Torus

Does Anyone Have Power?

You could be worse than Hitler, worse than Genghis Khan, and still be more spiritually developed than Mother Theresa or the Dali Lama, if you you were training in a legitimate method like mo pai, and were able to dedicate your entire life to it.

:blink:

No matter how racist, evil or anything else they may be, it has nothing to do with how developed their spirit is or is not.

I think we need a clear definition of 'spirit'

I think we need a clear definition of 'spirit'

Your spirit is an energetic biological entity. When fully developed it's a energetic carbon copy of your physical body.

Edited by Thunder_Gooch

Come on man, nobody here is supporting murderous rampages (although arm T_G and set him loose at a New Age festival and I'd think all bets are off at that stage).

He's written so many times that 99% of all paths (other then his & 3? others) are garbage that he's closed his mind to new ideas. I find the majority of his comments have little to do with cultivation and mostly just arguing. If Mo Pai comes up (as here), don't expect to learn anything, it'll be a rehash of hundred of pages of childish back and forth, over and over.

• Like 2

He's written so many times that 99% of all paths (other then his & 3? others) are garbage that he's closed his mind to new ideas. I find the majority of his comments have little to do with cultivation and mostly just arguing. If Mo Pai comes up (as here), don't expect to learn anything, it'll be a rehash of hundred of pages of childish back and forth, over and over.

Sure, he's done a lot of things, but none of them involved promoting mass murder.

Your spirit is an energetic biological entity. When fully developed it's a energetic carbon copy of your physical body.

Source?

When you're messing with a supposed high level power, anything can happen, especially if you're not ready for it.

For instance, murdering entire villages of innocent men, women and children, and even worse, thinking that it's OK.

I know right; yet people do it everyday in the name of "war", or being a drone pilot.

Mo Pai dude felt pretty horrible about it afterwards from what I recall, and had to spend several years in seclusion making up for it. Not that that helps at all, just thought I'd mention even he didn't think it was a good idea, when all was said and done.

closed his mind to new ideas.

I think Reiki is absurd, but if a handful of Reiki masters stepped forward and demonstrated demigod like ability under lab conditions don't think I'd reverse course on that.

Stop with the silliness.

The point is evolution.

Nature is brutal, cruel and uncaring.

Everything eats everything else alive.

That's the same nature we crawled out of the trees from.

Yes .... we crawled out of the trees from ... why go back . Humans themselves know they need regulating ... thats why we have concepts like 'Super-Ego' and Maat - its all about adjustment

thoth-adjustment-sm.jpg

Mr, Nishihira used to sit in the corner reading during training .... only popping up occasionally when he observed a point of interest or fault. One day a student of his ( a 6th dan) asked him what he was reading ... he held up the book and said "Plato." and smiled.

Maybe you could read Plato's 'Gorgias' where this very issue ( power, might is right, nature being 'brutal and uncaring' { and that is also an illusion and projection of human values into a system that doesnt have them} ) and concepts of 'spirit' are greatly discussed in depth and intelligence .

• Like 1

Source?

Reality. The spirit most people die with is an undeveloped fetus, a dead husk of a mind, burnt out shell. For virtually all of humanity, that's what's waiting for us.

When you're messing with a supposed high level power, anything can happen, especially if you're not ready for it.

For instance, murdering entire villages of innocent men, women and children, and even worse, thinking that it's OK.

So in the entire history of the world and high level power, how many times has someone who wasn't already a an asshole used it to decimate entire villages, just because their family was murdered?

Not saying power doesn't make people who lean that way worse at times, but I think saying that doing... say Mo Pai for example... will lead you towards this is sort of pushing it. All the other MP folks turned out fine.

Reality. The spirit most people die with is an undeveloped fetus, a dead husk of a mind, burnt out shell. For virtually all of humanity, that's what's waiting for us.

You didn't answer the question so i assume you haven't got a source for your statement :

"Your spirit is an energetic biological entity. When fully developed it's a energetic carbon copy of your physical body."

Edited by Ish

You didn't answer the question so i assume you haven't got a source for your statement :

Reality is the source.

There are thousands of types of meditation, but few that actually do anything.

In the deepest most profound depths of trance you can see what a spirit is like for yourself without having to go look it up in a book.

Just run, quickly, if it farts... ;).

Or feed it beans and solve the energy crisis :D

That's a tad hyperbolic, don't you think?

I would agree with this is how most end up... but I probably wouldn't use the same wording...

I've never seen an internet forum or group come to a consensus on the definition of the word "spirit" ever! ;)

That's a tad hyperbolic, don't you think?

No Aeran it isn't.

I am telling you maybe one in a billion becomes something more than a dead husk of a mind at death.

Edited by Thunder_Gooch

Spirit is a vague term ... you seem to have appropriated it to describe some type of etheric body ?

etheric-body-opening.jpg

Reality is the source.

There are thousands of types of meditation, but few that actually do anything.

In the deepest most profound depths of trance you can see what a spirit is like for yourself without having to go look it up in a book.

A deep "trance" isn't reality, your mind will conjure up whatever you subtly want to see.

I know you don't care, but i throw this out there for other people to consider.

good day

Edited by Ish
  • Like 1

IME

someone with ' real power' doesnt show off or mouth off. 'Co-incidences' happen around them ;)

When someone says "Did you do that?" They say "Don't be silly .... it was just a co-incidence ."

The problem is, when they hang around with the same people too much ... those people begin to get suspicious.

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 3

A deep "trance" isn't reality, your mind will conjure up whatever you subtly want to see.

I know you don't care, but i throw this out there for other people to consider.

good day

No I am not talking about hypnagogic hallucinations, I am talking about consensus reality.

How about this one then? my teacher went to a free health check clinic at the local state hospital. The doctors interpreting the readouts said his eeg was like that of a teenager's (he was 78 at the time)

I don't care man, I want something real that can be quantified.

But that is real and quantified.

Edited by Starjumper

But that is real and quantified, so what's your problem?

Who care's what your eeg read out looks like? I am talking about people reaching another level of being.

After my event, I could sense an energetic body surrounding me, it was me and yet it wasnt me, and it had its own higher intelligence. It also had tendrils or horns or wings at its temples, which felt like feelers or sensors.

I think of it as some sort of higher self body.

I don't really know what it means.

Maybe on some level I do.

It's very strange.

It felt just like this;

Shade1Cover.jpg

• Like 1