Sign in to follow this  
DreamBliss

What To Do When Someone Says You Are Going To Die?

Dreambliss' blog is amazing, I read it a lot. Latest story about the birds fleeing the nest is simple but moving.

• Like 3

Dreambliss' blog is amazing, I read it a lot. Latest story about the birds fleeing the nest is simple but moving.

Oooh...I await a link... :)

Also on the bottom of DB's posts.

Ah! I'm always on the mobile site so never see the signatures! Thanks :)

Feel free to comment, if you feel so compelled, on anything I say at my blog. Or here for that matter.

Thank you Nikolai1.

I am quoting myself, from my "dark" blog:

"A bomb went off,
In the middle of my just found dreams,
Blowing them all to smithereens."

I consulted the voice inside, learned that I am not to go to this retreat at this time. So back to having no real purpose. But thanks to Nungali, I have more to add to my Book of dreams, and from this consultation  I also know where to go, the route to take and when to leave.

It either doesn't hurt as much as I thought it would, to have something I truly desired ripped away from me. Either that or this is like when you cut yourself really bad. It takes a while for the throbbing pain to begin.

I just need to be patient and have faith. That's what it comes down to.

Now excuse me while I sit over here and bleed for a while...

Edited by DreamBliss

Just what I said. I had a strong desire to go to this retreat. But I figured out I would have to leave in early July to get there, by bicycle, by the 22nd. It didn't feel right, felt too early. Not sure how to explain that. So I did what I referred to as consulting the Voice Inside. I have detailed this process elsewhere. Basically, after reading Voice for Love I learned I could tune into my heart area, have questions written down, and receive answers. I guess some would call this channeling. I never thought of myself as an automatic writer, channeler or medium. But it's like I see words in my head, I just tune into this and type those words, and as I do so other words join them.

It is beyond the scope of this thread to discuss this. I suppose for anyone interested you can request I start another thread about it and I can do that. Or you can start a thread and I will share my experiences. The point is I wanted to make sure I should go, what route I should take, when I should leave, etc. I would have to start packing things away and getting ready this month. Working very hard to leave the hows alone. But at the same time wanting to take action, in the natural flow of my life, towards this. I was told that it was not for me to go at this time. That I am to travel to Carmel By The Sea and work my way down the coastline from there. Leaving in late August or early September. Which is when I thought I would be leaving originally, so that verified it. Destination. Route. Time. AKA Clear Guidance, which I have been wanting all along.

I am just tired of not being able to do the few things I care enough about doing. I have harbored a hidden desire to sing for a very long time. I would like to open to my fullest in that and drawing, among other things. I would also love to travel, but have never been able to do so. Never had the money to do so. All I can do is hop on a bike ad pedal as far as it can take me.

So I am disappointed more then anything else. Kinda down about this. I asked for help and invested my energy into this, but it is a dead end. I am sick and tired of dead ends!

Hopefully I have clarified things. I will bounce back, eventually. Just want to lick my wounds, so to speak, for now.

Still requesting any help in any form anyone wishes to send to me. In this case directed towards my traveling.

Still requesting any help in any form anyone wishes to send to me. In this case directed towards my traveling.

I wish for you to find yourself.

• Like 1

My guess is that your ideas about how to leave aren't very realistic.  The Dao does not support abstract fantasies generated by our own minds.  But the Dao will keep prodding you to work a way out.  It really seems like you aren't going to let yourself settle at home for another decade.  Something has to give.

You still seem very opposed to finding work and finding a flat of your own? Is this true?

You are drawn to spiritual communities because there will be a structure there, and duties to perform, but you'll be surrounded by more like-minded people rather than alone.  I think this is all fair enough.

But do you understand how one approaches a community and joins it?  Do you need to arrive with money to contribute?  Do you need to have some kind of demonstrable skills, or can anyone just muck in? 

For some communities (like Findhorn), I'm guessing, you have to go through all the motions of taster weeks, voluntary retreats etc - all of which cost serious money. You have to show your commitment to the ethos before you'll be accepted as a more permanent community member.

In the UK we have websites like this: http://www.diggersanddreamers.org.uk/  have you looked at the US equivalent?

I'm sure there are people here who could answer these questions.

You have to be aware of the uselessness of your self-importance and of your personal history.

How can anyone feel so important when we know that death is stalking us? The thing to do when you're impatient is to turn to your left and ask advice from your death. An immense amount of pettiness is dropped if your death makes a gesture to you, or if you catch a glimpse of it, or if you just have the feeling that your companion is there watching you.

The issue of our death is never pressed far enough. Death is the only wise adviser that we have. Whenever you feel, as you always do, that everything is going wrong and you're about to be annihilated, turn to your death and ask if that is so. Your death will tell you that you're wrong; that nothing really matters outside its touch. Your death will tell you, "I haven't touched you yet."

Think of your death now. It is at arm's length. It may tap you any moment, so really you have no time for crappy thoughts and moods. None of us have time for that. The only thing that counts is action, acting instead of talking.

- castaneda

One of the best means for arousing the wish to work on yourself is to realize that you may die at any moment. But first you must learn how to keep it in mind.

- gurdjieff

Now when a man is truly wise, His constant task will surely be this recollection about death, Blessed with such mighty potency.

- buddhaghosa

"Here shall I dwell in the season of rains, and here in winter and summer"; thus thinks the fool, but he does not think of death.

For death carries away the man whose mind is self-satisfied with his children and his flocks, even as a torrent carries away a sleeping village.

Neither father, sons nor one's relations can stop the King of Death. When he comes with all his power, a man's relations cannot save him.

A man who is virtuous and wise understands the meaning of this, and swiftly strives with all his might to clear a path to Nirvana.

- dhammapada

• Like 1

I am quoting myself, from my "dark" blog:

"A bomb went off,

In the middle of my just found dreams,

Blowing them all to smithereens."

I consulted the voice inside, learned that I am not to go to this retreat at this time. So back to having no real purpose. But thanks to Nungali, I have more to add to my Book of dreams, and from this consultation  I also know where to go, the route to take and when to leave.

It either doesn't hurt as much as I thought it would, to have something I truly desired ripped away from me. Either that or this is like when you cut yourself really bad. It takes a while for the throbbing pain to begin.

I just need to be patient and have faith. That's what it comes down to.

Now excuse me while I sit over here and bleed for a while...

I told you it would not be as painful afterwards .

Are you ready for the next bit yet ?

lemminkainenmother.jpg

Edited by Nungali

Sign in to follow this