Songtsan

Petition to bring back Deci Belle

B)I thought you were a mod, haha.

Who are the mods?

I was a "Lobby Steward" a couple of years back, dropped off here / the Net for a while to concentrate on other things... like Family / Work / Training :ph34r: .  I just pop in occasionally, to see if I've missed anything

1) Profound   B)   or  2) Interesting. :D

For future Reference and to completely clarify things once & for all.....The Mods are the ones who AREN'T "Rockers"   :excl:  ;)

Edit: To correct 1 & 2

Edited by Basher
  • Like 1

Definition rocker

Slang off (one's) rocker "crazy" first recorded 1897. Meaning "one who enjoys rock music" (as opposed to mod (n.1)

:)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mods_and_rockers

The mods and rockers were two conflicting British youth subcultures of the early to mid-1960s and 1970's. Media coverage ofmods and rockers fighting in 1964 sparked a moral panic about British youths, and the two groups became labelled as folk devils.

The rocker subculture was centred on motorcycling, and their appearance reflected that. Rockers generally wore protective clothing such as black leather jackets and motorcycle boots (although they sometimes wore brothel creeper shoes). The common rocker hairstyle was a pompadour, while their music genre of choice was 1950s rock and roll, played by artists like Eddie CochranGene Vincent, and Bo Diddley.[1] The mod subculture was centred on fashion and music, and many mods rodescooters. Mods wore suits and other cleancut outfits, and preferred 1960s music genres such as soulrhythm and bluesska,beat music, and British blues-rooted bands like The WhoThe Yardbirds, and The Small Faces.[2]

• Like 1

So the Mods are the Moderators and the Rockers are the Administrators.

PS  The article spoke about "my" kind of music (the first three artists) - the music of my teenage years.

• Like 1

one cannot be a "rocker" and a "mod" then?

that just puts everything into a new light.

i am neither  "rocker" nor "mod"  

however,  once when i was a mod, sitting in my rocker---

• Like 2

They are aliens.

I think.

*Whispers*

The illuminati.

They're watching us all.

• Like 1

You might be Teddy Boys.

I had to look that one up.  That never happened here in the States as far as I am aware of.

• Like 1

*Whispers*

The illuminati.

They're watching us all.

But they are imaginary.  They can't do anything if you don't believe in them.

Except poison people with vaccines, orchestrate wars, control and/or influence politics of most countries, manipulate currency systems, oil prices, initiate false flag operations such as 9/11, and things such as these....nothing to worry 'bout mates! ;)

• Like 1

But they are imaginary. They can't do anything if you don't believe in them.

The mods? I guess Deci believed in them then! Damn.

• Like 2

I like dancing,

makes me a dancing snake, or maybe doing a snakedance.

after which i'll crawl into my own individual hole.

beware :P shhhh

• Like 1

nonono,

you may call me a liar, i do not mind that...

but never ever call me holy will you, I get the shivers just by reading it

just let me be in my hole, sometimes posting a little here and there

• Like 2

I like both bo diddley and the small faces  :D

where does that leave me????

see, i never fit in any hole  :P

I guess you got colored outside the lines.

Which Small Faces?  With Rod or before his joining?

this one is nice too

I was the very last of a family of 7 children, i heard this kind of music while still a baby/small child. 

Youngest sib is 7 years older than I, all the rest even older, so there was a whole bunch of teenagers and adolescents above me, enjoying the sixties  :P

Makes one colouring outside the lines I suppose, 

• Like 1

Yeah, that pre-Rod.  I have their LP Ogden's Nut Gone Flake.

I really love Steve Marriott's work but the Small Faces just wasn't the right place for him to do his thing.

After Rod and Ron joined the group became a totally different group.

I was the very last of a family of 7 children, i heard this kind of music while still a baby/small child. 

Youngest sib is 7 years older than I, all the rest even older, so there was a whole bunch of teenagers and adolescents above me, enjoying the sixties  :P

Makes one colouring outside the lines I suppose, 

Hehehe.  I was thinking that you are older than I thought you are but that explains that to me much better.

What about bodgies ? 

eb3d789b8ade1bb63fc5f18662c48a38.jpg

They used to hang out at the 'Ponderosa Cafe'  which was between the train station and our family home. So you would walk past on the other side of the street and mind your own business.

But not my big brother, he could call out and heckle them and get them to chase him.  

Unfortunately for them he was a state champion long distance runner   :D  ... he would lead them through the streets until they were puffed and had to stop, then he would stand off and start up again and enrage them so their anger would overpower their exhaustion ... and keep doing that until exhaustion won   :P

They never caught him. 

( Ummmm .... I tried it once and they nearly got me  ...   once was enough !   :unsure:  )

But one time ... him and some of his friends  'caught one' .....     they were harassing people at  the beach promenade and ... for some stupid reason, took  crutches from the ocean pool side (as there was this one-legged guy that used to do laps there ) and threw them in the ocean !   :blink:

So my brother and his mates told the guy to go and get them and threw him in ...  wearing chains, leather jacket, boots, the whole outfit, into the ocean.   and wouldnt let him out until he retrieved them, put them back where they were and apologised - serves him right ! 

• Like 2

It was skinheads I used to fear as a youth ... they were scary mfs.