Sign in to follow this  
DreamBliss

What To Do When Someone Says You Are Going To Die?

I have been talking to someone for a little while. It seems as if she is somewhat sensitive, I guess is the best word for it.

She told me, in her final email to me (long story, not going into it) that if I go to California I should do so by bus. One that has a bike rack on it. Go to Ouija, CA, Bike around there. If I do not do this, if I bike all the way down, I will, "...not live past this year..."

OK, before you tell me to take the predictions of mediums with a grain of salt, and go into the infinite and unknown nature of the future, let's play a game. Just for informative purposes. Let's just say that her prediction is correct. In so far as my current circumstances and responses will lead down this most likely path, and unless something life changing happens, this is the most likely outcome for me. still with me?

This is telling me two things:

1. I am currently vibrating at a frequency that is drawing this event to me.

2. If I think, "OH MY F-ING GOD I AM GOING TO DIE!!!" I will bring it even quicker, because I will be vibrating even more at that frequency.

Here is the problem... For a variety of reasons I don't care about my life. I have no reason to live that is stronger than that. I should be scared. I should be running around like a chicken with my head cut off. But if I were to do any running, how I currently feel, it would be on bike, as quickly as possible, to this outcome.

I have dealt with feelings of loneliness, shame, unworthiness, etc. for the last two decades. I feel I have little value, little to offer. I know, intellectually, differently. But my feelings do not match my thoughts. At least not consciously. Somewhere in the record player of my mind there is a scratched section that keeps repeating. I have hinted and downright mentioned all this before. I won't go into it more now.

As I have said before, I don't believe in destiny, fate, karma, imperfection or sin. I think there are an unknown and unknowable variety of paths that stem from this moment. The idea of some path that is set in stone for me is ludicrous to my mind. I also feel that both death and life are illusions. Death is just a transition. So there is nothing to fear here.

Yet despite how I feel about my life, at this moment I am not exactly in a rush to end it. Also, while I can take a lot of physical discomfort, I don't like it. So slicing my wrists or walking in front of traffic doesn't appeal to me. Same for jumping off of high places or hanging myself. Same for drowning, although that would probably be the least painful.

Ideally I will go out in some really cool way, like during an Ayahuasca trip in the South American jungle somehwere... Here is some really trippy music for you:

No, I kinda want to continue on. Even though I have no justification or reason for it. It is not that I am attached to this physical life or resisting pain. It's just that there are some things I would like to experience and see.

So what is my best course of action here, presuming this prediction is 100% accurate and will happen, barring some life-changing/course changing event? How do I find a reason to live that is stronger than all the things I am feeling that leave me not caring about my life? What would you do if you were in my shoes? Would you face this head on? Change course around it in some way? Run away from it? Please detail why you would take your chosen course of action or inaction.

How can I find what essentially, for me amounts to, a super-strong reason to live? Especially considering I don't have one now, and obviously I have to deal with that, or I will draw the termination of my physical life through me, if not from others than from myself.

Edited by DreamBliss
  • Like 2

My first impulse was that the death will be in the form of having a spiritual break through. By seeing through the illusion of the nature of the self.

I am not a medium or a psychic. I cannot predict the future, just offering a different perspective. 

• Like 2

Hello. Firstly, what's the reason for going to Cali? Is the option of not going an, um, option?

Second, the lady in the email...how do you know her? Yes I would take her with more than a pinch of salt. She sounds crazy and also more about putting suggestions into your head. My girlfriend's mum is a "clairevoyant" In other words, I have watched her time and time again just talk total BS to people for money. The sad thing is, she believes she is psychic too.

Thirdly, what would I do? Scrap the whole venture, knock on my neighbour's door and see if they want any gardening doing.

Edited by Rara

My girlfriend's mum is a "clairevoyant" In other words, I have watched her time and time again just talk total BS to people for money.

Clairevoyant is such a funny word. From what I can gather it means clear seeing. Clear seeing of the baseline non-dual reality?

Thank you for your replies.

This is physical death, not spiritiual death.

As for Rara:

1. I don't have to go to Cali, no. But I have to leave this house, let it go (her words, and I agree), and find my own way. It is time. It has been time for a long time. No more putting it off. I have come to understand that this is the next step I must take in my life. To leave, without a plan or safety net of any sort. I have no better destination in mind. Other maybe than Arizona and the Grand Canyon. If you know of any spiritual places in the states near Washington in the US I am all ears.

2. I do not know her all that well. I can not prove that she is for real. I could try, but whether or not she is right is ultimately irrlevant. Because this is the second time I have been told something like this. Two different, unrelated sources. Because there is a 50/50 chance of her being right or wrong. Because it is more likely she is right than wrong, as I have been thinking about ending my life for a long time, and if the LoA teachings are right, that our frequency or vibration determines what we attract into our lives, then my death would certainly be drawn into mine.

3. I am sick of yardwork. The surest way to make me want to kill myself is by giving me menial labor as something to do in order to stay alive. To quote myself, "Life is meant to be lived, not merely tolerated. Life is meant to be enjoyed, not just endured."

• Like 1

We all are going to die.  That's a given.  When it will happen is determined by the processes of Tao.

Living while we have a life is what is important.

• Like 3

Well.. if you believe in this stuff.  Do you think its 100% accurate?  Logically, have the psychic make say 10 or 20 predictions that are extremely unlikely, as is your death if you don't go to California, and see for yourself how accurate they are.   Again, they have to be short term, highly unlikely, say under 1 or 2% chance of happening, which means they have specific, not saying somebody, somewhere, some time, wearing a red shirt will fall into the water.  Old predictions don't count and get the new ones in writing.

I predict you'll find the psychic wrong in most of the predictions.  But its best to find out for yourself if you're on the fence.  Personally when I was the receiver of 'Chain Mail', letters that'd say send this letter to 20 friends and something great will happen to you, if not you'll suffer grave consequences.  I'd throw them out and call or email the person to say 'don't send me anymore crap'.    We don't have to buy in to other peoples superstitions. 

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

So if we are to assume that this is going to happen unless something is done - then let's assume this.

I have been in this situation before - including the repeating thoughts of suicide. I am also very clearly clairvoyant among other things and have seen futures clearly for around 30 years.

Once when driving home from about 3.5 hours of meditation and other endeavors I was driving through a stretch with swamp on both sides where it is a favorite place for me to drive 100+ mph. As I was over 100 mph a very clear vision came to me with the right front tire blowing out and the car flipping over several times and landing upside down.

I was not in any hurry and not in any frenzy that would override such a vision so I decided to slow down to a reasonable 50ish mph.

It was late at around 11:30 pm and somewhat foggy and I decided to wake up a bit and so at the end of the stretch I turned into a sort of 7/11 type place that had really trashy energy (I figured the trashy energy would wake me up by the sheer radical reality that it's frequency had - and I was correct). I went in and bought some water - the energy of the place was perfectly sleezy and it was a sort of excellent smelling salts.

I walked out of the place got into the car started it up and just as I reached the curb my right front tire blew out. I pulled over and got out and across the street four teenagers who were on the other side of the street started to cross and come towards me - this was not a good section of town. One of them saw a bible in my front seat and mentioned something and within moments they were changing my tire for me (I was about 35 at the time so not exactly elderly looking).

I bring this story up because seeing futures and altering them ever so slightly Is simple. In this case the tire needed to either blow out or be fixed. I over-road the idea that my tire was in need of fixing just then because my tire did not appear to be in bad shape - as it turned out, the alignment was off and the inside of that tire had worn all the way down to the belts - but the general area appeared in decent shape. I just thought that the tire was not up to 100mph speeds.

Just about 5 years ago I disregarded a future that came to me:

I was standing in a whole foods type store looking for an instant all natural soup mix that might be good for my then 93 year old mother when a very clear vision of my son kicking me in the balls came to my mind - it was so odd and so completely out of context that I just blew it off and did not diffuse it in any way. Soon I then turned to my right, walked two steps to the edge of the isle, my son came around the corner at just exactly the time I reached the corner and kicked me smack dab in the balls - dropped me to my knees as he started crying and my wife lifted him up into her arms. (I was both happy and in pain - it is always nice to "see" like this but not so nice to be kicked in the balls by a 3 year old and be so effectively laid out)

In this second case you might ask "did my balls need to be kicked" - the answer is "no" - all I needed to do was listen to myself showing me the future if I did not alter it. Some setups are more involved - such as seeing someone that is dying of a set of physical complications that have accumulated to a brink over many years (disease) and you can see they are leaving and healing is not what they need - but rather deeper spiritual communication. This was the case with a good friend who passed only a few months ago.

The last time I spoke with him he was all caught up in the mechanics of staying alive. I told him upon our last meeting after listening to him talk about his care for about 15 minutes that I was not interested in hearing how the mechanics were doing under the hood - that I was certain that that was beyond my domain and that the reason I was there was to be with him and not talking car mechanics.

We spent the next 6.25 hours talking about him and his life and abilities and matters of spirit - it changed everything for him and he died within two days quite "unexpectedly". We have only just recently settled his affairs.

So - regarding your situation and keeping in mind that we are assuming the set of assumptions that you have required we assume - you have no need to panic.

Having many years of regularly contemplating suicide does not lead to an impending impelling towards death - that is an ego trap that occupies your time while trying to find yourself, a spiritual angst - nothing else. So drop that fear - you can drop tons of fear and never need to fear running out of fear.

Look as dissolving the energy on the trip you "must take" - take another trip - wait a month - alter the sequence and "disagree" with the outcome. Not by "willing" - this is ineffective behavior like playing the Chinese finger prison. Image someone saying your hand must go to the left and you look down and move your hand to the right - it can be as simple as that.

Take the energy you have built up over this and cool it down.

I don't know what practice(s) you have but breath during your thoughts on this and with the assumptions that we have agreed to work with - set a different path forward - image the previous path to have been detoured by like driving past an accident that you avoided (and not one you have set aside for another day - but one that you have been aided in knowing about and driving around).

Wouldn't it be odd if you did nothing, died and were talking to some of the beings on the other side about your death and heard you complain that you wish someone had helped and they said "someone told you about the accident and all you needed to do was drive a few lanes over and nothing would have happened - but instead you went nuts and became unglued and freaked out while all you needed to do was say thank you and move over a couple of lanes".

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 4

The single most powerful reinforcement toward our framing of a particular idea or behavior is " intermittent positive reinforcement".

It may occur to many that "psychics" have fallen prey to this. That if you predict enough - you may get enough hit to make you think you are indeed psychic and not "just like the rest of us - able to guess now and then and hit the nail on the head just by sheer numbers and good insight into things of the world".

It does not occur to the Atheiest that this very same "intermittent positive reinforcement" helps them to overlook the many cases that should lead them to see the blindness of their belief by showing them "good clear signs of a nutcase going off believing in things that only a baffoon could have possibly fallen for".

The reality for those of us who do see things and are quite clear headed (though we may not be clear about our clarity) we make the unguided trip into this unfolding ability often either with other "space cadets" or with some more guiding hands.

For some of us these abilities rise as a side effect from our spiritual work and for others it was with them from birth - ( this is more the case for all groups but appears to "be more the case for those for whom it is less veiled ).

The process of learning and "mastering" seeing is a long one - far longer than the very best would generally know. And when it comes down to it the very best will speak privately with others in "their league" with great clarity about how little they understand - though some cannot speak about it in that way.

Some need trance - this is generally needed for most and for many it is the Only way.

Walking waking out of trance seeing is very different and less cloudy but more mercurial and fleeting in many ways unless you have progressed a great deal.

Most readers are trance based and do not clear themselves well prior to reading so they are looking through their lens which is effected specifically by looking at you while looking at you. When you look at someone it is necessary for a good clear picture to settle yourself regarding reactions in your space in relation to looking at the person you are focusing upon. It is also necessary to be in neutral otherwise you become an advice giver and not a reader - you inadvertently speak from your space and not from what you are seeing.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 2

The single most powerful reinforcement toward our framing of a particular idea or behavior is " intermittent positive reinforcement".

It may occur to many that "psychics" have fallen prey to this. 

This was pretty much my response to this as well.  I think a small amount of psychic ability is quite common.  I think it is very rare for a person to have reached such a space of inner stillness that they can easily distinguish prophesy from inane mental chatter.

if your friend is a tranquil, wise, balanced counsellor of obvious spiritual attainment then bear what she says in mind.

If she is just a regular person who has, out of immense vanity, has attached to her infrequent successes and so considers herself a medium then bear this in mind as well.

We learn to subjugate what we see in our horses saddle with what our analyzer synthesizes for us.

Instead of being in the saddle with our great vehicle we whip our horse and subjugate it to the idiot that holds the reins and which calls itself by our name.

Our horse has abilities to help us on the road and foresee a great many things - but the fog has convinced us that it is the best vantage point from which to plan and prospect. Rather than listen to such a gross and animalistic nature - we must tune into the better channels - and we are forever on a quest to find the "right" channel to tune into.

The gross and animalistic nature associated with the body is the least of its value.

Edited by Spotless

Many of these "foolish" psychics are riding their horses and they look to many of us on the outside in our cars like fools riding donkeys.

Well - they are in a way:

Our world is upside down and we foreswear our greatest avenues for self development and live outside of ourselves.

These fools making their way on donkeys are those precious "children" making their way in spite of the going trends and with what little support is out their. - finding footing where their is no footing and reporting back to "us" what is working and what is not and eking a way here and there - for the rest of us - and because they cannot do otherwise.

It can be a tawny unclear strange beautiful simplistic elaborate path but it is not something to look down upon.

Some day the donkey may become a great steed - or a brittliant light.

Edited by Spotless

A couple of considerations:

Could the lady be more specific about how you are supposedly going to die?

You may want to make sure that you are physically fit for such a bike trip.

Yes, thoughts sustained long enough have a tendency to manifest themselves. However, altering your mind set - which luckily you did - will change your future prospects immediately. Also, don't neglect the possibility that there may be a part of yours that you are unaware of and that still hasn't abandoned the suicide option for good.

This story somehow reminds me of a friend I used to play chess with via Twitter and Skype, a Bahamian called Quincy who lived in Florida . He was suffering from depression and some paranoia; he talked about suicide to me repeatedly. During our conversations, I tried to convince him of his value as a unique individual, and all that.

One day, while riding on a bike, Quincy was hit by a truck and consequently required an emergency operation. He continued his life with a metal plate in his shoulder that he never cared about to have removed after the fracture had been healed. He just didn't seem interested in his earthly existence any more. He closed himself off completely to his family and friends; he didn't respond to any emails, calls or visits.

Several months later, Quincy was found dead on the floor in his home. The autopsy indicated that he had died of a heart attack.

The story illustrates that one needs to be careful about what one wishes for - even when one isn't actively taking steps.

What I would do? I would consult my own oracles... The Tarot and/or the I Ching. Happy to do a reading for you if you want to hear "a second opinion".

Edited by Michael Sternbach
  • Like 1

Even the best psychics can be wrong, sometimes.

Your soul will determine what you need to know for your desired experience here...and sometimes that may even include some head fakes.  Even a good psychic will only get the "memo" that your soul puts out...

Karma is a fluid thing. Someone can sense where your life leads to (or where do you lead your life to, which is more acurate). But this sensing is in the moment. The next day you could do sth that has changed your karma direction, or purified some things, so you no longer long for the experience of death. Then this person, looking at your behaviour can say that there are different things leading your life now.

To some degree everyone are craving deeath, and are afraid of it the same time. One of 3 reasons of suffer (according to buddha) is the desire to destroy yourself. This is a strong drive, leading to different addictions etc. Some people also organise their lives to find the death more effective. Haha

Just see throught it. Sometimes simple chanting and bowing practice can change these karmic seeds

Besides, the fear of death sooner or later need to be uncovered and experienced. It cant harm you, it is just some sensation or feeling driving your body to act particular way.

You karma can actually only look for experiences to face that fear and this way to purify of it. It can be a good sighn, not leading to death at all but just to experiences that fire these fears of your mind to be purified of them.

Think of it - for a child loosing parents equals death. Under it it lies a strong fear. Parents and society can manipulate your behaviour with evoking this fear by different threats. You cry in the market, the mother can say sth- stop or I will leave you here. After some times you become trained well, hehe. Then you can do it to yourself just by imagining different threaths. Is it real at all?

No. But this fear lies there as a series of strong emotions and body tensions + breathing patterns. It just need to be experienced sooner or later, nothing bad will happend.

Edited by Kubba
  • Like 1

I have been talking to someone for a little while. It seems as if she is somewhat sensitive, I guess is the best word for it.

She told me, in her final email to me (long story, not going into it) that if I go to California I should do so by bus. One that has a bike rack on it. Go to Ouija, CA, Bike around there. If I do not do this, if I bike all the way down, I will, "...not live past this year..."

Great advice !   Hop a bus, take the bike.  Head somewhere  that is suitable for biking, with lots of different places and people not too spread out. I wouldnt advise going to a 'big popular' place or anywhere where people are drawn that are 'going to California'.

We have a destination like that here; people go there as its supposedly THE place .... its packed with people seeking ..... 'something' and there are markets waiting to rip them off ... hundreds offering 'therapies' ... some, I am sure, they made up themselves ... and it is sorta like a mass meat market full of tripped out shallow people seeking pop enlightenment - urk  :wacko:

AND ... expensive !

I went to the outskirts ...  quiet a way out,  much nicer people out there. met some, they invited me back to their place which was a series of cabins and shacks built on the different levels and roads of an old banana farm - vegie gardens, communal kitchen and meals ... then I found out some of them also rented, probably the last old house, on the coast, between the apartments and shops, so we could also stay there at the beach and have a place in the hills.  Then I started to meet their friends ... and so on.

and it all started with me pulled up on the side of the road, leaning against my motorcycle having a smoke and  looking at the fork in the road ahead .....   " Now ... should I go left or right ?" 

yeah ... you could just kill yourself instead I suppose .... but what a bummer if you did just before  you were about to have your 'life changing experience' . 

32.jpg

• Like 1

Has anyone else noticed there's no such town or city called Ouija in CA ?

typo?

<from Op "Go to Ouija, CA, Bike around there..">

Edited by thelerner

My bad, I think this is it:

http://www.ci.ojai.ca.us/

Nungali

Thank you! One again you gave me a good laugh and perspective. You keep that up and I may end up sending you a friend request...

Spotless

Thank you for your very comprehensive repsonses. There is a lot there and I will spend some time being with it for a while.

Michael

I could take you up on your offer, but then wouldn't that be a fear response? Which means I would be at a fear frequency? On the other hand, I wouldn't mind a second opinion... I will get back to you on this.

Everyone

She said she can't give me any more detail. It was her last emal to me. As I read all of your responses two things occured to me. One is that I feel or suspect she was being manipulative in some way. I feel or suspect she was trying to drive me away, and justify her doing so. Like her email was her way of working out why she wanted to cancel our meeting and no longer communicate with me.

I was going to post her last email, but it doesn't feel right. I do not know her perception of her sensitive abilities. I believe she has only used the word sensitive to energeies or something like that. It seems like she can also communicate with plants, which I actually find interesting and want to learn how to do myself.

The other thing is that I remembered I actually had a premonition once! I can't remember the details right now, but something about driving down the road, going round a corner, and if I did not slow down I would hit a car sitting there in the road. It is a two-lane road, they would be in my lane with no room to move around because there was a car pulling onto the road off the other lane. Anyhow I reached that stretch of road, and just to be safe, not oit of fear as I recall, I slowed down as I went around the corner. Guess what? There was a car sitting there, that I would have rear-ended most likely, not having time to stop, and a car pulling out of the other lane!

I don't know why this thread made me think of that, but I mention it just in case it is important. I do not consider myself to be a psychic or medium or anything. But I also don't have any beliefs against having such abilities. So I guess I am open enough if my Higher Self wants to tap me on the shoulder occasionally.... I have not recieved any such tapping about California, but I will consult what I call the Voice Inisde. see what it says about this.

Thank you, everyone, for your replies. I feel a lot better about this. Had to shake off  how I felt after her email. Crawl my way back to a higher flying disc...

Edited by DreamBliss
  • Like 5

Girls are always playing games with dudes but this is some next level real life trolling. I hope she takes her meds.

• Like 3

It is difficult to tell whether she is a competent clairvoyant or not - but that she did not wish to continue can certainly be a very good sign that she IS competent.

It is the Gypsy type that feeds you only enough to string you along and to whom stopping you is not a thought that would ever occur to them - they are there for the money and for a pocket that keeps giving until it is dry.

A good psychic will give a good reading and if you have further specific questions may be very correct in backing you off and possibly telling you to ask yourself. Once a reading has been done such as one on a possible future - your energy and the future can be all over the place. Also - a good psychic does not want to become your father or mother.

What is the value in second guessing yourself at this point - at the outset of this post you were "happy" with the quality of reading.

Now it is all suspect because her response to your last inquiry was not to your liking. It may have been a good response but poorly written or a well written bad response because she does not know how to handle backing someone off. Or it may be many other things - my point being - no need to write her off or anything off.

What has been your experience in this? how did you first feel, how did you feel while you were hearing these responses and you had some time to mull things over and how do you feel NOW - not in regard to before - not in judgement - but right now?

Possibly less in fear, less lopsided, the whole experience has probably gone from reaction and contraction to integration and relaxation - you are not in the same relationship to the original post from her and your health is fine and the world is not ending.

We do not need a proclamation regarding her abilities - I do not believe you or any of us have nearly enough information to pass judgement - and what does premature judgement accomplish - or for that matter any judgement?

For one thing, judgement fosters the pattern of judgement. It also locks things into the past and glazes over your lens with a past time patina. You got a reading and it was a bit unsettling at first but now you are opening up to a whole new horizon of thinking - that is all you need to be with in this regard.

Edited by Spotless

Let's assume for a moment that an enlightened being was asked by a young girl if she could give him/her a psychic reading and the enlightened being said yes.

Being in the Now the master gave no judgement but simply sat down and enjoyed the reading, occasionally looking clearly into the girl doing her reading and seeing her struggling to be neutral and do a good job and struggling to see the pictures clearly and see something that might be of value to the being before her. Among many things that she says, she says the master will die tomorrow if he rides his bicycle in a certain area.

The master rises and gives her a few comments and is then met my his/her driver who asked how the reading went - and he says "she tried very hard to do a good job and fought hard to clear through the fog - she doesn't yet know well much of what she is doing but the universe spoke through her very clearly on one thing - it showed me that I need make a detour tomorrow when I ride my bike".

We all hear of masters for whom things "just come to them" - this happens often to us all - particularly when we do not try to engineer everything and find it necessary to be critical of everything.

I'm not saying "tone it down" - I am saying it is actually much of what is blinding most of us - it is preventing awakening. This self important baffoon that must pass judgement is already in the past when passing judgement. The act of judging is an act of freezing things in a clutch - it is at once labeling. It is an agrandised action reaction and it bears no fruit in such a case as we are discussing.

(Obviously it may actually be our job to judge if we are a Judge and sometimes we need to make split second decisions/ judgements and unfortunately this must be said because someone will surely otherwise take exception to what is trying to be conveyed blah blah blah)

Most judgement and critical assessment is mechanical reactionary buzz that supports our sleep and trance. It prevents an awareness of the now and paints our futures into a past time view of things because it labels things and then distorts our sight of things for a very long time - often until death.

Edited by Spotless

Sign in to follow this