Shad282

what is the point of existence?

Karl, Your use of the term "mystics" is way off to the point of you being an 'fanatic' about it - with fanatic being a more correct term or generalization along such lines. Btw, if you have problems with Mystery and or mystics then why in the hell do you continue insulting the idea of mysticism in a spiritually/mystically biased forum? (after you have stated your pov so many times here)

Karl is here to sharpen his rhetorical sword against the bones of hapless Bums, and to collect character studies for a future book. <shrug> That's what he's told us, anyhow.
  • Like 1

of course you can't prove anything along such lines Karl - and a true mystic does not try to prove anything either, but they do have first hand experience which you deny. 

• Like 3

Karl is here to sharpen his rhetorical sword against the bones of hapless Bums, and to collect character studies for a future book. <shrug> That's what he's told us, anyhow.

Did I ?

of course you can't prove anything along such lines Karl - and a true mystic does not try to prove anything either, but they do have first hand experience which you deny.

Of course I can, your reply is proof. The spirit of man is his mind, it is what he thinks. All proof is related to reality and you have typed your thoughts onto a page for me to read.

A mystic has no proof because he lives in a world of floating abstractions unrelated to reality.

The more you type, the greater the proof of my premise becomes. It's a vast heap of evidence that can't be swept under the carpet.

That's how I remember it, anyhow; words to that effect.

Memories can be fickle in these matters. 'Words to that effect' aren't the exact words-you taught me that :-)

worthy of repeating

• Like 2

worthy of repeating

Let me edit that somewhat 'does not try' means 'cannot'. An experience which cannot be proven in reality is referred to as........:-)

Take your pick....lie, illusion, delusion, hallucination..

bored, cynical retiree, seeks to unburden hurting heart near end of days...

a tragic unfolding, unbearable to witness most of the time.

healing, when offered and encountered is rebutted with self same borderline abusive judgement that first caused symptoms decades ago...

• Like 4

Rumi

There Is A Candle In Your Heart

There is a candle in your heart,
ready to be kindled.
There is a void in your soul,
ready to be filled.
You feel it, don’t you?
You feel the separation
from the Beloved.
Invite Him to fill you up,
embrace the fire.
Remind those who tell you otherwise that 
Love
comes to you of its own accord, 
and the yearning for it 
cannot be learned in any school.

• Like 7

Rumi

There Is A Candle In Your HeartThere is a candle in your heart,ready to be kindled.There is a void in your soul,ready to be filled.You feel it, don’t you?You feel the separationfrom the Beloved.Invite Him to fill you up,embrace the fire.Remind those who tell you otherwise that Lovecomes to you of its own accord, and the yearning for it cannot be learned in any school.

Beautifully said. :)

But rather than just a candle, I would say you want a raging fire. This song carries the heart of my point...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTedaWpPjto

Edited by Jeff
  • Like 1

Agreed that spirituality is not mystic. 

Are you saying that you are a know-it-all? :)

I don't know what I know-it-all is ? I know all that I know, no less, no more.

• Like 1

Logged on to the Facebook thing... one of the first meme's I encountered was this one... (hums Police tune... synchronicity)

“We are all visitors to this time and place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love and then we return home.”

~ Australian Aboriginal Proverb

• Like 3

A raging fire will burn the wax too soon.

Safety precautions from a web search:

Best--

I would disagree... A raging fire will burn away all of the issues, fears and obstructions that obscured in the first place...

Leaving only the Tao.. :)

• Like 1

two thoughts,

no on else's answer should be accepted.  you have to find your own.  

what helps me is this saying- there are two truths you should carry in your pocket. - for me the world was created in the other - i am only dust.  Pull each out at the proper time. 

• Like 3

Oh ..... how curious then that when I trounced him in logical debate and exposed all his silly tactics ( especially that one where he wrongly paraphrases what others say and turns it into his own wrong statement then goes about  pulling it to pieces and showing  the falsity ... of what he actually wrote himself  ... but blames the other for writing it  )  he chose to  never respond to me again  

devil_smiley_005.gif       

..... maybe he put me on ignore ?  

I guess that part doesnt make ' good copy '  ?  

• Like 4

Yes, I'm a fanatic about it. Spirituality isn't mystic. You are ascribing a supernatural nature to something that is entirely natural. It's the same as reverence for the heart as providing wisdom, when it is the mind and the mind only. Put things in their rightful place and see that mysticism is ignorance, or evasion and that the spiritual is an existent identity which doesn't require supernatural illusion and is harmed by that kind of thinking.

Oh yeah .... and I forgot , he also  changes definitions off his own volition , and then argues from his newly defined perspective . 

I a, sure he will remind me of some more as we go on  .   ;)

• Like 2

Let me edit that somewhat 'does not try' means 'cannot'. An experience which cannot be proven in reality is referred to as........:-)

Take your pick....lie, illusion, delusion, hallucination..

Good Lord !  Now he is not just twisting  others words surreptitiously, he is  openly  'editing '  !      :D

... and .....   he's off !  

• Like 1

I would disagree... A raging fire will burn away all of the issues, fears and obstructions that obscured in the first place...

I say we burn Karl to ash      ^_^

devil_smiley_005.gif       

..... maybe he put me on ignore ?  

I guess that part doesnt make ' good copy '  ?  

Yeah, some people are ignoreable.

And water washes them away...

Wash the dust from your soul and heart with wisdom's water - Rumi

• Like 5