Songtsan

Petition to bring back Deci Belle

If Deci is allowed back and she comes back - it should be understood that she will continue to be Deci.

And should not be kicked out again for doing what she did last time. If you entertain that it will be otherwise it is I think folly, though I would not presume to speak for her.

Deci does not go about peppering threads willy nilly - just expect zero change and if that is the condition of the green light then open the doors. Personally I would love to see her back.

• Like 3

Oh? Was he fed up with everybody grilling him?

I still think the dude was just misunderstood.

I cannot respond to your question.

I agree with your statement.

I have personal bias and therefore I cannot respond to Spotless' post even though I would love to.

• Like 1

If DeciBelle doesn't bully people then I don't have a problem with her coming back.

But I don't think she can stop.

To me she seemed to be the kind of person who bullies and belittles other people in order to fill a hole inside of herself.

But that hole can never be filled from anything external, so she's unlikely to stop.

When I started calling her out there were several people PM'ing me and thanking me for what I did. She's gonna make several people in here frustrated and sad if she returns, and that's more than enough reason to keep her out. Negative karmic footprints you know.

• Like 1

If Deci is allowed back and she comes back - it should be understood that she will continue to be Deci. And should not be kicked out again for doing what she did last time. If you entertain that it will be otherwise it is I think folly, though I would not presume to speak for her. Deci does not go about peppering threads willy nilly - just expect zero change and if that is the condition of the green light then open the doors. Personally I would love to see her back.

the w w w section, if i understand correctly allows the op to mod their own thread. delete posts they dont want "littering" their thread etc. censuring or whatever you wanna call it, controlling,,,i am not too up on it exactly, maybe this isnt how it works? idk

it's different strokes for different folks,

i dont mind if a thread i start takes twists and turns, wanders off topic , whatever, i dont see myself "owning" a thread i start, i just open it up and let it go, for me its the readers and responders who give the thread life.

that is one way 

another way is the w w w way

and it seems useful for a specific type of thread, one where the op wants to keep a narrow focus

doesnt the w w w section seem taylor made for a deci type?

it is in a way ironic that section came to be after deci left imo

this thread is basically mild ruminations,, just some members shooting the breeze,

a former banned member now returned wanting another banned member to return.

the parties that could make it happen maybe could care less about this thread,

the current staff and the banned member themselves,

who knows if deci even wants to return?

we cannot just reach into someone's life and recall them to tdb

admin has said he is open to listen to member that wants to return after one year away

to respond to your post spotless, i could see the possibility of a deci type or even deci starting threads in the w w w section,

where she would have the controls to delete posts she didnt want on her threads, thus avoiding much of the contention that could arise. there would still be possibility that contention and/or insults still find a way to manifest.

so it is at least a two way street, it's more than that actually, but lets consider it a 2 way street for purpose of this conversation, for now,

insults will not be tolerated by staff, we understand this explicitly.

staff has also recently said that they will (finally) consider sanctions against someone flaming and baiting a member trying to incite an insult. pushing the issue a little too far or calling out a little too far, however you want to term it.

so if there was the door opened for deci, she would have extra tools available inside the w w w 

i would imagine that is where she would only begin a thread or even post, just my sense of her.

if having those extra tools she still found it necessary to insult members,,would not be looked on with any room for warnings or suspensions, probably just a straight up ban, 

i'm not going to post anymore about it, i am indifferent entirely tbh.

someone mentioned deci has a blog out there if members want to read deci.

i just wanted to throw my 2 cents out here just becoz

and

it doesnt matter my pov about it anyways

edit>changed in to it

Edited by zerostao

I understand fully. I appreciated her bullying, for it made me stronger, and revealed my weak points. I embrace her type. I would not try to force that upon anyone however. I am used to being harassed by demons, so I have learned to love them. It generally tames them when you do that. Its a fickle situation.

You know when you are a Tao Bum when...you have a high tolerance for bullying because, after all, you´re "used to being harassed by demons."  Priceless. 

• Like 4

You have me at a disadvantage, as I don't know them...

' Liberals '  PM and Treasurer. 

Why was ChiDragon banned??

YOU'RE BACK ! ... ?   I thought you were banned  ? 

• Like 1

Why was ChiDragon banned??

When it became obvious that he was about to get banned, he took his hat, apologizing to everybody he had unfortunately annoyed. Additionally the door was slammed and locked behind him nevertheless, and the key thrown away.

I also keep wondering about the reason. I found it particularly regrettable as he and I were in close interaction on an interesting TTC thread at the time.

It looks like some members felt intimidated by him. He had been banned temporarily more than once. I guess he couldn't adjust sufficiently. I understand the man is accustomed to quite a different cultural environment and even needed help writing in English.

Possibly I missed some stories though.

Edited by Michael Sternbach
  • Like 2

I liked him a lot , CD, and would enjoy his return but. He is probably subject to less hostility now ,which seemed to come in waves while he was here, and that prompted a heated attitude he doesnt innately have,, just as ive seen folks be intolerantly crappy to several others ,and consider it a disservice to implore his return. If he left on his own ,the door slamming is unjustified IMO. When one feels they are pushed, they may push back, that should be no surprise to anyone. I am not saying this to condone TTBs ban nor to change the status quo, but he isnt a hostile jerk, and that should be spelled out lest the banishment predispose a newbie to assume it.

• Like 4

I understand fully. I appreciated her bullying, for it made me stronger, and revealed my weak points. I embrace her type. I would not try to force that upon anyone however. I am used to being harassed by demons, so I have learned to love them. It generally tames them when you do that. Its a fickle situation.
Good luck with that taming thing ;) Deci loves that persona, and some folks can enjoy it , others dont. Whadda ya gonna do? :)

When it became obvious that he was about to get banned, he took his hat, apologizing to everybody he had unfortunately annoyed. Additionally the door was slammed and locked behind him nevertheless, and the key thrown away.

I also keep wondering about the reason. I found it particularly regrettable as he and I were in close interaction on an interesting TTC thread at the time.

It looks like some members felt intimidated by him. He had been banned temporarily more than once. I guess he couldn't adjust sufficiently. I understand the man is accustomed to quite a different cultural environment and even needed help writing in English.

Possibly I missed some stories though.

Do you have any links to theads where he was deemed offensive? Just curious to have a look.

I've certainly been spoken to much worse than that guy by others that have never been warned, to the best of my knowledge.

I got censored without notification on another site that allows the most obvious abuse and insults.

I posted a picture of a woman sitting on a Persian carpet smoking a hookah ....  

apparently I was advocating 'drug usage' ???   :blink:

• Like 1

Hehehe.  Yeah, that's a "No, No." for many people.  The government is watching, you know.

I got censored without notification on another site that allows the most obvious abuse and insults.

I posted a picture of a woman sitting on a Persian carpet smoking a hookah ....  

apparently I was advocating 'drug usage' ???   :blink:

I think it was a style decision ... Persian carpets are completely out this year ... what were you thinking?

• Like 1

Good luck with that taming thing ;) Deci loves that persona, and some folks can enjoy it , others dont. Whadda ya gonna do? :)

I can handle Deci any day of the week! ;) In fact, she probably cant handle me as much as I can handle her...hehe....have the reason I want her back so much is to have someone to get rough and tumble with....nothing spells lovin' like a good tear up and tear down for constructive purposes...its what I am made for. 

Edited by Songtsan

In traditional Native American cultures, no one would ever be kicked out of a tribal congregation for acting out...they would probably perform special healing ceremonies in most cases....

• Like 1

Do you have any links to theads where he was deemed offensive? Just curious to have a look.

No, all I remember is some conflict breaking loose once on a Daoist thread, whereafter CD was banned for two weeks. I couldn't really understand what had happened (and soon gave up trying).

I've certainly been spoken to much worse than that guy by others that have never been warned, to the best of my knowledge.

No kidding!

• Like 1

In traditional Native American cultures, no one would ever be kicked out of a tribal congregation for acting out...they would probably perform special healing ceremonies in most cases....

Yep, they do that here too (not that I can see Deci as one who would appreciate an 'enforced' 'healing'  change your personality session  :wacko: .

special healing ceremony;

You stand off from these guys ... over there .... now,  it all depends on how good you are at 'dancing'  . 

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

What really happened is that they simply disappeared over-night.  Apparently ran off.

I think it was a style decision ... Persian carpets are completely out this year ... what were you thinking?

yeah ... I should know better ... now I am in trouble there as I posted this pic as a visual addendum to my usual rave about POV's being facets of a larger thing, like a crystal

*** Warning !  Warning !   typically nasty innuendo picture approaching  - shield your eyes   ....

< you have been warned >

cr5117crystal.jpg

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1