leviticus

Who to train with?

Thank you, chi2012. Hmm, I can't find much on Bapak Muhammad.

"Bapak Muhammad" is like saying Sigung Jeff-- it's just a title, not his actual name. You're probably not going to find anything about him on the net which is why I said to contact Santiago if you are interested in traditional Sufi healing/energy work.

So just a short anecdote-- a middle-aged Chinese guy comes to my Taiji class on push hands day to play with the club. He easily tosses my teacher around who easily tosses us around. No one can touch this guy, but he barely touches everyone and sends them flying. He says,"I'm just a student with very little skill compared to my teacher." Someone asks who his teacher is-- he says no one that anyone has ever heard of.

That's just something to think about whenever these posts come up about who is the best to train with/study under-- the best is probably someone not teaching big seminar/retreats in Hawaii and creating fancy websites to talk about what they have to teach.

• Like 3

Thank you, chi2012. Hmm, I can't find much on Bapak Muhammad.

He's a generous and warm soul. I had the "pleasure" of meeting him and some of his senior students several years ago. I say pleasure cos the healing aint fun! :blink: But is very effective. It isn't for everyone.

Here he is doing some healing work on Santi;

Alex Kozma also knows him and I believe he wrote about him (not sure how much) in one of latest books, 'Warriors Guard the Mountain'.

Best,

• Like 1

Thank you for your input, Prince. The videos are great! I would like to know more about this guy. Is he here in the U.S.? Thank you, Snowmonki.

Hmm, I wonder if Cimande is where the Cymande (best British funk group of 70's, mostly Jamaican and Guyanese members) got their name (not to change the subject. just been a major puzzle for rare groove heads)?

Edited by Harmonious Emptiness

Wow, nevermind that last question. I did some reading around on the forum and see that kunlun is a touchy topic here.

The beauty of studing with such a talented Teacher if that your learning can be a vastly incredible experience where you will want to have the weekend las a month and be dissappointed that it is only a three day seminare.

Unfortunately so true, I always wish stillness-movement workshops would last forever. Of course due to the nature of the high level energetics we all experience at the workshop makes it seem like it lasts 10 times longer than it probably truly does :P