Tibetan_Ice

Osho Rajneesh Cult Documentary

Take a powder .... its a forum and part of the discussion is about the worth or not of certain teachings and teachers.

What's bugging you about it ... why are you wasting your time to come here and admonish us . If you got time to waste telling us how we are supposedly 'blabbering' about some dude being 'evil' ( which I, for one, never said ) then there is a pretty good chance you are wasting your own time ... instead of 'cultivating' and coming to a level where you had no need to waste your time telling others they were wasting theirs .... or suggesting such a conversation should not be happening .

What's your agenda in this ... besides from your 'concern' about how we choose to spend our time.

Funny how that works, isn't it?

Those who who tell such crown opening (horror) stories are no where near opening the crown. Does one just immediately work with refined Shen?

Shen is a daoist term.

Have you ever practiced any form of Daoism, Qi gong, mo pai or other recognized Daoist practice?

If so, please state how long, who was your master and what your accomplishments are. Otherwise I will just assume that you are talking through your hat again and mixing in Daoist terminology into Hindu yoga teachings.

Here is an excerpt from Yoganii about the ease with which the crown is open:

http://www.aypsite.org/199.html

Once we are underway in yoga it is not difficult to open the crown. The trick is to open it in such a way so as facilitate a smooth and progressive journey on the path of yoga. If we are premature in opening the crown, before there is adequate purification in the nervous system, we can be in for a lot of difficulty with kundalini excesses, as everything inside us strains to catch up with the huge pull of energy going up through the crown. So, it is very important to understand something about the dynamics of the crown in relation to the purification going on in the rest of our body, and to engage in practices in such a way so as to purify the entire nervous system while opening the crown at the same time. This is not as difficult to do as it sounds, once a good integration of practices is being used. In fact, if you are using advanced yoga practices as laid out in the lessons, you have been doing it for some time already. This is the best way to open the crown - indirectly, without focusing on it until much later in the game.

Edited by Tibetan_Ice
  • Like 1

Enlightenment is a wonderful thing  .... I get to dye my hakama Bengal Red    wiggle.gif

• Like 1

It would be so much more convenient if the good people were all good, and the bad people all bad. Unfortunately, this is rarely the case.

• Like 4

An aspect of this string is what do we learn of our own potential for evil?  (or reflections on our past evil and actual deeds)  One thing I'd say is that we don't always need to go to extremes to learn of such, or to always learn the hardest way!  A physical analogy being that we don't need to get our arm cut off if we can learn from getting a much smaller cut to our hand, very simple and obvious but such extremes happen all the time to people.  An interesting thing in a way is that no body gets away with anything forever.  Btw, karma is exacting to the penny yet grace can not be bought or sold for any price!

Edited by 3bob

here is a 'Daddy issue' for  the1gza:

Something I saw as a kid that reminds me of one of  Rajneesh's central purposes ( according to him).

At relatives ... uncles drinking beer a lot , one; " Jump off the verandah Son... I will catch you ...  come on jump ... you can trust me." 

<holds hands out  ... cousin jumps ... uncle steps back and holds arm away  ... Billy crashes on the ground  and hurts his ankle>

" Let that be a lesson to you ,  never trust anyone ! "  < Drunk Uncles laugh >

Me <thinks > ... Yup , not even your own dad Biily .....  apparently . 

deep-sigh-smiley-emoticon.gif

An aspect of this string is what do we learn of our own potential for evil?  (or reflections on our past evil and actual deeds)  One thing I'd say is that we don't always need to go to extremes to learn of such, or to always learn the hardest way!  A physical analogy being that we don't need to get our arm cut off if we can learn from getting a much smaller cut to our hand, very simple and obvious but such extremes happen all the time to people.  An interesting thing in a way is that no body gets away with anything forever.  Btw, karma is exacting to the penny yet grace can not be bought or sold for any price!

Or observe how others cut ... good or bad,   we can learn from others mistakes. 

However 'hammer time' does have a very good 're-programming' function.   Its just that , in my ideas of 'liberty'  hammer time should be 'self-invoked' . 

I supposed those 'Sanyassins 'asked for it'    ... problem was a lot of them never knew they were being hit ... oh yeah ... there was some bright flashes and a pounding at the back of the head and a certain dizziness ... but ... whhaaa ??? 

Then the 'guru' started telling them he was hitting them ...  then he handed them the hammer and they started hitting themselves over the head ... then he pointed it out to reporters and the media ... see how stupid they are ?

And they laughed and kept doing it .

I yi yi   yi yi ! 

He who is an Ocean can be trusted with water.

Could you be more Pacific?

• Like 3

I better explain.  BSR  (Rajneesh) had a many years of silence vow. Eventually it was announced he was going to break this vow and speak. Well, of course his followers were in such a buzz. What was he going to say? What would be revealed ?  What wondrous enlightenment was had from those years in silence?

A press conference was set up, media, reporters and crowds of devotees were ready.  The film was to be express rushed to the centres around the world. My 'orange friends' were abuzz and where going to watch it when it arrived. They invited me to come along.

I seen some weird shit in my time ... but this took the cake ! 

I tried to find a copy or a reference to it ... after a few times, I gave up, it may be in the net somewhere, but I dont want to watch all that stuff to find it.

Anyway a reporter asked him about his statement that there only 2 people in the world today that are enlightened ; himself and Krishnamurti.  BSR responded ; yes Krishnamurti was supposed to be the world guru ... he came out on stage and said - I am not, you have to be your own guru , I refuse to be your guru to teach you this lesson.  I do the same but I say - I will be your guru ... to teach you this same lesson.

The devotees laughed and clapped. The interviewer asked if that was a joke. BSR said no , I dont even know why they are laughing. They laughed more. BSR said, they laugh when they are not supposed to, when it isnt a joke and they dont laugh at all, when it is a joke.

Devotees laugh more ... devotees, watching the film, including my friends laugh more too.

BSR shrugs at interviewer , then he says  watch this ... he starts clapping and doing a silly little dance movement.

They all start clapping and imitating ... then he goes rigid and makes a sweeping arm movement 'stop' ... they instantly stop and freeze. as do the sanyassin viewing audience and my friends

Then he does it again ... both parts ... and again  ...  wiggle.gif

I am looking around the 'Rajneesh center'  ... is this really happening ?  I look at my convulsing friends ... WTF !

The only  expression like mine I saw was on the face of the interviewer .   BSR shrugs and 'I told you so'. 

Afterwards , my friends  ... gush   gush ... wasnt it fantastic ... etc ...  

smiley-killing-himself.gif

Seems like it might be easy to get caught up by a cult of followers... at first you allow them to hang around, but before you know it they're entrenched and hold you as a god, no longer willing to think for themselves, simply desiring to worship you, and you become trapped, at the center of power, yet powerless.

If Osho had known, would he have....

If Jesus had known, would he have....

Who knows? What point in judging? But here and now we can be thankful for the lessons that can be learned from their experiences. Zhuangzi speaks much on avoiding traps caused by letting the external world attach value to you. And, too, how one might bring great change without being known.

Edited by Daeluin

It would be so much more convenient if the good people were all good, and the bad people all bad. Unfortunately, this is rarely the case.

That's why vicāra is so critical if someone aspires even to step foot upon the path - let alone to walk the razor's edge to completion.

• Like 1

Take a powder .... its a forum and part of the discussion is about the worth or not of certain teachings and teachers.

What's bugging you  about it  ... why are you wasting your time to come here and admonish us . If you got time to waste telling us how we are supposedly 'blabbering' about some dude being 'evil'   ( which I, for one, never said ) then there is a pretty good chance you are wasting your own time ... instead of 'cultivating' and coming to a level where you had no need to waste your time telling others they were wasting theirs .... or  suggesting such a conversation should not be happening .

What's your agenda in this  ... besides  from your 'concern' about how we choose to spend our time. 

You know, you're right. My bad

• Like 1

Sometimes apples go bad.  If you say, "I am whole. I do not discriminate between good and bad.  I am non-dualistic. I am one with the universe.  I am you. You are me."  That is okay.  But you better not eat too many bad apples, or else you will go to the ER.

Just because all things are part of the whole, it does not mean that individual things disappear.  It is important to have healthy nourishment spiritually.   This is not judgment of others, but common sense. It matters who you read and who you learn from.

One may say, "I can separate good ideas from the person."  That is not possible, because you cannot separate a person's chi from the person.  A person's chi permeates everything he does, says, and writes. 

• Like 4

Osho: child rapist and abuser!

http://www.kevinrdshepherd.info/bhagwan_shree_rajneesh.html

I guess the persons who like Osho and defend him would provide their own childs also to be sexually abused and psychologically destroyed by Osho's perverted sicko community if asked with a friendly smile by him to do so, yes?

A mother should always do what's best for her daughter and that's of course always following and never questioning the wise advice of the well-meaning and friendly guru...even if the obvious devine wisdom behind it is beyond their understanding.

I hope the parents were prosecuted.

• Like 2

I don't know much about Osho himself or his movement, I just see his quotes circulating around the internet and I find myself disagreeing with them a lot of the time. I'm not typically someone who argues with reality all that much because, well, I guess I just don't care... but the holes in a lot of what he says are obvious. And I wouldn't go calling myself a guru.

But I guess some people feel the need to lead and others feel the need to follow. What more is there to say.

I'm just not a big fan of raving fanaticism.

• Like 1

One may say, "I can separate good ideas from the person." That is not possible, because you cannot separate a person's chi from the person. A person's chi permeates everything he does, says, and writes.

I beg to differ.

A truth is a truth is a truth - no matter who utters it.

Whatever is true is not a creation of the ego but comes from the source of truth.

If we were to dismiss all the works of literature and art provided by morally questionable individuals, there wouldn't be all that much left. LOL

Edited by Michael Sternbach
  • Like 2

An interesting discussion with a wide range of view points, mostly well-expressed. Rather than simply throw in my inclinations on the question of whether Osho was right or wrong, sinner or saint,... I thought, (for diversity's sake), I'd add what I think is an interesting sidestep which is applicable to every teacher and whatever the paths they happen to promote. It's from a talk given by Wayne Liquorman, an American, Non-Duality teacher :

For those of you who are hearing me for the first time I want to emphasize that nothing I say is the Truth. I make no claims whatsoever that one word comings out of my mouth is the Truth.

Now I am not unique in this. None of the teachers that you've either read or heard are speaking the Truth. Truth can't be spoken. All of these concepts are simply pointers, indicators of a Truth that is right here - that is ever-present - as clear, and as unmasked as it could possibly be.

So, I personally have no trouble with anybody else’s teachings. If one teacher says you exist and another one says you don’t exist, and this one says that you’re God incarnate and this other one says that you’re nothing, I don’t care. They are all understood to be relative teaching tools. There is never a question of the hammer being Truer than the screwdriver. What I find objectionable (in an aesthetic sense) is when someone says, “What I am saying is the Truth and what the other teaching is saying is bullshit.” Such an assertion lacks the essential clarity of understanding that it’s all bullshit, and that a given teacher’s teaching is a matter of enculturation and personal programming that determine how their teaching is expressed.

Ramana Maharishi used the image of a concept, (or religion, or philosophy), as being like a thorn that is used to remove some other thorn that is, let's say, embedded in your foot. So you have a thorn (which is some concept about how things are) and it's embedded in you. The sage comes and uses another concept in the hopes of removing that embedded concept with this second concept. If the embedded concept is removed both concepts become superfluous - they get discarded. The thorn that's being utilised to remove the other thorn has no intrinsic value. After it has done its job you don't wax rhapsodic over what a great thorn it was. Its value was only as a tool. The purpose of all religions and philosophies is exactly the same.

Generally, by the time you've gotten here you've read a lot, you've been to a lot of teachers, you have absorbed a vast number of concepts, and many of them are contradictory. How do you reconcile what this teacher said with what that teacher said ? I mean, you've sat with this teacher; you know that this person is a genuine teacher. There's no question of him scamming you. And yet he's saying something that is utterly and completely different from what this one over here is saying. How do you reconcile these conflicting explanations ?

The way you reconcile them is to understand that none of these teachers' concepts are true. All concepts, religions, and philosophies are simply tools, and their applicability is only in the moment.

Edited by ThisLife
  • Like 2

First the guru spawns a following; if he or she succeeds, then the followers shapes and moulds the guru. Its a symbiotic process, often peppered with praise & blame. Unavoidable, in this human circus we call 'humanity'. Ironical.