Cameron

Lama Dorje

I felt kind of bad about giving this guy my money in light of what you said, but I am really curious to find out more about Sifu Max. I agree the chi audio tapes are foolish, but that is not what I was interested in. Unfortunately I live on the East Coast so California isn't very practical for me.

I appreciate our comments and yes, it takes a lot of energy to answer so many questions, but if I can help share something with others that has been so amazing for me then it is worth it.

This practice has opened up the higher levels of understanding that I could not have accessed alone. Not to mention the health benefits and the minor abilities I have developed.

It is my hope that everyone understands this practice, because if we are all buzzing around at a higher rate of vibration, it will spread by way of osmosis to others and work as a catalyst for real positive change in our experience here.

Clarity to ... what ?

andrea

The Clarity should enhance one-pointed concentration for whatever practices you try in the future.

I appreciate our comments and yes, it takes a lot of energy to answer so many questions, but if I can help share something with others that has been so amazing for me then it is worth it.

This practice has opened up the higher levels of understanding that I could not have accessed alone. Not to mention the health benefits and the minor abilities I have developed.

It is my hope that everyone understands this practice, because if we are all buzzing around at a higher rate of vibration, it will spread by way of osmosis to others and work as a catalyst for real positive change in our experience here.

I'll be honest. I had originally planeed on either going to see Lama Doeje or Master Chen. I had said I was definetly going to see Lama Dorje but for like half the day today at work I was thinking I should see Master Chen instead(He is a Wundang Taoist).

But..in large part from Chris presence on the board and the amazing things he has said it's almost become like how can I not check Lama Dorje out?

If not too many other Tao Bums go I'll try to give as honest an interpretation of Lama Dorje as I can if others want to check him out later os something.

namaste

I'll be honest. I had originally planeed on either going to see Lama Doeje or Master Chen. I had said I was definetly going to see Lama Dorje but for like half the day today at work I was thinking I should see Master Chen instead(He is a Wundang Taoist).

But..in large part from Chris presence on the board and the amazing things he has said it's almost become like how can I not check Lama Dorje out?

If not too many other Tao Bums go I'll try to give as honest an interpretation of Lama Dorje as I can if others want to check him out later os something.

namaste

Hi Cam,

Tough decision. You said money was tight being a student and all. Maybe you can post a paypal account and we can try and raise the money to cover Dorje's fee for you. I will sponsor you $20. Any other takers? C'mon what's a measely 20 bucks.

So...can anyone else comment on whether the book is a practical type book or more of a story?

Hi Cam,

Tough decision. You said money was tight being a student and all. Maybe you can post a paypal account and we can try and raise the money to cover Dorje's fee for you. I will sponsor you $20. Any other takers? C'mon what's a measely 20 bucks.

Hi Oolong,

Thanks for the offer! Actually I think Lama Dorjes workshop is quite reasonable and should be able to pay for it ok. Add to that Trunks incredible hospitality and the possibilty of Yoda driving down from SF to do the workshop(If he feels the force tell him that is) should be ok.

So...can anyone else comment on whether the book is a practical type book or more of a story?

I just read the book and there are explicit instructions on level 1,2,&3...and some story

Mantra, I just read Pillars of Bliss and had a few questions.

First, In your previous posts you indicate that the energy cultivated in Kunlun is not "chi" but, something else. However, in the book, Max constantly uses the word "chi" to describe the energy. Why is there this disparity? Is it just semantics? Is Max using "chi" as a euphemism here to describe a more complicated energy? (seems like chi to me. level one and two are fire meditations that raise the power up, with level three bringing it back down and cooling it off kan & li no?)

Second, it is written that it is dangerous to mix practices due to possible "third harmonics" being created by Kunlun and other Qi Gong. However, you mentioned this is not a problem and only a few practices like kundalini yoga wont mix. Please clarify.

Also, There seems to be a lot of heat created with this practice, so much as indicated in the book, that students can melt snow in winter and dry towels on their naked backs when it is cold as hell outside. Is this accurate?

Which brings me to my final question: Mentioned in the end of the book is a little about burning palm treatment and the nine levels of intensity. It is written "most blacking out at the level three intensity"

Is this correct? Have you experienced this?

I liked the book, very interesting stuff!

Edited by Bak Mei

It's a condensed practical manual. Very small book and pretty much straight to the point.

There is some history in there, but it is pretty much to the point. It outlines the Kunlun practice levels 1-3 and it can be used to test the methods.

However as I have said before, it is the direct transmission that gives you the seed to then cultivate with the practice.

Mantra, I just read Pillars of Bliss and had a few questions.

First, In your previous posts you indicate that the energy cultivated in Kunlun is not "chi" but, something else. However, in the book, Max constantly uses the word "chi" to describe the energy. Why is there this disparity? Is it just semantics? Is Max using "chi" as a euphemism here to describe a more complicated energy? (seems like chi to me. level one and two are fire meditations that raise the power up, with level three bringing it back down and cooling it off kan & li no?)

I'd like to know too since it referenced magnetic energy on the website. Magnetic potential seems to intensify when i put some focus on a body part for some time, when I intensify the focus then I feel it changing to electrical power (chi?).

I'd like to know too since it referenced magnetic energy on the website. Magnetic potential seems to intensify when i put some focus on a body part for some time, when I intensify the focus then I feel it changing to electrical power (chi?).

Yeah, chi is not the best word to use to describe the energy. You may feel chi as you do this practice but when the bliss breaks free it is different. Hard to describe; almost like divine will. Your own.

Edited by Mantra68

I think Chris has done an impeccable(is that how you spell that?)job presenting this info to us.

Let's see...awakening, blissed out states, a practice that "does in 1 hr what others do in a 100 years", friendly, open about what's going on, I havent even gotten a wiff of a superiority complex or ego about his teacher. Even when saying amazing things about Max he still speaks with humilty and a sense of doing this out of love and compassion for others.

I tried to resist a little but doesn't seem liek there is any way I can't check this out.

If any green light saber masters who are going to be in the area anyway that week want to come to that would also be fun.

:)

Bak Mei,

Ive ordered the book also, would you be able to quickly discribe the exercises for the med or chi kung?

Is the 9 levels to the Burning palms?

Mantra,

Is the exercise with the hands like playing with a jellyfish like holding a chi ball? If so does kunlun use these chi ball methods alot?

WYG

Bak Mei,

Ive ordered the book also, would you be able to quickly discribe the exercises for the med or chi kung?

Is the 9 levels to the Burning palms?

Mantra,

Is the exercise with the hands like playing with a jellyfish like holding a chi ball? If so does kunlun use these chi ball methods alot?

WYG

There is no burning palm info in the book - the book is on kunlun spontanious qi gong.

The first practice is a sitting method with an easy posture that you take - It doesn't have much of an effect without the transmission from the master - the seed that Chris refers to. This is obviously not a complicated technique-driven style which is what I like about it...

Chris, if you could explain the contraindications for the kunlun practice - you say that mixing style might have a detrimental effect (and you mention Kundalini yoga) - how about more taoist approaches - qi gong to open joints, ligaments and meridians.... 5 animal forms etc... would these be detrimental? Because I see Max teaches these methods himself...

Just for the record - I gradually lost a big chunk of my interest. It's not the guy and what I've found out thru Mantra68, but my own personal feelings on it. This is to say he might really be "The Real MacCoy". And no more explanations please, I feel silly talking about obvious things. See ya :rolleyes:

Just for the record - I gradually lost a big chunk of my interest. It's not the guy and what I've found out thru Mantra68, but my own personal feelings on it. This is to say he might really be "The Real MacCoy". And no more explanations please, I feel silly talking about obvious things. See ya :rolleyes:

Just for the record. I for one was not going to ask you for an explanation!

- It doesn't have much of an effect without the transmission from the master - the seed that Chris refers to.

If none of these techniques work without transmission, and if transmission isn't given until Level II, then what are these Level I workshops for?

Also, what makes Lama Dorje's spontaneous qi gong different from spontaneous qi gong as taught by Sifu Wong Kiew Kit or Sifu Chen?

As Keith already mentioned, Sifu Max simply can't fake the refinement of energy. He either has it or not, and whatever he claims he is is secondary. But then, again, you have to have the "eyes" to see it. If you don't, other more intellectualized questions and comments will come into play. Not that they are bad and all.

BigSmile2.gif

Dont mean to sound rude but his book says you can reach bliss and now basically the book doesnt teach it cause you need the secret transmission from lama dorje? So why not say this on the site rather lead people to believe that this book can help people with there practise in anyway possible. I understand that you need a teacher but the site is misleading if he is holding back information on what it says it can do when it says it will create bliss.

So now the book is nothing but showing techniques without the proper information, im confused!!!

:(

What is involved in the transmission proper breathing techniques?>