IMO The IQ has to do with the personal intuition in the understanding of the effect learned from the diligent practices. It because a teacher can only help one to get started, and the later stage is strictly by self intuition for advancement. If one has to depend on the teacher all the time, then there was no advancement but stagnation.

• Like 2

I think it's a 50/50 between natural talent and how much you train. IQ etc. is sort of irrelevant to Qi and/or neigong stuff IMO. Though a good amount of humbleness thrown in can help a lot.

• Like 3

I don't know about neigong (much yet) but with magic, the ones with the highest IQs tend to be the most difficult to teach, since they have to shut up the monkey mind, and also go with intuition, not thought/intelligence while doing the actual practice. The mind can really get the in way, as well as bias things..

• Like 2

I would suggest that intelligence gets in the way.

EDIT: What she said... ^^^

;)

Edited by Brian
  • Like 3

S-B is neither simply for diagnosing disabilities nor strictly for children. You really shouldn't restrict your research to cursory scans of Wikipedia. A conversation with a PhD psychologist would probably be helpful.

Well, my co-worker had to take the test because she was henpecked into serious depression by her husband... :P

I took that particular test as part of a class during my undergraduate studies.

Ok.

Albert Einstein is a poor benchmark.

Yes, because he never took any IQ test.

My scores on various assessments are irrelevant. ;)

True.

Edited by Dorian Black

There is also reason to believe Albert Einstein was not who he is portrayed to have been. The suggestion is often considered scientific heresy, though...

I don't know about neigong (much yet) but with magic, the ones with the highest IQs tend to be the most difficult to teach, since they have to shut up the monkey mind, and also go with intuition, not thought/intelligence while doing the actual practice. The mind can really get the in way, as well as bias things..

intelligent =/= intellectual

intelligent = to be able to come the right conclusions & insights

intellectual = falsely believing to be able to come to the right conclusions & insights

• Like 2

.........., not thought/intelligence while doing the actual practice. The mind can really get the in way, as well as bias things..

Ofc not. It was from the mistakes or trial and error while doing the actual practice learned by the mind.

The lack of it perhaps.

No, I mean just the opposite. Intellect is very helpful for intellectualizing...

• Like 1

intellectual = falsely believing to be able to come to the right conclusions & insights

As long as those conclusions and insights don't come about in the middle of a time/place where the overly thinking mind should be switched off and also the ego/self kept outside of the ritual space/treatment room/neigong practices. Then brought back afterwards to analyze the whole thing if need be.

• Like 1

As long as those conclusions and insights don't come about in the middle of a time/place where the overly thinking mind should be switched off and also the ego/self kept outside of the ritual space/treatment room/neigong practices. Then brought back afterwards to analyze the whole thing if need be.

The ability to understand things right has not necessarily to come with internal verbal debates! :)

i would lsay a little of both helps...
  • Like 1

No, I mean just the opposite. Intellect is very helpful for intellectualizing...

Perhaps around IQ 115, which is average for high-school graduates.

But I guess beyond 130, you find mental masturbation rather boring and strive for more.

(We are talking REAL IQ levels here btw...)

• Like 2

I have heard numerous stories over the years about students of john who saw the book, more then once. Jim mcmillan said it was just sitting on a coffee table during his last visit, kosta and another spanish student have also viewed it. Its not locked up in a vault surrounded by armed guards.

Somebody could of used a hidden camera or mini button recorder to snap shot everything while pretending to innocently view it. I know It sounds like 007 but is not that far fetched with todays equipment.

Thanks,

Were you seeking one?

No, I'm sorry but not really interested in what kind of mental gymnastics you went through to have me saying build a bridge make your case. You're on ignore now.

Edited by Starjumper

Perhaps around IQ 115, which is average for high-school graduates.

But I guess beyond 130, you find mental masturbation rather boring and strive for more.

(We are talking REAL IQ levels here btw...)

Out of curiosity, what is your opinion on how "real IQ" should be measured?

Strive for more of what?

Well, the more intelligent you are the more you understand how little you understand.

So narcissistic intellectuals who think that their mind can capture everything and engage regularly in mental masturbation (as, let's say Drew Hempel) usually are more intelligent than average (I would estimate around 115-120) but not quite genius-level IQ (140+).

Edited by Dorian Black
  • Like 2

Out of curiosity, what is your opinion on how "real IQ" should be measured?

Generally, non-verbal tests who measure the ability to realize existing patterns in systems and the ability to predict future development in systems because of that are good IQ tests imo.

The levels of general knowledge, short-term & long-term memory can not be factors in a pure IQ test.

Btw, INTJ's usually are the best MBTI type in such tests. Another reason why it was not a good idea to ban MPG.

So, the way is going right how, are we still going to have a Nei Gong Forum or not....???

Well.. I learned this morning that MPG started a forum so I think I'll see how his works out before starting one of my own.

• Like 1

I started off with a little light trolling :Dhttp://www.mopaidebate.com/discussion/5/trolling-trolling-trolling-trolling-#Item_1

*Disclaimer, I do not in any way represent the views posted or expressed on the particular forum above, nor am I anything more than just a regular member of said forum that some friend of mine runs....

Edited by BaguaKicksAss