Are you referring to the minority who have never had any direct neigong instruction from a qualified teacher and have learned by trying to understand neigong practice through books?

Minority?

717117d1392202027-mario-motzt-die-neue-p

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 1

From Brisbane specifically. Most of them did turn out to be sock puppets of said member too. You checked out fine though Aeran :). I just like to make the membership aware of who is from Brisbane in case one of these folks starts offering up fake MP manuals or something...

All " Mo Pai Manuals" on sale to westerners by westerners are, by definition; fake.

The Mo Pai don't have a manual, it's a clan/family based sect.

Word of mouth only and that via a somewhat obscure village dialect.

Anyone not born one is never ever going to 'be' one.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 3

All " Mo Pai Manuals" on sale to westerners by westerners are, by definition; fake.

John Chang's teacher passed on to him a manual that contained all 72 levels.

Said "Manual" is what the others are trying to exploit.

It is written in ancient Chinese, so take it from there

John Chang learned from it from I think either level 3 or 4 onward

Edited by SonOfTheGods
  • Like 2

so they should call the forum "The Mo(re)Pie fan club"?

• Like 2

These types of manuals are only guidelines for practice, goals, some methods; but there's no way in hell that a manual can transmit the inner essence of a practice or the WAY they move. or the thousands of techniques and variations.

Nei kung is way beyond books. Build a damn bridge.

• Like 5

As qualifying examination you could make an IQ test!

Minimum IQ level required: 130!

That would mean for 100 applicants, 5 would qualify!

Why 130?

Would IQ scores be visible?

Would higher IQs merit increased credibility or would the forum be egalitarian once the entrance threshold was met?

First it is in ancient chinese and second it is only for those beyond level 4

and I am sure none of them who would reach level 4 would ever have time to translate it

or let it because of the school politics to let someone else translate and if they do translate

they have to do it on their own and until it is done one may need a twohundred years as ancient chinese

is though to read and the modern chinese has problems to read it.

It is technical, political not possible to get hands on and even then one has a group of expert for translation

one need a group of Neikung prationers on level 4 who are willingly give you the right meaning as one word

can have up to 10 different meanings and if it is in poetry one can without archiving the correct practise level decipher

anything. So even if one part is correct one would no receive the orthodox teaching but an unorthodox manuscipt.

JinYong a famous Wuxia Author who wrote the Condor Shooting Trilogy making Ouyang Feng learning

an unorthodox method of the Nine Yin Manuals which is a supreme magic stance.

He get very powerful but his internal damage are as well.

And he repeatly want to say it in Dragon Saber and Heaven sword by having the Yellow Maiden defeating with the orthodox

method an unorthodox version of the nine yin claws.

The message is to stick to the orthodox even if one know the unorthodox in addition.

I recommend to watch JinYong and GuLong for pointers for a practitioner so they are aware but one has to watch

it in a manner to learn something for ones practise, ethical, technical and logical.

A manual can not telly one from the pitfalls.

Missing one point may lead to having to exercise more than necessary

or do something harmful.

Energetic Damage become obvious after around 10 years as I have been told

and a teacher may minimize or even make it worse(if he is only a instructor who is as good

to repeat and parrot what he learned without gaining own expirience)

• Like 1

Why 130? Would IQ scores be visible? Would higher IQs merit increased credibility or would the forum be egalitarian once the entrance threshold was met?

Cause they lowered the "genius" level to 130 about a decade back (was more like 135 or something like that before). Yes, they really did have to lower it nationwide.... though such rants would be off topic....

• Like 2

First it is in ancient chinese and second it is only for those beyond level 4

and I am sure none of them who would reach level 4 would ever have time to translate it

or let it because of the school politics to let someone else translate and if they do translate

they have to do it on their own and until it is done one may need a twohundred years as ancient chinese

is though to read and the modern chinese has problems to read it.

It is technical, political not possible to get hands on and even then one has a group of expert for translation

one need a group of Neikung prationers on level 4 who are willingly give you the right meaning as one word

can have up to 10 different meanings and if it is in poetry one can without archiving the correct practise level decipher

anything. So even if one part is correct one would no receive the orthodox teaching but an unorthodox manuscipt.

JinYong a famous Wuxia Author who wrote the Condor Shooting Trilogy making Ouyang Feng learning

an unorthodox method of the Nine Yin Manuals which is a supreme magic stance.

He get very powerful but his internal damage are as well.

And he repeatly want to say it in Dragon Saber and Heaven sword by having the Yellow Maiden defeating with the orthodox

method an unorthodox version of the nine yin claws.

The message is to stick to the orthodox even if one know the unorthodox in addition.

I recommend to watch JinYong and GuLong for pointers for a practitioner so they are aware but one has to watch

it in a manner to learn something for ones practise, ethical, technical and logical.

A manual can not telly one from the pitfalls.

Missing one point may lead to having to exercise more than necessary

or do something harmful.

Energetic Damage become obvious after around 10 years as I have been told

and a teacher may minimize or even make it worse(if he is only a instructor who is as good

to repeat and parrot what he learned without gaining own expirience)

I wouldn't ever seek a MoPai "manual".

I have no use for it.

As far as I am concerned, MoPai is a dead art.

Personally, I wouldn't recommend anyone searching for such a manual, due to what you said, and also, getting ripped off.

No one would be able to authenticate it, or vouch for it.

I am only stating such a manual exists, as others were saying no such manual existed.

• Like 3

So, the way is going right how, are we still going to have a Nei Gong Forum or not....???

Edited by ChiDragon

Cause they lowered the "genius" level to 130 about a decade back (was more like 135 or something like that before). Yes, they really did have to lower it nationwide.... though such rants would be off topic....

That's vaguely depressing.

• Like 1

The triple face palms are cute, but this is mostly correct. I was a student of one of the worlds most powerful nei kung masters for eight years so I observed a few things.

Someone who has mastered nei kung should be able to feel, control, flex, and/or cause to twitch or tremble any of the individual voluntary muscles in the body. In other words, you can make on little spot on your thigh twitch, not the whole thigh

Interesting! If it is not a secret, may I ask what was the first basic fundamental thing that you were taught in the beginning....???

Edited by ChiDragon

A major difference between Chi Kung and Neigong for easy understanding.

Chi Kung breathes with the muscles relaxed.

Neigong breathes with the muscles not relaxed.

"Inaccurate statement" is only relative.

No - the first statement you made above is completely inaccurate, nothing relative about it.

Much neigong does not engage the muscles at all and there are plenty of Qigong forms that engage the muscles very intensely.

Besides, how would you know that somebody might be laugh at you and said how little does this guy knows?

I'm sure they do.

It's a good relationship - they get a little entertainment and, if I'm lucky, I may get to learn something.

• Like 4

Interesting! If it is not a secret, may I ask what was the first basic fundamental thing that you were taught in the beginning....???

Yes, before I started with my master my tai chi master told me: "watch him like a hawk" (means observe more carefully than 99.9% of people are able to). That was the best advice I ever got.

Back when I was a young feller the genius IQ level was at 150;

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 2

Why 130?

If we make the threshold higher, the forum would remain pretty empty.

Would IQ scores be visible?

Why not, lol.

Would higher IQs merit increased credibility or would the forum be egalitarian once the entrance threshold was met?

Depends on the test!

I know a person who was allegedly tested by her psychologist and scored "an IQ higher than Einstein" whose estimated (!) IQ is allegedly 148 - 160. This person had a great memory but I doubt that her intelligence was much beyond 130 (if at all). I asked her about the test and she couldn't tell me the name of it but the test included many questions concerning her general education! So what the f*ck?! That is more of general cognitive abilities test, but NOT an IQ test!

RIDICOLOUS! I didn't know that, but a quick google search confirmed that.

For me, genius level IQ is 145-160 and tests which measure IQ's beyond 160 are an non-scientific absurdity, if you know anything about normal distribution & standard deviation.

Edited by Dorian Black
  • Like 1

Why not, lol.

Depends on the test!

I know a person who was allegedly tested by her psychologist and scored "an IQ higher than Einstein" whose estimated (!) IQ is allegedly 148 - 160. This person had a great memory but I doubt that her intelligence was much beyond 130 (if at all). I asked her about the test and she couldn't tell me the name of it but the test included many questions concerning her general education! So what the f*ck?! That is more of general cognitive abilities test, but NOT an IQ test!

For me, genius level IQ is 145-160 and tests which measure IQ's beyond 160 are an non-scientific absurdity, if you know anything about normal distribution & standard deviation.

Oh I noticed because one day I suddenly became a genius :D.

The only IQ tests I have ever taken were on the Mensa website though (I wanted to put it on my resume', back when I thought job hunting was a good thing).

PS this is the only type of discussion I notice typos/spelling in ;).

• Like 1

Oh I noticed because one day I suddenly became a genius :D.

The only IQ tests I have ever taken were on the Mensa website though (I wanted to put it on my resume', back when I thought job hunting was a good thing).

PS this is the only type of discussion I notice typos/spelling in ;).

If I remember right, the test on the Mensa website in case you score high enough only tells you that you have a chance to pass the membership test but without naming exact scores ;) (....which certainly suggests that you have an IQ of at least 130 which is the treshold for Mensa membership).

Edited by Dorian Black

Why not, lol.

Depends on the test!

I was given numerous assessments as a child (I was a Guinea pig for the University of Miami) but the only test I've taken as an adult was Stanford-Binet.

Einstein was not nearly so bright as his first wife, BTW...

• Like 1

I was given numerous assessments as a child (I was a Guinea pig for the University of Miami) but the only test I've taken as an adult was Stanford-Binet. Einstein was not nearly so bright as his first wife, BTW...

according to wikipedia, the Stanford-Binet Test is a "cognitive ability & intelligence test" and "used to diagnose developmental or cognitive deficiencies in young children."

So why did you have to take the test again...? :P

And further: "The test measures five weighted factors and consists of both verbal and nonverbal subtests. The five factors being tested are knowledge, quantitative reasoning, visual-spatial processing, working memory, and fluid reasoning."

Did you also score higher than Einstein...?

This is imo a general cognitive abilities test, not a pure IQ test. If it is the same test that my co-worker took, then the quantity of the included elements which I consider IQ relevant are rather low and short term memory, long term memory / general education are measured primarily.

S-B is neither simply for diagnosing disabilities nor strictly for children. You really shouldn't restrict your research to cursory scans of Wikipedia. A conversation with a PhD psychologist would probably be helpful.

I took that particular test as part of a class during my undergraduate studies.

Albert Einstein is a poor benchmark.

My scores on various assessments are irrelevant. ;)

Edited by Brian

how does I.Q equate to chi theory its use and practical application? just because someone is smart dosent mean they will understand chi, chi theory, useages and applicaion! im really smart but i only know what i know and what im doing because of years of practice and learning. to think somone will be able to know understand this information because they are smart is fool hearted. some of the smartest ppl i know dont even believe in chi and wouldnt touch these conversations with a 10ft pole. i think the I.Q thing will cause more harm than good. I think a better way it could be done and is and will only work is if ppl are truthful about their time in practice and level of skill, also what they've read as far as books are conserned (this shapes ones view on neikung overall in the begining). this way more seasoned practisioners can help the newer ppl. also if you have only read books and never practiced then your only option is to practice and see weather or not what you have read is actually applicable. and applicable at your level of training. the one thing i would recomend is study and practice sessions daily, consistancy is the best way to see if somthing really works...

• Like 2