Thunder_Gooch

Released: Seeking the Master of Mo Pai: Adventures with John Chang by Jim McMillan

The table thing comes down to whether the material is natural or synthetic. The chopstick will go through wood, even processed wood, as long as it isn't totally impregnated with resin for example. Many tables in a restaurant have a synthetic covering on top, to make them more hygenic and easier to clean. I personally watched Pak John push a chopstick through a table one time.

It is good to be skeptical. Going and personally seeing and experiencing is the best route if possible. It isn't easy though and involves a lot of personal sacrifice. MPG is correct when he makes the point about commitment and sacrifice. I often get asked by people in China where I have visited. My answer is, I haven't. I tell them I came here to work. The reality is that my time and money has been spent on training.

I am not saying this is right or wrong, but it is the commitment required to do certain training, especially if you don't have the money. Not being weathly, not coming from a wealthy family, I relocated to Asia, found work here and saved what I could to do what I set out to do. It took years to get to that situation. It didn't happen overnight.

I've said it before and will say it again. Training like Mo Pai neigong is not suited for modern urban life. It requires significant time and being away from the distractions of society. That is just the way it is. I believe Wang Liping has intimated similar things in regards to Longmen Pai. Anyone wanting be attain what a John Chang or Wang Liping has attained at the very least needs to make the same kinds of sacrifices-not to mention possess their innate abilities.

Ultimately a person will be drawn to particular training, and will do what they need to do for themselves. They will make the effort and sacrifices. For some, they will invest their all. For most they won't. It isn't about 'right' or 'wrong', it just is. Recently I've been spending two hours a day purely on qi gathering exercises, then further practice on top. I know most people can't or won't because of other commitments. It has taken me years and years to get where I am, and there is plenty more work to be done. That's my life. I don't recommend it. It just is. Others can and will follow their own paths.

• Like 7

The kicker is modern life and it's distractions.

Would you dedicate every waking moment to training for 20 years+

Not to knock J.C. but if he didn't have a business and family he could have easily been more advanced than his master even right now. The cost of this art is every waking second you can spare to it, those who give up more, gain more. I am working a lot to try and get a camper, and a well and septic tank on my property now. When I've done that, that's the end of the road for me. I will be living on a part time job, and shopping only at dollar stores, and thrift stores for my needs. I will be living with almost no money. I plan on staying this way till my death, focusing only on training. The only reason I can see myself working more than part time would be to save up for books/dvds/materials if some new teacher comes on the scene.

Everyone wants to have their cake and eat it too. The reason people aren't advancing isn't the fault of the system itself, its the distractions of modern life.

And there's the time and the place and who you are and the life you want. I mean actually that 'you want' and not the life you think you ought to want, or that is driven by some other people's considerations of what is a 'good' life or what you think other people think. I like the idea of being able to live in a 'modern' life (although my current view is that it's pretty darn medieval at this point, computers aside) filled with distractions and being able to pick and choose which have influence over me or not. That's my 'pencil through the table'.

Here in the UK teachers have to hold professional indemnity insurance cover as an individual plus public liability insurance for the centre.

No insurance company will insure anyone who does not belong to one of the recognised and regulated governing bodies and holds a recognizable qualification to teach whatever it is that they teach and the specifications for what is taught are lodged with the insurers against any possible claim being made on the insured party.

Almost every internal and external cultivation you might care to name is listed by the insurers, the list is pages long and all the firms use the same list, I know that as we shop around for the best insurance deal every year and have just renewed for 2013 but Mo Pai isn't on that list.

Does anyone know of a Mo Pai teacher currently working in the UK or USA?

My question has to be, who are they, who insures them, and for what exactly?

If you can find that out then the specifications for the cultivation are a matter of public record and you can get at them via the insurance company.

It kills me to write this because I really wanted John to be the real deal, but now I doubt it.

Chang Sifu is a real deal, do not doubt it. But it actually does not matter as it is very difficult for Westerners to be accepted to Mo-Pai. Even if they are accepted, the training is risky.

Edited by Recep Ivedik

The book of Jim is a wonderful gesture of integrity, power and generosity!

Some people judging him for his wonderful act of sharing his journey and knowledge shows extraordinary stupidity from the inability to grasp what Jim has repeatedly explained in the book about his motivation: he feels in a way our time on this earth is only transitory and that one should see things larger than fearing some pissy angry ghost.The times of old traditions' rules is over, times are changing, all linneages are opening now, there is no time for secrecy for humanity's survival as spiecies is at stake. We either become one with the aspects of ourselves that go through and beyond matter (thus reclaiming the ability to feel connected and to feel for one-another) or we perish. In this context Jim is doing the right thing caring for humanity: it is not only about mastering a magical "martial art", it is about reclaiming the god-given faculties that humans are capable of, that for millenia have been obscured by the very same pety, cerebral, rigid egomania that we can have a taste from some judgmental individuals.

Not to mention that "spirits" and ghosts are often EXTREMELY manipulative entities mostly intent on things like exctracting emotional energy from people, and if possible, as a long term manipulation. They FEED on this type of dependencies! They are extremely low on the type of dazzling energy human beings have so they need to extract it from humans in terms to materialise and manipulate aspcets of our world.

This book makes me understand why the Seers of Don Juan linneage (present day Tensegrity practitioners), after seeing energy directly concluded that man's abslotely primal priority should be dealing and ridding of the underpinnings of the Ego, then the rest. The Australian Dickhead boy's vanity and egotism described in the book are mindboggling!! It is good that such people do not get any actual power of energy because their ego wants them to search for quick gratifications! Even if you give to such a dick plainly the very steps of practice for all the levels they still will just rejoyce on the novelty and feel "exclusive" for a time then just turn those steps into a mere mental inventory and never practice them. This is why it is very safe to let it in the open now--only sincere and devoted practitioner would sustain continuous practice for years. Once don Juan was asked by Carlos Castaneda "what is 'discipline' for the Seers?". He said that "discipline" is the ability to hold a long term sense of awe with a given activity. Jim is wonderful example of such humble sense of awe, i say it again and again but it is really moving and contageous to see how he cherishes this practice and path, doing his best each time and even more.

Go and get his book on Kindle, it is a very sincere and generous account. There are wonderful hints for your practice in there too.. You don't need much to start! Along those lines, Don Juan used to tell Carlos Castaneda when he was still arrogant 'academia' man: "you think you are soo superior, so sophisticated yet you never in your life have held your breath for a second...!". Suck from the both sides, hold your breath in terms to ignite this mix compressing and see what happens in the long run--for example, that's enough practice material for years to be cultivated--i find Jim's book has several bits of similar practical value and he certainly must have more in store for us as he progresses--so couldn't you guys be grateful (to the few nasty judges)?

Before, and while, you go on ANY enrgy cultivation or martial path: always strive to decrown the ruling ego. Otherwise no matter what you do and achieve will cause pain to others. Power with!

Edited by mr R Fairchild
  • Like 1

I read the book.

Jim's story reminds me of Forest Gump for some reason, 'xept that Gump had a happy ending.

Criticising Asian culture through your own American paradigm is sheer stupidity. Publishing it, well... :)

That being said I enjoyed the book, although reading it many times felt like spying on the neighbours, too much personal detail about people that were his friends and companions, thumbs down on this one.

BTW (and I don't think that much about this topic!) I had this weirdest dream last night, J Chang being treated for severe illness. The cause of the illness was some sort of punishment for the endless rants on internet forums about the sacred Mo Pai school :wacko: go figure out that one

Edited by 宁

Guest 3rdlevelmopai

You bring up some excellent point and these are my concerns. People are wasting time and money in a system that has been shut down to the Western populace, Jim knows this so why is he still trying to make a buck? He can't tell if your dan tien is 10, 20, or even 90% full and thus has no idea if you'd be ready to move to the next level or not.

I guess people seem to have forgotten that practitioners have died doing these practices, is it really a surprise it's kept a secret? There have been complications when people perform the meditations correctly under a teacher, which Jim is not mind you.

I still have some of his emails in which he basically just talks trash about John Chang and that it's OK for him to teach. That sure as hell isn't the kind of guy I want as a teacher.

People like you are just side-lined, opinionated wannabees. You don't know ,me nor know the full story, yet you talk as if you do...and there are names for people like you, which I will reserve until the end.

You do not know the reality of my involvement with the Mo Pai, and yet you talk as if you do. Look you numskull, to prove you "do not" know what you are talking about...name just one person who has died doing nai gong...hum? I can't hear you? What? Speak up, all I hear is mumbling!

I am not trying to make a buck and I am greatly offended that you would mention this in light of Verdesi and Micah/Lin and some other opportunistic clowns out there. You failed to mention some people are charging thousands of dollars for their training, and I am not even close. I only do it to try and protect the training, but apparently people like you do not have the wisdom to recognize what others believe is right. According to you, we should listen only to you in all your wanton wisdom, and yet, you sit on your couch playing video games and blaming others instead of trying to be a better person.

It is "only" your opinion that I talk trash about John. I have shared with people what happened to me about John's cowardliness to tell me to my face he can't teach me. A "real" man/teacher would have the bravery to tell my to my face what the problem is. But he did not...and I know this is OK with you because of the type of person you present yourself. Instead, my beloved teacher had some guy, a complete stranger, call me to give me the bad news...after all the time, money I spent and dedication I gave to him. Not to mention leading me on to believe he would continue teaching me to the 4th level and beyond. What kind of person "knows" he is not supposed to do something, even giving his word/oath and then violates that? And you are bad mouthing me? What's wrong with you? None of this would have happened had John Chang been a man and realized what he did in the first place and then do whatever he could to fix the problem...but he ran away! He wouldn't talk to me for 3-years after many phone calls and many letters.

I went to his families weddings for God's sake, I spent long hours, late into the night in John's company talking about our future together. I ate many meals in his home and not once did my teacher ever apologize or show me he cared after he dropped the bomb...he just dumped me after 13 years of dedicating myself to him and would not speak to me again. And you find fault with me? What is wrong with you?

I spent the next several years trying to get some information from him and it took him 3 years to finally respond, and then he didn't respond, he had someone else do it for him...again! And of course you think this is OK...you would.

I have a right to be angry, what kind of teacher helps you for 13 years and then dumps you without notice and then it takes three more years to find out what was going on...and this is OK with you I suppose.

Again, you don't have your facts right and yet you feel it is OK to talk as if you know the facts. You're a clown!

Listen up big mouth, the 1st level has two signs to illustrate what level of development you are. Not hard to see this if you are "in the know" in our training. Apparently you feel it is OK, like everything else, to distort truth and reality to suit your twisted mind. You are a blind, ignorant fool to behave this way.

And on top of everything else you've missed, I am currently at the 2b level, which is in the English levels the 3rd level...hence, 3rdlevelmopai!

When I first met John he told me there were four levels. I do not know why he did not tell me the levels went like this 1, 2a, 2b and 3. He just went with 1, 2, 3 and 4...which stuck with me for many many years until he finally told me the Indonesian level system. So, again, you got it wrong again, yet you don't seem to realize you are a complete fool for doing this.

I am getting really irritated with all you clowns spouting off without knowing the facts and talking as if you do. And I don't mind saying I think you're and idiot for doing things like this.

GROW UP! Learn what maturity is all about. Allow people to have their own opinion. And don't think everyone should listen to you. You've been proven wrong and I bet you won't have the courage to apologize for your vast ignorance. However, I bet you will have something else to say and won't realize it's over.

• Like 2

Guest 3rdlevelmopai

I really had no problem with Jim until now that I'm reading what he wrote in his book.

First: Jim contacted me maybe one year ago asking me for getting in touch with Master Wang Liping. Not to learn longmenpai but much more because he needed help. I respect his privacy, so I don't give here more informations about it. Now he's writing that noone doing the Mo Pai correctly had health issues. That's true. Jim is one of 3 I talked to. Everyone had a different problem, but clearly coming from the hard training.

Second: He sais Master Wang is charging lot of money. 150€ for 7h training a day? Is that much? And that he's charging that money is Verdesi's fault. But that's a different story I don't want to tell here.

It's the flight, hotel, translation, food and transportation that makes it expensive.

Third: How can Jim say that the system is "downgraded" and taking years just to get on level 1? I know Level 1 and learned the same technique the first day on my first lmp seminar. Right before learning the same day something that is similar to 2a. Downgraded is just the sitting and that's because of the students. I wonder how many students would go to a second seminar or even do one more day after you've been sitting bound together in full lotus for 2h the first day?

Last but not least: I don't like what Jim's writing about Kostas. Kostas is a honest person with an excellent humor and you can feel that when you read his books. The only thing I could feel reading some pages of Jim's book is that he's dissatisfied.

Yes, I contacted this clown because I was under the impression that he was a like-minded comrade...but found out quickly he is nothing but a self-serving clown who thinks he is the lone guard of his school.

I find it really funny when you find their teachers, they welcome you into their group as they did with this clown, yet he thinks he needs to protect his teacher, school and whatever else this egotistical clown thinks he needs to protect. I've run into so many of these idiots through the years and I am still running into them unfortunately.

Also, this guy lied, he told me he would not tell me his teacher was Master Wang. I had no idea what system he was involved in or who was his teacher. And now he says Wang Liping! Wow, how easy is it to turn things around to try and cut other people down to make them selves feel better about them selves. I am ashamed and sorry I ever contacted this clown. He is nothing but a self-serving, egotistical, idealistic hard head who believes he alone is the sole sentry of his school...when his teacher is completely capable of handling things without him. After all, Master Wang is level 35 and what is this clowns level?

Now about Kosta, clearly, you do not know Kosta. John told me way back in 95 that he didn't like Kosta, and in 96 he said he was not going to teach him any more. Why?...because he couldn't trust him. The first book Kosta wrote as supposed to be a biography on John's life. It was supposed to be all about John, yet somehow, it turned out to be just the opposite. I was there when John told me how upset he was that Kosta lied to him. And then later, John's son told me about Kosta's temper and how it really upset John's home with Kosta's inability to handle his anger. And yet you talk about Kosta as if you know him without knowing the facts...you have proven you are an ignorant clown who needs supervision.

And as far as you mentioning I said the training was down-graded...you clearly misunderstood what I was saying, which would be expected since you are consistently ignorant of the facts.

You know, it would be nice for once to see someone like you to come to me first and discuss things with me before you stick you foot in your mouth and look like a fool after I have a chance to explain myself.

It is way too easy to bad mouth people with hearsay and misinformed information. I wish you would grow up and stop trying to be the authority on everything in the world. You don't have the intelligence for that, which was proven by your inability to come to me first as a mature man.

• Like 1

Jim - glad to see you are posting -- sorry to hear about what happened with John Chang. Also though he did not want the video of his lighting the paper on fire released and then it was released but then he went secret for a couple years and then when he did a new video he had another disaster with his spirit ancestor. So it seems like it's not you so much as John Chang's interaction with the whole modern Western indirect mass media technology that is the real issue....

http://thetaobums.com/topic/28163-the-official-shifu-lin-aka-micah-aka-hern-hung/page-7#entry426972

I assume you have been reading this thread..... I recommended you get the phone healing from Jim Nance or Chunyi Lin - call 1-952-593-5555 -- to treat your condition.

They can heal you if you want the help.

• Like 1

Guest 3rdlevelmopai

Jim, you should read carefully what Ken has to say here. I am sure most Mopai students would agree completely with these statements.

By keeping referring John Chang as Pak John, it is clear that you don't really understand Chinese or Indonesian culture.

It is also absurd for a student to continue demanding lessons, especially after all the hurtful and crazy statements that you have made. As Ken pointed out, by insulting the Mopai ancestors, you have doomed yourself in this lineage. Even IF another Mopai school exists in China (which I personally doubt), why would they take you as a student after reading this book?

Boy, you guys just don't get it. It is not up to you to criticize me with how I am going about my life. I do not criticize you for your mistakes...if I knew them. You just don't seem to have any compassion for situation.

John promised me a bunch of things, yet he didn't once say what he did was wrong. He lost confidence in his demon spirit and felt he must do things on his own to try and continue the school. However, in the mid eighties he told me he had over a 100 students...and just a few short years later, I was knocking on his door in November of 1989...and he accepted me on the grounds that he had no "Indonesian" students worthy of taking over the school. In fact, two of his students, at separate times, lived in his home as he was allegedly grooming them to take over the school. And guess what, they took off and didn't look back while defying their teacher and never contact him. Both these guy started their own schools which proved just how much loyalty they had for John. When John was kicked out of his position, the demon spirit called one of them to come back and take over the school. I asked John about that and he said all was good between them...which wasn't the case previously.

Now, two students betrayed John and I am criticized? And on top of that, John "not once" said I could not teach anyone. It never came up. And yet he is acting like I knew...with the rest of the isolated Indonesian students who prove they are prejudiced toward Westerners by their behavior.

None of you seem to appreciate the fact, let along know the facts, that John claims to be a Christian. His whole family is,accept for his oldest son who left Christianity to be a Catholic. In Christianity and Catholicism we are "commanded" not to have "any" kind of association with spirits whatsoever! Got that! Yet John followed spirits for decades and decades!

John even told me that we should "never" believe what they say. What kind of advice is this and then not do it? He said we can never trust them whatsoever and should stay away, yet he continued to betray his pseudo Christian faith over and over...and I am the bad guy in all this? What is wrong with you people? His entire family took me aside on many occasions and scolded me for being a Christian and dabbling in nai gong. None of his Christian family is proud of their father for his association with spirits...and you push me into the bad guy column?

And it would be good for you to stop with your romantic fantasies, believing these demons are alleged "ancestors" of the Mo Pai. You clowns don't realize God gave us all this knowledge to benefit all humanity. And now we have demons preventing this while trying to stop what God decreed for us to do. These demons do not want this knowledge spreading out into the world to help humanity. These demons want this knowledge to stay "i-s-o-l-a-t-e-d." You are clearly lost and have no knowledge of the consequences of your blind opinions.

John has broken his promise to his teacher, and yet you fault me. He promised me things and never went through with them. He coward out from his responsibility to face me about the bad news and hid...and people fault me?

John knew my desire to learn, and yet dropped me without trying to redirect me or help me in anyway. He even said he was aware of at least 10 masters at his level or higher, and didn't feel any guilt about helping me find a new teacher.

And this is what you do to a dedicated student for 13 years?

Ya, and you would just calmly walk away smiling. You talk a good story, but I think if you were in my shoes you wouldn't do anything much differently.

I became so upset with John's coward-ness that I wasn't going to allow him or his demons to stop me. I am determined to continue my training and not depend on a man who hasn't the courage to tell me to my face what the problem is and have someone I don't know tell me. That is not a man! And if you support this, you are also not a man. A man gets up from being knocked down and finds a way to climb a mountain. John never helped me over that mountain, which would have been the right thing to do.

• Like 2

Jim,

This place is a cesspool for armchair experts, and trolls. Don't let these people get you down.

There are many people here who look up to you as a father figure and mentor, and genuinely appreciate the effort you've made over the years to help people.

This place is a never ending argument, and most of the community has a sour grapes mentality about mo pai. Anyone or anything associated with mo pai is hated. Magick, reiki, tai chi, and philosophy reign supreme here.

In my opinion reaching any sort of conclusion with these people will take months if not years of daily debate and argument, and I have to wonder if it's worth the trouble.

Don't let them get to you.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy

Jim,This place is a cesspool for armchair experts, and trolls. Don't let these people get you down.There are many people here who look up to you as a father figure and mentor, and genuinely appreciate the effort you've made over the years to help people.This place is a never ending argument, and most of the community has a sour grapes mentality about mo pai. Anyone or anything associated with mo pai is hated. Magick, reiki, tai chi, and philosophy reign supreme here.In my opinion reaching any sort of conclusion with these people will take months if not years of daily debate and argument, and I have to wonder if it's worth the trouble.Don't let them get to you.

The only thing I'm going to say directly to you is that I hail you as Supreme Lord of the Mo Pai. Your dedication, honesty and strength is what gives me hope in this dark dark world. I love you. I love you as a baby loves his mother. You make all wrongs right again. I cannot fathom the depths of your knowledge. With this I must ask a few questions and please My Lord, answer them with honesty, keeping your values first and my feelings second.

1. How many countries have you been to in search of truth? 2. How many States have you been to in search of truth? 3. How many cities have you been to in search of truth. 4. How many masters have you met? 5. Of those how many have performed demos in you? 6. Of those how many have given you practice material? 7. Of those how many 100 day cycles have you spent before abandoning the practice? 8. Because of your vast amount of EXPERIENCE I must add that I'm looking forward to your book, Supreme Lord Matt.

I would like to make on observation, someone already brought it up BUT wouldn't it be best to try and let go of any hate or anger that has leached it itself to Jim? He appears to have many years of hatred. It's the easiest thing in the world to pick on a Christian but the Golden Law is to love one another as He, who gave his life for us, Loves us. Hatred and anger shows none of that. It appears that even now he spews anger.

Shoot me an email, we will chat in private, the answers might surprise you. Also I'll make sure to dedicate my upcoming book to you if you like.

Jim's a Christian, but he's also human. If I invested 7 years of my life, only to find out my university kicked me out because I was white, and I couldn't transfer to any other university to complete my PhD, then I guess I'd be mad as hell too, and mostly likely anyone else would be as well, but hey we can pretend being upset about that makes someone unreasonable.

Jim's mistake was feeding the trolls here, this place is a cesspool of trolling and mudslinging, and you never get free of it, no matter how much you battle the armies of darkness, the trolls ever flow into your threads. It's worse than a zombie apocalypse around here.

The only thing I'm going to say directly to you is that I hail you as Supreme Lord of the Mo Pai. Your dedication, honesty and strength is what gives me hope in this dark dark world. I love you. I love you as a baby loves his mother. You make all wrongs right again. I cannot fathom the depths of your knowledge. With this I must ask a few questions and please My Lord, answer them with honesty, keeping your values first and my feelings second.

1. How many countries have you been to in search of truth? 2. How many States have you been to in search of truth? 3. How many cities have you been to in search of truth. 4. How many masters have you met? 5. Of those how many have performed demos in you? 6. Of those how many have given you practice material? 7. Of those how many 100 day cycles have you spent before abandoning the practice? 8. Because of your vast amount of EXPERIENCE I must add that I'm looking forward to your book, Supreme Lord Matt.

I would like to make on observation, someone already brought it up BUT wouldn't it be best to try and let go of any hate or anger that has leached it itself to Jim? He appears to have many years of hatred. It's the easiest thing in the world to pick on a Christian but the Golden Law is to love one another as He, who gave his life for us, Loves us. Hatred and anger shows none of that. It appears that even now he spews anger.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 3

Full of anger and hatred?

Who are you to say these things? Jim spend over a decade of his time devoted. Than like morepie said, was cast out for being white. Than Micash/"SHIFULIN YA" - (get that little play on words?) is broadcasting to thousands of people who once respected him that his whole life work made him sick. Tried to make people think he didn't learn anything and his mistakes are costing his life. So SIGN UP NOW WITH MICASH to get the OFFICIAL MOPAI INSTRUCTIONS. MICASH stole from Jim. Now all of you are believe this lie and making him out to be a sad dying man. This is FARRRRR from true. You guys need to watch what you say. Watch what you believe and read between the bullshit. Any man christian, chinese, indonesian, russian, alien, whatever would be also mad if someone was going to great lengths to personally ruin you and everything you have done for the last 10 years?

So anyone that comes on here that has a problem with Jim to hell with you. You have no honor sitting on your computer judging him.

Have some respect and think about how you would feel if you were Jim you cowards.

• Like 1

Jim, do not think at any moment that you can come to a public forum and smear John Chang's good name. You want to air out your grievances, you had your chance many times when you visited John at his home. You still can't accept the fact that the school is closed to you and still tries to defend your position for all the wrong actions you've made. Do not think at any moment that you are the only one who is privy to John Chang and your situation. Your rebellious actions have warranted Mopai's ancestors' warning and closing of the Mopai system to Westerners.

Yes, you are very similar to Verdesi and Micah/Lin. In fact you are worse than them. You do charge for your "lessons" in the Mopai system. It doesn't matter whether it's in the hundreds of dollars or thousands, but the fact is you've profited financially from your teachings. Your reason for you to do it is to protect the training is ridiculous and laughable. You want to really protect the training, then DON"T TEACH. At least with Verdesi and Micah/Lin, they don't bad mouth John Chang and call his ancestors demons.

You called John Chang a coward for not telling you he can't teach you to his face and had another person to give you the bad news. Get over yourself. Do you think you are important to Mopai and its success? What arrogance! Have you ever thought for a moment that John Chang's insufficient grasp of the English language is the reason why he asked someone else to explain why he can't teach you anymore. I know for a fact that many time in your conversation with John Chang, someone was present to interpret for you and John Chang. In fact I was one of them.

What dedication have you given to John Chang? All you did was dedicate your time and effort for yourself. The money and time you spent is not for John Chang, but to further your training and progress. So don't spout BS about your dedication to John Chang.

Do you know why John Chang wouldn't talk to you for many years? It's because you can't accept the fact that he can't teach you anymore and you were still trying to make an argument that he should by saying that 1/16 of you is Asian/Chinese, or something stupid like that. Don't you know we have read all your letters to John Chang and know exactly what you said in them.

Yes, you went to his family weddings, ate at his home and John Chang is generous like that. But, it wasn't only you who John Chang invited. Many other "Western" students got invited too. You are not special at all, nor was your relationship with him unique. John Chang is a generous person and his generosity was and is extended to other people and Westerners, besides yourself.

You have the right to be angry, for no one can force you how you should feel. In fact we understand your frustration when the school is closed to you. But, this doesn't give you the right to be angry at John Chang by calling him names. John Chang, like many other masters of any school or system, is bound by rules and regulations set by the ancestral masters. The reason John Chang taught you and the other Western students was that he thought that times have changed and wanted to bring out to the world and other cultures the knowledge that he had. He wanted to share his knowledge to the world, but he was reminded of his oath and he has to acknowledge that. Many a time John Chang has regretted that action, and acknowledged that his ancestral masters had better understanding than he did.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you are not 3rd lvl student. John Chang has many times told us that. You might be close to passing lvl 2a, but you were never acknowledged or given the lvl 3 instructions. John Chang has never given you the lvl 3 training method. You might misunderstood the instructions for lvl 2a and mistaken it for lvl 3.

In regards to your reply to Neikung, where you mentioned that John Chang "had no "Indonesian" students worthy of taking over the school", you must have misunderstood his statement. In the 1980s, the ancestral masters have already decided who would take over the school after John Chang, which was the current headmaster.

To your statement that two students who lived in John Chang's home had betrayed him is utterly ridiculous. I know those two students you are talking about, and they did not betray him. You did not understand their situation. The fact is those two students were not "groomed" to take over the school. They lived with John Chang because he gave them a place to stay and worked for him. They left was not because they betrayed him, but one found a wife and lived with her, whereas the other went back to his hometown for personal reasons. Both maintained good relationship with John Chang. One did open his own school, but it wasn't because he betrayed John. Before learning the Mopai Neikung, that student was a Wushu master, and after he left, he resumed teaching Wushu as a means to make a living. He was still a Mopai student and continued his necking training.

For you to criticize John Chang's belief as a Christian is ridiculous. Isn't a man's relationship with God his own? How could you judge his belief? Don't you know in the bible it is stated that you should not judge other for you will be judged. His communication with God and his ancestral masters are not for you to judge for you are not God. John Chang prays to God and he even prayed for others and with others. Even in the bible, it is acknowledged that there is a "spirit" realm that are not composed of demons and devils. As to John Chang's family members' belief and their communication to you should be private, and you are a petty person for even bringing it out. Do you ever honor people's beliefs and private lives?

As to your claim of knowing what God wants us to do shows your arrogance and how close minded you are. You are not open to other beliefs, and cultures. Your incessant calling of the ancestral masters as demons really make you out to be ignorant and full of bitterness. You are a hypocrite for calling John Chang as not a real Christian. How about you? You knew all these before and yet you still learn from him. What does that make you as a Christian?

As to John Chang's knowledge of 10 masters who are at his level or higher is covered in the Magus of Java. He knew of them through his meditation in the mountains, but he did not know them personally. For you to expect him to help you find a new teacher is preposterous. Many other Western students found their new teachers themselves, and what give you the rights to demand such a request. Your dedication of 13 years in the Mopai system is nothing compared to the other students. It's laughable for you to even try to use that as an excuse.

Reading your correspondence in this forum really shows me what kind of a person you are. You are unappreciative brat who is arrogant, ignorant and mostly live a bitter life. Everybody is sorry that you are currently very sick, even John Chang. Hopefully you get better, but if you don't, try to live the rest of your life in peace. When you die, try to die in peace and dignity.

though cultural barrier between us is thick, you should get the message.

Why is this so?!?!!?!?

It sounds like Jim was brushed aside because of things not of his doings.

So Jim cant even visit john they cant even be friends?

Why cant any compassion be shown to him and at least point him to another master so he can continue or something?

Well can i get the both of you to agree publicy that sifu lin/micah has no right to do what he is doing?

Why is this so?!?!!?!?

It sounds like Jim was brushed aside because of things not of his doings.

So Jim cant even visit john they cant even be friends?

Why cant any compassion be shown to him and at least point him to another master so he can continue or something?

Well can i get the both of you to agree publicy that sifu lin/micah has no right to do what he is doing?

Puretruth, what do you think of Jim's reaction and behavior towards John Chang? What do you think about Jim bad mouthing John Chang and his ancestral masters? It's so easy to ask for forgiveness when Jim, himself, does not show any remorse. After all this, do you think anyone, in John Chang's shoes, will want to be friends with Jim? Compassion? Why would John Chang or Mopai show any compassion if Jim still insists on his bad behavior?

Puretruth, what do you think of Jim's reaction and behavior towards John Chang? What do you think about Jim bad mouthing John Chang and his ancestral masters? It's so easy to ask for forgiveness when Jim, himself, does not show any remorse. After all this, do you think anyone, in John Chang's shoes, will want to be friends with Jim? Compassion? Why would John Chang or Mopai show any compassion if Jim still insists on his bad behavior?

Look ive seen this before Jim is hurt and angry. But I honestly believe that Jim still loves his former sifu and school.

Ya know the thin line between love and hate?

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you are not 3rd lvl student. John Chang has many times told us that. You might be close to passing lvl 2a, but you were never acknowledged or given the lvl 3 instructions. John Chang has never given you the lvl 3 training method. You might misunderstood the instructions for lvl 2a and mistaken it for lvl 3.

would you care to elaborate on this? is there some other test beyond the pushing the can/cigarette box test?

the main thing that confuses me about this statement is: why would john deliberately teach him only a part of the level? i mean, he was there for over a decade doing the same thing over and over again.

do you mean to say that every time jim showed up at john's doorstep, he would give him a test (knowing that jim was doing it wrong/incomplete), not check his body as you said is required, and then further lie to him that he was doing it right the whole time? i'm not accusing anyone of anything here but that seems a little far fetched to me. it seems like at least one of the 9 years he was doing 2a, the problem would have been corrected at least once.

while we're on the subject, would you mind telling the world what really happens when your dantian is torn? maybe this will be your real chance to prohibit practice without a teacher.

edit: i can't remember if he did 2a for 9 or 7 years

Edited by wrags

Full of anger and hatred?

Who are you to say these things? Jim spend over a decade of his time devoted. Than like morepie said, was cast out for being white. Than Micash/"SHIFULIN YA" - (get that little play on words?) is broadcasting to thousands of people who once respected him that his whole life work made him sick. Tried to make people think he didn't learn anything and his mistakes are costing his life. So SIGN UP NOW WITH MICASH to get the OFFICIAL MOPAI INSTRUCTIONS. MICASH stole from Jim. Now all of you are believe this lie and making him out to be a sad dying man. This is FARRRRR from true. You guys need to watch what you say. Watch what you believe and read between the bullshit. Any man christian, chinese, indonesian, russian, alien, whatever would be also mad if someone was going to great lengths to personally ruin you and everything you have done for the last 10 years?

So anyone that comes on here that has a problem with Jim to hell with you. You have no honor sitting on your computer judging him.

Have some respect and think about how you would feel if you were Jim you cowards.

Justice/Jim?.

i find it strange that in a reply to me you just spew out utter nonsense/bullshit. I think Micah is a piece of shit. He's a con man.

What do I think about Jim?

You have 3 sides to a story. 1. His 2. Hers 3. The truth.

I think that Jim is possibly seeing things in a light that deems him completely innocent.

I think that he probably did something or displayed something that may have been a character fail.

Just because he is a man that is ill doesn't mean that he should be coddled.