Songtsan

Petition to bring back Deci Belle

Disagree. We all have preprogrammed tendencies; knee jerk reactions learned from society, friends, families, etc. Only a few can actually break through those tendencies and choose freely. These are the Buddhas. I have never met one. However, I don't say that Deci Belle didn't freely choose, knowing she'd be kicked off- she probably did. I am not contending that, just contending the system that made it possible for the exile. Its purely selfish of me really. I'm just trying to influence things here because I am attached to them being my way and I freely admit it. That's free will!

:lol: it's merely a matter of willingness to go the distance.

How willing are you to weild free will?!?  XD LOL!!!

I may or may not be a Buddha, ask my teachers. but i DO have free will. everything learned can also be unlearned. you just have to make a choice and accept the it's consequences.

• Like 3

Its true. Every bridge I've burned, I burned on purpose, to exile myself from the person or community because it was taking too much out of me. Oftentimes done in fear of becoming subsumed into their matrix, through my own compassionate involvement in their world, finding out that I had invested too much of myself into what they wanted, and I had to pull myself out. Loving so hard is, well a hard path. Our compassion makes us weak as we send our vital reserves out to those we wish to cultivate. Mother Theresa spent most of her life in  Dark Night of her Soul. Its the agony and the ectsasy. We are all martyrs in our lifetimes....do we care more about ourselves, or others? The middle road should be good, but what if its not enough?

• Like 1

Isimsiz Biri ?

Thanks mate ....

... just when I had finally eliminated him from my unconscious   :P

• Like 1

Is that where you buried the bodies?

Harumph !   

My mad Uncle Frank has a steam-rollered compressed vintage car under his - needed some filler  ( he also cut his swimming pool in half with a besablock wall to save money on running it - his boat floats in the other half, full of bags of rubbish ... he also designs and builds caravans ......  I think there are some left at the back of his factory ....    wanna buy one ?    

0.jpg

Understanding why someone did, or said reprehensible things and feeling compassion for them does not mean there should no longer be consequences for those actions.

thumbsup.gif

unbalanced severity is but cruelty and oppression 

but  also unbalanced mercy is but weakness which allows cruelty and oppression to exist. 

• Like 4

Well, since the others beat me to it .... I will try a different  response  

.I also believe drugs should be legalized, prostitution, and a number of other things. Call me .....  

3071623-819144-a-businessman-on-a-teleph

Edited by Nungali

Besides ... I just could not refer to Songtsan with the same word as these guys

059199-joe-hockey-and-tony-abbott.jpg

I think what it really is that I have entered insanity so often and with gusto that I don't feel at home if things are too predictable... I am probably setting myself up for either a very interesting long life, or a very short one....

Could we then allow ChiDragon back inside too, please?

Why was ChiDragon banned??

ChiDragon wasn't banned - he left of his own free will.

But really, we are talking about "crime and punishment" here.  Do the crime (violate the rules), you do the time.

• Like 2

But really, we are talking about "crime and punishment" here.  Do the crime (violate the rules), you do the time.

So much for anarchy :)

• Like 2

So much for anarchy :)

Yeah, but I do speak to that whenever possible but don't go off the wall and get myself in trouble.

Chuang Tzu told me that when I am in the country of other people I am to comply with the laws of those people.

I enjoyed myself here before there was moderation and I am enjoying myself now.  (It's just that I don't call people MF's any more.)

Yeah, but I do speak to that whenever possible but don't go off the wall and get myself in trouble.

Chuang Tzu told me that when I am in the country of other people I am to comply with the laws of those people.

I enjoyed myself here before there was moderation and I am enjoying myself now.  (It's just that I don't call people MF's any more.)

Only pulling your leg, old boy.  But since you have revealed that you speak to Chuang Tzu I am beginning to wonder exactly how old you really are :)

• Like 2

Only pulling your leg, old boy.  But since you have revealed that you speak to Chuang Tzu I am beginning to wonder exactly how old you really are :)

Yeah, I added that for a bit of humor.  It's interesting though, the many things we can imagine with a free mind.

Edit to add:

But no, I don't speak "to" Chuang Tzu.  I keep my mouth shut and listen.

Edited by Marblehead
  • Like 1

rara would make an excellent mod,  just sayin'

maybe he doesnt keep up with all the goings on here

but his heart/mind is in the right place

• Like 3

But really, we are talking about "crime and punishment" here. Do the crime (violate the rules), you do the time.

Oh? Was he fed up with everybody grilling him?

I still think the dude was just misunderstood.

Edited by Rara
  • Like 3

rara would make an excellent mod, just sayin'

maybe he doesnt keep up with all the goings on here

but his heart/mind is in the right place

:) Don't worry, I'm watching this thread so you can address me directly hehe.

Thanks...I don't know if this is an offer or nomination? Depends how much work it involves.

Considering I'm on the verge of quitting my business, I could be a full time bum anyway by the end of the year.

• Like 1

Oh? Was he fed up with everybody grilling him?

I still think the dude was just misunderstood.

• Like 3