Tibetan_Ice

Osho Rajneesh Cult Documentary

It is fine to discern polarity, but picking one side of a polarity means refusing to accept the other side as being a part of the whole.

Use it as a lesson for what not to do or allow, but don't presume to deny that Osho is you and you are Osho.

• Like 2

It is fine to discern polarity, but picking one side of a polarity means refusing to accept the other side as being a part of the whole.

Use it as a lesson for what not to do or allow, but don't presume to deny that Osho is you and you are Osho.

Just to be clear.

I'm certainly not that idiot..

:)

Edited by gatito
  • Like 2

Just to be clear.

I'm certainly not that idiot..

Which idiot are you?  :)

Then you clearly need to work on your discrimination..

hmm, perhaps you need to work on your objectivity. My post contains three words that you seem to have skipped over, or blocked out:

"books I've read"

hmm, perhaps you need to work on your objectivity. My post contains three words that you seem to have skipped over, or blocked out:

"books I've read"

Hmm...

Perhaps not - discrimination involves doing a bit of homework..

True nature can not break true dharma, True nature can not be corrupted nature... thus all the variations out there are more or less caught up in the mental or astral and physical realms, whereas True nature is free of binding per such.

Edited by 3bob

I'm not you either..

Hmmmm

41m4pPorKPL.jpg

... no you are not.

All this talk by the cool cats in this thread reminded me of something Ajahn Brahm wrote:

Then I initiate mettā meditation by imagining a little kitten. I like cats, especially kittens, so my imaginary kitten is to loving-kindness as gas is to a flame. I only need to think of my little kitten and my heart lights up with mettā. I continue to visualize my imaginary friend, picturing it as abandoned, hungry, and very afraid. In its short span of life it has only known rejection, violence, and loneliness. I imagine its bones sticking out from its emaciated body, its fur soiled with grime and some blood, and its body rigid with terror. I consider that if I don’t care for this vulnerable little being then no one will, and it will die such a horrible, lonely, terrified death. I feel that kitten’s pain fully, in all its forms, and my heart opens up releasing a flood of compassion. I will care for that little kitten. I will protect it and feed it. I imagine myself looking deeply into its anxious eyes, trying to melt its apprehension with the mettā flowing through my own eyes. I reach out to it slowly, reassuringly, never losing eye contact. Gently, I pick up that little kitten and bring it to my chest. I remove the kitten’s cold with the warmth from my own body, I take away its fear with the softness of my embrace, and I feel the kitten’s trust grow. I speak to the kitten on my chest: “Little being, never feel alone again. Never feel so afraid. I will always look after you, be your protector and friend. I love you, little kitten. Wherever you go, whatever you do, my heart will always welcome you. I give you my limitless loving-kindness always.” I feel my kitten become warm, relax, and finally purr.

• Like 1

All this talk by the cool cats in this thread reminded me of something Ajahn Brahm wrote:

Then I initiate mettā meditation by imagining a little kitten. I like cats, especially kittens, so my imaginary kitten is to loving-kindness as gas is to a flame. I only need to think of my little kitten and my heart lights up with mettā. I continue to visualize my imaginary friend, picturing it as abandoned, hungry, and very afraid. In its short span of life it has only known rejection, violence, and loneliness. I imagine its bones sticking out from its emaciated body, its fur soiled with grime and some blood, and its body rigid with terror. I consider that if I don’t care for this vulnerable little being then no one will, and it will die such a horrible, lonely, terrified death. I feel that kitten’s pain fully, in all its forms, and my heart opens up releasing a flood of compassion. I will care for that little kitten. I will protect it and feed it. I imagine myself looking deeply into its anxious eyes, trying to melt its apprehension with the mettā flowing through my own eyes. I reach out to it slowly, reassuringly, never losing eye contact. Gently, I pick up that little kitten and bring it to my chest. I remove the kitten’s cold with the warmth from my own body, I take away its fear with the softness of my embrace, and I feel the kitten’s trust grow. I speak to the kitten on my chest: “Little being, never feel alone again. Never feel so afraid. I will always look after you, be your protector and friend. I love you, little kitten. Wherever you go, whatever you do, my heart will always welcome you. I give you my limitless loving-kindness always.” I feel my kitten become warm, relax, and finally purr.

And now...I will for ever think of TI as the Bodhisattva of Compassion

her.jpg

• Like 1

I very much liked Osho's book, When the Shoe Fits.

It helped me to get a grasp on some core spiritual and Daoist ideas that have helped me along the way.

I've also gotten a lot out of several quotes, like the one paraphrased below:

True religion is an individuals internal search for truth, everything else is politics.

I tried to read other books of his but could never really connect. I sort of got tired of his method of delivery and the fact that he was basically expressing his personal view through the language of other systems. And all of it was marred by his human flaws which I was aware of from the beginning of my connection with his teachings.

I think it's fascinating to look at how popular spiritual "masters" (I'll reserve judgement on credibility) express their insight into common core principles in such different ways based on their own background and aptitudes -

Watts, Osho, J Krishnamurti, UG Krishnamurti, Demello, Gurdjieff, Trungpa, etc... 

Each of them has had some degree of contact with truth and each remains quite human and unique. 

• Like 2

Opening the crown is very easy to do, you should have learned that at AYP with the hundreds of warnings to stay away from the crown.. But here you are claiming that Osho never opened the crown.

Those who who tell such crown opening (horror) stories are no where near opening the crown. Does one just immediately work with refined Shen?

• Like 1

Osho ,

I very much liked Osho's book, When the Shoe Fits.
It helped me to get a grasp on some core spiritual and Daoist ideas that have helped me along the way.
I've also gotten a lot out of several quotes, like the one paraphrased below:
True religion is an individuals internal search for truth, everything else is politics.

I tried to read other books of his but could never really connect. I sort of got tired of his method of delivery and the fact that he was basically expressing his personal view through the language of other systems. And all of it was marred by his human flaws which I was aware of from the beginning of my connection with his teachings.

I think it's fascinating to look at how popular spiritual "masters" (I'll reserve judgement on credibility) express their insight into common core principles in such different ways based on their own background and aptitudes -
 Watts, Osho, J Krishnamurti, UG Krishnamurti, Demello, Gurdjieff, Trungpa, etc... 
Each of them has had some degree of contact with truth and each remains quite human and unique. 

Not surprisingly, Rajneesh's criminality also extended to blatant plagiarism..

(e.g. ripping-off Paul Reps' translation of the Vijnana Bhairava tantra)

Edited by gatito

This is the a terribly lame thread. If you are a cultivator, why are you wasting your energy condemning a man that, truthfully, you don't know a goddamn thing about. "I met his followers, and some article with an author I don't know says he's BAAAADD!!!" So the fuck what? I've met thousands of Christians, Muslims Jews, Buddhists, and Hindus, and many of them were at least morally reprehensible of some level. So, by that logic I should assume that these people are accurate reflections of Siddhartha, Moses, Jesus, and Mohammed, right? Come the fuck on people... this is what happens when people are caught up idolizing people, and idolizing goes both in the positive direction (deification) and the negative direction (demonization). If you got time to waste blabbering about some dude being "evil", then there's a pretty high chance your wasting it.

• Like 3

This is the a terribly lame thread. If you are a cultivator, why are you wasting your energy condemning a man that, truthfully, you don't know a goddamn thing about. "I met his followers, and some article with an author I don't know says he's BAAAADD!!!" So the fuck what? I've met thousands of Christians, Muslims Jews, Buddhists, and Hindus, and many of them were at least morally reprehensible of some level. So, by that logic I should assume that these people are accurate reflections of Siddhartha, Moses, Jesus, and Mohammed, right? Come the fuck on people... this is what happens when people are caught up idolizing people, and idolizing goes both in the positive direction (deification) and the negative direction (demonization). If you got time to waste blabbering about some dude being "evil", then there's a pretty high chance your wasting it.

I like Kumare myself.

So will smart people. It's an equal opportunity temptation.

• Like 2

Problem is, this thread is gonna be huge, just like the other number of "Your-God-is-Dumber-Than-My-God" threads going around. I swear, folks got daddy issues.

• Like 2

Problem is, this thread is gonna be huge, just like the other number of "Your-God-is-Dumber-Than-My-God" threads going around. I swear, folks got daddy issues.

Really great to have a trained, experienced and competent psychologist on board..

:rolleyes:

• Like 2

Take a powder .... its a forum and part of the discussion is about the worth or not of certain teachings and teachers.

What's bugging you  about it  ... why are you wasting your time to come here and admonish us . If you got time to waste telling us how we are supposedly 'blabbering' about some dude being 'evil'   ( which I, for one, never said ) then there is a pretty good chance you are wasting your own time ... instead of 'cultivating' and coming to a level where you had no need to waste your time telling others they were wasting theirs .... or  suggesting such a conversation should not be happening .

What's your agenda in this  ... besides  from your 'concern' about how we choose to spend our time. 

• Like 3

So will smart people. It's an equal opportunity temptation.

Looks like its time to drag one of my fav quotes out again 

L.Ron Hubbard's son being interviewed on his expose of Scientology 

Interviewer ;  " ... But that's crazy, how can those people have believed that and done those things ? I mean, some were professionals and highly intelligent; doctors, lawyers, scientists .... ?"

L.Ron Jun. ;  "  Oh yes ! There were intellectually smart , but they were not emotionally  smart . "

• Like 3

Well, if you dont like the smell - leave the kitchen .... no wait !

Just hang around and  catcall ... that's the shot   thumbsup.gif

( Are you  a secret 'Osho Sanyassin' ? )