leviticus

Who to train with?

Hello everyone! I have been dabbling with cultivating chi over the last 5 years or so. It is time to get serious. Unfortunately, there are so many opinions about what to do and how to do it right. I have been traveling around the U.S. going to seminars and am not afraid to spend the money to get the right teachings.

I have a healing practice currently and am attuned to various things, reiki, the reconnection, deeksha, the matrix seminars... I feel it is time for me to get serious now with qigong or something alike. As you can tell I am new to this. So, the question is...if YOU had the extra cash and time to fly anywhere in the U.S. and attend a seminar or train with a teacher where would it be and who would you like to train with? Thank you for reading this post and I hope to hear from everyone soon!

I'm not just saying this because I know (of) him through this forum, but I would learn from Michael Lomax (Ya Mu @ TTB). Aside from the astounding effectiveness I have heard of, his lineage is part of Quan Zhen, so for Taoist healing, that is as real as I'm gonna find it. I just don't see how I could manage it for myself right now though...

I'm not just saying this because I know (of) him through this forum, but I would learn from Michael Lomax (Ya Mu @ TTB). Aside from the astounding effectiveness I have heard of, his lineage is part of Quan Zhen, so for Taoist healing, that is as real as I'm gonna find it. I just don't see how I could manage it for myself right now though...

I agree about Michael Lomax. His teaching are deep and worthwhile especially for those on the healing track, but (I could be wrong, if so please correct me) it tends to come in weekend sized seminars. If you were traveling to the U.S. and had time and money, I'd suggest looking at Michael Winn's Healing Tao Usa programs. Its not that they're necessarily better, but they're longer, you could easily spend a month there learning from top teachers. Time it right and you could still fit in a Ya Mu seminar.

Thank you everyone for the replies and suggestions. School will be out in 4 weeks then it is off to a seminar somewhere. I went to wim hof's 3 day workshop recently. That guy is a lot of fun! We sat around and did some breathing exercises and laid in the ice bath at the end of the day. I am still doing the breathing that was taught in class and it feels really great!

About a year ago I went to Jeff Primack's qirevolution seminar. He seemed nice enough and we (me and my gf) really got a good buzz at the seminar. We came home and weeks later still felt great until we stopped doing it as much a couple months later. I just don't want to do something. I want to know what I am doing and why. You can ask questions in the seminar but I want a more one on one kind of experience. A small group that questions can be asked is better for my learning.

When school is out I am going to do some qigong with master jo in California. Obviously, he knows what he is doing and I am really excited to do some qigong exercises with him. I called his office in California but there is a language barrier going on between me and the girls that work the phones. I think the woman on the phone said I show up and do hour sessions with him. I am not sure, lol. So I will just make an appointment, show up and see what happens. It is 4 days I believe. I will be getting a healing treatment too. I was hoping for a seminar with him but I will take what I can get. I have heard that it's hard to understand him and the interpreter because of the language barrier but I want to meet and train with him anyways. Whatever happens I should kick a kick out of it and take something home I can use.

I would like to find a teacher that I could fly back and fourth to every so often. You know, learn this and that and learn more from there when I am ready. So you all kind of know where I have been with this stuff now. Thank you all again for your time to help. I hope to hear more from you all soon!

Hi Leviticus.

I think it's good that you don't want to just do what someone says, because a lot of the stuff out there isn't that great, but at the end of the day a lot of good teachers (especially if they are "old school") will want you to just practice instead of talking about it. So there is a trust issue. There are plenty of good books to read for the theory part, thought that has a way of getting people more confused it their teacher does it different than the author of the book they read.

Anyway, different teachers have different emphases. For what reason do you want to get serious about energy cultivation?

Here are some teachers I like, all of whom are Westerners, so no language barrier, but who did study the traditional stuff:

1. If you are interested in the Indian traditions, and are

a. hardcore interested "enlightenment" or "liberation", the quicker the better: Mark Griffin

b. interested in yogic physical culture, diet, sexuality, etc. along with the work towards liberation: Tao Semko

2. If you are more interested in Chinese traditions, and are

a. interested in energy healing or shamanism: Michael Lomax

b. interested in marital arts or emotional and physical health practices: Bruce Kumar Frantzis

Edited by Creation
  • Like 3

Good recommendations all. I would add Master Zhongxian Wu. He has a lifelong training program that looks cool, but don't really have the funds or flexability. I will be attending Mr. Lomax's seminar at the end of the month. I'm pretty excited to have that opportunity.

Mr. Lomax seems to be popular here. I will look into his workshops since I am looking more for the healing route. I looked at his video's. Is he shocking these people with his chi or poking them? I can't figure it out. Tiger, would you post your experience with the workshop when you get back? Thank you all for the postings!

Mr. Lomax seems to be popular here. I will look into his workshops since I am looking more for the healing route. I looked at his video's. Is he shocking these people with his chi or poking them? I can't figure it out. Tiger, would you post your experience with the workshop when you get back? Thank you all for the postings!

Do a search on the forum for more information, and check out his website: www.qigongamerica.com .

• Like 1

Hey, guys. I chatted with Mr. Lomax on the phone a couple of days ago. He seems like a good guy. I like what he had to say , his videos, and what you guys had mentioned about him. I think I will be training with him this summer. This is going to be a great step in my qigong/energy work practice I hope! Thanks again everyone for your help!

• Like 3

Hello everyone! I have been dabbling with cultivating chi over the last 5 years or so. It is time to get serious. Unfortunately, there are so many opinions about what to do and how to do it right. I have been traveling around the U.S. going to seminars and am not afraid to spend the money to get the right teachings.

I have a healing practice currently and am attuned to various things, reiki, the reconnection, deeksha, the matrix seminars... I feel it is time for me to get serious now with qigong or something alike. As you can tell I am new to this. So, the question is...if YOU had the extra cash and time to fly anywhere in the U.S. and attend a seminar or train with a teacher where would it be and who would you like to train with? Thank you for reading this post and I hope to hear from everyone soon!

Master wysun liao if you can manage to get to him....

• Like 1

I am a senior student of Teacher Michael Lomax and would highly recommend his Stillness-Movement Qigong.

Prior to training with Michael I have had many years of Martial Arts training with many highly regarded Masters of various Martial Arts (Masters, Grandmasters, Professors etc) and over time I believe I have developed a working knowledge of what a great teacher is. Michael Lomax fits into the category of great teacher - he is very real world and does not insist that his students call him master just that they be respectful. And in terms of the Power and simplicity of the system -- I couldn't imagine that any other system could be a better fit for someone looking for an excellent Qigong system that is not overly complicated to learn. Yes - as in anything worthwhile you do need to invest time and effort to become proficient with Stillness-Movement, but, you don't have to learn a complicated set of movements to become good with Stillness-Movement.

Now, Michael also teaches a "Movement System" - "The Gift of the Tao" and these movements are based on the energetic patterns from Stillness-Movement Meditation - but, the Meditation is the foundation of the System - Meditation and the Qi projections that Michael does at seminars to begin transferring the Lineage to the student are the basis of the system (Lineage). So, the movements are purely optional and are complimentary to the system. The Git of the Tao 1 has 18 movements that do take some practice to learn, but, a person could learn the 1st three movements and then practice them after they have practiced their stillness-movement and get plenty of benefit from those moves and then take their time in learning the rest of the Gift of the tao moves.

I usually practice the Gift of the Tao moves when I may have 15 minutes before I have to go somewhere or before leaving for work - I find that the movements put me into an extra calm state and may help me to think more clearly. They are great to practice anytime -- had a tense morning -- practice 10 minutes of the Gift of Tao at lunch - you will feel better.

What is particularly amazing about Michael and his seminars are those that are interested in becoming healers usually have some ability to heal others after the 1st seminar. That kind of ability is almost unheard of - after 1 weekend. Now what I have found is that Stillness-Movement is a "True Lineage". I have had the type of patient directed to me that I could handle at the time - based on my previous healing experiences. For example - after the 1st weekend seminar I had small issues that came my way -- people with headaches, minor body aches etc and i was able to practice the healing techniques that I had just learned. So, I spent more time practicing the S-M meditation and paid attention as it appeared people were being directed to me for healing. The more treatments that I performed the more were directed my way and typically the more complicated they became. But, my success rate started and has stayed at close to 100%. Truly amazing stuff.

I have learned to embrace the system - dedicate myself to S-M lineage and dedicate myself to putting in as much time and effort as I possibly can. How much time you put in is up to you. and Likewise what you get out of the Lineage is up to you.

I believe a person is better off studying one system - give it time to gel - 3 months, 6 months, 1 year. Then determine if the system is right for you and by doing so you will benefit more in the long run.

So, what happens over the course of a weekend at a Michael Lomax seminar? The 1st two days are what I like to think of as energetic days. We spend time practicing Stillness-Movement Meditation (sitting, standing, etc and receiving energetic projections from the Lineage Holder - Michael) and will spend time learning Gift of the Tao movements. We also (weather permitting) will take a walk and practice Tree Qigong (interaction with a tree - not taking energy from a tree). So the 1st two days are spent cultivating Qi and usually we'll have a demonstration or two of the use of Medical Qigong. Then the 3rd day is dedicated to learning Medical Qigong techniques from the S-M lineage and introduction to "Taoist Medicine".

So what you get from your investment is incredible and the more time and effort you decide to invest - well the greater your return. You do gain additional ability by returning for additional seminars - Michael will work with you at that point that you have achieved - teach you new techniques that you are ready for, help hone your skills on the movements, and yes - the foundation - provide you with additional energetic projections to share more of the lineage with you.

Lastly - Michael is available to you after the seminar - if you have a question or a need you can call him and he will call you back.

The best way to find out if this Lineage is right for you would be to attend a seminar - then invest some time practicing - I think you will be pleased with your choice.

Thanks,

kempomaster

• Like 2

I have a healing practice currently and am attuned to various things, reiki, the reconnection, deeksha, the matrix seminars... I feel it is time for me to get serious now with qigong or something alike.

I'm not sure that I would go anywhere.

I'd get Kwan Yin Magnetic Qigong (on dvd) from Dragon Gate Sanctuary. This school has a variety of deep hand methods appropriate for healers. (related threads #1, #2) If, after working w/ DGS dvds for some time, .. after that, if you chose to and could work out visiting, then maybe so.

The other school that I tend to promote is Hard Light. (Relevant thread.) That school's forte is that the Teacher, Mark Griffin, makes extremely high end transmission openly available. Studying w/ Mark is a phenomenal opportunity, but his transmissions are powerful and not for everyone, probably not all the time. :) If you're new to Hard Light and don't live in the LA area, I'd suggest streaming the class for a month and then perhaps travel for an intensive in-person. If you live in the LA area, show up for a few classes before you go to an intensive.

- Trunk

Enjoyed the conversation. Thanks for calling.

Know that there is a huge difference in medical qigong versus simple practicing of qigong. While there is a huge choice of simple qigong practices to choose from that are on DVD, you are not going to learn medical qigong from a dvd. It seems there is so much misinformation about medical qigong that many think it is the same thing as simple qigong. The study of medical qigong is the same as going to any graduate school. It is in-depth and a school which teaches it has the goal of imparting this in-depth knowledge of hospital and clinical based therapeutics to the student. The national qigong association (www.nqa.org) has established standards for clinical qigong practitioners as well as clinical qigong teachers. This is always a good place to begin research.

• Like 1

If you truly want to learn Qigong and yourself become an accomplished Medical Qigong prctitioner then you need to invest your time and effort studying with a legitimate Qigong teacher, Michael is knowledgeable, compassionate, and extremely Talelnted Qigong Master. The beauty of studieng with such a talented Teacher if that your learning can be a vastly incredible experience where you will want to have the weekend las a month and be dissappointed that it is only a three day seminare.

Facts are facts: You simply can have a DVD or book take the place of the teacher. The teacher has gained valubale experience from their teacher{teachers} and so. We cant begin to measure the ability that Michael has , with some of his visionarie ability when he works with pts and can tell things that happened in their past that shaped their lives. Almost like a psychic! But he is correct over and over!

The value of training with a teacher is that you get the inside look into their Qigong system - they help you to understand the material, Let you see how it can be useful. Teach you how it can be useful! Whereas, the limitation of a DVD or book is that it can share theory and ideas but the book/dvd can't always help you put into action from the material you are reading or the DVD you are watching. The support materials - dvd, books, etc are there to do just that - support the system, not train someone how to do the system.

In Michael Lomax - you have a Master that was trained by a Master of taoist Medicine and you had asnother Master of Chinese Medical Qigong that also trained Michael for many years. These Masters in response to Michaels time and effort, his morals, and his calmness chose him and trusted to have him represent Stillness-Movement and Taoist Medicine in the West.That is High Ranking Masters - endorsing , trusting, Michael to bring the Limeage to the U.S. and share it with those that wanted to learn it.

So, if you are wanting to make an investment in Qigong -- to be a Healer -- make an investment that you will be proud of ---Choose to attend a Michael Lomax Seminar, while there come and talk with me about the new skills you have developed and you will be glad that you chose to learn from the Master and not a book or dvd. Sure Michael offers books and DVDs but these are supplements to the in-person learning and never meant to take the place of class time.

If you are curious about the different healings - I have made several post of case reports - I post the case reports to allow others to see what type of issues need our help and you can get an ideas of the kind of Medical Qigong ability that you might develop with your sincere time and effort. I would suggest to click on my name - Kempomaster - and then scroll through some of my comments but spend extra time reading the case reports.

And of course if anyone has any questions I will be happy to address them soon.

Thanks

Kempomaster

• Like 3

If you truly want to learn Qigong and yourself become an accomplished Medical Qigong prctitioner then you need to invest your time and effort studying with a legitimate Qigong teacher, Michael is knowledgeable, compassionate, and extremely Talelnted Qigong Master. The beauty of studieng with such a talented Teacher if that your learning can be a vastly incredible experience where you will want to have the weekend las a month and be dissappointed that it is only a three day seminare.

Facts are facts: You simply can have a DVD or book take the place of the teacher. The teacher has gained valubale experience from their teacher{teachers} and so. We cant begin to measure the ability that Michael has , with some of his visionarie ability when he works with pts and can tell things that happened in their past that shaped their lives. Almost like a psychic! But he is correct over and over!

The value of training with a teacher is that you get the inside look into their Qigong system - they help you to understand the material, Let you see how it can be useful. Teach you how it can be useful! Whereas, the limitation of a DVD or book is that it can share theory and ideas but the book/dvd can't always help you put into action from the material you are reading or the DVD you are watching. The support materials - dvd, books, etc are there to do just that - support the system, not train someone how to do the system.

In Michael Lomax - you have a Master that was trained by a Master of taoist Medicine and you had asnother Master of Chinese Medical Qigong that also trained Michael for many years. These Masters in response to Michaels time and effort, his morals, and his calmness chose him and trusted to have him represent Stillness-Movement and Taoist Medicine in the West.That is High Ranking Masters - endorsing , trusting, Michael to bring the Limeage to the U.S. and share it with those that wanted to learn it.

So, if you are wanting to make an investment in Qigong -- to be a Healer -- make an investment that you will be proud of ---Choose to attend a Michael Lomax Seminar, while there come and talk with me about the new skills you have developed and you will be glad that you chose to learn from the Master and not a book or dvd. Sure Michael offers books and DVDs but these are supplements to the in-person learning and never meant to take the place of class time.

If you are curious about the different healings - I have made several post of case reports - I post the case reports to allow others to see what type of issues need our help and you can get an ideas of the kind of Medical Qigong ability that you might develop with your sincere time and effort. I would suggest to click on my name - Kempomaster - and then scroll through some of my comments but spend extra time reading the case reports.

And of course if anyone has any questions I will be happy to address them soon.

Thanks

Kempomaster

Hi,

Would Michael's course be beneficial for those who have a more Martial interest in Energetics?

Hi,

Would Michael's course be beneficial for those who have a more Martial interest in Energetics?

I have written briefly on this before. But can't recall which thread it was in :blush: I'll have a look.

Michael is not a martial artist, in that it is not what his focus is. Though I believe he has practiced a couple, more for fun if I recall correctly. Most of his students that I know personally however are martial artists, or have an interest in martial arts. And of course the stillness-movement lineage was 'synthesised' by Master Hu a highly respected master of xinyi liuhe who also practised other Internal arts. There is a very real relationship between xinyi and jingdong gong.

So while it is not something explicit, ie Michael is NOT going to teach you martial arts, there is something that if you practice the neigong alongside the practice of an internal martial art and put in 'time and effort' you may just surprise yourself :) But be warned you may also find you have other priorities emerge as well :o

Best,

• Like 3

Chunyi Lin of spring forest qigong has a good rep, don't let others here steer you in the wrong direction though, full lotus isn't as important as other make it out to be, a deep state of meditation is more important than how you fold your legs.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 1

Thank you all again. This has been a big help! I have decided to go train with Mr. Lomax sometimes this summer. Also, thank you Mr. Lomax for your time on the phone and posting here. I will be checking your site for a workshop I can attend.

• Like 1

Hey dude, I would recommend you to take a Nei Kung seminar or Personal Power Training seminar with Master Gary J. Clyman! :D

His website is http://www.chikung.com/

;)

A review of one of his PPT seminars from ttb member LittlePie:

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/19500-master-clymans-ppt-workshop/

Threads that can give you some info about Gary Clyman, his system and his abilities:

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/23158-chi-kung-emotional-lyposuction-lecture-by-nei-kung-master-gary-j-clyman/

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/18288-gary-j-clyman-interview-biography-you-can/

^_^

I get a "hyper" vibe from Gary Clyman and his students...Not saying that is bad....He just seems hyper.

• Like 2

Chunyi Lin of spring forest qigong has a good rep, don't let others here steer you in the wrong direction though, full lotus isn't as important as other make it out to be, a deep state of meditation is more important than how you fold your legs.

Yeah Chuyni Lin is awesome. People can reach high levels just from his home courses....without ever having to go see him.

If I had the money, I would check out some of the seminars held at Esalen in Big Bear, CA.

Or I would contact Santiago about going over to the UK to study with his Sufi/Silat teacher. One of Bapak Muhammad's students in the UK described him as,"Bapak has BIG energy...BIG!"

Edited by Prince...