Sign in to follow this  
DreamBliss

What To Do When Someone Says You Are Going To Die?

I am so getting tired of people essentially telling me to get my head examined... I do not need some "professional" telling me what "reality" is, they only know one definition, the same accepted by modern society. And I wouldn't trust one enough to share my feelings with them. They would, for the most part, be solidly set in their egos and what they have been trained, and teach others, is the "real world." They are mot spiritual, and woudl look at spirituality the same way they look at the universe of Harry Potter. No, such people are not for me. They are too wrapped up in the illusion of life and this world to be able to help me with what they would see as the fantasy of my own version of reality. Yes, I know I am being critical and judgmental here. And yes, I have never met or talked to one of these people, so I admit I don't have a leg to stand on. But I simply have no interest in pretty much any professional help.

On thing I should clear up... I did not ask for a reading from this person. She just said these things, volunteered them, in her last email. Along with a lot of other hurful stuff. I have resisted replying because who needs to reply? My ego. What purpose would it serve? None. I have no interest in "friends" like this person. Among other things a friend should be loving and supportive. I just don't see either of these attributes in anything she said to me. Here is a partial quote, for a clearer picture:

"Just couple of more things your spirit asked me to convey to you, otherwise I would not consider talking about it.

If you're going to to California, use the long-distance bus, "greyhound" type that can accommodate your bike on a special rack. If you go by bike all the way, you would not live past this year. I can't go into more details.

Go straight to Ojai California, it's 100 miles north of Los Angeles or so. It's a beautiful secluded and spiritually oriented community in a valley high in a mountains. You might like it there. Just prepare to make your living by yourself, without codependent relationships. Otherwise you will find hardship.

And one last thing from you spirit. You won't have children in this life, it's not your purpose, so you might just focus your attention on other things, spirituality is high on the list among them. Your spirit wants you to learn how to "give", expressing its unique creative character, that's the ultimate goal."

I think I am OK with sharing this much of what she said, at the end of her email. Hopefully it grants a clearer picture.
Edited by DreamBliss
  • Like 1

The idea is not necessarily to get your head examined. But you did mention that you saw no great desire for living. This is not normal or fun and i hope you will find a solution. Not an expert here, but sometimes when people lose the urge to life it is because they don't know where they are going with either their career or with love. A psychologist can help you find out what's wrong and how to progress.

• Like 1

The idea is not necessarily to get your head examined. But you did mention that you saw no great desire for living. This is not normal or fun and i hope you will find a solution. Not an expert here, but sometimes when people lose the urge to life it is because they don't know where they are going with either their career or with love. A psychologist can help you find out what's wrong and how to progress.

Yes, that's a much nicer way of saying that.  You done good.

Hey Dreambliss - if you think that this person was saying things that were mean and spiteful then this is further reason to discredit her in my view. If she was telling you the truth and you didn't like hearing it then that is another matter, of course.

But all this aside, it seems like the death prediction was based on you cycling from WA to Some kind of high mountain settlement in CA. Were you really planning on doing this anyway?

Ojai by the way is where J. Krishnamurti called spiritual home. A wonderful place to live or visit I'm sure, and a thinker well worth studying if you haven't already.

• Like 2

Regarding the idea of you seeing a psychologist, you reflected my thoughts exactly. With the reservation that sometimes, a sensitive, spiritually oriented one can in fact be of great assistance, but unfortunately, they are few and far between. To find one, you may have to go to California in the first place.

• Like 1

Dreambliss is right, the average psychologist is working from a completely different worldview.  The moment we waken up to the reality of spirit, our whole world reverses.

What is understood as being unhealthy and pathological from the worldly perspectice, can be viewed as beneficial to the spiritual mind.  And vice versa: what the world views as normal and healthy and well-adjusted is what the spiritual person is so desperate to chnage in themselves and leave behind.

Dreambliss, beware of anyone who doesn't see your health and wealth. Beware of anyone who doesn't see and understand and endorse exactly why you have lived your life the way you have.

I wrote about this more here:

http://thedaobums.com/topic/33644-through-depression-we-regain-our-spiritual-bearings/

• Like 1

Thank you for your replies.

This is physical death, not spiritiual death.

As for Rara:

1. I don't have to go to Cali, no. But I have to leave this house, let it go (her words, and I agree), and find my own way. It is time. It has been time for a long time. No more putting it off. I have come to understand that this is the next step I must take in my life. To leave, without a plan or safety net of any sort. I have no better destination in mind. Other maybe than Arizona and the Grand Canyon. If you know of any spiritual places in the states near Washington in the US I am all ears.

2. I do not know her all that well. I can not prove that she is for real. I could try, but whether or not she is right is ultimately irrlevant. Because this is the second time I have been told something like this. Two different, unrelated sources. Because there is a 50/50 chance of her being right or wrong. Because it is more likely she is right than wrong, as I have been thinking about ending my life for a long time, and if the LoA teachings are right, that our frequency or vibration determines what we attract into our lives, then my death would certainly be drawn into mine.

3. I am sick of yardwork. The surest way to make me want to kill myself is by giving me menial labor as something to do in order to stay alive. To quote myself, "Life is meant to be lived, not merely tolerated. Life is meant to be enjoyed, not just endured."

Hey Dreambliss, I shall answer according to the points you made:

1. Ah, the great escape! Yes, I agree. If your environment is eating you up and you feel restricted/unable to find breathing space to find your path, then something like this will help you gain a better perspective. The "without safety net" is also very good for self-development. Ensure there are some safety parameters put in place. Don't go eating some crazy wild poisonous plants for example, based on not knowing what they are.

I and no doubt many others here have done similar things in our lives...taken off, no direction. As for destinations, I wouldn't know for the US.

2. I would bet you could also name many that also say you shouldn't do this. But you will listen more to those that say this IS the right thing for you because, really, it's what you want to do. If you're going to go, do it without anyone elses influence. This woman is nothing in the grand scheme of things. Just pick yourself up and go if you feel it's what needs to be done.

3. It was more a metaphor for going to do something for somebody else rather than yourself. Not for money, just a random act of kindness. Not necessary labour, just something you feel could benefit mankind or somebody in your community.

Helping others and taking yourself our of your own head is another great way to grow spiritually.

Edited by Rara
  • Like 1

Spotless said:

I bring this story up because seeing futures and altering them ever so slightly Is simple.

This is such a fascinating statement when you think about it.  We so often imagine that clairvoyance is about passively seeing some future truth.  And the more we imagine ourselves passive to some external flow of events the more we will consider ourselves powerless to change.

But reality is never certain.  We are either convinced by our clairvoyance or we aren't. And if we aren't convinced then that gives us the space to modify it as it suits us.

All this is firmly in keeping with the Seth Teachings.  We are surrounded by an infinite matrix of possibility, all of which is occurring simultaneously and simply requires conscious manipulation in order to make manifest.

To believe in actual truths is to lose the power to manipulate.  To believe in potentlal truth is the power to shape reality.

• Like 1

I am so getting tired of people essentially telling me to get my head examined... I do not need some "professional" telling me what "reality" is, they only know one definition, the same accepted by modern society. And I wouldn't trust one enough to share my feelings with them. They would, for the most part, be solidly set in their egos and what they have been trained, and teach others, is the "real world." They are mot spiritual, and woudl look at spirituality the same way they look at the universe of Harry Potter. No, such people are not for me. They are too wrapped up in the illusion of life and this world to be able to help me with what they would see as the fantasy of my own version of reality. Yes, I know I am being critical and judgmental here. And yes, I have never met or talked to one of these people, so I admit I don't have a leg to stand on. But I simply have no interest in pretty much any professional help.

On thing I should clear up... I did not ask for a reading from this person. She just said these things, volunteered them, in her last email. Along with a lot of other hurful stuff. I have resisted replying because who needs to reply? My ego. What purpose would it serve? None. I have no interest in "friends" like this person. Among other things a friend should be loving and supportive. I just don't see either of these attributes in anything she said to me. Here is a partial quote, for a clearer picture:

"Just couple of more things your spirit asked me to convey to you, otherwise I would not consider talking about it.

If you're going to to California, use the long-distance bus, "greyhound" type that can accommodate your bike on a special rack. If you go by bike all the way, you would not live past this year. I can't go into more details.

Go straight to Ojai California, it's 100 miles north of Los Angeles or so. It's a beautiful secluded and spiritually oriented community in a valley high in a mountains. You might like it there. Just prepare to make your living by yourself, without codependent relationships. Otherwise you will find hardship.

And one last thing from you spirit. You won't have children in this life, it's not your purpose, so you might just focus your attention on other things, spirituality is high on the list among them. Your spirit wants you to learn how to "give", expressing its unique creative character, that's the ultimate goal."

I think I am OK with sharing this much of what she said, at the end of her email. Hopefully it grants a clearer picture.

Yes, a "professional" can only try and mould you in to conventional thought processes to help you merge into society. I don't agree with this sort of stuff in most instances.

But the email she wrote you. She can't tell you any more? How convenient. Your purpose isn't to have children? I'm sorry, she reaks of bullshit.

There are a great many helpful psychologists and psychiatrists out there. We have several in our Qi Gong classes.

A great number of them are Buddhist/ Eastern oriented and they can be helpful for anyone that might want some clarification.

They are not there to preach to you and it is not their desire to create a path for you - it is their desire to help you think more clearly regarding the things you treasure most and also to see where you may get overly stuck such as becoming overly angry or identified.

Basically you go into areas where you clearly can't see your ass from a hole in the ground and they help to show the difference.

It may be that you are not drawn to seek out help of this nature but the judgmental vilification seen here in this forum is not necessary. Judgement is such a favorite pasttime.

doctors and priests who are not trained in psychology take up a bulk of work that should be done by psychologists and psychiatrists because people do not want to go to a professional because of the stigma attached. And just like everyone in any profession - some are great, some are good and some are not so good.

I am not recommending that you go to one or not, but I received training as one many years ago and the judgements here are simply false, uniformed or the result of someone having a negative experience with one. I have had several lousy doctors, mechanics, lawyers, accountants and all across the board - but I continue to use mechanics and accountants and lawyers and doctors.

It is also interesting to note the a disproportionate number of recently awakened enlightening individuals come from psychologists, psychotherapists and the like. I don't know of any that were psychiatrists but medical doctors in general tend to have egos that make certain progress very difficult.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 2

Hi spotless

I am not recommending that you go to one or not, but I received training as one many years ago and the judgements here are simply false, uniformed or the result of someone having a negative experience with one.

Obviously I'm speaking from a British perspective, but here psychological therapy for nearly everyone is provided by the NHS.  Clinical psychologists are a profession with a protected title and a standardised training route.

Spiritually is NOT a part either the guild worldview or the training of this profession.  Quite the contrary.  I have met literally hundreds of clinical psychologist in my career I have never met one who has undergone that change of mind that distinguishes the spiritual.  For me personally, it became almost impossible to practice once this has occurred and I would think this would commonly be the case.  Clinical psychology in the UK and spirituality are almost like oil and water.

It is true that spirituality is given more recognition in those clinicians dealing with illness and issues of death.  But even here spirituality is often understood as referring to everyday issues of love, meaning and community.  While not entirely missing the mark, it is a far cry from the understanding of that person who has come to see that the deepest identity transcends the world, and time and space and is in fact liberated from suffering.  For a clinical psychologist to so much as suggest the possibility of spiritual liberation, whether in Christian, Buddhist or Taoist terms, to a client would be a disciplinary offence and I am not exaggerating.

There are a great many helpful psychologists and psychiatrists out there. We have several in our Qi Gong classes.

This I don't doubt, and in my experience many psychologists I have met have been into yoga, and meditation.  But attending a Qi Gong class and the authentic spirituality we see in Dreambliss are not necessarily the same thing.  I would say that a continued interest in the psychological sciences is continued evidence of spiritual ignorance.  Or to put it another way, once the deepest truths of our identity are revealed it becomes very hard to sustain the interest in the view of ourselves as individual psyches with needs and neuroses.

It is also interesting to note the a disproportionate number of recently awakened enlightening individuals come from psychologists, psychotherapists and the like.

I think interest in the psyche sciences may be staging post, but one that is left behind.  Whoever these people are, they are likely to feel a huge intellectual gulf between themselves and the standard representative of their profession.

Edited by Nikolai1
  • Like 2

I think perhaps you read to much into what I said - I made no indication that anyone of the clinicians was mentioning religion of any kind. Simply that a great many are not themselves from some of the more backward traditions and also that they are not all atheists.

Also, often the job is not so highbrow and intricate as might be supposed - people get all twisted out of proportion and it does not necessarily take a spiritual genius or liberated enlightened being to help someone in this predicament.

I made no comment as to their greatness - simply that they Can be helpful to some and that vilifying them on skewers as a whole was as ridiculous as embracing them as a cure all.

They are what they are among many different things one might choose - and if you go to one and find it really helps - then great.

If you go to a Shaman and find it helps then great.

I have seen "shamans" do great damage, far worse than any thing I have seen from any psychologist - pretty close to electroshock therapy from the medical side.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 1

Hi spotless

I made no comment as to their greatness - simply that they Can be helpful to some and that vilifying them on skewers as a whole was as ridiculous as embracing them as a cure all.

if I wasn't here on this website, but talking to people in everyday life I would probably be recommending psychologists left right and centre.  But I think there are a lot of people here who have moved beyond that worldview, and especially our OP here.  Its no accident that psychologists so often get vilified here, by this group.

Another good example which I forgot to mention is OCD.  People with OCD think that their thoughts have the power to shape reality, and the burden creates immense anxiety.  This central belief is called 'magical thinking' by the professionals and is considered the kind of keystone to the whole problem: the thing to be modified by cognitive therapy.  How would DB's belief in  Law of Attraction be interpreted? As mental illness!

Edited by Nikolai1
  • Like 2

Dont listen to them DB!

Just go to California ... even if you have to hitch hike.

You might get picked up by a combi van full of adventurers   :)  

• Like 1

Hi spotless

if I wasn't here on this website, but talking to people in everyday life I would probably be recommending psychologists left right and centre.  But I think there are a lot of people here who have moved beyond that worldview, and especially our OP here.  Its no accident that psychologists so often get vilified here, by this group.

Another good example which I forgot to mention is OCD.  People with OCD think that their thoughts have the power to shape reality, and the burden creates immense anxiety.  This central belief is called 'magical thinking' by the professionals and is considered the kind of keystone to the whole problem: the thing to be modified by cognitive therapy.  How would DB's belief in  Law of Attraction be interpreted? As mental illness!

I agree with you, Nikolai. Actually, mental illnesses are often the travesty of states that a psychic or magician can control and consciously work with. Mainstream psychologists and psychiatrists are not aware of that upside, therefore they:

• misdiagnose and turn into illnesses even unusual mental states of a spiritually advanced nature;
  • are not able to give guidance to genuine sufferers as to transforming their difficult conditions into their higher forms of expression

Most of them will (wittingly or unwittingly) try to make the patient conform to mainstream ways of thinking and living as much as possible. Or, as an increasing trend, simply drug them. Do you seriously want an ordinary therapist to intelligently advise you regarding a psychic's death prediction? Get out of here! :D

Edited by Michael Sternbach

Its like all those mythologies that have these formidable Custodians at the Gates of Heaven.

In our society, I see psychologists and psychiatrists as these custodians.  These are the ones whose job it is to try and 'send us back below'.  They will tell us that our greatest strengths are illnesses; our greatest insights, illusions.

But the strong don't listen!

I will practice more openness and receptivity towards talking to a mental health professional. If it flows in my life to talk to such a person, then obviously I should do so. I will set no intentions for this however, and will not pursue this. It will have to find me if it is meant to be.

An update... I started to listening to Silvia Nakkach's, "Inner Massage" tonight. From the moment this started, reminding me of when I played the game Myst, then hearing her ethereal voice, which I got a taste of in her book, "Free Your Voice", I made a decision. First, here is that track:

Here is her site, for those interested:

http://voxmundiproject.com/

I have decided, I have asked Source, and I have set the intention, to attend one of her workshops. She has one in Santa Cruz, CA on July 22-28. I have actually had this in the back of my mind for some time now. It is earlier than I intended to leave, but it is good for numerous reasons:

1. As I am leaving earlier and headed to a different destination, this should neutralize any prediction.

2. I did not have a clear purpose that I felt strongly about. But I feel very strongly that I want this lady to be my guide/teacher. This has become my purpose.

3. As I did not have a clear purpose, a clear idea I felt strongly about as to what I wanted to do, I didn't feel I had any reason to live. I actually felt a little lost. I had the dreams in my Book of Dreams. But they seemed somehow more distant. This feels more immediate. I now have a reason to live, and am not at a frequency that should draw my death to me.

Are you enjoying that music? It's really something, isn't it?

I have no idea to the how. But that is not my work anyway. I have asked, the Universe will sort out the details, now I just need to receive. If you want to pray for me or send energy my way so that I can do this, please do so.

I am also open to receiving money... :lol: If you feel like you want to help in this way, just PM me...

I am shaking off the energy or vibe or whatever it was I was getting from this lady's communication. I see now that her words, while some rang true, did not feel good. They did not feel right. I kind of feel like some sort of gunk was dumped on me, but the moment I heard that track I shared with you, it just washed off. I feel clearer now, almost like I woke up. I was really in a fog about all this. But I have clarity and purpose now.

Same approach I used for Wayne Dyer, going to I Am Light, without the baggage of the earning belief systems. I have sent an email asking for details and if there are any alternative ways to pay for the training. I will go (whether or not I am signed up and have paid for it) then see what happens when I get there.

This really feels right to me. This and learning how to communicate with the earth and plants. Started another thread about that. Found some books on Druidsm and the Green Path I put a hold on at my library. I guess this will be one of my last courses of study before I turn everything in and head out.

Thank you everyone for responses and especially your support!

Spotless

I deeply appreciate all your insights. It will take me some time to absorb it all. But your words and her words... I think I can see the glaring difference. Your words don't drag me down. The give me insight and understanding. They point solidly to the truths that you wish to share. They leave me feeling empowered, not diminished. Thank you.

Michael and Nikolai1

I appreciate your support all through this thread. You are true friends.

Nungali

Very interesting suggestions, and lots of humor that gave me the laughs I desperately needed. Thank you.

Rara

I think I understand your suggestion a little better now. I think I am doing as you suggested with the work I do around the house and grounds for my grandmother. Thank you for addressing those three points of mine so clearly. Thank you for your candid opinion.

Edited by DreamBliss
  • Like 3

Mindless action VS mindful inaction?

:D

I think I prefer inspired action, in the natural flow of one's life...

Edited by DreamBliss
  • Like 1

I think I will have to think about that one...

:lol:

Serious though, I get what you are saying. Don't let the thinking keep me from acting. Sometimes you have to shut the brain off and just act.

In other words, I could spend all day thinking about whether or not I want I want to smoke some weed when it is offered. Meanwhile, those who offered it are all getting high and enjoying themselves. Better to turn the brain off, be in the moment and make like a Nike commercial, "Just Do It!"

Don't worry (not that I assume you are or would.) I am very good at jumping off cliffs and worrying about if there is any water below on the way down... I mean what else would you call biking to California without any maps, money or plan?

I am only waiting at this point for the Universe to provide a few things to make my journey a little more comfortable and easier. For example, I would like to take a hammock with me, one with a mosquito net and rain tarp.  It would also be nice if I could be extra safe and just pay for a bus or train ticket down.

I also want to allow my dad to have a chance to hike. Once I leave there is nobody else to drive my mother and grandmother around. I will have to sit down with him and let him know he will have to take his trip either this month or early next month.

Thank you for the advice.

Edited by DreamBliss

Be careful not to over think things. Before you know it, you have just gone around in circles without moving forward one inch.

yes.gif

• Like 1

I will practice more openness and receptivity towards talking to a mental health professional. If it flows in my life to talk to such a person, then obviously I should do so. I will set no intentions for this however, and will not pursue this. It will have to find me if it is meant to be.

An update... I started to listening to Silvia Nakkach's, "Inner Massage" tonight. From the moment this started, reminding me of when I played the game Myst, then hearing her ethereal voice, which I got a taste of in her book, "Free Your Voice", I made a decision. First, here is that track:

Here is her site, for those interested:

http://voxmundiproject.com/

I have decided, I have asked Source, and I have set the intention, to attend one of her workshops. She has one in Santa Cruz, CA on July 22-28. I have actually had this in the back of my mind for some time now. It is earlier than I intended to leave, but it is good for numerous reasons:

1. As I am leaving earlier and headed to a different destination, this should neutralize any prediction.

2. I did not have a clear purpose that I felt strongly about. But I feel very strongly that I want this lady to be my guide/teacher. This has become my purpose.

3. As I did not have a clear purpose, a clear idea I felt strongly about as to what I wanted to do, I didn't feel I had any reason to live. I actually felt a little lost. I had the dreams in my Book of Dreams. But they seemed somehow more distant. This feels more immediate. I now have a reason to live, and am not at a frequency that should draw my death to me.

Are you enjoying that music? It's really something, isn't it?

I have no idea to the how. But that is not my work anyway. I have asked, the Universe will sort out the details, now I just need to receive. If you want to pray for me or send energy my way so that I can do this, please do so.

I am also open to receiving money... :lol: If you feel like you want to help in this way, just PM me...

I am shaking off the energy or vibe or whatever it was I was getting from this lady's communication. I see now that her words, while some rang true, did not feel good. They did not feel right. I kind of feel like some sort of gunk was dumped on me, but the moment I heard that track I shared with you, it just washed off. I feel clearer now, almost like I woke up. I was really in a fog about all this. But I have clarity and purpose now.

Same approach I used for Wayne Dyer, going to I Am Light, without the baggage of the earning belief systems. I have sent an email asking for details and if there are any alternative ways to pay for the training. I will go (whether or not I am signed up and have paid for it) then see what happens when I get there.

This really feels right to me. This and learning how to communicate with the earth and plants. Started another thread about that. Found some books on Druidsm and the Green Path I put a hold on at my library. I guess this will be one of my last courses of study before I turn everything in and head out.

Thank you everyone for responses and especially your support!

Spotless

I deeply appreciate all your insights. It will take me some time to absorb it all. But your words and her words... I think I can see the glaring difference. Your words don't drag me down. The give me insight and understanding. They point solidly to the truths that you wish to share. They leave me feeling empowered, not diminished. Thank you.

Michael and Nikolai1

I appreciate your support all through this thread. You are true friends.

Nungali

Very interesting suggestions, and lots of humor that gave me the laughs I desperately needed. Thank you.

Rara

I think I understand your suggestion a little better now. I think I am doing as you suggested with the work I do around the house and grounds for my grandmother. Thank you for addressing those three points of mine so clearly. Thank you for your candid opinion.

You're welcome :) Seems that you have a more focused direction already. Let this be the start of an exciting new path and adventure for you.

You should keep a diary and blog too, once you go. Share your motives for this and then all your insights...I'm sure it would be an inspiring read for others.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this