

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 2

Wow !  Thanks .... I thnk that long applicator could be forced into the unhealed hole and tunnel where they pulled the drain tube out of the op site ,  I will stick that in, force it into the joint and spray inside .

Thaks mate ... more Daoist healing advice from a rusted friend   ;) 

• Like 3

Get well soon.

Its happening . I am at friends house with modern cons (it will be some time before I am living feral again in my  cabin up the valley by the river, but here is on the river too, downstream in town . ...... near ' Bat Island '   I can hear hundreds of the  buggers squabbling in the trees in the distance.  the house is the old caretakers house and office for a caravan park that got closed down, all the vans gone, so I am surrounded by park and vegetation,  each day my walking routine goes round the house and will get bigger,  there is a reserve down the street on the river , so I can go fishing soon.   

French Cambodian lady new in our MA club  has been getting some private tuition off me and has  leaped ahead of her learning and body block  (  meaning , she could not get   a lot of stuff,  as she wasnt being taught right ; according to her learning style, ) now she gets a lot more and is ready for next level ... she was happy about that and ; 

" Thank you so much , now I can do !  I will cook for you and bring meals around for you ... you like French Cambodian food   ... but sorry, it will be vegetarian  .... okay ?  "

Me ;       :)   :)   :)   

• Like 2

previous to operation;    , all these people were  ;  "  P.....   ( a   MA club 'owner' {ie. a business} and instructor )    got his hip done  2 months ago ad he is kickin the bag already !  You will be right ! "

Me;   ' Yeah , but P.... is an idiot ! "   (Instinctively , I want nothing to do with the guy )

head of MA club came around yesterday  ;  " P .... went surfing and something went  twang nnnggggg  POP  in his hip and now he cant walk properly . 

Surfing ...    of all things ....   surfing  ? ? ?  !         :blink: 

I have heard of some people doing crazy stuff after hip op ,  why ? someone told me  " Some people go off on their pain meds and do crazy shit as they out of it "   But   I have a pain safety valve    .... ziiing !  ... okay dont do that ... so I  have a great advantage  really  .

anyways, I go to training and weapons class on sat morning , they pick me up and sit me in a  chair ,,, and I can still do my usual ;   " Why did you do that, that way ?  < thinks >   , try ........   etc . "

'Instructor' says  " Yeah , great, we can still use your insight with you just sitting there  observing " 

Me;  " And if they dont do it right, when they come near me ... I can wack em with my stick !  "      :D

Its all good, feeling better each day, getting stronger each day, getting good food,  and, finally real 'non hospital' coffee

anyway, better go  - I have misplaced my recharge lap top lead .  Dang !     

Cheers fellow bums !

• Like 5

Oh  I just found this   ( I wasnt game to peek beforehand ) : 

hip_2356908b-large_trans++pJliwavx4coWFC

but , according to a hip replacement website .......  I can soon expect  :  

getty-538622935-sex-instructions-4774344

Wooo -  HOOOOO !   

( wonder who she is and when she will turn up here ?  )

• Like 1

And yes... Things could be worse.

2qn5gup.jpg

" Terribly sorry Mr Nungers ... it appears the hip joint has rejected  you  "    

• Like 1

Get super well super fast.

Sorry about the pain you have to endure -- and I do think you have the right idea of it also being a useful control mechanism, telling you what to do when and what to save for later. 

However, have to mention this low tech all natural painkiller -- it won't knock you out, but it may take the edge off the pain and also help with healing.  You make strong ginger tea, as strong as you can tolerate, but then on top of that add cayenne pepper, making it as strong as what they would call 20 at a Thai restaurant where they ask you how spicy you want your food on a scale from one to ten, and then add lemon and honey.  Drink it piping hot, slowly and carefully, in little sips.  The concoction has been shown to deplete substance P, whose role it is to transmit pain information to the CNS.  And all of the ingredients are useful in healing injuries and reducing inflammation.  The more painful the tea, the more efficient.  Use your best judgment.  

Another thing that I would be taking is moomiyo (or mumiyo), aka shilajit in India.  The best comes from Altai, Indian stuff is not as potent, but either one is the number one traditional remedy for all bone injuries.  It was discussed here somewhere sometime, see if you can find that thread.  If not, just go to google for a source.  The Altai stuff comes in little black tablets -- you don't want to swallow them whole, crush them into powder and dissolve in a tablespoon of warm liquid, fatty is best (broth or milk).  I have extensive experience with it.  The healing can be quite miraculous -- on three occasions I personally knew people in whom subsequent X-rays after healing broken bones (in one case it was the spine) showed no trace of those bones ever having been broken.

Externally, I would use a good dit da jow. 

Good luck! 

• Like 3